Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Black Market - From Envisioned List

Re: Re: Re: This probally wont get read but...

Originally posted by Garzu

Im sorry, but only Nano breed will have access to Jobe.
    You do know there are some nano breed Fixers and every other class for that matter.

In any case I see nothing wrong with Jobe being nano breed only and I also see nothing wrong with blackmarket being fixer only.

I'd like each class and/or breed to have something special that is just "theirs".

I picked a fixer because I like to play "rogue/shady" type classes and that was the closest thing that AO had. Anything that helps me to fit into that catagory better is a plus to me.
    ~Ghale
    Clan Fixer
    RK1

~Parenchyma
    Clan MP
    RK1

~Ghalee
    Clan Fixer
    RK2

Originally posted by Khiro
    I belive that if you do get cought with the item from the BM it iwll be lost. Gone, *poff*. But this would be for the fixer that bought the item, once it has been handed to the buyer, it would be safe and be at the reclaim booth when you die, just like all other items of your belongings.

I do however think that it should be a NODROP or something similar. Now I guess some of you are thinkning, "How to transfer a NODROP item. It can't be done" True. It can't, but the item shouldn't be NODROP until equipped. Like when you pick NODROP's from store terms or from mobs/chests.
    How about letting the buyer make it personal before they can use it? You can already personalize your lockpick, and probably some other items, making it somewhat different than it was.

Nova Flow - Mk V
    One of the weapons in the well-known plasma series. The weapon is still in its box and has not been personalized. It looks like it might have fallen off the back of a truck.
    Inscription on box: This weapon must be personalized at the retailer to be activated. For ages 9 and up.
    Range 20m
    Attack Delay 1.5s
    Equip Delay 0.5s
    Ammo 20
    Recharge Delay 2.5s
    Damage 1-1(1)
    DefSkills Dodge 100
    To Wield AssaultRifle 264
    To Wield LR_EnergyWeapon 176
    To Wield Burst 228
    To Wield FlingShot 163
    Damage type Radiation

You use your extracted ID-thingy (can't remember the name) on this one and you get:

Personal Nova Flow - Mk V
    One of the weapons in the well-known plasma series. This is your personal weapon, it has your name on it.
    NODROP
    Range 20m
    Attack Delay 1.5s
    Equip Delay 0.5s
    Ammo 20
    Recharge Delay 2.5s
    Damage 5-130(167)
    DefSkills Dodge 100
    To Wield AssaultRifle 264
    To Wield LR_EnergyWeapon 176
    To Wield Burst 228
    To Wield FlingShot 163
    Damage type Radiation

The 1st version is 'hot', the 2nd is not.

/G13

Use a

Bacterial container with built in incubator
    Can be used to permanently change the damage type of a weapon to Disease. The device also lowers the damage of the weapon and decrease the range. Can be attached to most Melee and long range weapons.
    This device is outlawed by ICC and Omni-Tek
    To use Pharmatech 347
    To use Weaponsmith 204

On a

OT MPS-00 Police shotgun
    The police shotgun is a simple shotgun capable of fireing bursts. Range is pretty poor but firepower is pretty high.
    Range 12m
    Attack delay 2.46s
    Equip delay 5.5s
    Ammo 36
    Recharge delay 2.49
    Damage 2-68 (75)
    Defskills Duck 100
    Atkskills Shotgun 100
    To Wield Shotgun 134
    To Wield Burst 102

And you get a

Illicit OT MPS-00 Police shotgun
    The police shotgun is a simple shotgun capable of fireing bursts. Range is pretty poor but firepower is pretty high. This weapon has been modified to do disease damage
    Range 10m
    Attack delay 2.46s
    Equip delay 5.5s
    Ammo 36
    Recharge delay 2.49
    Damage 1-63 (70)
    Defskills Duck 100
    Atkskills Shotgun 100
    To Wield Shotgun 134
    To Wield Burst 102

The Bacterial container is illegal. The modified version of the gun might be illeagal but there is no way to tell that it is Ilegal, unless you get caught or fire on a guard.

/G13

Wow, that is some nice research, and even nicer ideas! Listen up Funcom! I think Gene has it!
    Serofina - Currently in the process of revival after a nasty incident with some uber leets. We're still looking for her head...

Teebo - Voted the most stylish person ever to grace Rubi-ka in a recent poll, organised by himself.

Official starter of the hugely succesful Blackmarket Thread!

Originally posted by Teknolord

Why?
    When did government and local official, PAPERMOVERS, go dodgy and use underworld contacts, markets etc?

bah..
    You'r not especially in touch with RL. are you?
    -=Vima - lvl211 Bureaucrat=-

**After all these years I still vividly remember the warm, Fuzzy feeling I got first time I ran into a room packed With lvl200 mobs and threw my AoE calm**

Talking totally laughable

Originally posted by Lupo
    You'r not especially in touch with RL. are you?
    In fact, I am.. And i work with politics..
    Dunno what screwed up idea you have of the world, but bureaucrats arent supposed to be doing illegal stuff... Fixers are, fixers are criminals.. IS this hard for you to understand?
    Using your arguements is like saying fixers should NOT have access to the black market, because there are people in the underground (irl) who doesnt do illegal things..
    Some docs sell illegal drugs or write unjustly prescriptions.
    Some Engineer create illegal stuff as bombs etc.
    Some ma's (ninjas) are used for hired killing and other illegalties.
    Some agents break laws in large scale to fullfill their tasks.
    Some soldiers break laws in war (****, stealing, killing innocents).
    Some enforcers are used as torpedos.
    NT's doesnt excist in real world.
    MP's doesnt either (or got no comparison)
    Some traders trade illegal stuff

Now, mr reality himself, you mean that every profession should have access to the BM?
    /me takes a lockpick and smacks Lupo in the head until he understands that the black market is intended for the profession who got the black market stated they are, in the MANUAL FOR THE PROFESSIONS...

I suggest you stop watching all those hollywood movies which obviously colors the idea of how the world is in your eyes....
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

hmmm

just been reading some of the posts here, and I have one thing to say about crat access to the blackmarket, and that is no. While I grant you that it could be usefull to know a crat to get you out of prison, surely it would be more usefull to know an omni-pol officer / clan guard type person, than some minor paper pusher? and yes, some crats will have underworld contacts and so will have access (via these contacts) to the Blackmarket. These contacts are called fixers and are already in the game (if you look carefully you might find one or two running around, tho they are dieing out). However a crat will NEVER go to the blackmarket. This is because, A) no one would trust them as they would not have a "rep" with the fixer community.
    B) they would lose their job and be thrown in jail if anyone found out, as they are respectable and trusted people.
    just my twopence worth

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Talking BM

Ok - Ive not read every post here, but heres my 2 pence:

The BM should move - that makes sence.
    Fixers should be the only peeps to access it all the time.
    A fixer NF that warps them to the BM, then to the grid on exit would do that nicely.

Other professions should be allowed in - BUT only if they find it. A single (or 2-3) location somewhere on the planet? Not very easy to find, especially if it moves every hour, or finds its home in remote locations.

This way everyone can use it, but fixers have a HUGE advantage over other profs. Feel the need to temper that? Then give traders a limited access nano, perhaps that can warp to an old location, or prevent a high access frequency.

There should definatly be rare, high ql, and bm only items - and with a price difference that means the fixer (and trader) can actually make cash with the items, unlike most trade skills.. It also means that fixers could sell their services finding items on request.

As a side bonus, high lvels player could hunt for BM, not that it should be easy to find - it should require luck

Last, the idea of a punishemnt is stupid. Theres an amnesty between clan and OT atm, but you dont see OT clan killers being jailed do you? The guards may attack, but thats a PvP combat issue, not a criminal issue.
    Please allow me to introduce you to the voices:

The voices, the voices! Stop the voices!

The voices are played by, in order of appearance:

Gragoneye - loveable, hugable, with a fondness for violence!
    Servivious - bitter, twisted and a little unhinged..
    Blindhealer - just a little bit out of her depth!

Proud to be First Order!!

Hi Servivious,

I have a couple of disagreements with your vision of how the BM should be (we all have our opinions, I guess)

I agree that the BM should be on the move.
    I dont think that it should be linked to a fixer NF... fixers and NFs just dont go well together. Foncom keep telling us that we are not casters, and so they should stop giving us stuff that requires more dark blue skills.
    on the fixer forums top ten list at the moment there is a mini discussion about an alternative, like a hackers lap top, which could be used maybe to control some of our summon nanos and potentially allow us to access the BM.

I dissagree that other professions should be allowed in, yes they may be able to find it, but I dissagree that they should have access at all.

imagine it, you find out who a drug supplier is... just because you find him does not mean that he is going to sell to you, he sells to his dealers and the dealers sell to you. no one cuts out the middle man, no one cuts out the fixers.
    we are the black market, everyone has access through us

its kinda like saying everyone should be able to use crat ties and suits and things (I dont think that they can? if they can then that is just silly). wearing a tie does not make you a crat, just as finding the BM does not make you part of it, or a fixer.

the punishment side of things is debatable. I want punishment because from an RP view of things it will be cool.. also funcom talk about balancing things against risk. the greater the risk, the greater the items.

although, with the un-envisioning (is that a word) of the penal system... I dont know how they would go about implimenting alot of the punishments people have come up with on this board

with letting people in...

My ideas jive well with the 'moving BM' thing... If people can find it fine, just don't expect anyone to sell you anything... The other example is someone swimming to Jobe. You might be able to do it, but would anything happen other than being chased by guards? I think theres a big difference between 'access' and 'effective use'. So the mobile, summonable (or griddable, if they can make the grid portion fixer only) would be cool.

Traders, 'crats, etc. are welcome to try to find it, for all the good it will do them

Love this thread :)

The jail thing is great and I think the blackmarket should only be available to fixers (and ima ADV) But... I want to go to jail too! I think there should be more crimes that you can go to jail for than selling illegal stuff. Maybe this has already been mentioned but I didnt read past 4th page as I'm very tired
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Cool Wow the threads on fire!

I've been away a couple of weeks and its great to see so much devts here.... here are my responses ( I know u have all been waiting for them!!! ;o )

1. Traders. NO. a trader is legit, a fixer is an illegal trader.
    End of story. if you want to be a dodgy trader, be a fixer.

2. Agents.. I dont see why FP agents couldn't TRY to use the BM.
    However, if the were caught ( BM guys / lookouts / whatever)
    They should be MASHED ( its the feds!!! a Stool pidgeon!!!
    bring the pliars and lets get medieval etc...)

3. Punishment. Why not another sort of punishment? You are
    caught doing illegal stuff, u r barred from doing legal stuff....
    EG you cant use Mission Terminals or shops computers (but
    maybe human traders will let you...) for X amount of time.
    Or even you cant insure for a while or insurance costs go up,
    exponentially as you are caught ( after all why should OT /
    Clans subsidise crims!!) The more times you are caught the
    higher your insurance multiplier will be.

Anyway think on all! JimmySav's back!!!!!
    JimmySav , Neutral Fixer RK-2
    "Jim'll Fix it for you...."

CEO Rubika Asset Management
    "Jimmy's back, and this time, its personal!"

Lightbulb BM is a moving-static dungeon

So how can the BM be moving ?
    That is the question we are all waiting an answer for uh ? Well I give a try here :

Have 1 NPC in each city and maybe some important outpost that if a Fixer asks him, will hand a BM mission to the current BM location. The mission will have a special key and a location, but no real objective nor reward of course.

The key would be duplicable but has to be Fix only.

The location of the BM could be any mission zone. Spawning it in a low level zone is of course very important, unless FC wants to somehow prevent the access of the BM before a given level.

The "mission" layout should be always the same. So it will be a kind of moving-static dungeon.

The BM will stay at the same location for maybe 48h then pop somewhere else if none is currently in the BM.
    Or it could just respawn after 1 hr if none came in it.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Hey Jimmy, I was wondering where you had been.
    good to see you again,

I like the idea of not being able to do illegal stuff for an amount of time, as punishment.
    it works in an RP was aswell
    since you are caught they have to check you out, make sure that your not working for 'the man'. and so you are untrusted for a while by your suppliers.

Gummiz, I just envisioned it to be moving because it would be an NPC that I would be trading with, rather than a stationary terminal.
    I'm still not keen on the idea of missions to access it.. but, alot of people are.

anyway, gots work to do

What you get with mission BM is something not far from a city and with its own design... I think that your very own moving bar with its own NPCs selling stuff like shop terminals would be quite neat.

Maybe I'll do a fixer twink soon.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

now then now then

hello boys and girls, jimmys back.

erm... i had something i wanted to post... what was it? erm... oh yeah. hi jimmy!

i kinda like the mission idea, moving-static dungeon what a fantastic phrase.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Oxymoron is the word you were looking for.

ahh... that'd be the word

true, but then someone would think i was flaming them.... and then call it lame excessivly verbose BS or something.

you making a fixer? would this be a beam wielding fixer?
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

I'd like to.

But I don't like so much playing many characters.
    So right now Enf is ok.

Some very good ideas here, just one thing from me, why a remote location? why would a load of fixers (shady underworld city dwelling guys and gals) suddenly decide to go for an away day to the seaside or whatever? Surely this would set alarm bells ringing in omni-pol and the Clan gaurds. The BM sould be based in the cities, not remote locations.

just my thoughts

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast