Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 170 Ranged Advy

170 Ranged Advy

Alright, so for this project, im wanting to max out defenses to the fullest.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=90848 <-- Setup.

Any things i might be missing? Should i swap cotwk for notucomm? how about shoulders, should i stick with goc x2 or go thin shoulders?

Any tips, advice or even setups would be much appreciated

No scope? Hmm, onehander will suck bad :P

Notucomm might be better if you want to evade well, Goc's AAD helps too.
    You might want a movement predictor in HUD1 too. With no scope and no predictor, onehander will suck even more :P
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

I'd loose Alien Augmentation Device - Combat for movement predictor and Hud3 for 275 Scope or ELLTS if you can afford. Would get notucomm, also not sure on JEPP nowdays, some people claims Ofab Pistols does better with huge AR. If you don't want to loose Full Auto, you might loose Onehander, also can wear Def Hud and get Ofab Pistol on other hand. I guess you'll need to upgrade your AR tho.
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

You can always hotswap Onehander in for AS or JEPP in for FA and have 225/250 peregrine in your right hand

First thing that strikes me is yes: you dont have a scope.

To make onehander even slightly good you need 3 things:

1.AS skill
    2.Crit
    3. ++++++++++++++++++Dmg :>

so following changes would be:

Get 275 scope
    Get An Exterminator Occular symb in eye instead of that vigourous eye (how the hell ur gonna get the treat for that is beyond me)
    Get CC instead of CSS ;>

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    You can always hotswap Onehander in for AS or JEPP in for FA and have 225/250 peregrine in your right hand

First thing that strikes me is yes: you dont have a scope.

To make onehander even slightly good you need 3 things:

1.AS skill
    2.Crit
    3. ++++++++++++++++++Dmg :>

so following changes would be:

Get 275 scope
    Get An Exterminator Occular symb in eye instead of that vigourous eye (how the hell ur gonna get the treat for that is beyond me)
    Get CC instead of CSS ;>
    Hmm CC? Gaining a pitiful amount of dmg isn't as good as double the evades :P
    At least melee advs have quite a bit of HP to go with their AAD :P

And exterm eye vs arty is debatable. The nanoskills from the arty eye helps with IPs a little since he's NR.

Also, JEPP vs pereg.. hmm I'd say JEPP would do more dmg. Assuming you'd use an arty r-arm, you would have a higher attack rating with FA than burst. Not to mention the recharges would be sort of similar.

Hotswapping JEPP/onehander? No way would you have the IPs to max both FA and burst/fling.

Geting enough burst for a good ql pereg would be a little tricky as well :\
    Last edited by Eseb; Feb 2nd, 2008 at 18:28:36.
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

ive seen it done ;P

and the ranged advs who wear cc definitely perform better than the ones who wear Css

CC= not pitiful amount of dmg, you could get +80 dmg if u get high enough CC and thats enough to make a difference on your AS.

Its not arty eye in config its a support and the extra AS+burst+FA+ crit from exterm will benefit the onehander a lot as well as the JEPP

You could always use a high ql kyr pistol instead of a peregrine a the kyr is easier to equip at higher qls, just you lose fling and that isnt essential.

275 Scope + CC

'nuff said
    Shumarte 220/30 enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.

CC vs CSS at ql 225 is 49 (24 in PvP) dmg vs 84 evades (assuming 1 AAD = 1 to all evades)

25 dmg or 84 evades. I don't see how CC can be better tbh :P
    The only CC tl5 ranged adv I met said it sucks :P

Also a type 1 might be better than a 4 in long fights because of the long burst time on kyrs, and you get higher AR with fling.

And you can't even get +80 dmg even with a full set of QL300 CC ;P

About the eye, an arty eye would add more AS than an exterm. Supp is definitely crap :P
    Last edited by Eseb; Feb 2nd, 2008 at 19:39:08.
    Eseb

The only CC advy i know on RK 2 was from uhm,2-3 years ago(before the pvp level change) and that one was a trox with DKP/Onehander with JEPP swap.

<3 Maistah.

As for how it performs now,i don't know,i would go CSS personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

wait, thats not a support eye in my equip o.O
    Last edited by Difficulties; Feb 2nd, 2008 at 23:01:38.

Everyone knows evades are broken

Killing target before it kills you> hoping evades works

Everyone knows evades are broken

Killing target before it kills you> hoping evades works
    If you prefer 24 dmg over 84 evades... :P
    Eseb

24 dmg with AS multiplier can mean over 500 dmg

go figure

I have a tl5 ranged adv in cc. That's mostly because it's trox though, not because of +dmg.

Also as everyone has said, you need a scope for the onehander, it has lousy AS if you don't have a lot of +crit.
    President of ShadowMercs

ive seen it done ;P

CC= not pitiful amount of dmg, you could get +80 dmg if u get high enough CC and thats enough to make a difference on your AS.
    That I bet you havent seen done at tl5

I think you're wrong manaas,since evades will HAVE to be high so you can be unperkable with limber.

It doesn't mean **** that you can make a capped AS every 11 seconds if the guy can have his way with you because you have a lot lower hp then merc advys and around the same if not lower defence,i know from TL 7 experience,that a ranged advy that i can perk dies halfway through my alpha.

A ranged advys alpha is crap(perk wise),they need to survive/outlast people a bit so no,full CC will get you killed really fast by any half decent twink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

Quote Originally Posted by Palahere View Post
    I think you're wrong manaas,since evades will HAVE to be high so you can be unperkable with limber.

It doesn't mean **** that you can make a capped AS every 11 seconds if the guy can have his way with you because you have a lot lower hp then merc advys and around the same if not lower defence,i know from TL 7 experience,that a ranged advy that i can perk dies halfway through my alpha.

A ranged advys alpha is crap(perk wise),they need to survive/outlast people a bit so no,full CC will get you killed really fast by any half decent twink.
    qft.

being unperkable while cycling evades is essential.. otherwise a soldier (or agent) is likely to land some nasty stuff on you... and once a soldier starts perking you, you evades will all get lowered rather significantly
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

so notucomm over cotwk deffinatly?

Cotwk has a nice combination of everything while notucomm is only evades. I guess if you feel that 44 evades is better than 40 AR, 8 dmg and 300 HP, use notucomm.
    The best thing to do is try both and see which you prefer though :P
    Eseb

so just 2 questions

1. does cotwk add enough defense (20 aad/ 300hp) to maintain an unperkable setup with limber running? 64 evades vs 20 aad is a big difference,

2. do you guys think the +40 aao (+80 for ai perks) is enough to make up for the -44 defense? Also i plan on using Lava caps, so the +AAO will be a big help there too.

whats your opinion?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast