Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new and improved Tarasque

Pvp ? lol right..with the 30-40 pple u will need to kill the dragon in an hour so much lag builds up u cant even type to let others know your being attacked ..not that the pple attacking will have any chance of moving into Tara room with the lag.

Originally posted by Koma
    Pvp ? lol right..with the 30-40 pple u will need to kill the dragon in an hour so much lag builds up u cant even type to let others know your being attacked ..not that the pple attacking will have any chance of moving into Tara room with the lag.
    im in nooo rush
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Well, for me, the Dragon is the only reason to be there. I have little to zero interest in PvP. The only reason I want to be down there is to take pics of the big guy, to say I've seen him, and to win a fight against him. Regardless of the loot he drops, which is substantial (and I would honestly love to have some of one day), my major reason for going down there is to see him.

Maybe part of it is also because I still CAN'T get down there, unless Camelot Castle split in half and I could just jump in to his room. Some of us just want to go for the thrill of satisfying our curiosity.

Rhiannon "Krystanova" Pourier

Visit Faunlore: Rubi-Kan Wildlife at:
    http://beastiary.somnaterrae.org

Biotronois,

Mate the spawns of tara were basically dominated by whomever got the most players to box room...once you had sufficent numbers be it clan or omni.....the rest of theplayers stood outside zoning in andout waiting for someone to die. Sometimes you scored balance and the fights were great most times it became Omni got GS 1 and the clan positioned themselves in GS2.... we would kill tara and try to move numbers into GS2 nope no joy and sometimes found ourselves in gs3. Sometimes clan would get their act and numbers together and bam would have more than enough numbers in 1 and 2. 10 or less on one faction trying to kill and get thru a box room of 20 plus players aint going to happen.

So now everyone is sitting there holding that box room for the next 2-3 hours DOING NUTHING. while it takes 3 -4 teams to kill tara. That aint fun thats boring. And as for loot they already have Tara on a 18 hour timer...if that aint restrictive enough what is?

You do remember when they introduced team missions and the bosses had HP up around 500k plus and it took a team something like 30 mins plus to take them down? What was the result----complete boredom. Everyone just blitzed it......it wasnt worth the fight.

Maybe to have made the fight more intersting make her hit harder......not up the HP. and Second to balance the fights......once a certain level is reached by a faction in the dungeon.....BAM they are forbidden access unless a faction member dies. There maybe had to be a threshold limit where a hypothetical certain number could defend and hold and kill tara but let the other faction get some decent numbers to make the fight and hold her worthwhile. I mean I was one night and there was bunch of level 30s in the dungeon....Like WTF this is just filling it up with junk. If you had limits.....BAM every one would be screaming get rid of the baggage and get some decent players to help defend or attack.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

Tara

the main point of the dungeon is for pvp, that's the fun part, but what pulls people to it, is the dragon. FC probably did this to get the pvp up, but all that's going to happen is both Omni and clan are going to abandon tara, that includes quizotic, and total chaos which can solo him. nobody wants to spend 2 hours killing 1 mob, its just not worth it. Fc trys to increase the pvp, they end up ending it completely. I saw people crash more then once on the last tara, really not worth it. If the dungeon reset it might take up to 4 hours to kill him, it just happened last week, b4 the patch. and we all got warped and died, so it took us a while to kill but 4 hours is insane.

On a side note, nobody can possibly take the boss mobs that crit for 10K unless omni and clan worked together, if we did that we would be screwing with the plot. So those mobs will be alive and kicking for quite a while.

Another great patch FC

aww i follow my email link back to this thread and am all sad again
    woohoo at last!!!! i've found my MK IV
    "Make all trader drains self only." -aaronb (asmoran)

Interesting idea raised by Phingers up there.

If Camelot has a limit of say 60 people, could FunCom change that to 30 Omni and 30 Clan and no limit to Neutrals?

That is once your faction hits 30 people, the next one to get in the door spills over to another Tarasque. Never more than 30 people from one of the two main factions in one dungeon at a time.

Neutrals fight for whoever pays best or somesuch.

not sure that would work dude..if you now need 24 people to kill tarasque in 2 hours then you only get 6 left in the box to defend against the 30 omni who can get in. maybe an alternative would be say a 70/30 split so one side can never fill pf totally and with the added pressures of defending box while fighting tarasque some fun pvp may take place,,getting the balance right would be tough though but certainly better than what we have atm.....

<edit: forgot to mention though that the pf can be overfilled by use of warping in or people actively logging or simply LD'ing. and that would have to be addressed first>
    Last edited by Slaggermulps; Sep 19th, 2002 at 21:23:44.
    woohoo at last!!!! i've found my MK IV
    "Make all trader drains self only." -aaronb (asmoran)

Originally posted by JackSwift
    I
    Go fight an EQ Dragon.
    In EQ the dragon may die faster... you always have lots of dead bodies in the process.
    Actually. In Everquest, the dragons drop within 5 minutes.
    If you don't suck and everybody works as a team, nobody dies.

The idea of fighting a dragon for any longer than 30 minutes is ludicrous.

to me Tara means.

loot.

plain and simple. There are never any good PVP battles anymore. one side or the other fills the dungeon, and thats that. no more getting in.

The few battles I have been in that took place there were LOADS of fun!!!! however. 95% of the time, we all sit in the box room going

"see any omni?"

"nope"

"damn"

"how long till tara spawn?"

"20 minutes"

"damn, hopew some omni show up to keep us occupied"

20 minutes later...

"tara dead. time for raffles!!!"
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor