Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RK1] Newland Council Pressrelease: Newland Council is looking for two new Ministers

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK1] Newland Council Pressrelease: Newland Council is looking for two new Ministers

Newland Council is looking for two new Ministers
    February 15, 29482 - [Atlantean]

Newland Council - Today the City Council of Newland City released a statement about their need for two more Ministers.

Mayor King and his two Ministers, Mister Delage (Security) and Miss Wolf (Foreign Affairs), are looking for two more unwavering neutral inhabitants of Newland that are interested in taking over a political role in this great town. Namely the positions of Science and Trade Minister.

For more details on the responsibilities of those roles and how to apply contact either one of the two Ministers or the mayor directly.

Hi, I am Dabblez, head of R&D at Rubi-Ka Universal Robots, the nice folks that make all those awesome robots, and I would like to put my name forward for the position of Newland Science Minister. I am really rather good at the science stuff and, as a former RUR representative at Omni Board of Director meetings, you could say I have "dabbled" in politics too!

I know it may seem unusual for an Omni to apply for this position, but I do have roots in Newland City and have a long, proven track record of promoting Neutral interests through projects like the Neutral Token Board, the Newland Guard Initiative (NGI) and Fair Trade League. I think a person's actions should count as least as much as the colour of their passport and I would be happy to sign any non-disclosure agreement the Newland Council may deem necessary.

The final thing I wish to mention regarding my candidacy is this; it has been now seven months since the previous Newland Science Minister Kozlorre was assassinated. Seven months in which Newland has been looking for a new Science Minister to no avail (assassinations I guess can have that effect). Even if, despite my best efforts, I do not get the job, I hope that by applying I might spur more people to take an interest and run for office. If they will not serve for love of Newland, perhaps they will do so to spite an Omni?

So in conclusion, vote Dabblez!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Dabblez,

I mean no offence, but it is highly unlikely that Mayor Toog will accept an Omni onto his staff. If you share a concern for the future of Newland City, as I do, I think you may be better off seeking a position in our Embassy.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Independent Community Liaison
    Vacancy Ref: OTAS_ICL_2973_a

Job Description: The Independent Community Liaison is a diplomatic position that acts as a point of contact between Omni-Tek and the various independent communities of Rubi-Ka. The ICL will be responsible for explaining Omni-Tek policy to the independent communities, forwarding important community concerns to the appropriate Omni-Tek departments, and providing first-level representation for the Corporation in any negotiations. The ICL can expect to perform diplomatic duties in such places as Newland, Last Ditch, 20K, Sabulum, and Harry’s Trading Post. The ICL may also be required to provide expertise in politically sensitive Omni-Tek communities such as Borealis. Since there will only be two ICL’s appointed on Rubi-Ka, this position holds a large responsibility and influence over the future of global politics. The ICL will be granted the title of Ambassador upon taking office.

Job Requirements: The applicant must be a mature, respectful, and loyal Omni-Tek employee willing to devote the necessary time to the duties of the office. The applicant must be prepared to properly interpret and apply Omni-Tek policy in a diplomatic situation. The applicant must be well spoken and comfortable speaking to the public on both a one-on-one basis and to large groups. Applicants should have or be prepared to acquire a very strong knowledge of current and historical events on Rubi-Ka. The applicant should be prepared to go through an extensive screening process above and beyond the general requirements listed above.
    If you're interested in applying, reference this.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Ah no. You see the last thing I want to do is having to stand infront on a crowd of Newlanders and explain why wearing an ID tag is supposedly a really good idea. I mean, eww!

I'm a scientist. I've lived for many years in Newland City, even started my company there. If I can serve my adopted city as a scientist that would be great. Acting as an Omni ambasador to Newland though is an entirely different proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    Ah no. You see the last thing I want to do is having to stand infront on a crowd of Newlanders and explain why wearing an ID tag is supposedly a really good idea. I mean, eww!

I'm a scientist. I've lived for many years in Newland City, even started my company there. If I can serve my adopted city as a scientist that would be great. Acting as an Omni ambasador to Newland though is an entirely different proposition.
    Quite Understandable. Good luck in your campaign.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

dabblez... they want neutrals only, and if they DO take u as science minister, then i sign up for Trade minister!
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

You know, having one minster form each faction might not be that bad an idea, It could be the begining of a whole new era!

yeah, or the end of neutrality if we both push our side's ideas on them
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Maybe there is a chance that I let you see that it may be possible. Maybe there is a chance that my I scanned myself with a bullet in my skull and spent months with an half functioning brain.

Respectively sorry no and NO GET OUT !

I'm looking for neutrals, only for the fact that I'm eager to see some neutral lift their butts from their chairs more often.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Feb 16th, 2008 at 01:26:48.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Personally thinking of it though, Dabblez would make an interesting figure in such a position. Ignoring that stupid factional thing, as it's utterly irrelavent when looking at someones behaviour. It may seem odd, but the neutral population is welcoming for all to work or trade with. We don't shoot an Omni who comes shopping or something. Everyone is free till they act against us. And that is a beleif which really is more important than utterly crazy ID cards or other such monitoring or tragging.

Go DABBLEZ!!!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

and PBF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach View Post
    Ignoring that stupid factional thing
    That would solve alot of problems
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

The neutrals claim to not taking sides and walk the line between Omni and Clan, but it looks like this is just talk. Why not put this into practical use?
    With Omnis, Clans and Neutral ministers, it would be the first true independent Council on Rubi-Ka
    Dabblez would be an exelent science minister even if she is Omni.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    The neutrals claim to not taking sides and walk the line between Omni and Clan, but it looks like this is just talk. Why not put this into practical use?
    With Omnis, Clans and Neutral ministers, it would be the first true independent Council on Rubi-Ka
    Dabblez would be an exelent science minister even if she is Omni.
    Exactly, the mark of the future! A united Rubi-ka where we can ALL look past those stupid "who we work for" fluff. We all have a right to live here (no matter what many claim) and all...ok some of...us want a peaceful place to live. Thus ignoring the fluff of who our employer is, we as neutrals should be able to look past that, and see a good person for who they are. And make a stride forward for a government who may give the light of unity upon this world.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Just as long as you ain't brain damaged enough to actually let Pbf in...

You know xenotric for a "clanner" with such word choice you seem quite uneager to let us know who you really are, as no data can be found for any clanner named "Xenotric"

Oh I'm around, just because I don't always identify as my tag doesn't mean I'm not around

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    Oh I'm around, just because I don't always identify as my tag doesn't mean I'm not around
    Hah! I knew your Tag was familiar! You posted something similar on the CoT grid a bout a year or more ago right?
    Point Blank

Don't see what is wrong with is statment, PBF, Just because he is a clanner dosen't mean that he have to like every other clanner.
    I know a few employees that I'm not a fan of, but I am still with Omni-Tek
    Last edited by Gimpeline; Feb 19th, 2008 at 07:44:59.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    Don't see what is wrong with is statment, PBF, Just because he is a clanner dosen't mean that he have to like every other clanner.
    I know a few employees that I'm not a fan of, but I am still with Omni-Tek
    You know...you have a point here. We should invite Silverstone and Zora into the mix, and then lock them all up with Toog in a lil hole somewhere *cough* and throw away the key...that accidental nuking of said hole is just that though...an "accident"
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast