Thread: ChitChat magazine, edition 23

ChitChat magazine, edition 23

Drunk Omni-Pol officer's cousin insults BoD

Earlier this night, Khuri's cousin Emile "Stanislaw" Cervenak has suggested to the Board of Directors that R.U.R. could build an Omni-Land miniature park in Galway, including animatronics and little robots of OT Directors doing Irish Line dancing while giving speeches on OT benefits for citizens.

This most likely made the Board of Directors get crazy ideas, seeing as they often get into the craziest situations like "invading Borealis" and ordering R.U.R. built robots.

Stanislaw also has a wide reputation of being in and out of Reform clinics for his alcoholism problem, and bringing intelligent ideas into omni meetings, thus angering the BoD by pointing them on their lack of intellect.

Will the BoD get intelligence implants mandatory installed? Will the miniature park be built? Are there other omnis with alcoholism problems? Read it all in ChitChat magazines!
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

This is shoking! Once again Chit Chat publishes a story... that actually happened. Is this what the tabloid press has been reduced to, publishing the truth? Have you no shame?

Anyway as it is now out in the public domain, here is an account of what actually was said.

At the recent BoD meeting, Stantislaw submitted this proposal...

[Vicinity] Jacobstroud: The next report will be from Mr. Cervenak of R.U.R. You have the floor.
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: Oh goodie
    [Vicinity] Zeiler: erhem...
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: Ladies and gentlement of the Omni-tek Board of Direcotrs
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: Good thing so many of you are here today
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: Becasue I will need the help of each and everyone of you
    [Vicinity] Pourais: looks over at Stainslaw with a raised eyebrow
    [Vicinity] Tethien: sighs.
    [Vicinity] Wannja: coughs
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: The thought came to me about a fun way to boost morale
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: And obvious answer was "animatronics"
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: Which got me thinking
    [Vicinity] Tethien: raises an eyebrow.
    [Vicinity] Themajor: 's corner of the mouth show the faintest hint of a smirk
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: I would like to propse we build a theme park right near the mini-Galway
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: Call in Omni-Land.. or something
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: And it will contain animatronic versions of all you OTRK directors
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: And you can teach the vistors important lessons on Omni citizneship
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: While performing an Irish line dance
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: While performing an Irish line dance
    [Vicinity] Max: raises an eyebrow
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: The dance is kind of important if we want to draw in the crowds
    [Vicinity] Pourais: blinks
    [Vicinity] Max: glances at Pourais
    [Vicinity] Wannja: coughs
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: You prepare the speeches, I'll record them and build the robots and program the dance routine
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: I will need funding of course
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: So? When can I shecdule you in?
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: gets out his organiser
    [Vicinity] Zeiler: right.... lets start with the basics of your idea
    [Vicinity] Zeiler: lets see...
    [Vicinity] Pourais: Let me get this straight.. you want to build annimations of us and have them dance around ?
    [Vicinity] Zeiler: I don't think so.
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: Irish line dancing. Very dignified
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: Irish line dancing. Very dignified
    [Vicinity] Zeiler: Mister Stroud, who is up next?
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: We are not talking pole dancing
    [Vicinity] Themajor: grunts while trying to suppress her laughter
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: So... like you want to sleep on it?
    [Vicinity] Jacobstroud: If I may, I would like to comment.
    [Vicinity] Jacobstroud: It's true that this idea seems absolutely preposterous, however...
    [Vicinity] Zeiler: And Director Pourais, please see that Mister Cervenak gets an appointment in an alcohol rehabilitation clinic
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: hides his bottle
    [Vicinity] Jacobstroud: ...it is also true that the common citizens love animatronics. And dancing.
    [Vicinity] Lonare: smiles
    [Vicinity] Pourais: nods
    [Vicinity] Jacobstroud: We have been looking for new ways to deliver propaganda to the public, and this idea is so stupid it just might work.
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: Ohi!
    [Vicinity] Max: glances at Jacobstroud for a moment
    [Vicinity] Jacobstroud: I think we need focus groups to take a look at this.
    [Vicinity] Stanislaw: Who you calling "stupid"?
    [Vicinity] Pourais: I will see to his rehabilitation and we can possibly discuss some useful ways R.U.R. can be of more help to the corporation
    [Vicinity] Jacobstroud: Also, committees. Lots of committees and focus groups.
    [Vicinity] Jacobstroud: nods sagely
    [Vicinity] Jacobstroud: I am done. The next comment will be from Ms. Hirano. You have the floor.
    [Vicinity] Aerya: Thank you
    [Vicinity] Aerya: I doubt that making fun of our esteemed leaders is a positive to omni morale... for clam morale it would do wounders.... but that is not good for us...
    [Vicinity] Aerya: So I think that is a bad ideea... Make animatronics with the clan leaders and make them dance> I'd love to see Silverstone dance )... and kick him....
    [Vicinity] Aerya: that is all I wanted to say
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Something truthful from chitchat? So when's the world ending? I want to make sure I'm off planet...

*Reading through the news, her eyes catch the ChitChat headline*
    Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer
    Khuri's cousin Emile "Stanislaw" Cervenak
    ... Odd. Until the moment i read this, i never knew he was related with me. And i doubt he is.
    There's gotta be a dozen people who share my last name, and i am not related with.

*Khuri leans back in her seat, thinking for a moment, then sighs*

Geez, what do i bother? I know who writes these magazines, that says enough...
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

Quote Originally Posted by Khuri View Post
    *Reading through the news, her eyes catch the ChitChat headline*

... Odd. Until the moment i read this, i never knew he was related with me. And i doubt he is.
    There's gotta be a dozen people who share my last name, and i am not related with.

*Khuri leans back in her seat, thinking for a moment, then sighs*

Geez, what do i bother? I know who writes these magazines, that says enough...
    ooc: WOOT! we got Khuri to come back!
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Posted as Stanislaw

Woe is me! How cruel is fate! Just yesterday I learned I had family on Rubi-Ka, and not just any family but an influential Lieutenant of the mighty Omni-Pol.

Today, I am disowned and I return to be a lonely nanomage engineer.

Stanislaw
    Last edited by Dabblez; Apr 15th, 2008 at 19:07:52.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

*Khuri scratches her head, reading Stanislaws comment, then writes a reply on the gridnet*

Dear Mr. Emile Cervenak,

i wonder how you come to think of me being a relative of yours, as i can see no connection right now. However, maybe you'd like to meet for a beer, to tell me your side of the story.

Sincerely,
    Kiyoko Cervenak, Omni-Pol
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be