Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [ALL] OOC: ARK Events - Player meeting

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    Not to make this a jump on Windguaerd thread or anything, but I'm curious what good old days are you referring too? Last year? I've been around a few years and the most LTC movement I've seen as really only been recent with in the past 2 years when Ninanna took over the LTC program and worked hard to get them out there, make them visible, and interact with the players. Yeah maybe back in the day the servers would crash becasue you would only see one every six months and people would freak cause they existed. And even then they were always about the Legion.

Let me add I remember the Legion storyline which over all was a pretty neat story with some cool events tied too it (if you liked dying in 30secs cause the STs were so over powered), but for the most part that whole storyline was carried on the shoulders of players. At least that's how it was on RK2, if it wasn't for players like Nulion and Tipha nobody would have cared about the Legion at all.

Now there are a number of different characters with their own story lines and events going on at once. And many of them are very good and complex. If anything the current events team has been working harder now then in the "ye old glory days". I've been told there's at least one event a week. Just because the hardcore rp crowd doesn't see them doesn't mean they don't happen. Lets keep in mind events isn't here to entertain the hand full of rpers on both dims, they are here to entertain the player base as a whole.

There will always be problems in RP it will never be a perfect system, there will always be flaws and lets be honest it's impossible to make everyone happy. Someone will always be around to blab about how back in the day things were much better.

On a side note if there is any animosity between RK2 players toward RK1, it becasue for years we had to have it shoved down out throats how RK1 was the rp dim, and rk2 was the pvp or drama did. Or having to sit and watch while events that happened on rk1 would effect rk2. I can way one thing about this new events team they seem to care about both dims and see the differences and plan things so the play out a little differently on each.

Anyway my hat goes off to the events team, keep up the good work and I'll see you Saturday. Now I just need to decide what toon to bring.

*We now return to our scheduled fight between Windguaerd and Trousers*
    (I'm picking Pants in the 12th round... and yes it's cause I'm from rk2)
    Short answer regarding the "old days". Years 2002-2005.

Regarding animosity I never heard in my own server, that we were the "rp dim" or "rp server" or anything like that. We may have been the first with certain projects (the reformation of the CoT for example) but that never took away from Rimor's own efforts to do similar projects or their own stuff. Atlantean has a more relaxed rp community, while Rimor (from what I've learned myself) is a smaller rp community but more hardcore.

Sure sometimes things on RK1 may have dominated a storyline which was meant for both servers, but there have been times when I would see a global news article mentioning only RK2 role-players, which apparently applied to both servers and I didn't have a problem with it.

Get a refund on your bet, I'm trying to avoid any further conflict with Mr. Underwear.
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Aug 12th, 2009 at 15:44:52.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Hey your rep in your own server is not pristine, I got plenty of tells from Rimor roleplayers about your wonderful personality (yes I'm being sarcastic), but at least I've tried to settle things with you like a man. Unfortunately it's become painfully obvious that you won't let it go, it's a shame.
    Unlike you, I don't try to act high and mighty. I openly admit I don't make a lot of people happy, but one thing I think you will find is that I am committed to my community, and this commitment runs deeper then personal feelings.

You've been stomping on ARK for quite some time, to the point you were banned from events (your character was ignored). Now you do a complete turn around and say they're on track. I'm not sure how you went from throwing stones to throwing flowers in a matter of a few months.
    There's a reason I call you Windtard. I'm banned from RP because I railed against a corrupted Events Director. He's been replaced and things have by and large been on the up and up. Events has been getting better, therefore, my attitude toward them better. You're still an *******, so I still treat you like an *******.

So your continued "Rimor is better than Atlantean" somehow now makes sense because you've rationalized it as... a benefit for the while community? How?
    1) Stronger sense of community (which you already demonstrated your barometer to gauge this is broken) and 2) No Windtard. I could go on, but really, we don't need to justify why we're superior.

I could see some sense if... we were talking about PvP servers.... there is competition with PvP, kills, titles, etc. There is none of that with role-playing. Actually role-playing is an interactive hobby rather than competitive, you roleplay with others, there are no "I got 143 in Roleplaying skill!" or "omg! I hit Expert Roleplayer title!".
    We're not so much competing in RP, Tardo. It's more like We're Pepsi, and you're Diet Pepsi. Same Product, just your recipe is different to make you a 'lite' version.

How exactly does boasting about being a "better" role-playing server does it server the whole community in a positive way?
    For the same reason Americans like to boast how great America is. It boosts our self-esteem. Learn to love something. Or, Try to find something to love you. Then you may understand what I'm talking about.

I did talk to them during my last visit which lasted quite a few weeks, however if I was to start quoting people, I think they wouldn't be too happy about it, so let's leave that alone shall we?
    I'll call your bluff here. Put up or Shut up.

Nobody is perfect, and yes, at times I can be an *******, ask the AOU Team, sometimes I can be difficult to work with, but I try to be a TEAM player and work with others so that the project (whatever it may be) benefits the community as best as possible.
    Congratulations? I work with my Community on my Projects too, so what point are you trying to make?

I didn't like you Trousers, and for a time during (and weeks after) my visit to Rimor I didn't even want to hear anything related to you... however I've put that aside since then for the simple reason that I got better things to do than having to deal with you because.... honestly even replying to some of your posts gave me a headache.
    I don't like you either. And I enjoy how I can hit such a deep nerve with you using only 1 sentence. I just love how fragile you are.

I really was hoping for you to change your mind, so we could be civil to each other, maybe even (was a long shot) discuss and share ideas regarding the improvement of role-playing opportunities in our servers. Of course, I'm a dreamer... not gonna happen.
    Then quit provoking me, dummy.

If you want to continue your "My server is better than yours" motto, go right ahead man... comic relief comes in many shapes.
    And I shall. I'm glad you find people's convictions amusing you superficial *******.

PS: Maybe you want to update your signature Trousers, since the link to your own Perseus Spiral News online publication is broken (it's set to http://www.rimorbuzz.com/newsfeed/ and it should be http://www.ao-rp.net).
    Grasping for things to attack me on now? lol. You're such a sad little man.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I think this whole fight is kinda sad.

You know you guys got better stuff to do.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    I think this whole fight is kinda sad.

You know you guys got better stuff to do.
    You're telling me, I'm having to explain common sense topics like Patriotism to a grown man!

Unlike you, I don't try to act high and mighty.
    Complete /fail on that one. You act like that quite a bit.

I openly admit I don't make a lot of people happy, but one thing I think you will find is that I am committed to my community, and this commitment runs deeper then personal feelings.
    I don't doubt your commitment, I'm pretty sure you are 100% committed which is why your projects are so successful and up-to-date (no joke).

There's a reason I call you Windtard. I'm banned from RP because I railed against a corrupted Events Director.
    A corrupted Events Director, that's news to me.

You're still an *******, so I still treat you like an *******.
    I tried to make peace with you more than once, but I guess you are not going to let it go.

I could go on, but really, we don't need to justify why we're superior.
    I didn't ask for a justification of why Rimor is "superior", you continue to simply put down Atlantean as if that server has done something wrong to yours...

We're not so much competing in RP, Tardo. It's more like We're Pepsi, and you're Diet Pepsi. Same Product, just your recipe is different to make you a 'lite' version.
    I think we're Coca Cola and you're Pepsi if we're to make a comparison.

For the same reason Americans like to boast how great America is. It boosts our self-esteem. Learn to love something. Or, Try to find something to love you. Then you may understand what I'm talking about.
    I don't think the self esteem of rimorean roleplayers are so low that they need you to boost them by putting down the atlantean roleplayers. I live in America, and even though it's nice here I wouldn't boast since there is a lot of stuff wrong going on here (which probably also applies to most countries). I love roleplaying, but it doesn't blind me so that I have to put others down because of it.

I'll call your bluff here. Put up or Shut up.
    Not a bluff, I meant what I said. I rather you get all upset about it than lose the trust of those who talked to me privately.

I don't like you either. And I enjoy how I can hit such a deep nerve with you using only 1 sentence. I just love how fragile you are.
    If I was fragile I would have left Rimor the day you banned me from your RPnet, I didn't, actually I stayed for quite some time in my visit and continued Rimor projects months after I had been there (one is still ongoing).

Then quit provoking me, dummy.
    At worst, I'm arguing with you which you can't seem to handle without name calling.

I'm glad you find people's convictions amusing you superficial *******.
    When did I say anything about me finding anyone's convictions amusing? If you refer to my "comic relief" comment, well then you're twisting the meaning of my comment around. From my point of view "My server is better than yours" based on role-playing is petty, doesn't make sense and it's an obvious attempt to demean the Atlantean server RP community based on your own personal judgement... in other words, a joke (thus "comic relief").

Grasping for things to attack me on now? lol. You're such a sad little man.
    The fact is that I go to PSN often, and noticed the broken link by accident in the previous post because I wanted to check if there was any new article and it came up "Not Found", it is unfortunate that even a simple thing as pointing out a broken link is taken as an attack.
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Aug 12th, 2009 at 18:24:48.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

So, to sum everything up...

You're upset because someone ( me) doesn't like you.

You're upset because you see me saying "Rimor is the Superior Community" as a put down, which isn't not.

And when you make strawman arguments, you refuse to defend them.

So, now please, show me a post where I said "RK1 RPers suck" or shut up.

That is quite enough, please. Take this to private messages to hash out or drop it.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

* noes! I just opened my popcorn...*

Quote Originally Posted by Tucxedo View Post
    * noes! I just opened my popcorn...*
    For drama and comedy check out "The Night of the White Pants", pretty much the same.

PS: Highly recommended, I had a ball watching it a few weeks ago. This should keep you more entertained.
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Aug 13th, 2009 at 12:24:28.

I love how even when the Mods tell him to stop, he can't.

Sooooo Devdas and or Pheats will there be cake at the meeting?
    And if so will it be evil cake? I know how you guys love the evil.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    I love how even when the Mods tell him to stop, he can't.
    Talking about yourself in the third person's not typically a good idea
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Talking about yourself in the third person's not typically a good idea
    You're so funny you should be the Humor Professional too!

This is not the first time I or my moderators have had to step into a thread like this to deal with a similar issue.

I am possessed of great patience, but it's getting seriously tried. I expect to see an upturn in behaviour from certain users - especially in a serious and important thread, such as this one - or I will follow some of the more severe avenues of repercussion avaliable to me.

You have been warned.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

*nearly choking on the popcorn while stuffing half a bag at once in under 10 seconds*

I'm just waiting on a reply about the cake.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    I'm just waiting on a reply about the cake.
    oooo!
    Cake!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

It's getting close to that time of the year again...

Since the 2008 meeting occurred in March and the 2009 occurred in August, I figured I’d raise this topic early so that it does not become a rushed issue.

I would like to officially request that 2010’s meeting be planned and a date pegged down in advance. I would also like to request that this date become a static, reoccurring date which can be planned for in the future.

If I had to make a suggestion; 3rd weekend of the 6th month of the year.

I’m sure we’re all looking forward to your response.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123