Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missions

Bump because I feel like it. Doesn't anyone like my ideas
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

yeah!

these are all great, and i'll toss in a few!

-PvP missions: Your team has to complete a standard mission objective, as usual. However, a team from the opposite side may also be running the same mission. (mission maps would have to be changed to place the objective in the middle.) I think this mixes the best of PvP AND missions. Of course, if no opposing team was available, you could still run the mission normally.

-Open/Outdoor missions: This was mentioned, but i second it wholeheartedly. Say, get a mission, zone in, and you're in an outdoor area. You have to clear out all the mob_type_00's, or collect a certain item randomly placed on one. ("A rollerrat has eaten my *randomitemname*! Please get it back!")

-Delivery Missions: These would require taking some item into very dangerous territory, they'd be high pay missions due to serious risk, but they'd be fun to do.

I'm just growing weary of EVERY mission being "go to point X. zone in. kill everything to point Y. run back out.

ugh. blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.

All EXCELLENT ideas!!

I somehow dont beleive FC would ever do something as fantastic as this.. but man if they did.. wow wouldnt it be grand
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -Soothsayer to the Incompetent
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Killing Guards Is Good For the Soul!
    -Like Whoa!

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Level limits make baby Jesus cry.

oooooooo

Here's one:

Tradeskill missions: You gotta create a few items and bring them back to the mission terminal. The cred payoff would have to be pretty high to compensate for the cost of materials, but you could build some items, take them back to the mission terminal (like the find and retrieve misisons), and get a chunk of XP!

and another:

Patrol missions: You get a mission in one area, and have to make a large circle to different areas. For easy ones, it'll be simple, places you can take whompas to. Then higher up will require grid use, and higher still means you gotta runaround a few different places.

Tradeskill missions: You gotta create a few items and bring them back to the mission terminal. The cred payoff would have to be pretty high to compensate for the cost of materials, but you could build some items, take them back to the mission terminal (like the find and retrieve misisons), and get a chunk of XP!

Very good idea!

Every single class has its different uses, trading, engineering, healing, spying, smuggling....

But thats all completely pointless because the only way to succeed in AO is to fight.
    You cannot make a decent char without fighting.

Such a pity, I loved making stuff, and polishing gems and making rings etc. But it got me no where, so, back to fighting.

Fight
    Fight
    Fight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12