Thread: Script question about def/agg slider..

Script question about def/agg slider..

Can script move position of your def/agg slider (so you don't have to do it always with mouse on right bottom corner of screen)? And if it can, how (any examples?)? Would be nice to have it sometimes as full def, sometimes halfway..

No.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

as much as most of us had wished, no you cannot due to a possibility of exploitation.

however, it may or may not be implemented in the future as a possition-toggle action button with a cooldown added (like the sneak skill)
    turning it on will put your bar on full agg, turning it off will put your bar back where it was before it was turned on.

who knows? don't hold your breath tho
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Talking Script != Exploit

I think for most people trying out AO now for the first time, the GUI is the reason so many leave after a few minutes on newby island. It is like something you would see in a late 80s game, crude, mostly fixed and inflexible. There is no drag and drop, very restricted key binding, difficult to customize, and takes up way to much screen space. I think it is way more important than how the nice the water looks, but supposedly the new graphics engine needs to be in place before they will entertain touching the GUI code.

I wonder if AO is really the awful undocumented spagetti code it is often jokingly called.

Also I really don't think that being able to bind the agg/def bar to a pair of keys like - and + would mean exploitation any more than the current keys the game does allow you to re-bind from the F10 screen.
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.
    New content does not have to make old content obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkydkhick View Post
    There is no drag and drop
    Could you explain what you mean?

The gui allows drag and drop of inventory, loot, nanos and items to/from your bags, bank, character window, programs, hotbars, into chat as references.

The windowing system, while not fully flexible, allows drag and drop to rearrange and detach/re-attach windows and chat to/from tabs or stand-alone windows or the right pane. Columns in the bank, inventory, bags, gms, shops and elsewhere can be drag and dropped to new positional locations.

Seems like a lot of drag and drop there to me. So you must mean something more specific. What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by MartekO View Post
    Seems like a lot of drag and drop there to me. So you must mean something more specific. What is it?
    You can't drag the attack/nano bars. You can't drag the "100% gas" "now entering" "you have 50 seconds until suppression gas takes effect" message areas. You can't drag the buttons that are normally on the wings (i personally turn the wings off). You can't drag the bottom left/right bars where ncu/creds/aggdef bar are.

Well that's certainly less vague and lots more accurate than "There is no drag and drop".

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    You can't drag the attack/nano bars. You can't drag the "100% gas" "now entering"
    i prefer this over to other games issues where you drag addon or UI-element and it randomly gets stuck below your cursor.. try targeting mobs with a friggin Omen/Recount blocking mob wherever you point the cursor.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

You can't drag the attack/nano bars.
    This would be useful

You can't drag the "100% gas" "now entering" "you have 50 seconds until suppression gas takes effect" message areas.
    Why? theyre not in the way, its just text on the screen, theyre there to ensure you actually notice them.

You can't drag the buttons that are normally on the wings (i personally turn the wings off). You can't drag the bottom left/right bars where ncu/creds/aggdef bar are.
    Make your own custom GUI if you want things in different places.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Why? theyre not in the way, its just text on the screen, theyre there to ensure you actually notice them.
    There are those of us who somehow manage to have other UI elements in this area, which ends up covering these messages.
    Make your own custom GUI if you want things in different places.
    Yes, and we should go code a subroutine to subscribe channels to a chat window.
    This is getting very off topic.. but the idea of making these things drag-and-drop as opposed to "softcoded", is quite valid. And I'd like this change as well.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    There are those of us who somehow manage to have other UI elements in this area, which ends up covering these messages.
    Well, its like saying "i dont stop at stop signs because ive blocked out that part of my windshield".

Theyre not UI elements, theyre on screen overlays, work around them or get a bigger screen
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Well, its like saying "i dont stop at stop signs because ive blocked out that part of my windshield".

Theyre not UI elements, theyre on screen overlays, work around them or get a bigger screen
    I have a 1920x1080 screen. Should I upgrade to 2560x1600, just so that my hotbars don't cover the suppression gas message? Your solution is silly, sir!

I have a 1920x1080 screen. Should I upgrade to 2560x1600, just so that my hotbars don't cover the suppression gas message? Your solution is silly, sir!
    1920x1080 is soooo 29482! Better upgrade if you want to enjoy the new engine ;D
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    1920x1080 is soooo 29482! Better upgrade if you want to enjoy the new engine ;D
    Is 1280x800 still cool? :/
    When new engine comes out, I am going to upgrade my mouse.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Oct 8th, 2010 at 17:21:43.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]