Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Update: Plans and Progress!

Aye, 100% everything is just game of trumping, and thats lame.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Sounds like they have the same randomness factor that they use when opening chests. If my B&E is close to that needed to open a chest, I'll probably open it on the 1st or 2nd try, if my skill is lower, it may take 10 or 20 tries to open it...or never if the differential is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    The problem is that it's not that easy to gauge, now perform that check a 100 times and it might be more a telling test. A one for one test isn't going to show out anything that we can rely on. It is perfectly possible you might have succeeded without the buff the second time it was tried as well. (random number generators are annoying like that when it comes to testing checks that have inherent chances of success and failure ) The early feedback from test suggests that the players playing there have seen a change, but its also early tests there as well.

That said it might be checking it somewhere else hiding away in the code, and that is exactly why we wanted to test further before releasing it to live. It might be that checking the unbuffed against the buffed values doesn't end up changing much given people's set-ups and stats but we want to be sure
    Having concealed and seen people countless thousands of times I can quite clearly confirm you are wrong.

The only possible possible situation where this may come into effect is if you sneak while outside of visual range, and then move into visual range.

But even then, concealment and perception buffs do seem to have an impact.
    I am the baron.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaron View Post
    Having concealed and seen people countless thousands of times I can quite clearly confirm you are wrong.

The only possible possible situation where this may come into effect is if you sneak while outside of visual range, and then move into visual range.

I agree.
    Think this is more to do with someone moving in someones range checking conceal/perception.

this week is also gonna fix the exploit involving a certain ring and shoulder items?

Just because I'm the nosy type and am interested in how systems work, will the 17.9 update include "foundation" type stuff we're not going to notice that will let the 18.0 graphics engine be applied easier?
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaron View Post

Frankly when someone with access to the actual code, who is responsible for the game, and fixing bugs, tells you something, you get bet that he's more likely to be right than you.
    Hardboy 211/16 NT
    Nobodyfalse 220/21 Enf
    Nelson 174/12 Agent
    Doctor 174/15 Doctor (suprisingly)
    Nobblet 150/14 Soldier.

Thegoodcop

except that I have had the same perception score since i've been 220, and my shade friend has had the same conceal score until she did the DB quest.

pre-DB quest's conceal buff i ALWAYS saw her, post conceal buff i NEVER see her. its safe to say she has hit conceal more than once in each of these scenarios.

if she is in conceal when i enter a zone however, she is ALWAYS stealthed even before the buff was created. and if there is a randomness to this check, its not noticeable, I see the same people(from my own faction at least) on BS pretending to stealth every time, and i can't see the ones with high conceal ever.

most boring video ever:
    Test Video

stats:
    my perception base skill 1174
    my perception without stare: 1384
    my perception with stare: 1984

shade conceal base skill: 1388
    shade conceal w/o buff : 1734
    shade conceal with buff: 2234

exact results i posted in my first post in this thread were reproduced the first time during filming
    Last edited by Kiggity; May 6th, 2008 at 03:39:13. Reason: SO THERE

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Frankly when someone with access to the actual code, who is responsible for the game, and fixing bugs, tells you something, you get bet that he's more likely to be right than you.
    One would hope so, yes.

But unless he isn't very good at explaining what he means, he does seem more than a bit wrong. It happened to me to forget to cast Ruse when I was doing TL5 BS and only realized it after a fixer saw me in sneak. Of course that buffed he never saw me (and yes, I didn't do a 100-tries test, but I did meet that guy a lot there).

Sillirion - Why don't you guys contact the original devs? It's not the first time that this "we were looking through the dark corners of the code" comes up. It's obvious you don't know exactly how or even why some things work the way they do, better ask them ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by landdog View Post

Sillirion - Why don't you guys contact the original devs?
    Because those devs are currently unavailable as the 3rd circle of hell doesn't have very good phone service
    220Solja/213Engi/174Fixer/210Ady/165nt/150Advy/150MA/146Keeper+a lot of lowbies.

"You two will get on like a house on fire" ever been in a burning house?

"All your dreams will come true" remember some of your dreams do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Moldark View Post
    Because those devs are currently unavailable as the 3rd circle of hell doesn't have very good phone service
    THIS X666!!! there's a reason FC said GTFO!
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

*dials 1800olddev*

[Sil]: Hey this craig from Funcom, Anarchy Online Division, could you please connect me to the dev who did the conceal/percept code in the SL release of the game, thank you in advance!

[Sil]: Oh and yeah, reverse charges please - cant let upper management hear bout this

[Operator]: Sure, connecting you now..

Phone dials, international tone -

[Receptionist]: Hello and welcome to Master's Palace in Zaire, how can i be of assistance?

[Sil]: *sigh* Hi my names Craig and im the GD at FC for AO

[Receptionist]: GD, FC, Ao?? Sorry please explain

[Sil]: Ok, my name is craig and im from Funcom, Anarchy Online division. Im after the dev who did our conceal vs perception code! Please transfer me asap *stern tone*

[Receptionist]: Oh, wait a minute please *holds hand across speaker of handpiece* It's a call for The Wolf, what am to do, he warned me about this..* *Panics*

[Receptionist]: Hello Craig, Transferring you now..

[Sil]: *a little timid and anxious* Great, thank yo *is cut off*

Ring Ring, Ring Ring..

[The Wolf]: Erm, Hullo thar?

[Sil]: Hey Wolf, it's Sil from FC, GD of AO! Who you been man..

[The Wolf]: Not bad, cant complain when laying on the beach sippin burbon and cokes, while having my heard of women pick up pencils i keep dropping on the floor for me.

[Sil]: Oh right, the reason for my call is that we found some abnormalities in the code you worked on leading up to SL, the perc vs conceal checks etc..

[The Wolf]: Wasnt me..

[Sil]: Well you did play a

Sil is rudely interupted

[The Wolf]: WASNT ME MAN, GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD

[Sil]: Riight, we got the logs man..

[The Wolf]: Screen shot or it didnt happen!

[Sil]: Better yet, i have it frapsed buddy jim! You Tubing it now pal.

Marius's voice can be heard in background.. "Wtf is going on wolf? you talkin to the enemy again?

[The Wolf]: I DONT know what your talking about or referring to, i must go ..*Marius snaps the phone from The Wolf

[Marius]: This is Marius here, please announce yourself..

[Sil]: Hey Mar, it's Sil, hows it hanging

[Marius]: To the left with a slight twist, what do you want with The Wolf?

A rather perplexed Sil gathers some composure and responds..

[Sil]: Im just after some info on the perc vs conceal code..we found some iregularities.. and erm *is cut off by Marius*

[Marius]: I cannot elaborate any further than we have already done, you will need to speak to Hamburg..

*Hangs up on Sil*

[Sil]: We got a problem Metaing, Code 4 Yellow alert - have the Forums monitored and i will face the press in 30mins.. i can only imagine the nt whines now..

[Metaing]: *Oh Noes, forams time*

[Sil]: yer..
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

1) Thanks for the update.
    2) Another server down/update in clan beast week.
    3) Im guessing that it will also be in primetime gaming time for anyone in the Sth Hemisphere.

For 2) and 3), could we maybe share the love around once and a while please?
    Gurudee : 220/20 Doc - General of Pantheon. Eater of Waffulz.
    Cannon "Madblasta" Fodder : 220/24 Soldier - Pewpewpew!
    Ughh "Madmongo" Breakstuffs : 220/20 Enf - GOMANGO!
    Madvocate : 150/15 Crat - In your toolshed. Charming your daughter.

Thanks for the update Sil. Good communication between devs and players is always appreciated
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi View Post
    <snip>
    Excellent.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Everything is random in the game. 100%s would be boring.
    I'd like to randomly evade SnD sometimes :-(
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

I'm realy looking forward to lowereing ts reqs on infused db pistol so i can reequip my ts engie and get him back on track without sense of being leecher, can you squeeza that little thingie in too in this one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    So there you have it, that's the current game-plan and we will of course keep you updated with any further developments!
    So when are the shade improvements or the ai 30 reward inc!?!
    Master #1 "Stabbah" Shadeh
    220/30/70 Atrox Shade
    #1 Vindicator Trox Shade!
    Stabbah looted Kyr'Ozch Invasion Plan from Remains of Artillery Commander.

If you can tab 'em, gank 'em!

Bad time to go digging into dark and musty corners of the Code, especially with AoC beta and incresed need for devs.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Wtb Extreme Low-Light Targeting Scopes back into the game and be lootable from some mobs/dynas or whateva.

Plx!
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast