Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Demoder's Corner (Tools and Stuff)

because they still stood longer than other sites. no matter if they fell now.

It's a bug actually... One which seems somewhat difficult to iron out (I'll have to pretty much reconstruct that query). Will take some time to fix.
    Thanks for reporting it
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

I always took that as how it was supposed to work lol. I understand they have now fell...but they are the longest standing sites since you put the tracker up. Makes sense to me atleast. Maybe not to other people. Oh well, if you change it can you post here to let us know how its handled then?

It's supposed to check which sites are currently the longest standing ones.
    It seems to do this correctly... but it's just not reporting the owner faction right.
    Here's why: It's using the "owner" faction of the last victory/loss of the site to determine who owns it. Which, of course, is wrong. We're interested in the current owner, not who held it before.

Some examples:
    Up until recently, there were a certain neutral site which had stood undefeated for many, many years. It's no longer showing in the list.
    If you look at PW x6 (orange in list) and EFP x4 (blue in list), you'll notice that the previous owner were clan and omni respectively; But now, Omni owns both.
    Last edited by Demoder; Dec 22nd, 2011 at 05:52:15.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

The "Longest standing sites" feature should be working as intended now, except it doesn't use the LCA map for finding the current faction when other methods are unavailable yet.
    Last edited by Demoder; Dec 22nd, 2011 at 07:51:46.

Many of my websites & services will be unavailable for a few hours today, due to a critical update of the infrastructure.

Unaffected services:
    Helpbot

Some affected services:
    Itemsbot
    CIDB
    Towerwars.info
    Last edited by Demoder; Jan 14th, 2012 at 05:10:03.

Most things should be back online now. Please let me know if this isn't the case.

Demoder, your site isn't working right now.

Everything seems up here, at least now... which site are you refering to?

I've been informed it was the tower tracker.
    Some investigation showed that the "Denial of Service" counter-measurements were a bit overzealous, and have been tweaked accordingly.

JungleGeorgeRK2: Thanks for reminding me I'll look into getting the "premade implants search" tool up and running under demoder.me later.

Some of todays work on the PlanetMap viewer: Screenshot, and another to better illustrate the "follow these characters" feature.
    Last edited by Demoder; Mar 13th, 2012 at 03:11:54.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleGeorgeRK2 View Post
    Same goes for the map tools page.
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum

Map tools page can be found here: http://www.demoder.me/t/pf/ (Pardon the design, it's not working well at all for that site (and the colors wouldn't for any tbh ), and will be replaced when time allows.)

Small info :

It seems there's a mix up between PW 8x and PW 11x.

this weekend, clan terminated a CT, your tracker said it was 11x, but it was 8x in fact.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Small info :

It seems there's a mix up between PW 8x and PW 11x.

this weekend, clan terminated a CT, your tracker said it was 11x, but it was 8x in fact.
    I'll look into that... I'll need some more info though:
    Which dimension? And who were the attacker, and who were the defender?

cant link the search

so, RK1 :
    Code:
    When               Zone  #   Attacker    Defender   Level 
    2012-03-17 21:13   PW   11  {N/A}        Instability  100 - 150
    no attackers as it was a /tower terminate on CT
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale

Mm.... The tower messages are very limited; When someone terminate their CT, it only states that the given org lost their site in the given zone. Mapping these to a towersite is a matter of guesses, and this time it didn't know of any other sites in that zone owned by that org.

IIRC, this will correct itself as more data becomes available to the tracker over time; Such as any attacks against this orgs other site(s) in that zone.
    The data won't be updated the moment such info is available, but it should update within a week.

Worst case, there'll be an inaccuracy in the logs. Some days, I wish the messages were more detailed.

I dont think Instability had another field in PW (at that time) (for info)

But yeah, terminating CT doesnt give much info.
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

Now I'm confused. Were the information correct? They did indeed terminate PW x11?
    Or are you saying they had PW x8 (and terminated PW x8), and didn't even have PW x11 at the time?
    Last edited by Demoder; Mar 19th, 2012 at 11:56:24.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast