Thread: Instruction disc nerf??(post 14.5)

Instruction disc nerf??(post 14.5)

Okay i noticed today you cannot use carbonrich rock lower ql then the Id anymore. I am pretty sure before you could use lower ql rock.

Cause i remember like a week ago i made a ILW for someone with a rock about ql190 and i tried this morning and it said i needed a rock of atleast ql212. Like ql200 isn't good enoug and with the freaking insane requirements on the rocks there is no way in hell i will be able to make a ql212 nano until i am level200 myself.

Anyone else know anything about this?

then again maybe you always needed a ql212+ rock and i was halucinating when i made a couple last week with rocks under ql200.
    Last edited by Intrepid; Sep 19th, 2002 at 13:28:02.

This is not a nerf, to the best of my knowledge. It's been like this for as long as I have been making nanocrystals - you need a prepared program crystal at least the same QL as the disk, or better.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

rock has always had to be equal or greater in QL then the ID.

Lowest QL I rock I manged to use was 1 level below the program at around the 160 program range.

well how the hell did i make some of those the other week then cause my skills aren't good enough. Musta been a miracle :P

The rock has always req to be equal or higher than the crystal. However, the ql of the program crystal is sometimes higher than the original rock b/c of your skills.
    -People are so negative. When you buy AO, the money u paid is for the bugs and lag. The game just come with it.

what this before or after the Maintaince day. as I was able to Equip level 27 armor at lv 20 with no OE. also my axes was doing Full damage. that NEVER happens

Ive always had to use same ql or higher to make a disc.
    So thats nothing new im sure... :P
    President of Total Chaos
    ~ Nikita "Vikie" Destiny ~

Home of Total Chaos

My Small Army on Rubi-Ka 2
    Vikie Agent | Nanojaq NT | Phaz Fixer | Jaqulinne MA | Vikineer Engie | Vikita Crat | Vikiz Trader

- On your world, one plus one equals two. In our universe, one plus one equals one -

Originally posted by Hajkster
    Vikie seems to be one of the only intelligent people in this thread...

I'm at work now so I can't check it, but if I rememer correctly the ql increases as you process a rock, so a ql 120 rock could end up ql 125 Crystal shell (don't know the exact values as I am at work and can't check it right now)

If a rock increases in QL as you process it to a program crystal, I think that's a function of the QL of the tools. Use QL200 tools, you can get a significant increase of QL.

Sort of the same with bio-communitors and monster parts. A QL1 monster part can soon become QL30 if a QL200 bio-comm is applied upon it.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

OK thanks Kzak, thats good to know. Do you by any chance have the numbers on the improvement if you use better tools?
    Oh, and does this apply to armor and other tradeskills as well?

No, I don't have the numbers.. but I think there is a formula based on the QL of the tools, the QL of the raw material and the skill.

No idea if this applies to other tradeskill processes, as I have no personal experience with building armor.