Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Black Market - From Envisioned List

Cool Ideas..

as one of my character is a clan fixer.. I think that the idea of being able to be killed while carring illegal items is bad.. I think that a fixer should have a nano. CONTACT MARKET. that way you can "order" things from the black market, or be able to find where the market is today.

for penalties - jail would be good, my be a zone that could be escaped from. like a mission field, you just have to find the way out. or have someone came in after you. I would not make it a a specific spot, like each town has their own prison. have the character that was caught arrive resurrect there. trying to sell an illegal item, would be caught with an item gets you in combat with nearby guards and/or shop keepers.. selling to players to close to guards will have guards attack.. have the radius for guard to notice vary, between ranks.

have fixers be able to communicate between clan and omni.. or have to go thru neutral fixers to get the others stuff..
    Always trust your friends.
    I'm your friend.
    Loan me money.
    Trust me.

Prison

An actual Prison would be nice, you see them everywhere... maybe you can serve time if you do something "bad"

Talking Prisons..

besides it could be a place for the fixes to actually get more info or items.. maybe a npc that can give them a better deal by doing favors, ie.. missions for him. maybe missions that allows the fixer to contact the BM in a town, or to be given a special item. something that makes it worth while to get caught once in a while, or the npc can return a part of the money they loose from getting busted. where as other pc's would have missiions to find him and drop him.
    Always trust your friends.
    I'm your friend.
    Loan me money.
    Trust me.

Black Market would be sweet. If Anarchy Online is supposed to be ANYTHING like the orignal Anarchy, it needs to have this bl;ack market. I remember the shadowrun games and they having fixers who had things such as weopon permets, posing lone star etc.
    Now it would be cool to have an item in the black market that allowed chars (agents idealy, ) to fp so to speak the differnt factions ( clan omni) and go into say enemy land and "spy" or carry out missions, etc in them.
    And i liked the iodea someoen said about docs getting access to drugs, and we all know in true anarchy, drugs would be all over the place, - I mean wouldnt it be cool if a doc could "prescribe" "medicinal" Marijuana. lol

fiveofclubs
    One of the things I've like about AO so far is that skillwise everyone has access to everything, you just have to be willing to spend the points on it. I think all proffesions should have access to the blackmarket. Why not make it a skill, fixers X1, and someone like MA maybe X3 or something. If you're willing to spend the points you get access to the illicit gear, if not, have someone get it for you...namely your fixer.

as this is your first post

ill go easy on ya

that wouldnt work mate, fixers need something that they can do that no one else can, at the moment its run away... still, this wont be implemented for 4 patches or so... MA fix, Agent fix, Bug fix, then maybe fixer fix, so we got time to shout at each other.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Talking Sick him whitey!!

Let the dogs go!!!!

"run 5 ,run!!!....... I'll hold him back for as long as I can...."

( but then he'll cast run-buff and catch up with you! yay! anutha fixers can do.... oh but wait when we catch you, you can kik the sh#t out of us.....)
    JimmySav , Neutral Fixer RK-2
    "Jim'll Fix it for you...."

CEO Rubika Asset Management
    "Jimmy's back, and this time, its personal!"

Hey, lets root him, pull that weird red thing over here and grid out.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

hey reel, you forgot about the adventure fix aswell and only 1 bug fix? I think 4 patches is optimistic

(damn, I wish I was joking... thats just depressing)

2 things envisioned for us and nothing in progress

so... I hope that 5 can see that if this goes even slightly non fixer then they have taken the only documented addition to fixers away from us (other than grid looks... of course, how could I forget those).
    everything else for us is just rumour and hear'say so we will fight for this one if necissary

just wanting 5 to know why they are about to be rooted and bursted to death by the few remaining fixers in rubika

oh god, you're right :(

after reading gaute's artical, i kinda get the feeling that tehy've done with the fixers. oh dear. oh dear oh dear. oh dear oh dear oh dear.
    so the blackmarket will be fixer only, or you've lost the entire class, then the economy will be screwed, becasue there will be no one to buff erm, no one to buff.... erm, sec <runs off>

<comes back> sneak attack! no one to buff sneak attack.

ok, so my revised estimate of fixer love is 6 patches : MAs, Agents, bug fix, Advents, NTs, bug fix, FIXER LOVE!!!!!!

i also get the idea that this is the super duperthing we were promised...

where was i? slightly tangental there....

oh yeah, must kill 5, must kill 5 <wanders off in a zombie state>
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Get this thread back on trak

right to recap...

1 Make it FIXER ONLY

2 make it USEFUL.
    make sure we can get erally cool stuff there. especially fixer cool stuff like special / rare SMGs and Grid Armour.
    Make other professions stuff available as well..... even if it is really expensive. NB they CANNOT use the market, but will need fixers to get it for them, but will be expensive as they are outside 'the underworld'

3 Make it happen SOON.
    its simple really, just set up shady NPC's as shops in all the citys.
    they will be really tuff witha couple of body guard NPCs hanging around. They will ignore everyone, unless a fixer cliks on them.
    If an agent false profs it, then ok, but give a chance the bodyguards will notice and attack him / her.
    you can develop the idea of the blak market once in game, but for petes sake we need the blackmarket NOW.
    JimmySav , Neutral Fixer RK-2
    "Jim'll Fix it for you...."

CEO Rubika Asset Management
    "Jimmy's back, and this time, its personal!"

Angry ....

"unless a fixer cliks on them.
    If an agent false profs it, then ok, but give a chance the bodyguards will notice and attack him / her. "

Damn it agents are uber enuff!!!! no agents!!!!!

I agree.

ONLY Fixers that are born and bread fixers sghould have access.
    No freaking fp agent wanna be fixer will be granted access or even know aobut it. the same goes for all other proffessions except the fixer who ARE the blackmarket
    General Thoram of the Twin Sun Syndicate

Talking Not That Anyone Will Read This...

I would LOVE it for the black market to be implemented, BUT it should only be accessible by the Fixers. Fixers are like the dirty-underhanded punks, and having this ability would make them more useful and wanted (kinda like the evil trader, hehehe). Fixers need something (i.e. specialized SMG's), and this black market could be it. Agents MAYBE, but I'm not too sure, because Agents are like the spies/assasins, pretty dark, but I'm not too sure; maybe they can have limited access? Traders definitely not, becausen of the fact that we could create a whole new profession relation between traders and fixers. Soldiers/Enforcers/Nanotechnicians/MP not, because then Fixers could do some dirty underhanded dealing (hehehe), MA's I'm not sure...

Not only that, but this would also be a step towards getting a penal system in place. If you're caught with these items (terminals, guards, etc.), you will be chased till a certain point, hence the illegalness of these items...
    I agree with the idea that you should be able to sell items without the blister packs and such, but I stand by my belief that ONLY fixers can get these items. Think about it, Fixers would be able to fix (get it?) people up with boosted stims, special nanos, and tweaked (c'mon, that would be a big selling point) weapons.

I honestly think that this can be implemented by patch 14.0, this is one of those things that will truly renovate, and revolutionize (may be not revolutionize, but along those lines) AO.

Im not an agent but, and excuse my tonuge, WTH do you think FP is for? Agents should have access to the blackmarket when in FP because they are that class as long as they are FP. They have FP so the agents can have the benefits of that class. I dunno what you've been reading, but from my reading, agents are not uber. From what I've read, they've been nerfed over and over again. Not like fixers haven't got it as bad or worse, im jsut saying that maybe they arent as uber as you think they are and FP is just that, a false profession. When they are in FP, they should have access to all that professions

Just my thoughts and correct me if im wrong,
    Uwen
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Every now and then I feel the need to quote the manual.
    Operates on the edge of the law, acquiring anything on demand if the price is right, and works as an intermediary in the underworld of Rubi- Ka.
    This is the short description of the fixer. This is, as I see it, our purpose in the game. Do you really want to take that away from us?
    Agents can already use our Nanos before we can, isn't that enough?
    Fix sneaking and aimed shot and whatever else there is that agents need, but please keep them out of the BM.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Hehe...all that talk of gov'ts reminded me of my model UN awhile back in school ( was mandatory). Was pretty damn cool when we legalized pot

This idea is very cool. Goes along exactly with what AO is-style. When you walk into a bar and talk to people with sweet clothes,tatoos,and sunglasses-style. Shooting something with a huge gun-style. Trenchcoat-style. Solitus-style.

I'm not going to bother reading the however many pages there are on this, so blah.

Firstly, Omni-Tek shouldn't have any of this, save one or two people in the Slums who vanish quite frequently. However, OT should be able to deal with black market types in Neut and Clan territory. Eventhose should disappear from time to time, or be constantly walking around.

Perfect places for this: Tir back alleys, the ruins of Athen, Borealis, smaller places like Bliss. If you want, you can add semi-hidden grid exits (or just make nanos) that are Fixer-only and allow transport to these places - the ones closer to cities with lower QL supplies, the ones in places like Sabulum having higher ql supplies.

Making it Fixer only is a great idea. Like IRL, people would need middlemen to go between and procure items from the black market, not knowing contacts on their own (from a RP perspective, guilds won't talk about it openly, etc etc, though, of course, the first thing that will happen is someone throwing up a web page with all the data) :-p

As far as the items themselves go... one major draw could be certain items that are, say, not NODROP - a non-NODROP Yalm would cost a lot more than a basic Yalm, but gettable. Stims and boosts. Overpowered weapons and armor (but not HIGHLY overpowered - just a little).
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Angry this is what you will you see.......

/tell can you transfer X credits to my lv 2 fixer so i can by X item in the blackmarket

this kinda thing will ruin the idea of a restricted black market

it is a good idea but

but be prepared to see 100s of armorless opifex lv2 fixers with kazillions of transfered credits in there accounts in the black market

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast