Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tip to all whiners about nanoresist vs. Traders/debuffers

Tip to all whiners about nanoresist vs. Traders/debuffers

Max nanoresist with three levels.

Get two Fractured sanity rings (Yes, you can get them from neleb he drops them every single time.)

Get two Notum focus and wear them (Clawfinger forefather in smugglers den)

implant it as much as you possibly can.

There, oh my god didnt you resist? Why are you then running at 100% agg-modifier? Didnt your mum tell you that running at 100% agg-modifier kills your evades AND nanoresist?
    Probably not.

Now heres what you do, RUN AT 0% WHEN FIGHTING A DEBUFF PROFESSION IN PVM OR PVP.
    Now that wasnt to hard now was it?

And yes, with enough nanoresist you will resist everything in the game, with exception of NT's with high enough MC, or traders who already have drained something up. But thats another issue.
    Traders are already underpowered as it is, especially at 100>, since I cannot really speak for <100.

Just raise nanoresist instead of crying nurff, Its that simple really.

Not really underpowered in PvP even with all that stuff you just suggested.
    Implanting nano resist tends to kick a shining cluster from the head and that tends to hurt a lot in one nanoskill.
    Not sure if 40 pts of nano resist from the foci is worth trouble you need to go through to get them and the loss of between 300 & 400 pts of AC.

Further there have been a few tests by an enforcer with maxed resist running the best rage (IIRC +800 nano resist) getting drained at least 1 out of 2 attempts. A modified resist of 3500 at defensive stance against a plunder and still getting 1 out of 2 through. Dunno what you are complaining about.
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

whoops that was before 14.2
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

Post The cast time

Yes you can max your Nano resist..its not only good
    for Trader but other professions to like doc etc..

I dont think this is the right way go, use all your IPs on maxing
    nanoresist and all your drudgery, juste becuse the traders
    debuff are so powerfull and deadly ?

I think the problem is realy simpel to fix. .Raise the plunder and dives cast time..both on PvM and PvP, thay shud have alot longer
    cast time..then the nanoresist skill dont have to be max out
    and you dont have to go max DEF so your guns goes slow etc.
    NTs know all about lont cast time..so shud the traders..

If the traders think thay have to much fun..and will start whining
    if thay get nurfed/balanced.. ( i realy dont care ) i will play a trader when thay are no longer lame..trader will always be powerfull becuse of there plunder line.. what about have longer
    drain time if you get a successful drain? and longer cast time..
    The trader can plunder a low lvl mob and then fight the human player with a much higer QL gun than others.. dont tell Trader
    are underpowerd..then you dont know how to play one
    Last edited by Tecscope; Sep 20th, 2002 at 13:45:00.

Re: The cast time

Originally posted by Tecscope
    Yes you can max your Nano resist..its not only good
    for Trader but other professions to like doc etc..

I dont think this is the right way go, use all your IPs on maxing
    nanoresist and all your drudgery, juste becuse the traders
    debuff are so powerfull and deadly ?

I think the problem is realy simpel to fix. .Raise the plunder and dives cast time..both on PvM and PvP, thay shud have alot longer
    cast time..then the nanoresist skill dont have to be max out
    and you dont have to go max DEF so your guns goes slow etc.
    NTs know all about lont cast time..so shud the traders..

If the traders think thay have to much fun..and will start whining
    if thay get nurfed/balanced.. ( i realy dont care ) i will play a trader when thay are no longer lame..trader will always be powerfull becuse of there plunder line.. what about have longer
    drain time if you get a successful drain? and longer cast time..
    The trader can plunder a low lvl mob and then fight the human player with a much higer QL gun than others.. dont tell Trader
    are underpowerd..then you dont know how to play one
    I see you dont play a trader so I wonder where you get your data. It is quite difficult for a trader to maintain divest and plunders usually so if the issue is them draining a mob then fighting in PVP the issue is not anything diffrent than pre buffing except the trader has only a few mins to maintain or he will have to start at the bottom again.

Also about weapons, Traders can equip about the same level weapon others can except if they miss a divest or plunder their weapon goes to OE 75% or 50% in a heartbeat. Traders are the only class that needs to constantly land 2 nanos every 3 mins to prevent that from happening.

As for trader heals, they have been nerfed already. As many traders will tell you, if they do a team heal twice the DOT that it hits them with kills them usually without any external combat.

Personally I quit playing a trader due to griefers crying nerf in PVP and nerfing way to many of the classes. A trader went from a great Roleplaying and Unique class to just another combat Class... but still they have been nerfed enough. Breaking things to balance does not work. Perhaps they should change nanoresist a bit.

BTW I Use grid Armor in combat and it is dependent on Nanoskills to wear. You all think you get hit hard from traders, My Grid armor OE's by 50% and if you know anything about grid armor at %50 well it means hit me with every shot and make sure they are all crits. Takes Tactics around a trader for sure but I still dont want them nerfed.

Traders have been nerfed enough.

You realize if they nerf them then some other class will be next because they will be the uberclass and everyone will cry Nerf...

...next time it might be your class.

No more Nerfing to fix... the mechanics are the problem not the skills.
    Last edited by Koyote; Sep 20th, 2002 at 15:44:25.

Post You dont see the problem becuse you like the unbalance to much..

see you dont play a trader so I wonder where you get your data. It is quite difficult for a trader to maintain divest and plunders usually so if the issue is them draining a mob then fighting in PVP the issue is not anything diffrent than pre buffing except the trader has only a few mins to maintain or he will have to start at the bottom again.
    Yes..i have played a trader to 30 level..but thats not were
    i got my information about them..
    You say that Traders are underpower.... i realy cant under
    stand that..

What i normaly see in PvP are 1 or 2 Trader..gank eveyr player
    thay can PvP with..some times..thay even team with you
    and then gank you later..put divest and plunder.(3 sec cast)
    and your dead in few sec..underpowerd? in what way? lol

Why do traders gank? becuse no one wont to PvP them..

Also about weapons, Traders can equip about the same level weapon others can except if they miss a divest or plunder their weapon goes to OE 75% or 50% in a heartbeat. Traders are the only class that needs to constantly land 2 nanos every 3 mins to prevent that from happening.
    Did you read my post? i was saying that the plunder and divest
    line shud sty longer(but have longer cast time)..so you can drain animas and kill your opponent with alot higer QL gun..still you think Traders are underpowerd..

As for trader heals, they have been nerfed already. As many traders will tell you, if they do a team heal twice the DOT that it hits them with kills them usually without any external combat.
    Well trader have all nice stuff..thay have calm/debuff (ROOTS)
    avade buff etc and you whine becuse the heal have bin nurfed? lol

Look at other profession what do thay have?? huh?
    i dont think you care about balance at all..you just wont it
    "the easy way"..

Personally I quit playing a trader due to griefers crying nerf in PVP and nerfing way to many of the classes. A trader went from a great Roleplaying and Unique class to just another combat Class... but still they have been nerfed enough. Breaking things to balance does not work. Perhaps they should change nanoresist a bit.
    The nanoresit is not broken..it just work in another way
    than normal avade skill.

BTW I Use grid Armor in combat and it is dependent on Nanoskills to wear. You all think you get hit hard from traders, My Grid armor OE's by 50% and if you know anything about grid armor at %50 well it means hit me with every shot and make sure they are all crits. Takes Tactics around a trader for sure but I still dont want them nerfed.

You realize if they nerf them then some other class will be next because they will be the uberclass and everyone will cry Nerf...
    i dont think you know how trader divest and plunder
    affect i PvP.. tray play random professions.. the fix i am
    talking about is not a nurf..but a balance to the all ready
    a very powerfull profession..if you still think your profession is underpowerder..maybe then traders is not your style?
    No..lol i dont think NT will get a nurf (not now) ..
    Funcom have done a grate work balance this game more and
    more..like the bracer in this last patch..many people start to whine
    when balance do occur to them..

Hehe i think funcom have another opinion about that..
    so do alot of other players..

nurf are for whiners.
    fix are for players..
    theres a difference between does to words..
    Last edited by Tecscope; Sep 20th, 2002 at 16:21:12.

WTF???

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tecscope

Yes..i have played a trader to 30 level..but thats not were
    i got my information about them..
    You say that Traders are underpower.... i realy cant under
    stand that..

Umm I never once said they were under powered I said they were nerfed enough.

Did you read my post? i was saying that the plunder and divest
    line shud sty longer(but have longer cast time)..so you can drain animas and kill your opponent with alot higer QL gun..still you think Traders are underpowerd..

Yes I read it and I disagree it's hard enough for a trader to maintain divest and ransack

Well trader have all nice stuff..thay have calm/debuff (ROOTS)
    avade buff etc and you whine becuse the heal have bin nurfed? lol

I didnt whine it's a fact... I am wondering what you are smoking...

Trader heals have been nerfed and ask most traders and they will tell you that if they do a team heal twice the DOT it puts on them kills them without the need for anyone to shoot at em.

Look at other profession what do thay have?? huh?
    i dont think you care about balance at all..you just wont it
    "the easy way"..

Ok Now I know your on crack. First off it sounds like you are jealous of traders and not looking for balance at all.
    Second Umm I mentioned I dont play a trader anymore for the reasons stated in my other post and the fact that I get Raped wearing Grid Armor vs a Trader... so I dont see how not nerfing the class again makes *ANYTHING* ease for me... Dahh... man where did the intelligence of your post hit the toilet?

The nanoresit is not broken..it just work in another way
    than normal avade skill.

As Isaid nanoresist works fine for people who put enough points in it... if you dont like it then you should try and change the mechanics not nerfing classes.

i dont think you know how trader divest and plunder
    affect i PvP.. tray play random professions.. the fix i am
    talking about is not a nurf..but a balance to the all ready
    a very powerfull profession..if you still think your profession is underpowerder..maybe then traders is not your style?

My god man why do you even bother quoting me when you are not listening to a thing I say? As I said CLEARLY I dont play a trader anymore.

No..lol i dont think NT will get a nurf (not now) ..
    Funcom have done a grate work balance this game more and
    more..like the bracer in this last patch..many people start to whine
    when balance do occur to them..

Oh it will come eventually I started playing this game since day 1 played every class pre and post nerf war. Traders worked fine in the beginning as did most classes then people learned to over equip and instead of fixing that they started nerfing this and that.

OMG NOW I understand why you dont want Nanoresist changed but traders Nerfed!!! Changing NANORESIST might make someone resist one of your NT nukes. Heheh sounds like *YOU* want the easy way out, lol!

Hehe i think funcom have another opinion about that..
    so do alot of other players..

Yep and if you read the threads you will also see how the game is being ruined by nerfing. Again I will say I have played *every* class pre and post nerf. The game worked fine till people learned how to beat the system, and instead of fixing that they started nerfing the agent, soldier, fixer, trader... and on and on... Ruining the game in many ways, reducing traders to a combat class ect. And you know what after all that nerfing they ended up fixing the problem of over equiping... wonder what the game would be like if they had addressed that first.

Also I would like to point out that by Funcoms Own Polls PVP ranks pretty low. Actually Keeping the Animated series ranked Higher... and yet the rest of the game keeps getting mangled by nerf while the mechanics (that are the real problem) go unaddressed.

nurf are for whiners.

Yes so please quit whining =P

fix are for players..

So address the real problem and become a player.

;-P
    Last edited by Koyote; Sep 20th, 2002 at 17:14:56.

Umm I never once said they were under powered I said they were nerfed enough.
    well the guy who started this tread did think so..
    and since your answering for him then i ges thats
    your opinion to...

Yes I read it and I disagree it's hard enough for a trader to maintain divest and ransack
    Realy? it dosent look that way in the arena to me.

I didnt whine it's a fact... I am wondering what you are smoking...
    LoL

Trader heals have been nerfed and ask most traders and they will tell you that if they do a team heal twice the DOT it puts on them kills them without the need for anyone to shoot at em.
    i realy think that Trader need a crit buff or someting
    thay are so weak and all..maybe thay need a slayer droid to?

Ok Now I know your on crack. First off it sounds like you are jealous of traders and not looking for balance at all.
    Thats right i am soo jealous becuse Traders
    can win every fight with there superior fast divest
    and plunder nano line and make every NT useless to me,

Playing other profession is unbalance becuse i smoke crack..!!

"Only does who dont play a trader smoke crack!! Dont say any thing to a traders..thay are nerfed and underpowered
    (like the post started with) leave us alone we have the right
    to be lame over other professions.. we dont need to be changed"

Second Umm I mentioned I dont play a trader anymore for the reasons stated in my other post and the fact that I get Raped wearing Grid Armor vs a Trader... so I dont see how not nerfing the class again makes *ANYTHING* ease for me... Dahh... man where did the intelligence of your post hit the toilet?
    LoL you have your way of talking i must say..
    so you stoped play your Traders becuse
    of fixers grid armor? Lol ..

What i think you need is to start get some more info
    about basic playing this game.. then you can come back to this
    post were we talk about game Mechanics and not
    about toilet or crack mechanics...

end of storry..

the rest of your post have bin flushed down
    the toilet. Come back when you can write your postes
    in a more professional way...
    Last edited by Tecscope; Sep 20th, 2002 at 18:01:45.

I play a pre100 enforcer and I played a post100 Trader. I can tell you that nanoresist is a ***** for traders, no matter how good you are or think you are as a trader.
    Smart people will pour ip into nanoresist in order to defend themselves from nanoattacks. And the really leet people will say>

"yo yo this skill is borked", and you will notice these are the same people who said evades were borked. Which they werent.
    Just because the skill is darkblue for most professions, doesnt make it less important hehe. Take agents and evades for instance, oh goodie they are black. That sure is a reason not to raise them.
    Or take enforcers and fixers, chech the nanoskills out. They are as black as wesley on a sunny day (mm sexy), Just because a skill isnt Ip-friendly doesnt make it less important.

So if you wanna get drained or nuked up, go ahead and get nuked and stuff, dont raise Nanoresist, be leet and kewl.

oh I battled a level 90 enforcer with my 150 trader, and yes. I lost, I was a bit rusty sure but I still didnt manage to land a single drain. and no I'm not ashamed, because I know smart players will raise nanoresist to such an extent that it will render me and my drains useless.
    Dumb players (Lets call them that for now) however will just skip it and assume they will resist anyhow (oh yeah great idea).

And yes, getting 2x Notum focus is worth it, since I belive 400 more armor-rating isnt really worth it. I stopped care about armor-rating as I hit 3000, which means around ql 140 armor. heh.

Learn to read you loser

Originally posted by Tecscope

well the guy who started this tread did think so..
    and since your answering for him then i ges thats
    your opinion to...

Realy? it dosent look that way in the arena to me.

LoL

i realy think that Trader need a crit buff or someting
    thay are so weak and all..maybe thay need a slayer droid to?

Thats right i am soo jealous becuse Traders
    can win every fight with there superior fast divest
    and plunder nano line and make every NT useless to me,

Playing other profession is unbalance becuse i smoke crack..!!

"Only does who dont play a trader smoke crack!! Dont say any thing to a traders..thay are nerfed and underpowered
    (like the post started with) leave us alone we have the right
    to be lame over other professions.. we dont need to be changed"

LoL you have your way of talking i must say..
    so you stoped play your Traders becuse
    of fixers grid armor? Lol ..

What i think you need is to start get some more info
    about basic playing this game.. then you can come back to this
    post were we talk about game Mechanics and not
    about toilet or crack mechanics...

end of storry..

the rest of your post have bin flushed down
    the toilet. Come back when you can write your postes
    in a more professional way...
    OMG you cant even read can you? God I am sorry but YOU need to learn to read and write more "professional"

As I stated in my post where you totally BUTCHERED what I said I quit playing a trader because they made it into a Combat class and ruined all the uniqueness from the joy of it being more of a roleplaying class.

And MORON I didnt say they were underpowered PLEASE pull your head out of your ARSE long enough to try and comprehend things!

And GRID armor is in refrence to that I play a Fixer now who gets brutalized by Traders but I still dont cry out to nerf a trader.

My God man you really need to learn to read if you are going to try and flame, I dont even know why I am respoinding to such inane dribble.

End of Story

Tecscope?

I have to agree with Koyote.

I have no idea why you started flaming and misquoting. What he said is Trader fact and was not a flame and your comments about it make no sense.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Koyote

I see you dont play a trader so I wonder where you get your data. It is quite difficult for a trader to maintain divest and plunders usually so if the issue is them draining a mob then fighting in PVP the issue is not anything diffrent than pre buffing except the trader has only a few mins to maintain or he will have to start at the bottom again.

[/QUOTE]

I see part of the problem here.

I see part of the problem Scope, You must not be aware that Gridarmor is Fixer only Armor. So when Knoyte says he wears grid armor it makes it pretty known that is is saying he plays a fixer now.

Grid armor uses nanoskills to wear not like normal armor and when he faces a trader a trader renders his armor useless, but inspite of that he doesnt cry out for a nerf.

Though I still dont think you should have flamed his first post as it is all factual things about Traders that most people dont know.

just to add my .02

I am a horribly gimped trader with crappo nanoskills at level 125 yet i still have no problem keeping both top drains running non-stop against vets. Get mochies for TS and PM and i am resisted maybe 5 times per mission. thats included drains calms etc.

The hardest part is the begining of the mission getting the drains stacked up to use the top ones and keep them up. I alternate refreshing them on alternate mobs. Even then i wouldn't need to do it that often 1 in 2 mobs would be enough,.

?

Originally posted by Intrepid
    just to add my .02

I am a horribly gimped trader with crappo nanoskills at level 125 yet i still have no problem keeping both top drains running non-stop against vets. Get mochies for TS and PM and i am resisted maybe 5 times per mission. thats included drains calms etc.

The hardest part is the begining of the mission getting the drains stacked up to use the top ones and keep them up. I alternate refreshing them on alternate mobs. Even then i wouldn't need to do it that often 1 in 2 mobs would be enough,.
    So you are saying the casting times should be increased?

Arrow How quaint, another trader nerf laundry list

The simple thing would be to delete the trader profession, and let traders reroll.

Everyone ends up happy, more or less. I know I'd manage Levels, tokens, items...the rest I can give up. Far better than going down this nerf slope.

Too bad it won't happen, FC would have to admit some things ("we have no clue about traders, we nerf based on loudest whines regardless of merit") and the nerf mongers would have to admit thats what they really want. Well, not quite, they wouldn't admit that they really, really want all traders deleted and maybe banned too for good measure.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Zenbones/Koyote has a point... read it till you understand tecscope!

Re: How quaint, another trader nerf laundry list

Originally posted by Mercatura
    The simple thing would be to delete the trader profession, and let traders reroll.

Everyone ends up happy, more or less. I know I'd manage Levels, tokens, items...the rest I can give up. Far better than going down this nerf slope.

Too bad it won't happen, FC would have to admit some things ("we have no clue about traders, we nerf based on loudest whines regardless of merit") and the nerf mongers would have to admit thats what they really want. Well, not quite, they wouldn't admit that they really, really want all traders deleted and maybe banned too for good measure.
    Let the traders select a new Class and do an IP reset

I couldnt bare deleating my trader when the nerfs started....
    Was my Main for so long.... And what an original concept too.

*sigh*

Post I have no more to say..

If you guys dont understand what the heck i am talking about
    then read my post again..

end ot storry..

Originally posted by JhoannaX
    I play a pre100 enforcer and I played a post100 Trader. I can tell you that nanoresist is a ***** for traders, no matter how good you are or think you are as a trader.
    Smart people will pour ip into nanoresist in order to defend themselves from nanoattacks. And the really leet people will say>

"yo yo this skill is borked", and you will notice these are the same people who said evades were borked. Which they werent.
    Just because the skill is darkblue for most professions, doesnt make it less important hehe. Take agents and evades for instance, oh goodie they are black. That sure is a reason not to raise them.
    Or take enforcers and fixers, chech the nanoskills out. They are as black as wesley on a sunny day (mm sexy), Just because a skill isnt Ip-friendly doesnt make it less important.

So if you wanna get drained or nuked up, go ahead and get nuked and stuff, dont raise Nanoresist, be leet and kewl.
    I got a lvl 193 NT, and ive maxed NR since lvl 1, and fyi, NTs NR skill is light green and is as cheap as possible, 5 ip cost at lvl 1. I got bright + faded NR clusters QL 200 + 1 ring of frailty +25. NTs got the best non-buffed NR skill in the game. NTs are pretty easy to play at max def, cause most of our nukes are instacast anyway, at least at the high end of the game. Problem of course is that nukes alone dont do the job very well, we have to rely on a weapon or 2.

At max def that gun fires pretty slow, and that alone makes it near impossible to kill anyone, because even NTs rely on guns to do main damage. At max def we can cast our best nuke either, IEF, we need to go pretty far to agg for it to be instacast. But of course, I dont go max agg with my NT, because that would mean crits will hit me far more often.

Traders divest hits 90% of the time, and best one debuffs about 200 points, which already have made my gun get 25% penalties and makes my nukes suck, cause I can no longer even cast the next best nuke, not the third best either... I have to go far down the list to find a nuke I can use.

Now you "try" to plunder me, it will hit approx 50% of the time with agg/def at med setting, which means you will prolly debuff me in 2 tries, and yes 50% of the time you will do it at 1st try. Then im down at 200 AMS and 550 MC, which means 75% penalties (and 50% dmg on top of that dont exactly hurt) and nukes taht can be compared to what a lvl 75 NT is casting, and this is happening to me while YOUR skills have raised by about 350 points, which means I got 200 AMS and you got well over 1000. You crit me like crazy. You single heal yourself, and well, im without a chance.

Traders debuffs are WAY to powerful, and needs some form of NERF now! In PvP it shouldnt be possible to stack them, or only 50% effect just like dmg. There might be other solutions, as long as it is a nerf.

Originally posted by JhoannaX
    oh I battled a level 90 enforcer with my 150 trader, and yes. I lost, I was a bit rusty sure but I still didnt manage to land a single drain. and no I'm not ashamed, because I know smart players will raise nanoresist to such an extent that it will render me and my drains useless.
    Dumb players (Lets call them that for now) however will just skip it and assume they will resist anyhow (oh yeah great idea).
    Then you suck ass, and I would love to see that fight.
    Last edited by Garzu-perman; Sep 23rd, 2002 at 09:57:39.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Originally posted by Clark "Garzuperman" Kent

I got a lvl 193 NT, and ive maxed NR since lvl 1, and fyi, NTs NR skill is light green and is as cheap as possible, 5 ip cost at lvl 1. I got bright + faded NR clusters QL 200 + 1 ring of frailty +25. NTs got the best non-buffed NR skill in the game. NTs are pretty easy to play at max def, cause most of our nukes are instacast anyway, at least at the high end of the game. Problem of course is that nukes alone dont do the job very well, we have to rely on a weapon or 2.

At max def that gun fires pretty slow, and that alone makes it near impossible to kill anyone, because even NTs rely on guns to do main damage. At max def we can cast our best nuke either, IEF, we need to go pretty far to agg for it to be instacast. But of course, I dont go max agg with my NT, because that would mean crits will hit me far more often.

Traders divest hits 90% of the time, and best one debuffs about 200 points, which already have made my gun get 25% penalties and makes my nukes suck, cause I can no longer even cast the next best nuke, not the third best either... I have to go far down the list to find a nuke I can use.

Now you "try" to plunder me, it will hit approx 50% of the time with agg/def at med setting, which means you will prolly debuff me in 2 tries, and yes 50% of the time you will do it at 1st try. Then im down at 200 AMS and 550 MC, which means 75% penalties (and 50% dmg on top of that dont exactly hurt) and nukes taht can be compared to what a lvl 75 NT is casting, and this is happening to me while YOUR skills have raised by about 350 points, which means I got 200 AMS and you got well over 1000. You crit me like crazy. You single heal yourself, and well, im without a chance.

Traders debuffs are WAY to powerful, and needs some form of NERF now! In PvP it shouldnt be possible to stack them, or only 50% effect just like dmg. There might be other solutions, as long as it is a nerf.

Then you suck ass, and I would love to see that fight.
    I fought him without any hotbar macros :P try that yourself as a trader hehe meow.
    And damnit werent you banned ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast