Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RK1] Freelance: OTAF Affiliates Strike Unionists at 4 Holes

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK1] Freelance: OTAF Affiliates Strike Unionists at 4 Holes

OTAF Affiliates Strike Unionists at 4 Holes
    April 29, 29482 - Roger [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - April 19, 49482

I recently learned through various sources that members of Omni-Tek are not just going to sit idle and not try to regain Omni-Tek property.

At 1800 hours UTC, affiliate members of the Omni-Tek Armed Forces (OTAF) launched a surgical strike against the Unionist forces in 4 Holes today. The main thrust of the attack was the the Unionist Foreman, Unionist Agitator Scarpese and numerous Unionist employees in Argentum. Various members of Omni-Pol, Riders of the Lost Org, Corporate Justice and Omni-Mining (IC) made a daring rapell off the cliffs surrounding Argentum to attack the Unionist Foreman. After quickly dispatching the Foreman, these forces moved on to the Agitator near the swimming pool in Argentum, also slaying numerous Unionist guards. Apparently, however, this attack was a diversion for the real purpose. While these OTAF forces were engaging the Unionists, CWO Gunfytr and his covert team of Pathfinders were able to plant explosive charges on strategic pieces of equipment to disrupt mining operations in 4 Holes.

After moving to the main conveyor belt in Argentum, the OTAF forces killed a number of Unionist guards. It was at this time that one lone Clan personnel showed up to help the Unionists. Unfortunately for him, he was quickly subdued, as the "Remains of Playboyfixer" proved. Shortly after this, the OTAF forces gridded out. as their objectives were met.

At a later time, I was able to interview some of the participants of the raid and get their opinions.

My first interview was with "Keanne", Director of the affiliate organization Omni-Mining (IC):

Scoopx: Thank you Director Keanne for this interview.
    Keanne: Of course.
    Scoopx: I understand you are a busy woman... so I'll try to take up just a little of your time... I only have a few questions.
    Keanne: Alright
    Scoopx: I understand you were in a position to observe the OTAF Raid today on 4 Holes?
    Keanne: You do?
    Scoopx: Well.... I do have some sources....
    Keanne: Of course.
    Scoopx: Might I ask your opinion on the Raid.... was it successful?... are you satisfied with the outcome?
    Keanne: <smiles>
    Keanne: Omni-Tek Armed Forces only conducts successful operations.
    Scoopx: I see..... <frowns>
    Keanne: What is it?
    Scoopx: Then, what is your feeling on the occupation of Unionist forces in Argentum and the lack of Omni-Tek response?
    Scoopx: Sources tell me that getting the 4 Holes mines back, are not a top priority?
    Keanne: Large-scale projects often take longer time than smaller ones.
    Scoopx: I see... then as an affiliate member of Omni-Mining, your organization is not concerned with the loss of Notum Production at 4 Holes?
    Keanne: The demand and quotas are being met. Of course, setbacks, such as alien threat, have an effect on the price of notum on galactic market.
    Scoopx: True... do you think the loss of production for the Unionists will affect them in any way?
    Keanne: The price of notum on galactic market?
    Scoopx: I meant their standing in the CoT...as they are one of the major suppliers of funds to the Clans.... with their notum output.....
    Keanne: I'm not an expert on terrorism really.
    Scoopx: I see... one last question before you leave.... Is it true that you are involved with Director Rhees and he facilitated your rise to Directorship within (IC)?
    Keanne: Unfortunately I cannot comment on personal level.
    Scoopx: Certainly. Well, thank you for your time.
    Keanne: I hope I was able to provide the information you sought.
    Keanne: <smiles>
    Scoopx: yes... thank you...

As you can see, Director Keanne answered with typical bureaucrat-ese, refusing to make a direct, committed comment. However, others weren't so hesitant. I was able to talk to a few others from the raid.

General Soifon "Themajor" Saito of Omni-Pol had this to say:

Themajor: I believe we gave a strong signal today. Every Omni-Tek employee can make a difference in furthering the goals of the corporation. In an unparalleled joint venture, a handful of dedicated members from various departments did significant damage to a clan-held facility that many thought was given up on. Sabotage and guerrilla tactics may not have been what Omni-Tek has been known for in the past. It is, however, true that the way in which this war has evolved calls for a different approach. If we can't nuke the north, we will take it back bit by bit, mine by mine.

Justhateme "Sneki" Getmefamous from Riders of the Lost Org said:

Sneki: Hey, wasn't problem.. Just glad to have been a help... Anytime I can stick it to the Clans, I'm happy... I just sorry so few Clanners showed up to defend their property... PBF was such a wimp!

Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich, also from Riders had this to say:

Nadab: Bottom line... its all about profit, supply and demand... The more we disrupt the Clans profit margin, the better benefits and profits for Omni-Tek. OTAF has higher priorities at the moment on Rubi-Ka, so it's up to us affiliate Organizations to show the parent corporation that we can handle the small stuff. Eventually, we will get 4 Holes back.....

So, there you have it my friends. Is this the start of new Omni-Tek front? Will Omni-Tek turn to sabotage and guerrilla tactics to meet their Notum Production? Only time will tell!

And now you know!

Roger "Scoopx" Johnson

Fear us Unionists..... we will strike again!
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

await a reply from unexpected corners...
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Oh you guys wanted a fight?
    Point Blank

Quite impresive, especially considering Unionists were able to take over 4 holes without major damage to equipment. But nice terrorist action non the less, Dust Brigade tought you well.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    "Remains of Playboyfixer"
    I really do hope someone got some holo images of that? Am sure there are many a billboard across the planet a few folk would love to see it posted on

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    So, there you have it my friends. Is this the start of new Omni-Tek front? Will Omni-Tek turn to sabotage and guerrilla tactics to meet their Notum Production? Only time will tell!
    Anyhow, on a more serious note...Omni-Tek guerrillas...hmm, well you know, TheGenerator does kind of look like one in some lights, am sure TheMajor can vouch for that. But as for Omni-Teks other monkey business, am sure that something will swing out into the truth soon, or someone will slip up on one of Pol's bannana's and spill the coconuts of the real truth as to why they need to resort to monkeying around like this when they have such a more ape than anyone can handle.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

you mean Omni-Tek Gorillas

as for the terrorist action,i thought Keanne said they're not into terrorism...
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    you mean Omni-Tek Gorillas
    as for the terrorist action,i thought Keanne said they're not into terrorism...
    They probably don't class it as terrorism...it was more they went a bit ape and had to swing into effect
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Freedom fighter verse terrorist.
    Law and order verse oppression.

All depends on who's telling the story.
    Point Blank

((Timing on this was great, btw... considering OTAF on RK2 was doing the same thing at about the same time.))
    Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang ((Rimor))
    Roleplaying Profile of Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang
    The story continues: "Live by the Sword..."

I have to congratulate OTAF Affiliates for the successful raid against the clan infested 4 Holes. Too bad that there weren't more forces used in the attack... Who knows, maybe OT could have retaken the mine...

P.S. Too bad that rebel, Playboyfixer couldn't be captured... I could have had an interesting exp... um... conversation with him...
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

you can't have it all besides, i never got a valentine card even from you and you're already wanting to skip foreplay

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    await a reply from unexpected corners...
    well about that unexpected...The so called Red Freedom and in particularly Miss Portman, freed our friend Retoolkit from Omni pawns. But Since none is allowed to know where they keep him I can only assume it's because they need his knowledge to make some sort of device to reply from those "unexpected" corners.

And ofcourse clan will say i have a very vivid imagination about this and probably even some omnies. But think about it, Clan never helped us neutrals before, calling us just meatshields and fence sitters and even omni lapdogs....And now all of a sudden they help us cause they are so nice and keep Retoolkits hideout secret cause they fear that his life could be in danger if some of us would know?

so now you know what you can most likely expect from the unexpected!

i told you Tuxcedo... keep off those halucinating herbs... you speak of events no news office has hinted to even, no one knows what you're talking about

about time someone tells them what you and that portman are cooking up there in Tir.

i'm not even in tir... i haven't been in tir in... over a week

I never said Tir or this last week...

u said we're cooking up something in Tir... as far as i know the cooking stoves in happy rebel don't work even

well you were there during and after the Council of truth meeting and so was Portman, the always ever so nice and friendly Silverstone and Tristam. Say what you like but I know you and her were there and i've heared you and that portman, who has btw a very bad taste for clothing if I may add, Talk about this shuny device right after you captured Retoolkit.

And of course since they were in the same room they *must* be up to no good right?
    pfft. Omni deduction skills at their finest.
    Point Blank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast