Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [ALL] OTPC: The terrorist: Harland “Retoolkit” Brigetty Arrested!

[ALL] OTPC: The terrorist: Harland “Retoolkit” Brigetty Arrested!

The terrorist: Harland “Retoolkit” Brigetty Arrested!
    February 26, 29482 - [Global]

OTPC - This past weekend, Omni-Tek forces suddenly found themselves under attack, by a rogue robotic army, lead by the madman Harland “Retoolkit” Brigetty, in a futile act of terror against the peace loving Omni-Tek corporation.

During the start of the conflict, the madman’s robot slaves inflicted several casualties amongst the local Omni-Pol guards, as well as nearby civilians, who all get targeted by these defective automatons.

Before long, this army of madness approached the satellite dish with the intent to destroy it, regardless of what horrors it could inflict. Yet, it appears that the terrorist had not accounted for the superior strength of the Unicorn Company forces, stationed at the dish.

In a manner of minuets, the unicorn forces easily dismantled the automatons, and sent them back to whatever junkyard they came from. This left the madman, Retoolkit, no alternative but to surrender to authorities.

Afterwards, an Omni-Pol official issued the following statement:

“We have been watching this Brigetty and his assistant Miss Hollister for quite some time. Though they have claimed that these robots were manufactured for the sole purpose of defending Borealis from alien attacks, then their recent actions have revealed their true intentions.”

“Harland “Retoolkit” Brigetty and his accomplice Pennelope “Tinkerbots” Hollister, has in the recent past lead protests against Omni-Tek, created countless anti Omni-Tek graffiti slogans as well as holding public speeches, with the sole purpose of leading a rebellion against Omni-Tek’s liberation efforts in Borealis.”

“Both of these people wanted Omni-Tek security forces out of Borealis by any means necessary, as displayed by the attempthed assassination against Administrator Lonare. Now we have this terrorist in custody and we are close to locating his accomplice Miss Hollister, presumed to be in hiding. Her arrest will happen in the near future”

OTPC has been informed, that Harland “Retoolkit” Brigetty has been detained by Omni-Pol. After ended interrogation, it is likely that he is to be reformed, after having served his sentence. Only time will tell if his re-education is successful, in order to be safely returned to society.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC View Post
    the peace loving Omni-Tek corporation.
    *chuckles*

*looks down at his speakphone*

Oops.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

It's sad to see him put away in jail, but walking through Borealis and kill every guards you see is not the way to go!
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

I would like to know why is Miss Hollister is wanted for this, when she wasn't anywhere near the scene or involved. I would say this is a clear abuse of power. It looks to me like Omni is upset because they forces in Borealis got upstaged by some bots. And there is no proof there was an assassination attempt on Jessy life.

Also since when is reform allowed to brainwash anyone they want too.
    Strange someone like Portman wasn't reformed, but Mr. Brigetty is going to be? I think it's time ICC steps in and teaches omni a lesson in human rights. Or does omni plan on reforming all the neutral citizens in Borealis.

She's likely being held as an accessory to the crime since she helped build the robots are supported Retoolkit's cause. failing any direct evidence, i'm sure Plausible deniability will be enough to get her off the hook for the robot attack on the city.

Foosballx, is reformation really that much punishment? surely in the eyes of Omni-tek it would be less punishing then being imprisoned, as you get a clean(ish) slate and relative freedom once its over (Relative to Omni-Tek employee's anyway), where as imprisonment you are just stuck in a jail, no prospects, little to no company etc etc.

I never really met the man so I can't really say what he did or didn't do nor what he does or doesn't deserve, but the way I see it, he could have a lot worse things done to him than reformation.

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    Also since when is reform allowed to brainwash anyone they want too.
    Strange someone like Portman wasn't reformed, but Mr. Brigetty is going to be?
    Re-Education is standard in corrections. Portman would have been reformed, just as Mr. Brigetty will be; at the end of the sentence. Ms. Portman was broken out of Jail, preventing re-education from occurring.

I think it's time ICC steps in and teaches omni a lesson in human rights. Or does omni plan on reforming all the neutral citizens in Borealis.
    Be mindful of your words, Minister Cross. Such wild and wanton statements can undermine the creditability of your office.

ICC are already investigating what omni do in Borealis though...
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

I'm sure Mr. Brigetty would like to remember who his friends and family are.
    Is it Omni-Tek's right to pick and choose what memories a person is allowed to have, or what they are allowed to believe. Is it right for anyone to create slaves? Is it right for Omni-Tek to forcibly create model employees? If that's the case then maybe Omni should reform everyone on the planet, then their would be no war.

I'm sure Mr. Brigetty would like to remember who his friends and family are.
    Is it Omni-Tek's right to pick and choose what memories a person is allowed to have, or what they are allowed to believe. Is it right for anyone to create slaves? Is it right for Omni-Tek to forcibly create model employees? If that's the case then maybe Omni should reform everyone on the planet, then their would be no war.
    I wasn't aware that you were on the Omni-Reform Re-Education Board that will determine what treatments Mr. Brigetty will receive.

Shall the public cry for full disclosure from you?

Well maybe the public should cry for full disclosure. I mean this isn't an Omni-Tek employee, pretty sure he didn't sign away his rights to be reformed.
    As far as I knew, reform was only set for Omni-Tek employees. I guess I was wrongly informed.

Well maybe the public should cry for full disclosure. I mean this isn't an Omni-Tek employee, pretty sure he didn't sign away his rights to be reformed.
    As far as I knew, reform was only set for Omni-Tek employees. I guess I was wrongly informed.
    As I said previously, Omni-Reform is a piece of the whole that is the Corporate Corrections Policy.

Mr. Brigetty signed away his rights when he willing attacked Omni-Tek Resources in Borealis. Corporate Law was violated, and as the old slogan goes, Justice is Faction Blind.

Omni-Tek's Disclosure Policy is not in question here, Minister, yours is. Ask any member of the Corporation and they will tell you, "Justice will be dealt." That is the Corporation's stance on criminals, it always has been, and it always will be.

Regardless of how anyone feels about the initial incident, "Retoolkit's" actions here must be not be condoned or excused by any faction. Doing so supports vigilante justice and anarchy not the rule of law or respect for public order. If anything those on his "side" should be expressing remorse at his actions and aiming to distance themself from him, not trying to point fingers at Omni-Tek.

This action was clearly premeditated, anyone at Borealis during the speech heard his malicious cries, promising vengeance. I have to wonder; why exactly is the Foreign Relations Minister of Newland supporting this? Is this Newland's official stance? Am I correct in my understanding that Newland condones attacks on Omni-Tek?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    is reformation really that much punishment? surely in the eyes of Omni-tek it would be less punishing then being imprisoned, as you get a clean(ish) slate and relative freedom once its over (Relative to Omni-Tek employee's anyway), where as imprisonment you are just stuck in a jail, no prospects, little to no company etc etc.
    Is mental tampering that much of a punishment? Are you smoking something? Its a violation of a human body that no one should ever be allowed to do. No one should have the right to exact chemical and biological punishment on anyone, even the worst of criminals. Not only is a violation of the body, but you render the victim to a state of enforced submission. Its morally wrong, and ethically an abomination.

What you call reformation I call **** . You have a law or a punishment for ****, don't you? Since when is **** a much more desirable circumstance than incarceration? Lawyer me that, and the only answer you will receive is my sword.

Or, if i were as heartless as the people who condone this sorta garbage... ask yourself whats so damn wonderful about waving a magic wand and POOF no longer held accountable for your actions?? There is wrong on so many levels of this... thing.. you call progress, I can't even call people who defend it -human- anymore.

-----
    (edit DISCLAIMER ooc: wow, i have no idea the filter killed the word I used. Its a strong one, but lets just say that the 4 letter word in question is synonymously used as sexual abuse. I wont rewrite this because it obviously interferes with the system in place to avoid such harsh use of the english language, but let me assure you the seriousness is there and thats why i mentioned it so IC. I'd ask to please not have this post deleted because althought the filter caught it, it would take away from the purity of the RP. Thank you.)
    -----
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Feb 27th, 2008 at 00:28:30.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I'd like to know what you're basing your opinion of reform on. What're your sources? What articles? I'm not saying the factual information you've provided is incorrect, I'd merely like to see where you got it from. Then I will make that determination.

As for the rest of your statement; I agree that Reform isn't something I would wish on most people. I think it is a very strict punishment, to violate someone's mental sanctity. However, in this case, I fail to see how it is unwaranted. He personally made an army of robots and openly attacked Omni-Tek personnel. How else are they supposed to prevent him from doing this again?

I ask you, what do you think is better, that he go through reform, or he spend the rest of his life in prison?

Remember, the debate here isn't whether reform is moral. The topic of discussion is what this man did. Let the Neutrals and the Clanners try to detract from his actions and obfuscate the truth, but ultimately his actions will still have taken place no matter what circuses they conjure up to lure our attention away.
    Last edited by Lysandrel; Feb 27th, 2008 at 00:53:56.

I never once said or inferred that I in anyway condone the actions of Mr. Brigetty.
    My only concerned is the type or amount of re-education he will receive. Should he a stander form of re-education eg. watching information videos on why it's not good to attack Omni, that is one thing; however, should he come out not knowing family members or friends, or worse off he comes back into society as a model employee of Omni-Tek, then a serious investigation would be in order.

As far as the thing he was shouting at the so called speech, I'm shocked and appalled anyone would stoop as low to use that against him, considering the situation he was in, on seeing his best friend shot down, and almost dying. I think anyone seeing someone they care about being almost killed would react in shouting many obscenities.

Also Omni-Pol Official's comments there is absolutely no concrete evidence in there being an attempted assassination against Administrator Lonare.
    This is clearly an example of Omni-Tek and possible abuse of power poorly handling of a situation.

So your claim is that it is stooping "low" to use someone's shouted threats in public before acting as proof of pre-meditation of the crime? That is a ridiculous notion.

You are simply trying to detract from the situation at hand, and somehow turn this into an Omni-Hate Fest. Give it time, you'll get another chance soon enough, but in this particular discussion you're better off just condemning his actions and moving on.

No the problem is Omni-Tek trying to paint a man with no priors, as a terrorist, instead of a man who was at the end of his rope and made a bad decision.

retoolkits actions were wrong but really you need to look into his state of mind at the time.

this is a man hit by grief for watching his friend who is one of the most non-violent person on RK be shot at (and I know it was not a lethal shot but shot she was).

I believe his actions should be punished, but also re-formation is going too far. This man needs proper time with a doctor of mental health so his mental wounds can heal.

I believe there was a old Earth law that took the defendants state of mind into account when giving justice.

But seeing the words "Retoolkit" and "terrorist" is the same heading made me laugh as much as "peace loving" and "Omni-Tek" did.
    Alexanderw 220/17 Opi MA Current setup work in progress.

You make it sound like it was a split second poor decision that was made, like he suddenly decided to attack Borealis, and tada, robots appeared. A decision is one particular instance in which a choice is made, but the attack came 6 days after he swore it would occur publically. He probably spent all of that time preparing for it, building more robots, recalibrating them for the attack, and then plotting how to do it.

You make it sound like he was an innoculus man until Omni-tek "provoked" this sort of response. That's simply not the case. 6 days of meticulous planning proves otherwise. He even knew that his friend was going to be okay (in theory, maybe he didn't bother to check); so how exactly are we supposed to view his actions?

Your attempts to paint him as a victim who made a poor choice really don't fit the situation. Anyone who heard him screaming his threats followed by 6 days of plotting can see that this was a series of decisions, and a concerted effort, not one little mistake.

Those in a "mentally unfit" state are not capable of such preparation or waiting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast