Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: General Vivyan most powerful mob on RK ???

There is only one buch of ppl that could make this mob bleed. MP's combined with Engies / Crats.

Just image. 100 Slayers, 100 Demons with healpets, 100 Ninjas. Everyone pressing ATTACK at the same time. Recasting Demons / Ninjas / Slayers .. w00t. I think the general would drop fine. Would be something to see tho Kamikaze bots anyone?

ERRR: YOU GOT DISCONNECTED!
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Using pets -is- a good idea... we would be able to make just about anyone bleed. However, the sheer lag would make -us- bleed too.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I think what FunCom missed in designing these new Bosses and the new uber-hp Tarasque is that:

The soultion is NOT to bring UP his HP, but rather take DOWN his HP and make him HIT alot HARDER

5k crits? Sure, why not? That would be DOABLE and RISKY if Tarasque/The Bosses had NORMAL HP. (aka. 10-15 min fights. 20min MAX)

Tarasque still doesn't kill anyone, but the fights take 2 hours (+) with 4 teams. Ridicilous. The General / Etc has even more HP than Tarasque (correct me if I'm wrong, but they still have ****LOADS of HP) -and- crit for 8k. That's overdone in every way.

Cut Tarasques HP in 10, and make him hit -alot- harder!
    Cut the Generals / Etc HP in 10 and let him hit for the same!

I just don't see 100 engies / MP's in the same zone happening. It's not even doable without mass-LD.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Can't speak for engis, but mp pets trans enmity or cacodemon have very poor attack rating. (Enmity much worse then caco.)

For instance, while killing a legchopper clone, I counted the amount of times my cacodemon hit him. 27 times.

Now for those who've killed him, you know just how long that bastard takes to go down. 27 hits in the 15-20 minutes was quite laughable. Since I have self buffed 805 AR, and hit quite a bit more then 27 times, it started me thinking just what is the ar on a pet? Is it really that damn low or was I just very very unlucky. :P I'm inclined to believe a combination of both.

I guess what I'm saying is at least for mps, having a hundred demons won't be much help I'm thinking, if they can't hit. *shrug*

How about rolling teams?

6 teams each with an engi in it.

Engi sits back a way in safety.

First 3 teams attack.

Once the first 3 teams are so much red mush charge with the next 3.

While they are getting smashed any of the original 3 left alive pull back engi's beacon warp people back from the reclaim everyone rebuffs and repeat.

The only problems I can see are lag. People not having long enough to recover from res shock and rebuff and the engi camp getting over run.

My only other thought is how will these personal Towers effect taking down the general? I think they will make a big difference personally. But we will see I suppose.

My few thoughts.
    Active Characters consist of.

Wingto proud to be a member of The Dojo
    Doktaw stunned to be a member of Friends of The Dojo

Inactive Chars consist of

Severena happy to be a member of Friends of The Dojo
    Shackira a proud member of The Sentinals =TDF=
    All on Rimor

I haven't seen this first-hand, but from other engineers' calculations, the top Slayerdroid has 44k HP and an Attack Rating of ca. 650.

Not a lot for a QL200 pet. :/ (Did they make pets' attack skills dark blue? Great... a MA pet, which is what Engineer/MP/Crat pets essentially are, with dark blue skills. Yay.)

6 teams total, Cyberbane?

Ouch. If the General hits for her usual 4.5k normal hits, the three first teams will become meatsauce after 20 seconds. The three last teams, likewise. Excluding soldiers running TMS, then it would be perhaps one minute.

But, warping people back takes 1 minute/person - a little over 2 mins for Team Beacon Warp. Chances are that the General will regenerate before everyone have rezzed/reclaimed.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I was figuring six teams to keep lag at a managable level. But yeah I see what you mean. Trouble is the more teams you have the harder it is to organise.

so you reckon 12 teams might do it. I suppose that is still only 72 people plus at least 24 pets maybe more.

What would the lag be like?

All on Rimor

I don't know what the lag will be like. Depends on if the people are clustered all together in one lump, or spread out in clusters of 10-20, I suppose.. would take the edge off the graphical lag, maybe.

Someone would have to create a comms-channel so orders could be passed down, to coordinate the assault.. for nothing less than that will be required to take out the General and the DB Elites nearby.

I suggest that pets be used - even if they can't really hit the General, they can soak up some of the 10k crits if they get aggro, and the pet-owners can cast new pets as needed, keeping a distance to the General so the pet-owners themselves don't get much aggro.

You would probably need more, a lot more.
    First I'd suggest setting up a base camp out of range
    Basecamp contains low level engineers (compared to the mob) who can do beacon warp.
    A beacon warp team consists of 4 people, 2 engineers and 2 really low levels the main cities of their side who stay near the reclaim where people will start piling up around and who invite people into the team to get warps to base camp.
    If possible situate the basecamp near a fixergrid exit to allow fixers with the fixergrid (team) nano to pour in more people at a time. IIRC you don't need a fixer to exit so you could have a small army waiting there for their turn to leave get buffed up, run to the war and 3 mins later be back from the reclaim in the fixer grid.

This is one of the most important things in the fight. Only have enough people around the general that you can actually do something. That means that most of the people who died or want to have their shot at dying must wait in the cities/grid. The side effect is that it will be an immense logistical operation just to keep enough people flowing from the reclaims to the warzone to prevent the general from regenerating to much.

At basecamp or on the way to the warzone you need NT's to execute range extenders, cost reducers and HE on doctors .
    Doctors and enforcers doing +1934 hp (Superior Omni-Med Enhancement, Essence of Behemoth) on the soldiers, enforcers and adventurers going to the battle.
    Soldiers doing RRF(e) on enforcers and Adventurers going to the battle.
    MP's who mocham up bureaucrats, engineers and who ever asks for buffing.
    Traders who perform +132 wrangles
    Ma's for crit buffing

Reason for only buffing those 3 groups, Soldiers with TMS and increased hp can survive 2 crits, a mongo'd up (atrox) enforcer with RRF(e) can survive at least 1 crit, Adventurers with Kin of Terrasque can survive at least 1 crit. Others don't have the hp's to survive.

Near the battle should be a cadre of doctors (with range extenders, cost reducers and HE) capable of doing instant complete heal on the soldiers that are just in range (and the soldiers just in range of the general) to keep the soldiers alive.

Yes I'm throwing away the enforcers and adventurers they are forming a shield between the general and the soldiers who are in turn forming a shield between the healers and the general.

Meanwhile we got bureaucrats roaming the zone charming mobs to send at the general. MP's using pets to keep non charmed mobs out of the battlezone and away from the supply lines. Engineers who keep sticking their bots on the others mobs inside the battle zone.
    Agents who sneak in for AS attacks.
    Ma's who attack will probably be insta killed but they combination of meatshielding and specials should make this worthwhile.

The whole idea behind this excerise is having a continous stream of people entering the battlezone in a reasonably orderly fashion and to try and have the minimum amount of people in there to lower the lag.
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

Originally posted by Aristaeus
    You would probably need more, a lot more.
    First I'd suggest setting up a base camp out of range
    Basecamp contains low level engineers (compared to the mob) who can do beacon warp.
    A beacon warp team consists of 4 people, 2 engineers and 2 really low levels the main cities of their side who stay near the reclaim where people will start piling up around and who invite people into the team to get warps to base camp.
    If possible situate the basecamp near a fixergrid exit to allow fixers with the fixergrid (team) nano to pour in more people at a time. IIRC you don't need a fixer to exit so you could have a small army waiting there for their turn to leave get buffed up, run to the war and 3 mins later be back from the reclaim in the fixer grid.

This is one of the most important things in the fight. Only have enough people around the general that you can actually do something. That means that most of the people who died or want to have their shot at dying must wait in the cities/grid. The side effect is that it will be an immense logistical operation just to keep enough people flowing from the reclaims to the warzone to prevent the general from regenerating to much.

At basecamp or on the way to the warzone you need NT's to execute range extenders, cost reducers and HE on doctors .
    Doctors and enforcers doing +1934 hp (Superior Omni-Med Enhancement, Essence of Behemoth) on the soldiers, enforcers and adventurers going to the battle.
    Soldiers doing RRF(e) on enforcers and Adventurers going to the battle.
    MP's who mocham up bureaucrats, engineers and who ever asks for buffing.
    Traders who perform +132 wrangles
    Ma's for crit buffing

Reason for only buffing those 3 groups, Soldiers with TMS and increased hp can survive 2 crits, a mongo'd up (atrox) enforcer with RRF(e) can survive at least 1 crit, Adventurers with Kin of Terrasque can survive at least 1 crit. Others don't have the hp's to survive.

Near the battle should be a cadre of doctors (with range extenders, cost reducers and HE) capable of doing instant complete heal on the soldiers that are just in range (and the soldiers just in range of the general) to keep the soldiers alive.

Yes I'm throwing away the enforcers and adventurers they are forming a shield between the general and the soldiers who are in turn forming a shield between the healers and the general.

Meanwhile we got bureaucrats roaming the zone charming mobs to send at the general. MP's using pets to keep non charmed mobs out of the battlezone and away from the supply lines. Engineers who keep sticking their bots on the others mobs inside the battle zone.
    Agents who sneak in for AS attacks.
    Ma's who attack will probably be insta killed but they combination of meatshielding and specials should make this worthwhile.

The whole idea behind this excerise is having a continous stream of people entering the battlezone in a reasonably orderly fashion and to try and have the minimum amount of people in there to lower the lag.
    I think we have a winner now lets orginize it... i want that skirt damnit
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

I think that that would really be a battle worth taking part in.

Sadly I dont think that the chat system is upto handleing an operation like this.

All on Rimor

Thumbs up

Sounds like a plan, Aristaeus.

High-level engineers can remain at a distance, sending their slayerdroids in along with MPs' demons and attack pets. More meatshields, so to speak.

Communication shouldn't be a problem.
    The public channels in perpetual wastelands should basically be dead. No talk over OT OOC or Clan OOC. No shout, say or emote.
    Talking should only be done in team or special groups .

People should be thoroughly briefed on the situation before hand.
    People have to know who to ask for invites to get beacon warped, they should know that they will be kicked the second the warp goes well. And more importantly they should know where the warpteam people are.
    They should know the names of the fixers who know the fixergrid (team) nano and that they should report to normal grid points where people normally exit.

They should be assigned buff groups of which they know 1 person by name and tell that person that they are ready to receive buffs after which the buff team invites said person and hits him/her/it with a prediterment set of buffs.
    *suggested by a friend*
    Add in a grey (between level 90- 100) as team leader and inviter for these groups so that it is easier to get into the right group.

They should know who to tell if monsters are trying to break into the basecamp, the secured corridor or the ring around the battle zone. They should almost never go after the monsters themselves since they are in 99% of the cases needed at the battle to fill in for someone else who died.

The group of soldiers and doctors that I've envisioned to be the main group (due to survivability) should have their tempgroup in which the soldiers execute a marcro the moment they are targetted and the doctors should know the exact sequence in which they need to heal saying in their team that they have done so, so that the next knows it is his/her/its turn to heal.
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

I bet the developers at FC made bets inbetween them on how long it would take the inhabitants of Rubi-Ka to kill that general, and IF they would manage at all.

Yet another attempt at strategy

Perhaps you could create about 10-20 kill teams of people with massive alpha strikes plus one fixer.

Every team runs in hits their alpha and the fixer evacs. Most likely you'd only lose one or two of the team members per killing squad.

Then you fixer grid back to the waiting point, meet up with fillers to replace the dead team member(s) and run back in when your time comes. This would reduce the amount of reclaim and rezz shock waits for kill teams to be able to jump back into battle. Even though Aristeus' plan is sound I don't think there are enough people with the skills his plan needs in game to make it work currently.

Just about everyone above lvl 150 can do decent dmg fairly quickly, and you'd only need about 200 or so people to pull this one off which is possible on RK1.

The only other problem is figuring out what to do if you actually win and only one piece of worthwhile loot drops.

Addendum: Fixer evacs the team after they have alpha'ed, return to a grid terminal - then the fixer can use the Team Fixer Grid nano to return everyone via the Fixer Grid (if they survived, that is) to Perpetual Wastes, hopefully not far from the battle so they can return soon.

Makes for the least downtime, and people have enough pause to recharge their specials.

As for loot... well, I suppose it can be raffled?

Forget trying to kill that General with pets. She will kill each pet in notime while they are dealing NO damage at all.
    We killed a Masked Commando for the fun of it yesterday. The slayerpet hardly ever hit in those 30 minutes...

Now image the same for a lvl 300 boss mob who will have even more evades than those 250 maskeds.
    So long,

Tom Nightwish Callagher; Rk3's first lvl200 pvp/tradeskillzzz Trader eqp - Status Bored *g*
    Shorty Instantkill McPot; lvl 200 Agent Rk3 eqp - One Man Army
    Blossom Powapufgirl Buttercup; lvl 191 Enforcer - Flavour of teh last 4 months. Clones DO suck, but...

Tom Nightwish Demesa; Trader on Rk2

ideas

hmm would be interesting to know if viv hits for 10k no matter what reflect ya have , fire damage was it?

hmm if it's 10k without reflects , what about letting a mp tank?

sounds mad? well prolly is =)

but with their nice shields i think they can get up to 72% fire reflect so that's about 3k hits

only have a lowbie mp but don't nanos like the ini debuff taunt like hell?

a lvl 200mp can have what 7-8k hp?

well still doesn't do anything about Viv's bazillion hp :/

Cohhen

Nightwish, perhaps I misstated... I don't intend to kill the General with pets alone. But pets can distract the good General and perhaps draw some fire while the -real- heavy-hitters alpha away to their hearts' content.

Question.
    This is all very interesting to me, though I am confused. I was i PW yesterday and could not locate the general. All i could find was 'The Generals Right Hand' and 2 Elite Masked Commandos or something of the like. Right hand raped me for around 7k damage. I heard people mumbling it was the strongest mob in the game. Are they the same? Where does The General spawn, and has anyone killed Right Hand?
    Jenslove-165
    Born-July 3rd, 2001

Finally got me a naner suit...

Account Created - 2001-06-28 03:53:22

Jenslove is not, has never been, and will never be Ebayed. So stop harrassing me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast