Thread: Updated Brock Quest Spoiler

Updated Brock Quest Spoiler

** edit: better guide here

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/a...b=5&o=0&fpart=

In an effort to reduce the uncertainty and wait time while interacting with High Commander Brock I have compiled the following spoiler. I did it myself and used screenshots so it is accurate.

To obtain the Quest for the First Ring
    See High Commander Brock outside the West Gate of Tir and
    say:"Hello"
    High Commander Brock: And a fine day to you. Move on please.
    say:"Nice Ring"
    High Commander Brock turns to you for a moment and you feel his piercing look measuring you, weighing you abilities and counting your marks of battle.
    High Commander Brock: This ring denominates the defenders of Tir. You show all the qualities needed to become worthy of the ring of Tir. Have you got one of these rings already?
    say: " I dont have a ring "
    High Commander Brock: In that case you will have to go and gather some OT Grunt dog-tags, you usually find them on amateurs and fresh ones.
    Fill this bag and bring it back to me, I will reward you with the First ring of Tir.
    <He gives you a bag in which you place the Grunt dog-tags you gather, you need 10>
    <You get a new mission >
    <Kill Amateur and Fresh OT for the dog-tags and shift+right click into the bag.>
    <Take the Full Bag of Grunt dog-tags back to Brock and trade them to him.>
    (Right click to open the trade window, put them in and accept)
    You will receive the First ring. You can begin the second now.

To obtain the Quest for the Second Ring:
    **Shortcut: at this point you can just right click the ring on him like using a lockpick **
    The first part is a repetition of the first quest until he asks:
    Have you got one of these rings already?
    say: "I have a ring"
    High Commander Brock: Show me the one you have then.
    <Pick up ring #1 and right click it on him like using a lockpick>
    ** The shortcut will take you to here **
    High Commander Brock: So, you already got the first ring! Well done.
    If you are interested I can instruct you on how to get the second ring.
    say:"I am interested"
    High Commander Brock: To get the Second ring of Tir you need to be able to hunt down OT Rookies. Would you say you are ready to kill Rookies?
    say:"I will kill Rookies"
    <He gives you a bag for the Rookie dog-tags>
    <You got a new mission>
    High Commander Brock: That's the spirit!
    Go then and fill this bag with Rookie dog-tags
    Good Luck and see you soon.

Obtaining Ring #2 and the short cut to get mission #3
    Fill the bag with 10 Rookie dog-tags and Trade it to him
    High Commander Brock: Well done traveller and may this second Ring of Tir strengthen and aid you in the struggle for a free Rubi-Ka.
    <Received mission reward: XP3000 Cash 5000
    <You received 3000 XP>
    <You received an item as a quest reward!>
    <Mission accomplished>
    High Commander Brock: If you stay your course and keep being as dedicated to our cause as you have been up to now, I will have another ring for you later.
    **Shortcut: at this point you can just right click the ring on him like using a lockpick **
    High Commander Brock: So, you have already got the second ring! Well done. If you want I can tell you how to get the third ring.
    say:"tell me"
    High Commander Brock: To get the third Ring of Tir you need to be able to hint down Seasoned OT's. Are you ready for a task like that?
    say:"I will hunt seasoned"
    <You got a new mission>
    High Commander Brock: Thats the spirit!
    High Commander Brock: Go then and fill this bag with Regular dog-tags.

By now you should get the hang of it. Good luck!
    Last edited by Kwerk; Sep 20th, 2002 at 21:27:50.

The amateurs and fresh OTs needed for ring #1 are around Tir and GTC. Heading west on the road from Tir are quite a few and there is a small camp north of Tir.

I got my Rookie dog-tags out at Lush Resort in Clon**** and picked up a couple regular dog tags from the Seasoneds while I was there. Just watch out for guards and Slayer-class warbots. The bots don't have a large agroe range but they hit for 700, have a run speed over 800, can jump the wall surrounding Lush Resort and don't get tangled in the trees as you run screaming.

Careful

I was working on the Rookie dog tags in various gray con missions when my Dogtagbag quest item just up and poofed. It may have poofed because I was moving things around in my inventory while combining it, so just be careful =D

So far the easiest way to hunt for rookies would be to have a 30ish lvl char start an average mission and give you the key. I found tons of OT Rookies this way