Thread: Tarasque / legchopper

Tarasque / legchopper

Ahum, what is the point of profession quests if they all require to kill jack the legchopper?
    My guild killed him once and it required 20+ pple all over 150 to kill him???? Guess that means the profession quest is out of the picture for like 99.99% of the players...

Also I heard (unconfirmed) that it took 7 clan teams over 2 hours to kill tarasque now? If so that is seriously wrong imo as well...

Any news on whether this is meant like this and if so: when will this be changed?

Re: Tarasque / legchopper

Originally posted by Hayake
    Also I heard (unconfirmed) that it took 7 clan teams over 2 hours to kill tarasque now? If so that is seriously wrong imo as well...
    Had 4 teams. Logged in as servers came up, made way to Camelot, formed kill teams and killed Tarasque. Entire process took about 2 1/2 hours. Didn't note the actual time to kill Tarasque.

Re: Tarasque / legchopper

Originally posted by Hayake
    Ahum, what is the point of profession quests if they all require to kill jack the legchopper?
    they dont...

Angry

If by patch full of high level content eliminating everything that could contain one single ounce of fun; the things we do for fun as large groups being completely messed up, broken, unable to be completed, or any other words you can place here to say that it completely sucks then FC you did a great job. And after teams were formed all 4 of the teams...not to mention the extra docs we had in tara room not in teams it took a total of 2.5 hours to kill 1 dragon. That has got to be the sickest thing FC has ever done in way of a fix...is it your way to end the conflict by brining in these peace keepers so that anything "worth" doing needs all clanners and all omni's to complete? Well until the emergency patch that fixers the broken state of AO, I will be testing out worthwhile games that actually make things fun for everyone like ac2.
    I love you all,
    Javaschick
    Member of Apocalypse

WOW.

Do we still run tara raids? or did we give up due to the length of the process??

Originally posted by javaschick
    If by patch full of high level content eliminating everything that could contain one single ounce of fun; the things we do for fun as large groups being completely messed up, broken, unable to be completed, or any other words you can place here to say that it completely sucks then FC you did a great job. And after teams were formed all 4 of the teams...not to mention the extra docs we had in tara room not in teams it took a total of 2.5 hours to kill 1 dragon. That has got to be the sickest thing FC has ever done in way of a fix...is it your way to end the conflict by brining in these peace keepers so that anything "worth" doing needs all clanners and all omni's to complete? Well until the emergency patch that fixers the broken state of AO, I will be testing out worthwhile games that actually make things fun for everyone like ac2.
    and when you try out the new games you will find that THEIR dragons are ACTUALLY DIFFICULT and actually take time, planning, and a cohesive, concentrated effort to kill. not 20 minutes of shoot-em up.....

then you'll be back.

4 teams to kill a dragon...heh..and you call that hard.....try to kill a dragon on everquest.

it took us 4 mid-sized GUILDS (meaning about 40-50 members)kill Vox. and that includes clearing the entire dungeon first before Vox. and keeping it clear.

2 teams fighting a dragon is NOT a raid. hell...4 teams isn't one either.
    Last edited by Tahrus; Sep 19th, 2002 at 14:10:15.
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus
    CEO Freedom News Networks Inc., RK2
    Bureaucrat, Media Mogul, and all-around good guy!

Well, the problem with AO is that you can't wear different type of gear to prevent different type of dmage by much. AC does jack really. Now that the bracer are nerf..is even less strategy to the game since now every type of damage will be the same basically.

In EQ...you could wear fire resistant armor....and plan a strategy toward Nagafen a fire dragon as oppose to Vox who's ice base..you wear cold damage gear.

You can't really implement strategy to AO caues basically nothing really works and if it did work...it was consider overpowered and gets nerfed. So only way to make AO challenging it make a mob so much HP that it takes 2 hours to kill.

Originally posted by Tahrus
    and when you try out the new games you will find that THEIR dragons are ACTUALLY DIFFICULT and actually take time, planning, and a cohesive, concentrated effort to kill. not 20 minutes of shoot-em up.....

then you'll be back.

4 teams to kill a dragon...heh..and you call that hard.....try to kill a dragon on everquest.

it took us 4 mid-sized GUILDS (meaning about 40-50 members)kill Vox. and that includes clearing the entire dungeon first before Vox. and keeping it clear.

Good points Tahrus, but is this really the path AO should go down? That of becoming more and more like old played out games?

One of the many reasons why I left EQ was the fact that taking down say Vox or Naggy took that many people. Getting that many people together when you're not in a big guild is at best impossible and if you are in a big guild, coordinating such an event takes time because there are WAITING LINES to get a shot at killing either of these dragons and that's not even considering the difference in time zones amongst the members of the guild.

As it stands, there is no tactical thinking necessary in this game. In a mission, who needs to think? Target, hit Q, nuke a few times, mob dead, sit, recharge, leave in hair for one minute, rinse in warm/hot water, repeat as desired.

Outdoors? The best tactic to use in the outdoors right now? Go back indoors. I would love to see outdoor content that provided some sort of strategy, some sort of tactical thinking rather than planning what you are going to do once you're at the reclaim. 8k crits? Cmon...most of Rubi-Ka's population could have 5 CH docs backing them up and die to an 8k crit INSTANTLY.

If you've played EQ and did the JBoots quest, you will see a striking similarity between AO's Jack The Legchopper and EQ's Ancient Cyclops.

Ancient Cyclops characteristics:
    2 spawn spots (possibly more). 1 static (ridiculous spawn time..I think 36 hours if I remember correctly), the rest random.
    Dropped an item needed for a quest.

Jack the Legchopper characteristics:
    7 spawn spots. 1 static (ridiculous 18 hour spawn time), the rest random in a single playfield.
    Drops items needed for various profession quests.

I can see it now...in 14.6, all playfields will be 75% or greater (with exception of the Arenas) and the game will become a complete care-bear pissing contest over who can muster up the most people and deal the most repetitive damage to an NPC moron who lacks the intelligence to know which foot his shoes go on over and over and over and over and over and over again. At that point, I will give all of my possessions to the remaining NTs in my org and say goodbye...something I truly do not want to do because the promise...the potential of this game is so great that if the devs were going in the right direction (focusing on fixing the core problems of the game and focusing on making PvP a viable thing for both those who are designed for battle & those designed to do tradeskills), AO could be a really great game. Right now, it is just something to pass the time that gets thrown out the window when something that possesses even just a shred of "fun" comes up.
    .: Naraya :.

then you'll be back.
    Nope I won't. I'm pretty sure that I will not play another mmorpg anywhere in the near future. Unless they would make something like fallout online then maybe I guess (disclaimer if anyone from interplay/black isle reads this: I DO NOT WANT FALLOUT ONLINE, JUST GIMME FALLOUT 3)

Well it is. No idea what lvl your character is but anyways:

a. funcom infrastructure can't support more than let's say 60 or so pple in the same playfield for tara (support being a losely used term).

b. tarasque: I don't think there even are the 160 (same sided) 150+ people online at any given moment with any interest at all in doing tarasque in ao.

c. similar to b. playerbase in ao is waaaaaaaaaaaaay smaller than in eq, and active high level even more so I think.

d. legchopper: I don't think many people will be able to find around 20 lvl150+ pple to go help them camp a stupid mob for an item the other 19 have no benefit in at all.

Yes, maybe some of the ones in a big guild can (I'm in MoK, so I probably, maybe could get that number of pple online at the same time and maybe they would all even be nice enough to go camp with me). But loads of players are not in any big guilds. And what do you say to them?

Sorry I feel the profession quests should be doable with the help of 1 team of 150+ players (two at the most).
    That would seem like an amount of pple most pple should be able to get together and also in case of one team... an amount of time I myself would be willing to spend (as it means I would camp the mob 6 times then, once for myself once for each of the other teamies).

I'm sorry but I can't imagine being obliged to camp the same mob
    20 times to get my profession quest finished because I needed 19 people to help me finish it. In that case I'd just as well not do it. Especially since almost all of the items suck bigtime. (Ma ring has 1HB, nano pool, nano init, and intelligence. I can already state now that I will never use it so it only has some trophy value. I'll stick to my xp ring and ring of luck when I fight)
    Last edited by Hayake; Sep 20th, 2002 at 09:54:38.

Tahrus, if you can write this

Bureaucrat, Media Mogul, and all-around good guy!

How can we believe anything else your writing????
    First player with all characters 100+ and still a newbie....

Originally posted by Funcom
    "Tarasque" has had his hitpoints reduced, and his special attacks are working as they should now. We have also increased the chance of him dropping his special loot.

"Jack Legchopper" has had his regeneration rate reduced. This also applies for his clones.

not that bad as i see it.. LC's regen dropped.. as well as his lackies.. cant complain there. Oh, and tarasque has less hit points now.. AND he has a greater chance of dropping goodies. Well, i think they about covered that.
    Slickblue - 131 2he enforcer rk1

Anyone else feel like blitzing their office for the paycheck?

My Woman

notice: GAHH! I hate typos, so this is a pre-edit note, if its edited, then UBER MASTER TYPO KING Slickblue has done it again.. :/

Originally posted by Garv
    Well, the problem with AO is that you can't wear different type of gear to prevent different type of dmage by much. AC does jack really. Now that the bracer are nerf..is even less strategy to the game since now every type of damage will be the same basically.

In EQ...you could wear fire resistant armor....and plan a strategy toward Nagafen a fire dragon as oppose to Vox who's ice base..you wear cold damage gear.

You can't really implement strategy to AO caues basically nothing really works and if it did work...it was consider overpowered and gets nerfed. So only way to make AO challenging it make a mob so much HP that it takes 2 hours to kill.
    Sad but true. You should blame the players, not Funcom for the nerfing of everything that worked though. It pretty much has always been a trend, that if you see someone got something uber, that you don't have, you petition about him being overpowered. Lame yes. But it's the childrens way.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Note on Prof Quests

The Prof rings are lvl180+ to wear, of course Jack has to be Tough.

And you can do jack with fewer ppl.
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

then you'll be back.

Problem in AO is that the servers cant handle more than 12 ppl at the same spot fighting... more ppl than that, like 16 ppl, you will start lagging severely... and 2.5 hours of straight fighting without a break is not what I would call fun (I know you guys from Ever Camp thought it was fun, but thats exactly the reason I didnt think it was fun). Specially docs have a problem here, they have to sit infront of comp and press heal buttons ALL the time, while the others just press "Q" and watch TV. Its not my idea of fun at all.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!