Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [ALL] IRRK: Newland Militia to Increase their Patrols

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[ALL] IRRK: Newland Militia to Increase their Patrols

Newland Militia to Increase their Patrols
    March 18, 29482 - [Global]

IRRK - In a surprising move, the Newland militia have increased the number of patrols performed within the city and the nearby area. This comes at a very strange time, as many neutrals continue to insult and speak their mind about Omni-Tek.

Early this morning, IRRK was informed, by General Hekkat that the Newland City militia was going to increase the size and number of their patrols both within and outside the city. Furthermore then General Hekkat informed us that this was in an attempt to stop the increased amount of muggings and kidnappings, but is that really the whole truth?

Some people claim that the reason behind the increased patrols is more than the simple increase in crime. These people say that the patrols is also meant as a warning to Omni-Tek Employees not to get any ideas such as involving Newland in matters regarding Borealis, as Omni-Tek employees have no authority in Newland City or the Newland area.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    Some people claim that the reason behind the increased patrols is more than the simple increase in crime. These people say that the patrols is also meant as a warning to Omni-Tek Employees not to get any ideas such as involving Newland in matters regarding Borealis, as Omni-Tek employees have no authority in Newland City or the Newland area.
    As the Omni-Tek Ambassador to Newland City I can say, beyond a shadow of a doubt that more often then not, it's Neutrals getting involved in Borealis, not Omni-Tek involving Neutrals or Neutral Governments in Borealis.

This move is quite concerning, considering the warnings I've had to give Newland about the risk of apparent militarization.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Is there something wrong with Newland increasing their security? No, of course not!
    Only makes Newland a safer place to live and work. With the increasing crime in omni cities, its a chance that it spreads to neutral ground, so better make it safer for those who wish to live and work in this beautiful city!
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

I call it being smart.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    I call it being smart.
    Indeed, more guards, less crime.
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

Go Newland! If Borealis had funded and trained its own guards rather than rely on the ICC they would not be in this mess.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I'm not sure why the news article and some replies come off like Omni-Tek is planning an Invade Newland City...

When Newland was the victim of Clan aggression many years ago, Omni-Tek sent troops to protect the city's citizens, and yes, they were welcomed with open arms. Then Former CEO Philip Ross, wanting to see a lasting solution for Newland personally funded the Militia program using his own money.

The thought that Omni-Tek would needlessly assault Newland City is foolishness.

There is no need for speculation or rumors, the increase is only due to help protect citizens and visitors of Newland City. The muggings and kidnapping have become a problem and are concern on many peoples minds. This is only a security measure.

There has been no aggressive behavior shown by Omni-Tek toward Newland. Most employees have shown full accordance with Newland laws, and the laws and regulations set forth by their Board of Directors. The random drunk here and there being the exception.

Neutral citizens have always spoke their minds, good and bad, when it comes to both Omni-Tek and the Clans. There is nothing strange going on now then there was in the past. The only real problem right now is the muggings and kidnappings. Anything more is only fuel for paranoid people.

Beta “Foosball33” Cross
    Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council ((RK2))
    Last edited by FoosballX; Mar 18th, 2008 at 20:52:47.

This is indeed part of the security measure in front fo the kidnapping, as some of them happened in the city.

I am also looking for information about the so called "shadows". A group of fixer who are using an exotic teleport technology to kidnap people and move without constraints. One particular sign is the blue light that can be seen.

I'm looking for any kind of data, may it be tactical or energy readings. If you witness them, directing sensors on them may provide vital help to stop them.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

As an internal move, we hope Omni don't go getting undeservedly paranoid, as we're not sending the militia into your cities, are we? This si simply a move to increase the security of our citizens. I'm sure the General, the Mayor, and the Security Minister considered all the factors before implementing this.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

Trousers, get your facts right.

And it's funny how General Hekkat assumes Omni personel has authority in Borealis. But I guess that if he gives them this right, they do.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post

And it's funny how General Hekkat assumes Omni personel has authority in Borealis. But I guess that if he gives them this right, they do.
    Speaking about getting your facts right? What are you talking about? The only information given out by Hekkat was that the militia has be increased due to the recent muggings and kidnappings. There's nothing about what he assumes, only what the reporter of this article assumes.

And last I knew Omni personnel does have authority in Borealis, which is why there was all the protesting and such. I'm not really sure what you're saying General Hekkat is giving anyone?

Uhm, if omni came and tried to enforce they're laws, Hekkat would be pretty mad, and he wouldn't be much nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post

People who wish to make a point follow up their claims with substance. I stand behind my comments and would like to see you provide grounds to question them.

I know you'd rather see neutrals being protected by omni guards Trousers, but that just ain't going to happen.

At no point did I suggest that should happen.

The claim that there hasn't been hostility towards Omni-tek in Newland is utterly ridiculous.

It's funny to see Minister Cross contradicting his own words publically though. What exactly was it that you told me a week or two ago in Newland? "Relax while you can Omni boy, your kind won't be welcome here much longer." Your words more or less. Sounds like a direct preface to what's going on now.

So does Newland support this level of self-contradiction and two-facedness in public officials? And I wonder what Hekkat would say about you threatening people in advance with knowledge of this move...

I really have no clue what you're talking about. You really should stop trying to make things out to be bigger then they are. And stop with your mindless babbling and leave people alone.

Clearly you have some kind of personal issues with me, like you seem to have with many neutrals you've been trying to get into trouble or implicate in crimes.
    Or maybe you just have a problem with nuetrals in general. Either way I grow tired of you're childish games and actions and, will have nothing more to do with me.
    So feel free to say what you want. I'm done here.

So you're denying telling me a bit ago that you claimed Omni-Tek would not be welcome in Newland much longer?

Do I need to get other witnesses Mr. Cross? You and I weren't the only ones there. Time to start realizing that you can't intimidate people and then expect them to forget it about it when it matters.

Look as usual your attempts to provoke someone into a fight, end in failure. Again I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I said, and I'm ending here. Although I'm sure you're going to keep at it, but really this discussion is over.

I'm sorry if you somehow feel threaten by me, and need to prove your worthiness by attacking me in a public forum, I just can't stoop to you level. Have a good day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast