Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 225 ofab tiger?

I've had it on a little over a week now, and no I don't cap at the 11.6 sec recharge without TTS. I'm at roughly 15-16sec now. I say that because I've tried the double AS trick to make the server tell you what you got, but it always seems to be a second or two off =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Retired Doc Professional
    nice lyz. i really wouldn't expect too much of a sacrifice from 200 to 225. and if it means more hp gear, then it would definately be worth it. slightly better AS < HP (at least in my book, but im an HP junkie. got up to 26.5k the other day )

btw, where did you get the 5-slot hp arul? i was pretty sure they werent ingame.
    Last edited by Mmba; Feb 15th, 2008 at 20:08:54.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

I made it myself. I camped all the gems solo and the Galactics drop in Alaapa, not super rare but uncommon enough that it takes a while.

Yah the downgrade from 225 to 200 is going to be another test. So far I'm pleased with the difference between the Tiger and Sapph. The main reason I went this route out of the doc pistols was the inability for me to use the purpose of being a doc: outlasting my opponents.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

I can see why it would work well in PvP. Have you tested it in PvM and if you have, how well did it work?
    Hollowwood 220/16 Doc

it works well in PVM as well.

I haven't done my exact test like I did with Anim in this thread: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=518363 but the regular hits seem to top off about 1k ea, and I'm easily 1/1.6 with my inits on full agg.
    Last edited by lyzor; Feb 16th, 2008 at 01:51:42.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

So about the same as MBC without the bust, but you get more AR so you miss less in pvm..... might try it because it seems to me like a good mix for pvp/pvm. I don't mind loosing a little pvm dmg if it helps in pvp.
    Hollowwood 220/16 Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    slightly better AS < HP (at least in my book, but im an HP junkie. got up to 26.5k the other day )

btw, where did you get the 5-slot hp arul? i was pretty sure they werent ingame.
    Well ive noticed in pvp that 25k hp was just too much for me, if two soldiers come along i have to heal constantly to outheal the caps, wich leaves no time to dot Personally around 20k hp works great for me.

And as for the 5-gem hp aruls, they are most deffidently ingame, i have them myself.

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Curseddoc View Post
    Well ive noticed in pvp that 25k hp was just too much for me, if two soldiers come along i have to heal constantly to outheal the caps, wich leaves no time to dot Personally around 20k hp works great for me.

And as for the 5-gem hp aruls, they are most deffidently ingame, i have them myself.
    "if 2 soldiers come along", lol.

i thought my doc was near done, minus ai grinding. i was wrong... i need a left wrist 5 slot hp arul
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

I agree with Cursed here. A lot of hp means you are spending more time healing to stay above another alpha since 1 heal doesn't top you off at that level.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

hehe, i was thinkin since some time bout a 200/225 tiger mk 6 on my doc, as i abandoned my plans to go ec3,,,
    from what ive calced a ql 200 is doable w/o any sacrifice in hp at all, the downside to a full hp setup would be long AS recgarge tho,,,
    acconring to my cals, with 2 parts of ql 300 supple based armor ( least sacrifice would be pants/gloves imo, just 710hp loss for meh nm, with 21,5k self (not counting BI bonus, and w/o the hp research thingie) i think i could live with that ) i would be 17 pts or so short of capping it at 11.6 AS,,,
    so if i were willing to sacrifice 1 more armor part ( 1 of the ofab sleeves? ) i should have capped AS,, this extra part of armor and/or a combat tuner would allow keepin a ql 225 out of OE aswell,,

not sure yet wich option ill end in, propably gonna test em all, this thread reasured me this is the way to go, unless ya got a silverback pre-equipped;/
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by lyzor View Post
    I agree with Cursed here. A lot of hp means you are spending more time healing to stay above another alpha since 1 heal doesn't top you off at that level.
    ICH ftw

Hows it for cocoon proffs with both dots and AS with poison dmg?

I keep meaning to get a dmg generation device for my silverback but i'm too bored of my doc atm.
    GlaDos: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, 'the Companion Cube'. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

The Tiger isn't a new super weapon, so our overall offense is the same.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

ICH ftw
    This is a joke right Mmba? You think 20 seconds of recharge is worth it in PVP?
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Retired Doc Professional
    This is a joke right Mmba? You think 20 seconds of recharge is worth it in PVP?
    you do know that ICH is 9/3.5, right? I harassed them enough that they not only gave in but made it shorter than BI

there is a small blocker in your ncu that stays there, preventing you from casting ICH again until its gone (thats the 20 seconds) but you can still use any other heal.

The Tiger isn't a new super weapon, so our overall offense is the same.
    Even silverback isn't a super weapon (in the hands of a doc), so yeah
    But it helps, ofc.

you cant chaincast ICH though, and soldiers have 12 second FA, while you can only use ICH every 20 sec, so ICH doesnt solve the problem at all lol. You'll still be stuck chain healing, while when lowering your hp you can keep your HP full and still get time to dot.

And ofc docs will never compare to an agent or trader AS wise, but I still want the best AS I can get
    Without nerfing too much hp ect
    Last edited by Curseddoc; Feb 17th, 2008 at 03:38:29.

Retired Doc Professional
    you cant chaincast ICH though, and soldiers have 12 second FA, while you can only use ICH every 20 sec, so ICH doesnt solve the problem at all lol. You'll still be stuck chain healing, while when lowering your hp you can keep your HP full and still get time to dot.

And ofc docs will never compare to an agent or trader AS wise, but I still want the best AS I can get
    Without nerfing too much hp ect
    that doesnt make any sense.... youve got 8 seconds after you cast BI before your temp hp runs out, and if you get alpha'd lower than what BI can heal in that time, then just hit an ICH.
    I dont know how you can say "oh well you can only cast ICH every 20 seconds instead of 12 so its no good for pvp lol" I'd argue its even better for pvp, cause it heals more and its a slightly less recharge.

But has no temp hp, way higher nanocost, and with 20k hp BI heals your hp fine.

that doesnt make any sense.... youve got 8 seconds after you cast BI before your temp hp runs out, and if you get alpha'd lower than what BI can heal in that time, then just hit an ICH.
    I dont know how you can say "oh well you can only cast ICH every 20 seconds instead of 12 so its no good for pvp lol" I'd argue its even better for pvp, cause it heals more and its a slightly less recharge.
    I guess the best question is: Have you used it in PVP yet? I don't have it uploaded and with my setup it would be a helluva stretch to change around for casting with a +hp setup. I don't think Rolf uses it. I know Playstation doesn't (I think. =P)

It's not a problem of how much it heals vs how much HP you have, its the 20sec lock out on it. Yah, the 3.5 sec recharge isn't that bad to be able to cast again but isn't part of the point of this thread to look at improving our offensive capabilities rather than discuss our defense?
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast