Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cz, Cozmik...do you realize?

Cz, Cozmik...do you realize?

With each patch, AO is getting closer to simply being EQ with a Sci-Fi theme. Check it:

Static dungeons (memories of SolA, LGuk, ToFS come to mind...you do them once and never want to go back)
    Static mobs (memories of the AC and his ridiculous spawn time (in excess of 24 hours I think) come to mind)
    Static quests (reminds me of the Wizard Staff of the Wheel quest. At least the different environments one had to travel through to get the pieces made it somewhat interesting.)
    Camping galore (Jack the Legchopper = EQs Ancient Cyclops...everyone needed to kill the ancient cyclops to get his ring which everyone needed for the JBoot quest and now everyone needs to kill Jack the Legchopper for the profession ring quest.)

This is disappointing to see....a game with such potential turning into an EQ clone. I came to AO in hopes of escaping the mind numbing amounts of camping in EQ, and now it seems like I never left.

I have spent much time climbing the level curve and I don't ever think I will have the patience to reach the top of it, considering both the time it takes and the fact that there's only one viable method of advancement (BS missions).

14.6 is coming soon and I'm hoping that one of two things will happen in 14.6:
    1. The bugs that plague a majority of the game are fixed...
    2. Something drastic is done to the game (like a dimension-wide nerf on camping) to change the horrid path this game is treading down.

Hopefully 14.6 won't make me to ask the one question I don't want to ask....: Who wants my stuff? :\
    .: Naraya :.

ANARCHY-ONLINE... QUEST!!! =). If you cant find somthing your good at take from someone elts, what are we all 8 years old now ?

Originally posted by Oncidium
    ANARCHY-ONLINE... QUEST!!! =). If you cant find somthing your good at take from someone elts, what are we all 8 years old now ?
    Uuuhhh...what do you mean there Oncidium?

After the first time doing the Alvin/Dodga quest I decided to leave quests alone. Standing in line or camping an NPC that spawns every 4 hours is tedium and the slaughter of mech dogs that took place after Alvin/Dodga was "fixed" so they never despawned was stupid.
    A logical solution would be to make the NPC's spawn randonmly and for them to move around so they are not so easy to find. The problem with that is that we as players are lazy and would surely whine about how hard it is to find the NPC... Apparently Leg-chopper is a wandering NPC so we will see how that turns out. Trust FC to come up with one NPC to kill for all profession quests, though...

What is more worrying to me is that in their attempts to improve the game they by adding items and new armors etc. it seems like they have no clue as to what would be really useful for different professions/breeds. A lot of times the requirements are totally impossible to attain and if they were the items gives totally neglectable boosts. In their desire to fill AO with "content" the design philosophy is 'the more, the better' instead of 'less is more'. I know for sure that I would appreciate less items, but ones that would be truly useful, useful enough to do a quest for even.
    Another thing that they are doing is ignoring problems that a lot of professions have, like our NCU belts. Instead of forcing me into Carbonium armor in order to gain more valuable NCU's, why not simply make us move things like Recompilers from our belt or make 7-8 slot belts. There are lots of problems like this, but we all know that, don't we?

I know for sure that me ever entering Camelot would ruin what love I still have for this game. For starters...it's a castle with a dragon in it, in a sci-fi MMORPG!!! 'Nuff said. Secondly...I hate camping and just the thought of entering a raffle to get my hands on some nice loot boggles my mind.
    Unique and rare loot should drop randomly from a range of mobs, as it is now you have to be in a faction (preferably a high level one) to stand a decent chance of getting the truly useful items in the game. Combine this loot with outdoor hunting and we will suddenly have a reason to venture outdoors again. The new boss camps is one of AO's worst ideas so far, their idea of content seems to be more and longer fights against mobs that still are variations on the ones we have been fighting for 50 levels, sad indeed.
    Spread the good loot all over Rubi-Ka, give players a reason to venture out in the wild. Instead of more or less forcing us into 4 or 5 places where the good stuff is, spread some out far and wide, make us explore and hunt.
    Imagine an Omni news bulletin saying that a unique mob have been spotted somewhere in PW carrying a delivery to the clans, like a Nullity Sphere MII. He has to be stopped and whoever stops him gets to keep the crystal. SCRAMBLE!!!
    It doesn't take much...

I was awed when this game first came out, I was blown out of the water and thought I had found my new home away from home. Of course you get jaded after a while but I feel FC should have been able to look after this world better than they have been doing so far.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Originally posted by Dominata

I know for sure that me ever entering Camelot would ruin what love I still have for this game. For starters...it's a castle with a dragon in it, in a sci-fi MMORPG!!! 'Nuff said. Secondly...I hate camping and just the thought of entering a raffle to get my hands on some nice loot boggles my mind.
    Unique and rare loot should drop randomly from a range of mobs, as it is now you have to be in a faction (preferably a high level one) to stand a decent chance of getting the truly useful items in the game. Combine this loot with outdoor hunting and we will suddenly have a reason to venture outdoors again. The new boss camps is one of AO's worst ideas so far, their idea of content seems to be more and longer fights against mobs that still are variations on the ones we have been fighting for 50 levels, sad indeed.
    Spread the good loot all over Rubi-Ka, give players a reason to venture out in the wild. Instead of more or less forcing us into 4 or 5 places where the good stuff is, spread some out far and wide, make us explore and hunt.
    Imagine an Omni news bulletin saying that a unique mob have been spotted somewhere in PW carrying a delivery to the clans, like a Nullity Sphere MII. He has to be stopped and whoever stops him gets to keep the crystal. SCRAMBLE!!!
    It doesn't take much...

I was awed when this game first came out, I was blown out of the water and thought I had found my new home away from home. Of course you get jaded after a while but I feel FC should have been able to look after this world better than they have been doing so far.
    there are probably thousands messages about camping solutions and how to bring hunting back in the game like the solutions you suggest and that i agree completly with. do you think they even thought one time it could have been something that could have solved many problems like for example the "team mission for ever in BS" syndrom ?
    no, 3 times no, the designers are smartest then you , i just saw one time Cz replying to a similar proposition and the answer was:
    "it would be too difficult for the (meaning: stupid) players to walk through the playfield in order to find random mobs with random loots.. oh no, poor little thing, look we have THE solution, statics camps , predictable mobs, predictable quest , legshopper at the end of the quests to be sure that everyone in the game will be forced to meet the guy and kill him.. take the line, take your ticket and wait your turn if you want to kill him. Camping , you said camping ?
    I'm sure EQ is 10 time better than AO, at least there is more than 5 donjons in the game.

yes i know, i should better leave the game if i dont like it, ok account canceled , dont worry and several guys in my guild too.
    I dont want anymore to be forced to go back , once again , in BS in order to gain decent Xps and loot.
    I loved AO, it was an amazing game, with a lot of promises, but whoever is in charge to manage this joke now i can say to him, thanks ! you definitively disgusted me to play one single more minute.
    R.I.P. AO
    Alphane
    Jetdail
    MA - Clan -

Yep, sucks don't it?

Too bad, because this game had potential.....Notice I said had. It's just a major suckfest now.
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

Do you remember...

Greetings,

Do you guys remember how the game was when it started? There was allot of story content and everyone felt that it was exciting and an adventure to take up the Clan or Omni banners. But then things began to change for the game. It seems like Funcom started to tweak the game to try to make everyone happy and now they are stuck on the path they started on. Funcom is to far involved with the changes they have made to ever come back out and set the game back to it's original ideas and goals. I still enjoy the game as is but I miss the old days. Will I ever quit? Maybe sometime in the future if another online game comes out that can be what AO was meant to be. But in the meantime I will stay with AO and watch Funcom continue down this rocky and pitted road they call a game.

Story was NONEXISTENT until Halloween, and after that it was a couple events and some cartoons.

Woo, that's some story there.

True... what was I thinking

The thing is, you wont get Cz to comment a thing like this, its hard when it is so negative and true.

The problem is, the ARK Event team is not allowed to do any of the story events, not write them, not do them. And the FC event team havent done anything publicly in a very long while, does it even exist anymore I wonder?

Its too bad, cause they did do some good stuff now and then. I remember when Philip Ross visited a meeting, when the Dust Busters crashed a leader meeting and killed several guild leaders, when the next leader meeting they sent Omni-Pol guards to protect us from another raid. When GM Ilmo revealed himself as an Omni-Tek traitor leading a group from my guild (Ancestors of Atlantean) into a Dust Brigade trap that killed them all. Small events like that surely made some of my best days on Rubi-ka.
    But somehow it all stopped...
    First player with all characters 100+ and still a newbie....

Re: Cz, Cozmik...do you realize?

Originally posted by Naraya
    With each patch, AO is getting closer to simply being EQ with a Sci-Fi theme. Check it:

Static dungeons (memories of SolA, LGuk, ToFS come to mind...you do them once and never want to go back)
    Static mobs (memories of the AC and his ridiculous spawn time (in excess of 24 hours I think) come to mind)
    Static quests (reminds me of the Wizard Staff of the Wheel quest. At least the different environments one had to travel through to get the pieces made it somewhat interesting.)
    Camping galore (Jack the Legchopper = EQs Ancient Cyclops...everyone needed to kill the ancient cyclops to get his ring which everyone needed for the JBoot quest and now everyone needs to kill Jack the Legchopper for the profession ring quest.)
    /me shudders.

With the pathing AO has, it's more like memories of CoM or Karnor's or Splitpaw, or one of the friggin planes..but I agree..pleae don't makee this into EQ guys..I LEFT EQ for AO, just because I loved the gameplay here. Keep it that way.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Originally posted by Chartan
    The thing is, you wont get Cz to comment a thing like this, its hard when it is so negative and true.

The problem is, the ARK Event team is not allowed to do any of the story events, not write them, not do them. And the FC event team havent done anything publicly in a very long while, does it even exist anymore I wonder?

Its too bad, cause they did do some good stuff now and then. I remember when Philip Ross visited a meeting, when the Dust Busters crashed a leader meeting and killed several guild leaders, when the next leader meeting they sent Omni-Pol guards to protect us from another raid. When GM Ilmo revealed himself as an Omni-Tek traitor leading a group from my guild (Ancestors of Atlantean) into a Dust Brigade trap that killed them all. Small events like that surely made some of my best days on Rubi-ka.
    But somehow it all stopped...
    I don't expect Cz or any of FunCom's dev team to lay a comment on this thread. I'd be really interested in seeing it if they ever did, but I'm not holding my breath. All I want is for them to realize what they've done to the game and them simply saying "Comments noted Naraya" would be admirable.

Event team? Do they still have one or did they get laid off? Even such, in-game events run by game masters...blah. If the game had a foundation to facilitate an evolving storyline that was tied interactively to the game where what the players did simply becomes the story, maybe it wouldn't be so boring.

Fc needs to look at two issues;

Items. (The whole idea behind aquiring items is kinda far out.)

Story. (Wich one? The one FC writes about on their homepage? Or the story that the paying customers of Funcom play along?)

And you are right. CZ or Cosmik would never EVER post reply to this. Or.. Never one with a answer to your calls.
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

Another big problem that AO suffers from is the way missions reward us with items. By allowing us to mission for items, the load generated on the server from all the item farmers using clicksaver causes a bunch of the lag. The concept is flawed and the implementation has negative effects on game play.

You could easily solve this by doing two things:
    1. Make a majority of the items (up to QL 200) easily available in the shops and remove the item reward from missions and objectives. This would drop the need for clicksaver altogether.

2. Allow us to specify which zone to generate the mission in. By doing so people could get the mission they want the first time around, thus eliminating much of the server load generated by repeated clicking of the "request mission" button.

Lag is bad, treat it as such.

Originally posted by Naraya
    Another big problem that AO suffers from is the way missions reward us with items. By allowing us to mission for items, the load generated on the server from all the item farmers using clicksaver causes a bunch of the lag. The concept is flawed and the implementation has negative effects on game play.
    Supporting evidence, please. Nice thesis, but you've got nothing to back it up.

You could easily solve this by doing two things:
    1. Make a majority of the items (up to QL 200) easily available in the shops and remove the item reward from missions and objectives. This would drop the need for clicksaver altogether.
    Depends on how much the items would cost. For example, I'd definitely use Clicksaver to get NCUs if QL200s costed 500k each.

2. Allow us to specify which zone to generate the mission in. By doing so people could get the mission they want the first time around, thus eliminating much of the server load generated by repeated clicking of the "request mission" button.

Lag is bad, treat it as such.
    Subject to the current restrictions, you should be able to get missions to a specific zone. But who knows, maybe it would take too much effort to implement. Maybe Funcom prefers to deal with the (possibly slight, possibly major) increase in server load from Clicksaver.)

P.S. Not *that* many people use clicksaver at any one time, you know. There are maybe 10 people clustered around the terms in Ent and NLC at peak US times...I'd estimate that at most 200 people on RK1 are ever using the terms.

Originally posted by Oncidium
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uuuhhh...what do you mean there Oncidium?
    Good question. What the hell did i say lol

Oh oh i think i know. I was saying if you cant think up your own quest dont take em from Everquest. I think.. =P lol my god

lol why do people dig up 4 month old threads?
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

lol why do people dig up 4 month old threads?
    you know... brain lag..
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast