Thread: The story of Kate...

The story of Kate...

PART 1

(( Please excuse all spelling, and punctuation mistakes... annnnd first story... ^^ ))

For as long as she could remember, she lived in a lowly part of Borealis with her owner Pheyed. This lowly Fixer made her minimal wages repairing the different shop terminals in the local stores. Caitie would often spend her time following Pheyed around while she worked, talking with some of the people as they shopped. Caitie was not the shy type, she loved to converse with people, on the rare occasion you would get the battle hardened atrox that would completely ignore her, sometimes even threaten her. Pheyed paid them no mind as the tiny leet crept closer to her knowing she was safe close by.

Nearly every week around the same time, Caitie would ask Pheyed how they met. Caitie had never forgotten, but would ask but would ask none the less. She would always answer with the same; “You were wrapped up in a blanket in an alley by the subway… I thought it very strange that a blanket was running in circles, so I went to investigate.” Caitie always asked to see where on the way home, Pheyed always obliged taking the small detour to show her it. She would spend a few moments sniffing about, never uncovering anything further. The same routine played out week after week for quite some time.

One night, Pheyed was called out for an emergency repair on one of the banking terminals in a backyard. Rather than wake the sleeping leet, she quietly left leaving the security door unlocked behind her, as to not wake the leet upon reentering. Pheyed had left rather quietly, if it had been another person she had try not to wake she most likely would have succeeded. However it was rather loud to a leet, and Caitie stirred from her slumber arriving at the door just as it closed. She sat staring at the door for quite some time, though leets have no concept of time… So in all actuality it could’ve been mere seconds.

“Pheyphey!” She yelled at the door.

The door didn’t move however, and after a few more moments, she returned to her bed. Thinking she’d just go back to sleep and when she would wake up, there would be Pheyed. She wasn’t tired though, and she sat in bed, staring at the door. The door seemed to stare back, or maybe she was just staring at it so intently that she imagined it did. Either way, she started growling at the door. It was a soft heartless growl, Caitie wasn’t the fighting type. She stood from the pillow that she was lying on and growled a little more intensely. The door just stared back, unmoving. Caitie jumped from her pillow and let out a bark out at the door, still nothing. She sprinted towards the door not knowing what else she could do. As she rapidly approached, it opened…

She came to a screeching stop in front of a rather tall solitus male. He looked down to her with a grin on his face.

“Looks like we got a house leet...” He said softly, head turned over his shoulder. Another person walked in as he finished speaking, an atrox of smaller stature. Caitie looked up to the two, no idea of what was taking place.

“You Pheyphey’s friends?” She said in a rather cheerful voice, happy she was no longer alone. The two looked down on her faces still wide with grin. She tilted her head a bit the side, unknowing what they seemed happy about. The atrox pulled a bat from behind his back, patting into the palm of his hand. Caitie’s eyes widened, and she slowly started to back away…

“Yo-You not Pheyphey’s friends…” She said softly, eyes still glued to the two giants.

“Why sure we are…” The solitus said voice dripping with sarcasm. He leaned against the wall, closing the door behind him. The atrox now slowly passing by, walking towards Caitie bat in hand. She had stopped retreating, now quivering in fear as the slow moving shadow engulfed her tiny presence. She watched in horror as he crept closer and closer frozen by fear.

The solitus male was now cleaning something out of his teeth with his fingernails seeming rather uncaring of what was going on. The other, now feet from Caitie, she looked up only seeing the silhouette from the huge man. Caitie closed her eyes tight hoping that it would make everything go away. She dropped to the floor unable to move, hearing his the quick motion of the bat raising… and everything went black.

(( As a side note, this is back story... Not current happenings. ))

~ Part Two ~
    ~ Part Three~
    Last edited by Caitie; Mar 28th, 2008 at 14:32:41.

Eyowen ~ 220/23 Martial Artist ~ Should Reroll Shade
    Pheyde ~ 214/16 Trader ~ Tradeskilling Tool
    Panini ~ 220/24 Doctor ~ Doesn't PvP

~ Proud President of NinjaKittens ~

[[ :O oh my goodness poor kate...I want to read more, good job!]]
    Tresa "Cylie" Burke

((..Aww! ...Poor Kate! Now I feel reeeeally bad for scaring her the other day, hehe...sweet little leet ))
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

((I can't wait to see more. Yeah for Leet Characters!))

((OCC: Made me feel guilty for killing leets in the back yards [irrational I know]. Good story.))

((Great story! I can't wait for the next part ))
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

((funny with the leet-view ))

((
    Between Vicinity and storytelling, Caitie is going to be nominated for Best new Actress of 29482.

Keep up the good work!
    ))
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

(( Thank you all! I'll post the next part ASAP ^^ ))

PART 2

It was mid day and a lone flower swayed in the wind atop a hill just outside Borealis. It was a rather nice day, only a few clouds in sight. The flower was enjoying the light and warmth from it. A calm wind blew having the flowers pedals gently sway to and fro. The giant ball of burning gas that circled the flower had just started to fade in the sky, casting a small shadow on a few blades of grass below the flower. As another gust of wind passed by the flower was just think-… “SQUASH!” The loud voice echoed throughout the small hills.

Caitie was standing atop the now crumpled flower looking quite proud of herself. Pheyed was walking up the hill her behind her, giggling and shaking her heads slightly. “That’ll take quite some time for that flower to recover.”

Kate looked down to the flower in between her feet. She raised her head back to Pheyed before frowning. “Kate not want hurt flower…” She said quietly. The flower now thoroughly flattened, staring up at the star from its back. Caitie stepped off the flower, it giving a sigh of relief in return. “Kate… Kate want to know, what happen with big man, Pheyphey?”

Pheyed gave a twisted look, frowning at the leet as it waddled towards her. “I can only tell you what I know, hun.”

Pheyed took a seat on the hill, quickly lying down, staring into the sky. “I came up to the door, and it was already opened. My heart sank as I saw a red smear on the wall through the crack. I ran through the door to see you lying motionless in front of that atrox…” Pheyed Closed her eyes taking a long breath. Caitie lay across her stomach closing her eyes as well to listen to the story.

“The atrox was unconscious, a bat lying just out of reach of his hand. There was a small puddle of blood by his head… I think he had a broken nose. I-… I just can’t get over how scared I was… When I saw you lying there, I-… I had though the worst. I fell to the floor and started to cry…” Pheyed took another deep breath, this one stuttering a bit.

“My hands were over my face so I couldn’t see… I didn’t want to… That’s when you nuzzled against my leg and said: ‘Why for Pheyphey make sad sound?’ I… I opened my eyes, not thinking to see you… But there you were… I grabbed you, and just squeezed.” Caitie snorted out a chittery giggly.

“Kate remember that… What happen to big man?” Pheyed opened her eyes for a moment looking down to Caitie, then shook her head.

“I don’t know… I dragged him outside, locked the door and started cleaning up the blood... You saw all of that.” Caitie stood up, now sitting on Pheyed’s stomach.

“Big man not there when we go outside for fixing next day…” Pheyed nodded in response, opening her eyes to shrug at the leet once more.

“I dunno what to tell you, girl. He just wasn’t there… Maybe he went home. Now… Now that I think about it… Where did that blood on the wall come from?” Caitie returned Pheyed gaze with an unknowing squeek.

“Kate not member…” She said softly, lying back down on Pheyed’s stomach looking up to watch the clouds roll by…

(( Once again excuse all spelling/punctuation/random words. ^^ ))
    Last edited by Caitie; Mar 19th, 2008 at 18:51:04.

((Good story Keep it coming.))
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Lumen Orien

(( Yes mistress, as you wish... Is there anything else I can do for you? ))

(( On another note next peice will be in a day or two. ^^ ))

((I also like the leet perspective and having one as a main character.))

Edit:*Stand next to Anamelle looks at Caitie, crosses arms and taps a foot.*

((Don't lose your momentum or the story.))
    Last edited by Jenshai; Mar 24th, 2008 at 21:18:59.

((Where's part 3? Hmm? ))
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Lumen Orien

[[*sits and waits* Hurry hurry hurry! We cant take it we want more pheyphey!]]
    Tresa "Cylie" Burke

(( I'm sorry RL has been kicking my butt... I'll post it tonight! *pinkie swears.* ))

Part 3

A few days had passed, and Caitie kept her usual cheerful self. She was curled up in Pheyed’s lap watching her fiddle with the back of one of the consoles she was repairing. She quietly eyed the people as they passed, her unmoving head resting on Pheyed’s knee. It was the time of day where Caitie would usually take a nap, waiting for Pheyed to finish her work. She wasn’t tired today though, she had spent most of the morning doing the same thing she was now. So she had plenty of unspent energy, however she just sat there lazily watching the crowds go by. She would occasionally look up when a spark would fly from the back of the panel Pheyed was working on.

“Sparks mean something is working…” Pheyed would always mutter to herself while narrowly avoiding the small burst of electricity. She was working hard, one could even say she was ignoring Caitie. Truthfully that wasn’t her intent though, she had always gotten caught up in her work however. Caitie followed another customer with her eyes, to the medical terminal, then out the door once more.

She sat and stared out the door wanting to go play outside. Quietly she looked up at Pheyed once more, whom continued to ignore her. Just as she set her head back down on Pheyed’s leg, the solitus man from that night walked in. Caitie followed the man like the other people before him, at first she didn’t realize who he was. As he walked up to the banking terminal, she noticed the bandages on both his hands as he started pressing button. Caitie didn't feel right, and sniffed at the air. Caitie began growling before she had even realized what was going on, she recognized the scent from that night.

This caught Pheyed’s attention, for Caitie rarely growled, and she peered from behind the terminal whispering softly. “What’s wrong Kate?” She looked about the crowded shop, not knowing exactly what was the matter. Caitie continued to growl, the man deaf to the leet from the noise of the crowd, continued his interaction with the bank.

“That him, Pheyphey!” She paused her growl, talking softly to Pheyed. She struggled to follow the leets vision through the small crowd around the banking terminal. “W-Who… Wha?” She responded confused. Caitie jumped from Pheyed’s lap, walking out next to the terminal. “That bad man!” She nosed towards the man at the terminal. Pheyed was still thoroughly confused, but obviously knew that this was something serious to Caitie, so she dealt with it as such and stood up from behind the terminal.

Pheyed made her way through the small gathering, tapping what she thought to be the man that Caitie was talking about on the back.

(( As usual, excuse spelling, punctuation, random words, double meaning, etc. ))

(( Next part will be soon, pending I get over this cold ))
    Last edited by Caitie; Mar 28th, 2008 at 14:40:44.

((Hope you get well soon Can't wait for the next part.))
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Lumen Orien

((Gotta love it, hehe. PheyPhey is soooo cute ...I mean, the way Kate says it, hehe.))
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu