Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas for 14.6?

Talking nano programming

Maybe Nano programming skill has some affects to recharge time.
    Izgimmer little nuke is a great nuke but slow recharge time.
    Add few more seconds to Nulity Sphere I and II
    Nulity won't root the caster so caster can move freely while nulity running.
    Where the heck Jobe Cloak.......I thought its gonna be in 14.5 patch (I heard its not included). If FC included in 14.6 please make it rarest stuff (like GA and NS) and add some more to the max health or AC it modifies. Some great nano are easy to get now. It get so boring.....like Gnat's wing, Izgimmer mockery, little nuke, last word (so so great nano, not) i think are supposed to be rare nanos.
    Add more secret stuff.....secret door behind camelot library for profesion quest, secret book making great nanos in the library, hehehe im dreaming.

Here's an idea... Fix NT's!
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Cool Jobe cloak

forgot something to add please add nanite resistant to the jobe cloak....thanks

a newbie shop. or better weapons

I havent played long but i would like to buy all basic weapons at the shop in newbieland.

I am only around level 10, and have yet to find a 1hb right hand weapon, and this is after looking for missions over and over again.

I think there should be more availability to low level weapons say levels 1-25 or some such thing ... this is just what id like to see. (and cheaper to how can someone my level aford a 60,000 weapon when i dont even have close to 6,000

-BBI's init

-Lighting inside Miir needs to be fixed

-I remember reading that the ability to add a character background to your toons profile was being worked on- that'd be sweet in 14.6

And now, because why not... I will wander into big things.

-apartment improvements

-new emotes

-guild housing

-profession houses (the Meta Physicist Monastery, the Enforcer's Union Headquarters, etc.)
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

FIX. THE. BUGS. !!!

Please, Please, Funcom, fix the bugs that have been in this game since release.

Over a year and 4 months since I started playing and STILL dealing with the same bugs.

Elka

- That "getting-out-of-Yalm-and-being-6-inches-tall" bug is really annoying, and has been there FOREVER. It destroys the immersiveness even more than miniature cars do in the first place.

- Correct weapon inits

- More complete item cycling in stores. For all the armor types that are supposed to be available in stores, make it so that EVERY PIECE of the armor will be in the item cycle, not just the helmet and the gloves, for instance.

- Kamikaze bots would be great but I know it'll never happen

- You know when you open a chest and get blinded, and your avatar gets that black cloud around his head, indicating that you're blind? Well, I'd like to see that effect on the Engie's Blind Auras. Just as a bit of a confidence booster that the nano is actually working
    Last edited by Drusillus; Sep 23rd, 2002 at 17:33:53.
    Drusillus
    Band of Brothers

Level 143 Omni-Tek Chief Engineer

Curator of the Rubi-Ka Encyclopaedia of Armor

Next patch: more story

Members of my guild are attempting to establish contact with the Sol Banking Corp. Sol is indeed hesitant to step into the conflict at this time, but under the provisions of intergalactic law, may be able to ship us to supplies. These supplies are in the "food and medicine" catagory...

here's what they are proposing they can bring in:

Sol Med Suits - simular to Omni med, but a bit better. Under the regulations, these can be clan or neutral only, and not modifiable. Rumour also has it that Omni Med is concerned about their suits being used for Clanner purposes and have started to examine ways to restrict their use.

Sol Emergancy rations - they raise all base abilities by 1 for 1 hour. Used in times of trouble these foodkits have been used in many quick emergency situations. Due to the Non-Recruitment policies of Sol, these rations are rendered useless if handled by an omni employee in an attempt to deter defections.

Sol Famine Rations - in times of cropfailure and plague Famine rations have saved many towns and planets from disaster. They are a longer acting version of the Emergency rations, but require an NCU to stay active for their 10 hour effect. Again, Omni's are restricted from this item.

Sol Shelter Tents - Originally used in pre terraformed areas, and reinforced for harsh environments, this tent uses nano armour membrains to provide a relativly safe place to hide if being persued. Made to handle a single member or two small children, it is recommended each person have one of these up their sleeve if danger comes too close. Available in multiple qualities.

Sol LavaWalkers - Emergency gear for ships essential that might ditch on a firery planet. These boots extend a weak heat damage shield over the users body enabling them to survive longer in a hot environement.

Sol Disaster lamps - This spear like light extends quickly to act as a marker and general area lamp. It appears on all friendly scanners to attract emergency personelle to the person in distress. The nanobots that power this device consume it for power, it only lasts 20 minutes.

Sol Area Shields - This probably wont come to rubi ka as its obvious conflict potential. Nontheless they were allowed on other president setting situations during times of civil war.

Sol Insta Bank. - the first product developed for Rubi Ka. The insta bank connects in to the bank mainfraim and transfers one object to or from the bank. The power drain is enormous, and the device is consumed after use. Sol sees scanning and an Insta bank the easiest way to support heavy danger missions.

Sol Teddy Bears - Designed to protect orphans, these childrens toys have basic scanners, and raise sence and perception by 2. They are designed for children to try and make due until the rescue craft arrive. Enhanced versions have some shielding potential.

Sol Eternal Fuel Cell - A useful source of power for low level survival equipment. Although every precaution has been made against its use in combat situations, some hackers are very tricky. (this is a tradeskill item)

Bundle of cheep wires - Comes with many connectors to all battery types. (this is a tradeskill item)

Sol Energy Amplifier (this combines the Sol eternal Fuel cell and bundle of wires to add +5 damage to energy weapons)

Sol Emergency Binoculars. This hud item extends the perception and Sence of the user by 4.

Sol Solar Powered Radio. (useless item)

Sol Propoganda Kit.

--------------------------------------------
    These are just some ideas i had about the story. They might add some fun, and story possibilites.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Bionitrous wrote on the floor with deep fried twinkies
    - Less emphasis on 'leveling' and more on character development
    Uh, in this game the only character development availiable is through levels. Could you be a bit more specific?

- A shift towards 'realism' in the world and it's mechanics and less on pitting the developers against the players.
    Specifics, again, please. I'm curious what you're asking for.

- More parts of the world that players can 'own'. Player vendors, shops, guild housing.
    Not just yes, HELL YES.

- Something. Anything to shake up the MP profession post 130. Just one nano that does something new. One nano that's it.
    Don't complain too much. MP's come into their full power very early (due to chaining buffs).
    If Funcom wanted to string out your development and be fair to all the other professions, they'd need to drastically up the requirements on most of your nanos.

- Easing up on the OE rules so we can get back to having some diversity in what our characters can do.
    How is having massively over-equiped gear diversity?
    If you want diversity, give Enf's edged and piercing buffs, add soldier's promised buffs, and make Adv and Fixer weapon buffs non-self only.

- Stop forcing weapon choice down each profession's throats.
    What they really need to do is go through the database and make all the useless weapons viable.
    The strange policy they have of adding new weapons instead of fixing old ones is a major part of the problem.

- A viable alternative to the bracers you took off my wrists. Just something to fill the spot left by the Nerf.
    More wrist and shoulder items in general would be a good idea.
    In fact, this would be a great place to add all sorts of effects to the game.
    Nano-resist bracers?
    Bracers with aura effects? (right click to start or stop)
    NCU bracers?
    Recompiler bracers?
    Hell, add a tradeskill process to take a belt slot item and modify it for wrist wear. As it is, almost no one uses them, as NCU trumps the benefit from the belt slot items. (Limit them to half the effectiveness of actual belt slot items while not changing the comp lit needed.)

- ****e up solo missions a tad to alleviate boredom. Maybe a mini-boss with not henchmen.
    Missions are guaranteed xp (easy to pick a mission where you will never die) and produce an item you want (Clicksaver is not going away, FC should integrate that functionality into the game and go on.)
    They should be slightly boring.
    However, there should be some interesting places where you can solo hunt.

- Make hunting outdoors fun and _rewarding_.
    Amen! Fun is there already at most of the lower level dynacamps. The spawn rate needs to be upped a bit, and there needs to be a way to trigger a boss spawn (perhaps either by clearing camp, or by letting it reach a certain population). Xp needs to be increased. 20K a kill for reds, even relatively easy reds (as long as they were single pulled, we were fine) at level 103, is too low.
    The high end definately sounds like it needs tuning. Either hand out nano-resist debuffs or lower the nano-resist on the big boys.

- Give the Crat back his Crowd Control and stop treating him like an office whore.
    Whoa, tone down on the hostility a bit. I think they have to know that the nano-resist needs tuning on the high end camps. Give them some time to fix it before *****ing.

- Give the Engineer some gizmos they can build. Put the damn Kamikaze bots in and add some limited duration jet packs and some exoskeletons they can build. Engineers can make all kinds of things that aren't fuggin robots.
    I'd say give them more bots. Give them ranged bots that you can root/unroot at will (help with missions, if you can pull hostiles to the bot). Let them build buffing bots with new and nifty aura effects, whatever.

As for exoskeletons, add them as new transference nanos. Warbot transference, adding AC and weaponskill buff of some sort.

- Throw a bone to the other hurting professions. Enforcer, Soldier, and maybe NT.
    NT: Yes.
    Soldier: Yes.
    Enforcer: What exactly are you smoking and where can I get some?

All enforcers need is their promised edge/piercing/melee energy buffs. (Add them to the brutal thug line already!) Otherwise, they are one of the least broken professions out there. (Well, single target taunts are broken, but that's a nano design issue, not an enforcer issue.)
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Character development was originally by 'leveling' to earn IP. What you did with those IP determined how your character would present itself to the game engine.

Leveling was nothing more than a means towards earning IP. Nothing more, nothing less.

Now your level determines which nanos you can execute, what armor you can wear, what rings are on your finger.

I gotta stop typing, this pisses me off so much.

In short, AO is a bunch of cookie cutter characters who must use whatever weapons the developers determine is 'proper' for them and wear the armor that is deemed 'suitable'. It's just disgraceful that they once had players trying all kinds of different things and being semi-successful. Now because those who went 'mainstream' were 'too' successful, the only thing left to do if you don't want to be gimped is to run the same damned 'tried-and-true' Profession/Breed/Weapon/Armor templates. 14.2 brought this in full force. 14.4 reinforced it.

Re: No need for soldier boosts because....

Originally posted by Strycker
    Seriously, I think soldiers do OK in the game (they typically outdamage me as a NT, anyway, with much better defenses and health), but their game experience is boring, and other professions can do such similar things with soldier-type weapons that many soldiers don't see the point of their presence in the game.
    Well soldiers need a lot of work. When a engineer and nt love patches comes then soldiers will be the weakest class in this game. Well NTs have area nukes which they can kill 20-30 enemy mops with only 2-3 casts. Look at the claw camp in pw if you don't belive it. Are NTs weak? I say no. NTs have a higher big nuke. Well ok you need 20sec to cast the nano. But then you do a dmg from 4118 to 8907. This isn't enough to kill? You can root too and as i know is the nano range not capped in pvp or? When they fix the rootbreaking buff you will have much power without getting new love from funcom. Why? Root you enemie - stay out of the range we have with weapons (capped at 40 meters) and cast you Inzgimmers Last Word. In mass pvp you have your area nukes. Well other classes are happy to kill one ppl. With some luck you can killsteal 2 ore more kills. If you say soldiers do ok in this game then I say NTs do ok too. I say NTs do much better atm in this game as soldiers do Well right you pull aggro when you use your nukes in pvm - but better as we soldiers. We shoot like crazy chickens and most time we don't pull any aggro and we are fighters or? lol this is funny.

The last class standing alive in a boss room is the soldier. Why? He cannot pull aggro from the boss.

Exclamation

Prolly already said somewhere before but :

Fix of the Health Bar. Please. Doing F2-6 every 3mn should definitely not be needed.

Fix of the ghost Dmg bug.

Honnestly, those 2 bugs shouldnt be part of a major release (i.e. 14.6.0) . THey should be corrected as a minor release (i.e. 14.5.1). I think those 2 are very important and should be a top priority. I have no idea of the time and resource involved cause i have no idea of your implementation. I do think the problem is serious enough tho, cause waiting more than a year for this, is long...

This is no adding of content, not huge feature to add and i personnaly would be VERY happy of seeing those. Maybe other players too...

Sincerely yours,

Yookii
    (Sorry for the weird english)

NTs need fixing

Originally posted by Whitesand

Well soldiers need a lot of work. When a engineer and nt love patches comes then soldiers will be the weakest class in this game. Well NTs have area nukes which they can kill 20-30 enemy mops with only 2-3 casts. Look at the claw camp in pw if you don't belive it. Are NTs weak? I say no. NTs have a higher big nuke. Well ok you need 20sec to cast the nano. But then you do a dmg from 4118 to 8907. This isn't enough to kill? You can root too and as i know is the nano range not capped in pvp or? When they fix the rootbreaking buff you will have much power without getting new love from funcom. Why? Root you enemie - stay out of the range we have with weapons (capped at 40 meters) and cast you Inzgimmers Last Word. In mass pvp you have your area nukes. Well other classes are happy to kill one ppl. With some luck you can killsteal 2 ore more kills. If you say soldiers do ok in this game then I say NTs do ok too. I say NTs do much better atm in this game as soldiers do Well right you pull aggro when you use your nukes in pvm - but better as we soldiers. We shoot like crazy chickens and most time we don't pull any aggro and we are fighters or? lol this is funny.

The last class standing alive in a boss room is the soldier. Why? He cannot pull aggro from the boss.
    I know soldiers need some love to make them more interesting as I deleted mine out of sheer boredom.
    NTs however, are a lot more in need of outright fixing. The whole profession was planned a certain way from the start and has remained that way even though the game has changed radically.

You talk about range. Witness the range extenders for nano programs and the range increasing nanos the NTs got. Well, casting was nerfed to 40m like all other fighting so they are useless! The NTs best tactic used to be range. NTs have dark blue HP and likewise evades. Rooting only works on melee mobs (and can be broken with the smallest general debuff) so what have you got left? Range. Except you don't have that anymore.

Oh, and area effect nukes were nerfed too. They now have an AE range of 2 maybe 3m. I was testing this in a BY just the other day and even when wading in leets that were close together I could only hit max 3 at the time. AE nukes are only useful for when you are getting swarmed by several melee mobs.

On Izgimmer's Last Word: This nuke is, as far as I've heard, rare. As in, not easy to get. Of course by the time you can actually cast it (1000MC), mobs have lots more HP than that. An example: My level 96 MA was fighting <70 level human mobs in a mission (going for item). It would often go:
    Hit for 1400 Crit!
    Brawl for 1600
    Hit for 300
    <mob is STILL not dead>
    Hit for xxx
    and mob dies.

See? This mob was grey, below level 70 and still had more than 3000HP! And as they get closer to level 100 their HP and AC rise dramatically. This, incidentally, was why MAs used to have such a hard time around level 70. They kept hitting for min dmg due to the high AC of the mobs, and HP on mobs rose sharply too.

Now I'm not saying soldiers don't need some love, far from it. But NTs need it more. They are supposed to be the masters of nano and yet the others beat them hands down in almost every field.
    - NP buff? MPs and traders got it, NTs don’t.
    - Nanoskill buffs? MP got that, NTs got... general buffs.
    - Nukes? MPs, crats and traders got that too.
    - Nanocost reduction nanos? MPs got it too.
    - Calms? Crats do it better (and AE), traders got it and adventurers got some last time.

Just about the only thing the NTs got alone is humidity extractor. Which has huge gaps in the line.

Yeah the damage itself on a nuke isn't bad which is what other people notice usually in a team. What they often don't notice is that NTs usually only get one nuke off before the mob is down. Next time you team with one try to look at how much damage you did put together on a mob and compare it to the one or two nukes the NT managed to get off. The most damaging nukes takes 10-20 seconds to cast and no team want to stand around that long for every kill and THEN try to draw aggro off the NT.

Actually the better the team the worse NT come out damage wise. My MA did a ql 130 team mission when he was about lvl 90 with 3 other MAs and an NT. Often we 4 MAs had the mobs down before the NT had finished casting. He calmed adds very nicely, but after he had to leave we did the rest of the mission with little or no loss in kill speed.

So please, let the NTs get some love.

Gene therapy

Fix NT's!

Then look into the genetic manipulation of the breeds, IE homo nano being really the worse breed to choose atm, low HP dark skills and no real bonuses for being this weak, even the title caps on int or what ever.

In the description says they are tightly attuned with the Nortrum and nano's and dont get any real bonuses, make the genetic gaps much bigger.

Theres lots of posts on the class forums about this, ie NT Atrox's etc.

"Time is but an element that needs to be controlled"
    AO: Alien Invasion - Watch out he's got an Anal Probe!
    So which garden sells my SL Calms?

Time Zone: GMT
    Zertual 164nd NT
    Ensim 143st Druid er I mean Fixer!
    Nerualshot 58th Agent
    Artists Conception of the NT
    OmniTek Twinking Society (OTTS) - We Twink You Better!

Character Development instead of Skills development

Skills are developed through leveling. Skill development is cold, logical, and mechanical.

Character is developed through Gameplay, Roleplay, chatting, and having fun.

If you are seriously in this game to solely enjoy the skills based development, I suggest you might want to consider all the other fun that is out there. I could never play a "dead" game, where there was not a plethora of other people in the game. It would not interest me to talk to simulated characters anymore.

I play because i like to talk to you people, not because item x will allow me to do y. though that is mildly interesting too.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

My post was solely pointed at the numbers game. That is as always secondary to developing 'my guys'.

The key thing was that 'character' development and in 'avatar' development as in 'toon' development as in 'database entry' development was sooooo much more fun when it was more than simply about levelling and 'what' you did mattered in about equal parts to 'how long' you did it.

Guild Housings

My guild is tired of beeing a streetgang. We got the cash for it, now we want a proper base of operations.

What I want :)

I love broad questions like this!

Bugs:
    - Yalm size bug
    - Team live points bug

Social moves:
    - I want to be able to lie down.

Mission changes:
    - Anything that will make them less repetitive, boring, and predictable.

Apartments:
    - Allow various layouts with furniture built in.
    - Allow for key duplication and changing the lock.
    - Raise 10 item limit.
    - A dimmer switch for the light.

User interface:
    - Provide a setting a player can toggle that changes whether dropped items can be picked up by other players. This is the single most stupid change Funcom made in any patch (okay maybe thats an overstatement, there have been many). And I hate changes that defy real world logic. If I drop something on the ground and walk away, why would someone else not be able to pick it up?
    - Changes to targetting with TAB: don't include team members and their pets in the TAB list.

Social clothing:
    - Remove social armor restrictions for social 'armor' which is not 'armor' .. duh.
    - Add more dresses and long skirts.
    - G-string in colors other than white, specifically black and red.

Am I asking for too much?

- Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Re: Guild Housings

Originally posted by Liet
    My guild is tired of beeing a streetgang. We got the cash for it, now we want a proper base of operations.
    Oh yeah! Guild housing is a must but I'm hoping beyond hope that towers in the booster will allow options for guild housing. This important issue should not be forgotten.

And my suggestion for Liet is to pick a public area. Our guild house is The Cup.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Re: Re: Guild Housings

Originally posted by Szentasha
    Oh yeah! Guild housing is a must but I'm hoping beyond hope that towers in the booster will allow options for guild housing. This important issue should not be forgotten.

And my suggestion for Liet is to pick a public area. Our guild house is The Cup.
    I thought it was Backyard 4...

City backyards make good meeting spots and temporary guildhouses.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12