Thread: ARGH!! Fix the MP's Mezz Pet!!!!

Angry ARGH!! Fix the MP's Mezz Pet!!!!

This is insane. I've been killed just as I was about to level by this buggy pet...I refuse to use them any more.
    Those of you who don't know...Metas have a third pet class....a mezz pet. Problem is, when the mezz wears off, you suddenly take all the damage that you would have if the mob had not been mezzed....all at once!!!!!! So, one sec you are at full health, the next, BANG....a whole list of damage messages and you are dead.

Look, it's bad enough we have to deal with pathetic pet pathing (and flying pets that get stuck on tables), but can we at least have them all WORK as advertised???

I'm not asking for a lot here. I lost a lot of XP before I finally discovered what the problem was by looking at logs and talking to other MP's. It can't be THAT hard to fix....it's not a major issue....probably nothing more than a typo in the code. Next patch maybe???? Or the one after??? Please???
    "Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."

i thought that was standard behavior

I have seenwhat you mention, and just thought it was a lag well.

I try and kill my mobs so quickly that mezz never works correctly

can FC comment on mezz, give a definition, and if they are working correctly?

Thanks
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Same thing has happened to me several times now. Only thing is, sometimes I don't even get the damage messages. I'll be standing there nuking one target in tandem with the attack pet while the Mezz pet is doing it's thing on the other. All of a sudden, BAM, I'm dead with no warning. It mostly happens if the healpet is not on you. If the healpet is on me I sometimes drop all the way to zero health (again no warning) then shoot back up to about 3/4. If the healpet isn't on me, I might see a string of damage messages, panic and get the healpet on me, and then get healed almost as quickly as the damage was done.

I was in a team with a guildmate last night while the mez pet was on one mob and we were attacking another. All of a sudden I get hit for 70, 169, 71, and then I'm dead ( I have close to 2k HP at level 41 and was full health). My teammate says "wtf, you only got hit three times?".

It seems to be a sync issue or an error in the code somewhere. The opposite has happened sometimes when I play my Fixer. I hit q and burst and an entire string of messages of the damage I will do to the mob for the entire fight will scroll by. Then I just stand there and hope I don't die while the mob continues to fight with no health left for about 5 minutes. Either way, I've lost over 70k experience points in the last 3 days due to these mysterious damage issues.
    Slyykie - 200+ Shade
    Slyyk - 200+ Fixer

Members of Alphastrike
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sarcasm rules! Go prance around in the forest you silly pixie.

I never use the mez pet in team situations

Because of this and other issues, I never use the mez pet in team situations. Sometimes I bring him out if I am a team with a heavy damage dooer, because we can often kill the MOB before the damage delay stops.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Sounds like you may also be experiencing lag. And luck, since for most it seems that the heal pet cannot heal fast enough to keep them alive when the mezz bug strikes.
    I've simply been warning every MP I see using one about the problem. None of the people in my guild use them, since we are all aware of the problem.
    It just annoys me that Funcom doesn't at least post a warning about these things, or better yet, remove them from the game until they work.
    "Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."

I've also noticed a slight workaround to this problem. When a mob gets mezzed and the little halo disapears, if the mob continues to not move you move to a diferrent room. This apparently forces the mob to react and chase you without getting the phantom damage.

Also, putting the mez and attack pet on one mob. If the mob stops moving and doesn't attack either pet for about 3 seconds you need to nuke/debuff/run/whatever. A moving mob is a controllable mob. Basically, if my something-seems-a-bit-odd-all-of-a-sudden-o-meter goes off I leave the room.
    Slyykie - 200+ Shade
    Slyyk - 200+ Fixer

Members of Alphastrike
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sarcasm rules! Go prance around in the forest you silly pixie.

Basically, if my something-seems-a-bit-odd-all-of-a-sudden-o-meter goes off I leave the room.
    ROFL

I need one of those. Im the guy in the Bugs Bunny cartoons that sticks his head in the cannon, every freaking time....
    Quinn Erorr Cratty

Quinn glares, "You have failed me for the last time Janitor Bob!"