Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [ALL] IRRK: Crime On The Rise

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[ALL] IRRK: Crime On The Rise

Crime On The Rise
    February 11, 29482 - [Global]

IRRK - In the dark of the night, they strike. When you walk down an alley, you get mugged, and when you try to pay for your goods, you notice your wallet is gone. The criminals of Rubi-Ka have returned to fill their pockets, and you could be their next target!

In the past few weeks, there have been a drastic increase in criminal activities. According to Omni-Pol reports, there have been a 38% increase in mugging -- including one aimed at Omni-Pol division head Nolan "Uragon" Ciafardoni, a 24% rise in armed theft, and a 54% increase in assaults . There have also been reports of the kidnapping of one Daron "Venomscrier" Venom and Lise "Gimpeline" Evergreen, as early as last night.

Mr. Venom had recently returned to the planet, and reports have stated that he was shot down by Unicorn personnel during the last OT affiliate meeting, apparently because they had forgotten to give him the required ID chip. It could be said that he had a very bad day.

These two were later rescued by Ferrex "Sanqq" Baldwin, who brought some friends to the brawl, as it were.

These problems are by no means limited to Omni-Tek employees, however. Both clan and neutral reports have also indicated a drastic increase in criminal activity, including the mugging of Naughty "Playboyfixer" Will and Kenneth "Nulion" Age, both members of the Council of Truth. Further, they even mention several cases of armed extortion from shopkeepers in an apparent protection racket, as well as countless acts of cybercrimes, including the hacking of information systems and grid feeds. To add to this, there are limitless reports of graffiti and vandalism.

The worst case appears to be the theft of cargo from drop ships, with over 130,000 kilograms worth of cargo stolen from Sun Cargo ships alone, and countless unreported Omni-Trans thefts. The estimated value can be counted in several hundred millions of credits, and this is only what has been reported so far.

Rumors that these thefts are related to the recent attack by Red Freedom against an Omni-Tek dropship seem to be unfounded, however since little is known about the reason behind the crime increase it is not unreasonable to start pointing fingers.

Why is it happening now? Are these thieves merely using the ongoing conflict as a chance for some easy money, or is there a more professional basis for the upswing in crime? We do not know at this time, and we here at IRRK can only suggest that you make sure your doors are locked and you bring an extra gun, just in case.

Its a shame that it has come to this really! how low can people actually get? robbing, mugging, protection rackets and the like! Its still possible to earn an honest credit!
    Is it time that we walked round in groups for saftey? fortify our homes and be su****ious of everyone we meet?

Gets on the line to Iaitoo from the MorningStar orbital station... "Hey can you place those Anti-Personnel mines i shipped to you in the entrance to my apartment please? I just don't feel as though my stuff is safe."
    Last edited by Lasliana; Feb 11th, 2008 at 01:04:40.

Being kidnapped was not a good experience. I really hope they take the ones responsible for my abduction.
    I'm in great debt to Ferrex and all the others who helpt free me.
    I hope everyone will assist Omni-Pol to find the once responsible so i can feel safe again
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Usually the kind of crimes attributed to cyborgs and smugglers, seems a lot more people are looking to cash in while the gettins good, and both factions are for the most part, distracted, turning a blind eye to everything else that moves, a few of these petty crimes are usually ignored, but so many over so little time and it gets to be a real problem to the point where security needs to be tighter and people need to be informed.

According to Omni-Pol reports, there have been a 38% increase in mugging -- including one aimed at Omni-Pol division head Nolan "Uragon" Ciafardoni, a 24% rise in armed theft, and a 54% increase in assaults .
    and you dare say ChitChat magazines are gossip papers... at least ChitChat brought you the info way before the official newsgroups dared to

(( lol though that i put up a story just as this goes up too xD ))
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    Gets on the line to Iaitoo from the MorningStar orbital station... "Hey can you place those Anti-Personnel mines i shipped to you in the entrance to my apartment please? I just don't feel as though my stuff is safe."
    I have placed the mines, and also mounted a security camera there, so no need to worry

Lets not fool ourselves and think that Omni-Pol will do anything about these criminals... lets set up a neighborhood watch! Divide the cities into sectors and place guards there. I'm sure the newland milita can give us some help to organize!
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

People perfectly capable of mugging as a work ethic, can be just as easily turned to sweeping streets, washing yalms, and mowing lawns for about the same effort. My guess is some kids refuse to grow up.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    My guess is some kids refuse to grow up.
    Indeed. Personally I keep my gun locked and ready incase of someone tries to mug me. They'll be eating a nice full clip from my ofab shark
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

And now I'm in the kidnapped club too.

They were pretty bad. More a waste of time than something else. The boss told me to not underestimate them but I'm finding hard to not do.

But with them attacking neutrals. And taking on the Newland Council itself. I declare the hunt season open.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Complete bunch of Omni-Pol goons was how I was thinking of them. No real structure, or organisation, and a massive lack of intelligence. Think the scariest thing about them was having to be locked up with a certain Newland Minister.

Total amatuers!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Myself and another were recently attack in the alley way in Newland, in an attempted mugging.

With all the recent attacks, along with the actions of the attackers. This does not seem to be the work of amatuers, or bored people looking for kicks.

I can say as for what, but something rather strange is going on.

Naww, they are nothing but a bunch of common back street thugs who've acquired some beacon driven beaming technology....which I must admit was a very nice bit of technology, yet has been seen before through various black market channels. But looking at this bunch of goons, they seem to of obviously either tripped over a crate and found it, or found some way to stealing it successfully. But the latter seems highly unlikely.

Now, as for their intelligence gathering skills for picking of targets...very lacking. No reasearch, or skill it would seem. They seem to jump for the most oppertune target rather than one likely to pay out. As such all they received was no credits, and a visit to reclaim

On the RUR scale of scary foul up's, think these guys come in at about one and a half out of five Barneys.
    Last edited by Nyadach; Feb 19th, 2008 at 01:10:36.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

only question is, if OT has all this technology they claim, why can't they trace where the beacon sends them to?
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    only question is, if OT has all this technology they claim, why can't they trace where the beacon sends them to?
    Actually, speaking to some of the rescue party *won't mention names* they asked some Omni-AF types, who gave the usual up yours salute and nothing to do with them...which is all fair enough as law, order, and a peaceful Rubi-ka isn't really in the Omni-Tek interest is it.

The beaming was pretty futile for some of us anyhow, as we knew the location right off and these well trained numpties forgot to try and disable our comms...so calling for help wasn't exactly a hard thing to do. As for leaving a certain someone with there pointy-finger-o-doom still on their hand...as said, amateurs.

You have to wonder if the art of a good hostage taking, interrigation, and torture has been lost these days. Or that was more an art from days gone
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach View Post
    You have to wonder if the art of a good hostage taking, interrigation, and torture has been lost these days. Or that was more an art from days gone
    They can't all be as thorough as i am and i heard about the location they took u guys to, but that could just have been a place they got just to stuff you guys, not their HQ

I know that most of you have a "tuff boy" reputation to uphold, so I am letting the comments about how little frightening it was pass.
    I however, am not afraid to admidt it.
    I was kiddnapped straith off the dancefloor, and in my t-shirt and hot-pants... Well, if you have seen that outfit, you know how easy it is to hide a weapon in that.
    And to one minute, have a drink and party with friends, and the next, to be looking down the barrel of 3 big guns was frightening no matter how big amatures they are.
    So the soner they take the ones responsable, the better
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

I'm not saying I'd prefer if they'd be highly trained professionals, but I've seen amateurs with a gun... Nervous, prone to panick and if they don't shoot their own foot, they might accidentally shoot one's head off because their grip is so tight they press the trigger...

Putting all bragging aside, I recommend caution and calm with them, should any more people be abducted. Keeping a cool head can spare someone some painful moments to remember later.

Besides that I can use IDs, and useful clues these so called shadows might drop when they are seen. Also locations used to keep people during kidnapping will be useful too.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

I'd be curious to know what members of Omni-pol all of these incidences were reported to (if any).
    Hunter "Odds" Clemente - Omni-Tek Fixer ((RK2)) and Head of Rubi-ka Gridcom

Mine was reported to Soifon "Themajor" Saito. Don't know about the others
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast