Thread: Well then...

Well then...

It seems I can stay away Not sure if anyone will remember me im a pretty casual player and not noted for anything special except playing an NT threw the really dark days and refusing to stop lol. I can't seem to get away from AO, and wanted to see how things are with the merge look forward to being back!

Wb, NTs are pretty awesome now

WB You'll find NTs have become pretty uber if you have the right setup and breed (nano)
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Got the breed.. set up is a work in progress though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Wb, NTs are pretty awesome now
    Why do you think? NTs are pretty boring and SOOO static, compared to Aion sorcerers or GW2, it is HUGE difference, keybinding is in AO totally useless, it is joke feature, because NTs arent like fixers, advs,enfs,shades...who just facerolled their keyboard and killed something in 2-3 secs.
    You can use only one nuke and WAIT for recharge to use something else, thats why NT is for me so static and boring like hell. 1st you have to spam CB if you want to perk someone then what? LE spam under nbg or dot+iu/DM while you are under ns2...o wait, you cant because your target is already away while you stay self-rooted, but you were lucky that you casted NS2 and some fixer didnt block your ncu tho. Dont forget blind helps you to evade even good AR setups, but dont try it on someone with 110% blind resist. I could continue, but you got the picture.
    Where is so called "nanoweaving" ?
    How can you say that NT is awesome? Well, NTs are awesome for pve raids.This is my opinion about NTs, check this: NT pvp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svZqDZo_Iqo (spam le nuke moar and run while you cant cast anything else) and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piDlBvZflz8 (spam 20 different skills in less than 30 sec and think what you are doing).
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Yeah I got the picture, NT pvp was too difficult for you, you prefer spamming 20 skills in 30 seconds. However I (and probably no one else) am not interested in theorycraft or a video of a generic post-le triple spamming on lowbies mediocre player in the battle station.

Go figure NTs are weak 1v1 against certain profs and can't survive being outnumbered on their own, that's true for pretty much every other prof ingame.

Ah Darkirbiska1, welcome back from ebay.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Go figure NTs are weak 1v1 against certain profs and can't survive being outnumbered on their own, that's true for pretty much every other prof ingame.
    I wonder why everyone plays fixer, even their moms play fixer and not so awesome NT... figure it out yourself.
    cheers
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    Why do you think? NTs are pretty boring and SOOO static, compared to Aion sorcerers or GW2, it is HUGE difference, keybinding is in AO totally useless, it is joke feature, because NTs arent like fixers, advs,enfs,shades...who just facerolled their keyboard and killed something in 2-3 secs.
    You can use only one nuke and WAIT for recharge to use something else, thats why NT is for me so static and boring like hell. 1st you have to spam CB if you want to perk someone then what? LE spam under nbg or dot+iu/DM while you are under ns2...o wait, you cant because your target is already away while you stay self-rooted, but you were lucky that you casted NS2 and some fixer didnt block your ncu tho. Dont forget blind helps you to evade even good AR setups, but dont try it on someone with 110% blind resist. I could continue, but you got the picture.
    Where is so called "nanoweaving" ?
    How can you say that NT is awesome? Well, NTs are awesome for pve raids.This is my opinion about NTs, check this: NT pvp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svZqDZo_Iqo (spam le nuke moar and run while you cant cast anything else) and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piDlBvZflz8 (spam 20 different skills in less than 30 sec and think what you are doing).
    Even after some much needed time away, your posts are still a train-wreck. Go and play an Aion sorcerer if it's so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    I wonder why everyone plays fixer, even their moms play fixer and not so awesome NT... figure it out yourself.
    cheers
    Everyone plays fixer cause it's the flavor of the month, nothing else. A well played NT will put to shame any fixer, anytime. And NT gameplay is far from boring. It actually requires more skill to play an NT and be successfull then almost any other prof. Why? Because gamplay is completly different. You need to be aware of your own cooldowns, you need to know when to perk and how to debuff. Take an enfo for example. Their entire alpha can be binded to a single button. I use 5 hotbars on my NT and have a single keybind, lol. It does Blind+perk root+perk debuffs.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Fontane View Post
    You need to be aware of your own cooldowns, you need to know when to perk and how to debuff. I use 5 hotbars on my NT ....
    Same goes for Aion sorcerers, to know what to use and when you have to use it, but every skill has its own cooldown and it is not same for all. Because there isn't global cooldown for every skill, pvp in aion is much faster, it will force you to learn how to keybind, you have to be very fast, because even enemy who runs out of your range can interrupt your skill, casting skills while running, jumping, pvp in air, etc. just dynamic and you have to be very carefull what you are going to use, there are a bit different rules and Aion is more skill dependent than AO anyway and that's just because of everything what I have already said.

The idea of "nanoweaving" for NTs was a bit similar to how it works in Aion:

"Local Cooldown" (mark this, it's going to be used a lot in the coming times), that is cooldown that only restricts a single nano or line of nanos, is going to play a major part in how we're going to work in the future. So, now we are going to be able to do more things at once, such as cast absorbs/shields/roots/calms and keep on nuking while they recharge in the background. Seems someone did listen all those years after all (or some NT got hired ).
    source: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=567951
    I expected that afte 2 years they finally made it, seems they didn't.

For NTs, it is like use CB (sometimes 2x) to be able to perk someone, then just 2 ways: le nuke spammer with blind+NBG,dot-IU or NS2-dot/IU-nbg, of course + perk for both cases, but thats all. NT is very good vs 1v1, but where is 1v1 pvp anyway? I forgot to even count how many dudes perked nr8 and wanted to duel me lol! Yeah, fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post
    Go and play an Aion sorcerer if it's so much better.
    Guess what I logged on and played after boring BS in AO...only downside of Aion is "twinking", there still isn't game which could offeres so complex twinking like in AO. It is not about towers, it is only about the feeling that you were able to make something what others considered to be impossible and even without tower buffs.

But ok, it seems that you know only AO and pvp with NT is for you a lot of fun, I had luck to test 2 different games. I don't say that Aion is better, I just say that pvp as NT after playing aion sorcerer is too boring and slow, it doesn't require to have very good reflexes at all.

"cough" nano-weaing "coug".....

nt nobrain prof. herp derp tripple herp derp soloscore herp derp lol im so good at pvp.

You have to forgive Biska. He had a break from the game after playing it non-stop, upto 18 hours per day, for 5 years. He has "I've realised there's life outside of AO" syndrome which has been done to death in the previous decade. One of the symptoms of this condition is coming back to the forums and bragging about your discoveries, as if everyone reading hasn't yet seen the light. What I find funny, though, is that the best thing he's found in the outside world is Aion. Talk about trading one waste of time for another. I just hope he doesn't discover girls, money and cars, else he really will be preaching with a passion.

Let's stop this or I'll go all Anarinna on you.
    The Red Brotherhood

Everyone plays fixer cause it's the flavor of the month, nothing else. A well played NT will put to shame any fixer, anytime. And NT gameplay is far from boring. It actually requires more skill to play an NT and be successfull then almost any other prof. Why? Because gamplay is completly different. You need to be aware of your own cooldowns, you need to know when to perk and how to debuff. Take an enfo for example. Their entire alpha can be binded to a single button. I use 5 hotbars on my NT and have a single keybind, lol. It does Blind+perk root+perk debuffs.
    I think flavor of the month no longer applies to a game 10 plus years old.

Pre-trox fixers there were atrox ranged advies and 1he/1hb enfos. FOTM still applies. Lucky for it, it changes once every 2-5 years or so

PS: I don't like the ideea of turning this game into a wow copy, with global cooldowns and right-clickable armors, 5 second roots and whatever....People who play the game have adapted to the game mechanics and love it for exactly this reason.
    If FC turns this into WOW mechanics, trust me, it's the death of AO as predicted. Any dedicated AO player who has read the rebalance notes and actually likes them, is a fool. (unless you're an MP and have no choice but to like everything that's tossed your way)
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

..People who play the game have adapted to the game mechanics and love it for exactly this reason.
    yes i'm sure everyone that plays this game loves 30 minute snares...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    yes i'm sure everyone that plays this game loves 30 minute snares...
    That's why your a noob if you don't carry snare/root breaker consumables. Lrn2play and complain less.

Quote Originally Posted by mishikato View Post
    That's why your a noob if you don't carry snare/root breaker consumables. Lrn2play and complain less.
    Sorry Lazy but....what this guy said, it's true.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2