Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Changing of the Guard

A Changing of the Guard

For me, this is a day of mixed emotions.

On the one hand, I'm stepping down from my position as Community Manager. I've followed Anarchy Online since it was in beta, and it was a real honor to be able to work on it, as well as Funcom's other projects. And going through the past few months with you guys has been a real treat. AO is well-loved here within the office, and working with Sil and the rest of the guys has been a real treat.

However, I'm not leaving Funcom entirely. I'm shifting to a new position within the marketing department to focus on creative things. And I intend to continue playing AO, even pwning some of you n00bs every now and then, on the increasingly rare occasion of me having free time.

Taking my spot will be Oliver "Tarib" Kunz, who has been busy working with the German community and will now take over here on the English forums. He's already been easing into his new role, talking to Sil daily, and monitoring all the forums and stuff I used to do on a daily basis. I wish you all well, and I will be gunning for hawt new PVP titles, so keep an eye out.

Since early 2007, I’ve been working at Funcom as the German community manager and I really enjoyed being there for our German community. It’s been a huge pleasure and I’ve met and worked with many incredibly nice people. My chance to “oversee” the English community means that I won’t be around for the German community as much as before. But don’t worry, we will have a great new German Community Manager for you guys very soon. Until then, I’m still there for you.

Pharamond will be dearly missed, I know. But he promised to be back in-game every once in a while so we don’t have to live completely without his witty remarks.

Now I’m really looking forward to enter the English AO community and serving as one of your direct connections to Funcom and the developers. Not much will change for you, though. We still have the same experienced and keen moderators and community staff and I will try to continue the great work Pharamond did on these fourms. You guys sure are an interesting lot and I’m looking forward to working with you in the future.

i hear one can get free cookies in here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarib View Post
    You guys sure are an interesting lot and I’m looking forward to working with you in the future.

And hopefully meeting some of us at DragonCon the way we met Pharamond last year.

Welcome Tarib!!
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

ibtl
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Sad to see you stepping down Pharamond but gratz on the new posting.
    And welcome to the new blood Tarib, hope you enjoy your stay.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Comon guys, this is the second community manager we've had step down in the past year. QUIT SCARING OFF OUR SOURCES OF INFORMATION!
    -Ashram 202 ish fixer on rimor- Proud owner of Manta A.V.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashram View Post
    Comon guys, this is the second community manager we've had step down in the past year. QUIT SCARING OFF OUR SOURCES OF INFORMATION!
    how true

Lets see how long it takes to break this one
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

From what I have seen Germans didn't even warmed him up...

Anyway, welcome

Now let's break you in:
    Does this mean foreign language is allowed here now (I know some German guild had some problems with recruiting in *gasp* Deutch)?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pharamond View Post
    For me, this is a day of mixed emotions.

On the one hand, I'm stepping down from my position as Community Manager. I've followed Anarchy Online since it was in beta, and it was a real honor to be able to work on it, as well as Funcom's other projects. And going through the past few months with you guys has been a real treat. AO is well-loved here within the office, and working with Sil and the rest of the guys has been a real treat.

However, I'm not leaving Funcom entirely. I'm shifting to a new position within the marketing department to focus on creative things. And I intend to continue playing AO, even pwning some of you n00bs every now and then, on the increasingly rare occasion of me having free time.

Taking my spot will be Oliver "Tarib" Kunz, who has been busy working with the German community and will now take over here on the English forums. He's already been easing into his new role, talking to Sil daily, and monitoring all the forums and stuff I used to do on a daily basis. I wish you all well, and I will be gunning for hawt new PVP titles, so keep an eye out.
    Sorry to see you go, good luck in your new position!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Talking

Since early 2007, I’ve been working at Funcom as the German community manager and I really enjoyed being there for our German community. It’s been a huge pleasure and I’ve met and worked with many incredibly nice people. My chance to “oversee” the English community means that I won’t be around for the German community as much as before. But don’t worry, we will have a great new German Community Manager for you guys very soon. Until then, I’m still there for you.

Pharamond will be dearly missed, I know. But he promised to be back in-game every once in a while so we don’t have to live completely without his witty remarks.

Now I’m really looking forward to enter the English AO community and serving as one of your direct connections to Funcom and the developers. Not much will change for you, though. We still have the same experienced and keen moderators and community staff and I will try to continue the great work Pharamond did on these fourms. You guys sure are an interesting lot and I’m looking forward to working with you in the future.
    Welcome aboard Her Tarib!! ... will you be chasing our Opifex frauleins?
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharamond View Post
    For me, this is a day of mixed emotions..........
    Can I have your stuff???

Good luck with your new endeavors. It is always good to mix it up a little, keeps real life from getting boring. Also has the passive benefit of padding resumes with different experiences, thus making you more valuable and commanding a pay raise.

Always a good thing

btw, I totally envy you guys for getting to work with something that I love to play.
    Linkee 220/21 Omni, Atrox Fixer

The first to not be first at anything....

Moin Tarib,

gratz zur neuen stelle
    viel spaß und erfolg wünsch ich dir

Heya Tarib,

congratulations to your new position
    i wish you lots of fun and success

gz & welcome
    blah

Grats on the new position and sad to see ya go Pharamond...still wondering tho.. is that Phara as in Pharamones and Mounds put together?

con'grats Tarib
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

*hugs Phara* Enjoy the new position! I wondered where you'd gone off to I'm just remembering you on the Party Bus

Congrats Tarib!

Kamikaze "Danibunkins" Advy
    Title Level: 7 AI Level: 19 Adventurer
    Proud General of Sentinels on Atlantean

Noted. Have fun.

*Gets a moment of dawning horror.*

"Hey, I never did give you my list of complaints and changes to be made immediately!"
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    I'm just remembering you on the Party Bus
    We already have some legendary material on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    Congrats Tarib!
    Thanks.

We already have some legendary material on that.
    I can kill you with my mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast