Thread: Can't join a team, apparently my bot is fighting

Can't join a team, apparently my bot is fighting

OK, so you are in a fight, your bot is fighting one mob another attacks you, you can see you are going to die if you stay, so you leg it outside, or to another zone.

Then comes the bug, you try to join a team. But no, it says that you are in a fight!

This can be sorted by killing another mob, but it is still a pain.

I am guessing this bug only affects pet profs.

I've suffered from that bug before. You're no longer in a fight if you /terminate the bot, though.

But if you rely on buffs to get slayerdroids out, it's a bit of a bummer to have to go through that, if there's no Trader or MP nearby to renew Moch/wrangles.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

The problem is that when the bot follows you into another zone or if you die etc, the bot still is holding agro, which of course means you can't team. So u either terminate ur bot (and all the buffs on it ) or just hang around a while.

As I said before, if you find a nice grey mob, and kill it with your bot, then you are fine.

Being asked to terminate my bot after the time and effort put into getting it (finding and paying an MP) would have been a real pain.

I just hope this gets fixed soon. Engies have a hard enough time getting pets and finding teams.

Yep, I've seen this one before. Sometimes the problem goes away, sometimes it doesn't. Didn't know about the "kill something" workaround.

Thanks for the info.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

This has happened to me far too many times. It's an especially big problem for engineers since we like to get outside buffs for our bots.

Solution: Clear bot aggro upon zoning
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

try /pet behind or /pet wait, zone and get back

kill something? ha

I have a guildmate that had this problem

it doesn't always fix with killing a leet or whatever
    we ended up petitioning it, and it seems that they know, but dont care.

They suggested zoning into the grid sometimes helps.

Well i feel for you engies, as my guild has a few of them.
    "You can't ask someone to erase their past."
    "Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to."
    "The worst thing that can happen in life is to die alone."
    "The pessimist complains about which way the wind blows. The Optimist speaks of brighter days. The Realist adjusts the sail."
    "For every action there is an equal and opposite flavor of cookie."