Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else tried using Ancient Cold Generation Device with cold aruls and beconing?

Anyone else tried using Ancient Cold Generation Device with cold aruls and beconing?

Anyone else tried using Ancient Cold Generation Device with cold aruls and beconing? this applies to ranged advys only btw. melee can kiss my ass.
    note: the 115 is bracer dammage and the 50 is Bane
    i figured 115*2 +50 for a period of 3min=840+ (115*2)+220+50 =500 for 1min over a period of 5 minutes total(1340) > (115+23)*5=690

i have been using the following script to achieve this. in light of the new setup, ive modified the script
    Code:
    /g dgdgdgdg018 <font color="#0080FF">Cold Generation Device</font>
    /delay 180000

/g dgdgdgdg018 <font color="#0080FF">Beconing</font>
    /delay 30000

/bec
    so any thoughs? i haven't ofcourse taken into account specials but havent noticed any difference in FA, its still does 10kish. burst however has gone upto 6k+

also note don't start about screwing up team mates dammage etc. pretend this is for solo only.

edit: added the +50 cold stim from alp

edit 2: That was the theory, in practice both beconing and cold generation device seem to have a flag that removes dammge types as well. aka if u run beconing before the cold dev. nano is gone from ncu when it goes it will remove the cold dammage flag set by beconing.

im seriously considering training combat knoledge 8 for the perk "redeem last wish" and say good bye to beconing.

edit 3: trained combat knoledge 8. collecting -skill lock modifier items. currently at 43%. so lockout time is at 3:04. just gotta shave off that 4secs. the loss of the 8 ai perks don't really hurt me atm cause i took em out of nano combat which i dont really need. but that's just personal pref and ai lv.

edit 4 and final update

ok update.

trained combat knowledge 8 for redeem last wish and i have just enough -skill to get 3:00 min recharge. however due to the problems with the perk beconing as mentioned in the original post i am finding it easier to simply chain cold generation device.

so final damage is ((115*2)+50)*5) =1400. over a period of 5 min.

the downsides.
    1) having to use -skill lock stuff (some are easy enogh to get, some arn't)
    2) having to train combat knowledge 8. ( can be a rather major downsize. however getting the -40% reduction to heal stims (especially the new alba ones) might make it worth it.)

Ofcourse you could also use all the things above AND beconing if you are soloing or something. damage in that case would be

((115*2)+50)*3 + (((115*2)+50)+220)*.5 + ((115*2)+50)*1.5
    (280*3)+(500*.5)+(280*1.5)
    840+250+420
    1510 =total over a period of 5mins.

note that you are always doing cold damage with these setups and u dont have nay downtime. and essentially you nearly triple your add damage from bracers

and thats all folks
    Last edited by dgdgdgdg018; Feb 20th, 2008 at 18:23:37.

"There's nothing wrong with the (ranged advy) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent."
    dgdgdgdg018:I kinda prefer my method of simply calling them morons and retards. sadly, people claim "that is not an argument".thus in the future i shall say -
    you, dear sir, are a moron because
    1) inbreeding perhaps?
    2) got dropped on your head as a child a lot and as a result have impaired intelligence ?
    3) are bored and have decided to troll?
    4) suffer from ADD and dyslexia?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    why it's almost like a form letter, and i can sign it as-
    Laughing at you, DG

I mean surely i have provided reasons on par with said posters original arguments, haven't I ?

Toss in a Penumbra Tarq for +25 dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by Icydoc View Post
    Toss in a Penumbra Tarq for +25 dmg?
    what is a Penumbra Tarq? note that ive just come back ingame after a year's break

"There's nothing wrong with the (ranged advy) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent."
    dgdgdgdg018:I kinda prefer my method of simply calling them morons and retards. sadly, people claim "that is not an argument".thus in the future i shall say -
    1) inbreeding perhaps?
    2) got dropped on your head as a child a lot and as a result have impaired intelligence ?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

I mean surely i have provided reasons on par with said posters original arguments, haven't I ?

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgdgdg018 View Post
    what is a Penumbra Tarq? note that ive just come back ingame after a year's break
    bet he ment Penumbra Tuaq

Tepikeep - 220 / 26
    Teppox - 220 / 20
    And a way too many lowbies...

Proud member of
    Northern Star

its seems like a hud item. as there are many other better hud items i dont see why it should be included.

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

its seems like a hud item. as there are many other better hud items i dont see why it should be included.
    because @ 210, unless your well supported by a good org, you might not necessarily have access to all the "phat loots".

so +25 damage, is +25 damage.. sure there are 'better' hud items out there, but if the person doesn't have them, this is useful :P
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

Looks like hud3.. offense level 1 is 5 dmg shorter then that , however i'm fairly sure giving up scope is not an option if you want to DD as ranged.
    Dear Omni, gather up and clean my ...base

President Spiritual Guru of Devil Inside
    Fourth
    Sadism
    Diyu
    Willnukeyou
    Goodfella
    Dawnbreaker

Soulhuntress

Quote Originally Posted by Redadv View Post
    because @ 210, unless your well supported by a good org, you might not necessarily have access to all the "phat loots".

so +25 damage, is +25 damage.. sure there are 'better' hud items out there, but if the person doesn't have them, this is useful :P
    no. hud items are not part of this discussion. this discussion is about maximizing damamge for ranged advys via the use of arul bracer types, the cold generation device and beconing.

also when are u going to get that "" tongue of urs looked at by a doc m8 ? its alwys the tongue or the eye twitch. i worry sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by usersoul
    Looks like hud3.. offense level 1 is 5 dmg shorter then that , however i'm fairly sure giving up scope is not an option if you want to DD as ranged.]
    i have had a lengthy discussion about hud items for a ranged advy already. however again this is not a discussion about hud items. please free to contact me ingame on rk2 if you wish to have a discussion about it. you might be surprised

edit: tried being more humble etc. failed miserably
    Last edited by dgdgdgdg018; Feb 19th, 2008 at 12:45:02.

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

just to clarify so the thread doesnt get derailed. what i really meant and should have said is " its seems like a hud item. there are many other better hud items. i dont see why it should be included in a discussion about arul saba's bracers , cold generation device, beckoning and ranged adv damage types" .

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

tbh,you could always use the offensive HUD 3 item...

PS hahahahah <3 dg
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

bump for derailing due to melee hate in OP

if you're not being constructive, we won't either

Quote Originally Posted by Kiggity View Post
    bump for derailing due to melee hate in OP

if you're not being constructive, we won't either
    woot my first melee flame post! did u read my OP? i asked other ranged advys their thoughts about this new idea. however....

Quote Originally Posted by usersoul
    Looks like hud3.. offense level 1 is 5 dmg shorter then that , however i'm fairly sure giving up scope is not an option if you want to DD as ranged.
    not a hud3 item. if u look closely you'll notice that it says "Hud 1, Hud 2, Hud 3, Utils 1, Utils 2, Utils 3" and that means that hud3 is merely the default equip location.

@ Kiggity

what melee advy hate? its just that melee advys have no advantages whatsoever in using this setup as with 2 aruls they always do (115*2)*5(1150) dammage by defualt. so what would be the point of discussing this with them?

PSS @pala - DB? need phats from there.

edit: i was looking to misquote
    Last edited by dgdgdgdg018; Feb 19th, 2008 at 18:03:33.

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

melee can kiss my ass.
    SORRY BITCH YOU'RE ON THE LIST NOW

it was totally unneeded for you to "get your shot in" at mongoose users in the original post, so deal with the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiggity View Post
    SORRY BITCH YOU'RE ON THE LIST NOW

it was totally unneeded for you to "get your shot in" at mongoose users in the original post, so deal with the consequences.

but but i /care so very much what u think of me.

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

ok update.

trained combat knowledge 8 for redeem last wish and i have just enough -skill to get 3:00 min recharge. however due to the problems with the perk beconing as mentioned in the original post i am finding it easier to simply chain cold generation device.

so final damage is ((115*2)+50)*5) =1400. over a period of 5 min.

the downsides.
    1) having to use -skill lock stuff (some are easy enogh to get, some arn't)
    2) having to train combat knowledge 8. ( can be a rather major downsize. however getting the -40% reduction to heal stims (especially the new alba ones) might make it worth it.)

Ofcourse you could also use all the things above AND beconing if you are soloing or something. damage in that case would be

((115*2)+50)*3 + (((115*2)+50)+220)*.5 + ((115*2)+50)*1.5
    (280*3)+(500*.5)+(280*1.5)
    840+250+420
    1510 =total over a period of 5mins.

note that you are always doing cold damage with these setups and u dont have nay downtime. and essentially you nearly triple your add damage from bracers

and thats all i really have to say.

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

Been moving this direction on my fixer (after a chat with Racatti) but don't have all the support gear done.

As a fixer I don't have access to Beckoning, but it still is pretty valid since for those 3 minutes my weapons are the same damage type. Only thing that blows in that case is to keep dmg maxed you need to swap aruls every few minutes and well ... I'm not THAT interested in DD.

Don't forget this beauty if you're looking to pimp your +cold damage more. It starts to add up significantly.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Been moving this direction on my fixer (after a chat with Racatti) but don't have all the support gear done.

As a fixer I don't have access to Beckoning, but it still is pretty valid since for those 3 minutes my weapons are the same damage type. Only thing that blows in that case is to keep dmg maxed you need to swap aruls every few minutes and well ... I'm not THAT interested in DD.

Don't forget this beauty if you're looking to pimp your +cold damage more. It starts to add up significantly.
    added the Bane to my calculations already. as for swaping it's not needed if you get a whole bunch of -skill lock time reduction gear.

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

When i was DD whoring pre LE,i had comat knowledge maxed,you could bring the recharge of your backstab under 15 seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

Now, this is interesting.

Thanks for doing the testing Dgdgdgdgdgdg. Now I just gotta find out where to come up with 8 more alien perks.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Palahere View Post
    When i was DD whoring pre LE,i had comat knowledge maxed,you could bring the recharge of your backstab under 15 seconds
    zomg! hack ! explot! ban! why oh why u so much uber then me ?

oh a added note what else is effected by -skill lock? i know about graphs and i haven't tried HP stims yet but the SL nano stims do not seem to be effected at all. or perhaps they cap at 23ish seconds?

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast