Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: General Vivyan most powerful mob on RK ???

Originally posted by Ocura
    Still looking through the nano lists...So what youre basically saying the nano resists are too high - cant get through to debuff/slow - kill the mobs.

IF, and only IF the mobs cannot be nano resist debuffed, in order to land proper attack, speed debuffs.. the only thing that comes in mind is: Have 120 ppl attack at ONCE *Sigh..

*wanders off thinking
    Trader debuffs don't actually debuff NPC's and the high level one has a 190% resist rate and since they only last 3 minutes and draw aggro like mad anyway......

~aqua

Originally posted by Nightwish
    a fixer in ga 4 doesnt work even on tarasque... Same for most other higher lvl special mobs...

There are some relect items that might help a lot versus this general. Well first 30 % reflect by soldier, 7 % by bracer and there is another item. Some glove dropped by Nugget which adds 530 fire ac and i think 3 or 4 reflect fire.. (since general does fire dmg.) That would be a whole lot of around 40% reflect..... then maximplant for fire ac, get a trader to chain cast 1k armor boost every 3 minutes and the 720ish engi buff for fire ac... since we need a lost of HP best would be a MA as tank with high evades, hp rings and so on and a mixture of mk2 and dragon armor.. most likely the dragon chest adding 300 hps and 1200 to all acs...

So probably we would end up with a MA char with 1k+ evades, near 7k fire ac. 40% reflect... only with 40% reflect she would crit for 6k which should be doable with ch docs and other healers, since you can do crosshealing (75% zone),,,

I think it is pretty much doable. You just need to set timings when each doc does his CH. If one of em f***s up. All will die in seconds

Don't forget the whistle box (reflect fire), Head Skinchip - Temperature, and new jobe reflect implants (if in game yet)

you'd need to have a setup tailored JUST to fight this mob... a set up that includes implants, armor, etc....

Wow... It be cool to be that guild who can tailor make a group of tanks for the task!

Finally a mob that may actually require tanks to be tanks and support class to be support.

And engies are a must, so that pet can tank if all tanks die and he can warp people back as they reclaim their items.
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Originally posted by Nightwish

I think it is pretty much doable. You just need to set timings when each doc does his CH. If one of em f***s up. All will die in seconds
    That was the same in Evercamp. A couple tries you died, timings and strategy got some tweaks and then it worked.
    Im sure Tarasque wasnt killed in the first try when he popped the very first time and I wonder if the post after the first tries were the same as now.
    (I had "frozen" my account about 2 month after release so I dont know what happened that time)

Shiggee
    Total Chaos
    RK2

All theese strategies you are posting might actually work *if it was possible to hit the bloody thing*. I was at the generals right hand last night. About 40 high level players assembled there to give it a shot. Everyone set loose all their specials, and the mob started killing people off one by one. I estimate that I had time to fire about 50 non special rounds, only 1 of them landed, and that was with 1100 attack rating.

Also, 40 people unloading their specials didn't even move the health bar of the mob.

So get your team of 5 docs and a tank, chain casting CH and what not. It will all be a waste of time.

wow...someone saying engi's are a must.....

/me faints

Originally posted by Demono

.....and new jobe reflect implants (if in game yet)...

the new jobe reflect clusters are shieldAC, not reflectAC :/
    RK1:
    Quindillar 202 Sol
    Chaver 206 MA
    Couladjinn 172 NT
    Quinjr 152 Trader
    Hardforce 150 Enf

Legion

re

Nightwish is very close to correct, but with 800+ evades and maxed fire ac from headchips, ac buffs, and imps my MA was able to take 2 hits from "gen right hand". The Adv idea with KoT mat have hp to stand for a number of hits, but this guy ain't no joke.

If there isn't a game day patch within the week to nerf this guy then he probably ain't meant to be jacked with YET. I say yet because if we weren't supposed to kill him, he'd have a 10,000 pt reflect shield. Give it a week, maybe 2 and some group will be posting whatever he drops.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I am sure in a week.. maybe a few days longer.. someone will have found out how to break the mobs neck. Its probably something we havent thought of yet .. some combination of debuffs and drains whatever.

Rome wasnt built in a day =)
    Hope Ocura Heals
    Healmonkey for Dark Front - Rimor
    Give us /target <name> please !!!

[Frankt]: I'll be any animal you want me to be.. just let me hump your leg !

Seems they're able to warp you should you escape also.
    Probably Untitled "Tantrum"
    Proud Member of Whatever

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    All theese strategies you are posting might actually work *if it was possible to hit the bloody thing*. I was at the generals right hand last night. About 40 high level players assembled there to give it a shot. Everyone set loose all their specials, and the mob started killing people off one by one. I estimate that I had time to fire about 50 non special rounds, only 1 of them landed, and that was with 1100 attack rating.

Also, 40 people unloading their specials didn't even move the health bar of the mob.

So get your team of 5 docs and a tank, chain casting CH and what not. It will all be a waste of time.
    Any evade debuffs? or are they a problem landing? Agents have a projectile debuff

Originally posted by Onisa
    Seems they're able to warp you should you escape also.
    I agree that the warp is a bit overdone... there should at least be a cool down period where the mob can't warp you after a warp...

an enforcer friend of mine and myself got caught in warp loops last night... I felt like a yo-yo

Personally, I like the warp. I think it's one thing to do to actually make a boss harder. Not making it have so much HP it takes days on end to kill them.
    Probably Untitled "Tantrum"
    Proud Member of Whatever

Why not just surround it with NT's with nullity and nuke it into the ground?
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

i believe the mobs were not only hitting thru NT but critting as well through NT
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

blithering drivel filled rant

hey guys
    Lotsa different opinions out there on the patch, most hate it and the rest are excited, me? Im indifferent atm, new challenges are great and are there to be macked on, but ..

In regards to everquest...

It IS thoroughly ludicrous Funcom is taking people who are barely able to kill Nagafen (Tarasque), and giving them things to kill like Lord Seru (Vivyan), before making available the vital balance in classes, progressions in powers, skills, and equipment needed to do so.
    I'd bore everyone, myself included with a discection of just how sick Funcom is biting ideas here, in vein efforts to renew an interest in its sub par product, And how WRONG, lol how comedically wrong theyre going about it. Wont do that though I wont be *****ing. I dont even have a problem with what theyre doing, I just wanted to touch on a few things in the thread.

talk of strategy, hehe. (I think the first talk towards the topic, somewhere in the thread was with something about ch chains, and that reminded me of the avatar of war somehow, and that in turn, reminded me of this...)
    ..Theres strategy, but not room for too much strategy involved for these types of encounters in ao, Mostly for 2 reasons : due to underdeveloped (sometimes over developed ) and undertuned professions. Also, the lacking of interclass dependency plays an extremely overlooked role into it, I wont delve into that atm though. But where in eq, every class had a distinct role to play in strategem (hell even in a casual experience getting group), Here, Its nothing more than timing, luck, and sheer zerg/guerilla forces that determine ALL victories. (has this been disproven anywhere? anyone? ) (also, some can contest the same as eq, for zerging, sure, i guess that depends what guild you were in, but the point is not that. Point is, eq is eq.. and ao couldve remained ao, instead of this interpolation of high end gaming in a setting that isnt equipped to house it. ;p)

Saving time and speeding up a bit.
    Basically, Now to mack and defeat certain mobs, you'll need eq strategy, organization, communication and class discipline, but only while playing AO. And that, AO players are not predisposed to having, Due to the nature of the game since its inception. Its like fitting the circle peg into the square peg-slot, sure you can wedge it in there, but somethings missing.

Now with this... evolution/de-evolution here,.... At least in eq, the formula was ...at a minimum..., perfected and implemented with far less flawed execution. There certainly lacks a desire to challenge the terrific game play here *ducks* and clever boss encounters here, to prove youre the best or, competent enough to tread where only gods do, though. There isnt even the core feeling of greed for the item the "boss" drops. ya know? ....At least to my desensitized eyeballs. But who am I.
    (heh, a large amount of bosses werent even itemized on patch day, giving those rare few who did achieve more than the rest.. absolutely no type of rewarding, sense of satisfaction, prestige, nothing... wtg, outstanding and refreshing way to hook players and keep em playing, There we have at least ONE idea that wasnt ripped from eq's dev team I wont even go into the level of reasoning required to understand fc's layout for their class specific ring quests ;p )

All in all, what fc is trying to do here..... just isnt able to be built with the materials it has to work with.. In order to make these things unfold dopely, Theyre going to need to do what essentially they dont do, Work on the game.

Ipsilon, rk2.

**edited a few things .
    Last edited by Neckrodeemus; Sep 19th, 2002 at 19:12:03.
    Mean Dirty Killer.

Stop bringing EQ **** into the discussions.

kthx

Just some things that I want to say that I have observed while on my 2 tries to drop her. Probably the most important of which was something someone mentioned earlier but it wasn't confirmed. Indeed if you wait long enough vivy will turn on her own lackeys. My group down there was working on one masked commando(vivy and other commando werent aggrod) and had it down to maybe 30kish hp left when he ran back to his general. This seemed to anger vivy as she let loose on her lackey that was at full health. So there was 2 battles raging, one between us and one commando and one between vivy and the other commando. Well I *think* vivy started healing the commando we were beating on because we could never get him to die. If she wasn't healing him, she was healing herself because I kept seeing the red nano effect associated with healing. At the end vivy got tired of killing her own minion and promptly wiped us out. The second thing I would confirm is that she does summon people to her since she has done that to me twice.
    Hide your babies!! A trader is a coming!! Nerf us before we can get all your babies!!

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

Come Participate in my PvP tourney(rimor only)

One other item to remember...parry shields. A high end fire parry shield would mitigate 'some' of the damage for a short period of time. Not a be-all end-all, but it would help a little bit.

Condaan

Hyper-bosses are so cool. Here are some thoughts I have from playing Asheron's Call:

At the beginning of AC, there was the White Rabbit, a super-powerful version of the normal harmless bunnies in the game. (It was taken from Monty Python). Anyway, it eventually got to where people could easily kill it; there was a "campaign" to "buff the bunny" and the devs actually did it. The White Rabbit became super-powerful, and rampaged around until a mighty concerted effort was used to kill it. They used an interesting strategy; I'm not sure I remember all of it, but here it is: they got tanks to crowd around the bunny and corner it against a wall, so only the tanks were being hit. Then, archers and spellcasters simultaneously debuffed and hit the bunny with offensive attacks. Since the rabbit couldn't get to them, they were safe. And it worked-the rabbit, while much more powerful, has once again become killable.

Another example was the month when Bael'Zharon, the Hopeslayer, was released. Actually he didn't even move, he just cast spells I believe, but he was very high-level, and guarded by very high-level monsters. In an effort to kill him, a group of about 100 players went to go kill him. They were all slain-there was a literal carpet of bodies on the ground. Why did they fail? It wasn't because they weren't strong enough; I'm sure they could have killed him. It was the lag. It was awful. People were having to wait several minutes for the screen to change, and when it did, they noticed that they were dead. Thus, nothing could be done simply because the servers couldn't handle it.

What does this mean for AO? First, I just really wish that AO had the capacity to have hundreds of players in one area, provided one's computer is fast enough. That way hyper-bosses could be challenged with large groups of people. Unfortunately, all the large online RPG's have lag problems. I have no idea if this will ever be fixed, or will just remain a permanent fixture of the genre. If it isn't fixed, hyper-bosses will have to be toned down.

Or will they? That brings me to my second point. Perhaps there is a good strategy to beat bosses like the General. Maybe she does have a weakness, like the bosses in Megaman. Maybe there's a foolproof combination of tactics and professions like there was with the bunny in AC. Maybe it's possible to fool her AI so that she becomes stuck or permanently confused; maybe there's a quest item you have to get to be able to kill her. And to be honest, there's probably some sort of bug or exploit to be found to kill her as well. My point is, there's just so much we can try, don't give up hope yet. Even if there's an unbearable amount of lag.

Originally posted by Demono

Any evade debuffs? or are they a problem landing? Agents have a projectile debuff
    The evade debuffs in game are scaled to work vs. player evades. Even if a lucks fickle fate (fixer debuff, -85 to all evades, 130% resist) and Gravitational Anomaly (NT nuke with -200 evade side effect, 109% resist) were stacked it would not be enough to be noticeable. And that assumes that you are even able to land them.

It is hard to tell how long I was shooting at it. I know I shot for several seconds before I was aggroed. I shielded up with TMS Mk X the second I was aggroed, took a few hits, and lost aggro to someone else. The TMS wore off and I was still shooting. A little after that I was killed by one of the minions.

So I know I got off 40 shots while in TMS and whatever more I got off before and after my TMS. Out of theese I only noticed *one* shot landing except for specials. And that was with a nova and 1100 attack rating.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast