Thread: ChitChat magazine, edition 20

ChitChat magazine, edition 20

Omni-Pol protects?

"Reducing fear, disorder and crime through warfare and intelligence."

Those are the (in)famous words Omni-Pol uses to distinguish themselves on Rubi-Ka, but is it really so? Let's find out together...

Recently i came into contact with a renowned off-world researcher, Doctor Krankenstein, who did some intresting investigations on Rubi-Ka, with the following result: Omni-Pol actually brings more fear, crime and anarchotic disorder on Rubi-Ka.

Don't just believe my word on it though, just have a look at these statistics from Dr. Krankenstein, and view the facts...

Crime, anarchy and peace ratings before Omni-Pol came
    Crime, anarchy and peace ratings after Omni-Pol came

Average citizen deathrate per year

Details on deathrate per year

So as you can see, does Omni-Pol really protect? In my opinion and that of the researcher, it doesn't. Bear in mind too these statistics are not counting in deaths on people that fight back like clan warriors or neutral warriors.

Will Omni-Pol actually start reducing crime? Should Omni-Pol be shoo-ed off? Is there a division even worse than Omni-Pol? Read it all in upcoming ChitChat magazines!

-- Advertisement: Send in your ChitChat purchase receipt + 10k credits now to get your very own Clan Leader sticker book! --
    Last edited by playboyfixer; Feb 6th, 2008 at 23:12:56.
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

While i doubt the truth of the statistical material and dare to assume that the numbers are freely made up, i am well amused about the very first two statistics.

In both of them, the crime "peace" is listed. This very much proves that the statistical material is from a clan-source since Omni-Pol, just like any other section of Omni-Pol does not consider peace and pacifism to be any form of crime.
    We are dyslexia of Borg.
    Futility is resistant, your ass will be laminated.

I blame both Omni and Clan for the sudden increase of crime numbers, for example the borealis situation. after omni-tek moved in and took it over and replaced the guards suddenly the clanners felt it necessary to move in aswell and stir up the trouble even more. I doubt omni-pol alone is the cause for the increase of crime rates.
    The Flying Monkey!

Quote Originally Posted by Tethien View Post
    While i doubt the truth of the statistical material and dare to assume that the numbers are freely made up, i am well amused about the very first two statistics.

In both of them, the crime "peace" is listed. This very much proves that the statistical material is from a clan-source since Omni-Pol, just like any other section of Omni-Pol does not consider peace and pacifism to be any form of crime.
    you got it all wrong though, those statistics show the amount of peace, criminality and pure anarchy in Rubi-Ka, before, and after Omni-Pol showed up
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Those numbers don't really tell anything about Omni-Pol, they just tell us that there are more crime now than it was before and why?
    There are more people on Rubi-Ka now than it was before Omni-Pol came along.
    When there are more people, there will be more crime and there will be more deaths by Omni gunfire.
    If you made a graph with death by clan gunfire you would see an increase there to.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

actually the famous Dr Krankenstein did that check too and surprise: Clan soldiers don't kill off citizens at random (at least not their own side)

Quote Originally Posted by Tethien View Post

Actually I beleive failure to provide armed assistance when requested is a punishable crime in OT since Zora took over so...

When exactly did Omni-Pol show up? I was always under the impression that they came with the first settlers on the Behemoth.

Quote Originally Posted by MollieS View Post
    When exactly did Omni-Pol show up? I was always under the impression that they came with the first settlers on the Behemoth.
    I fairly sure ur correct. OT uses an "Organizational Template" to setup operations on a new world. Included in this are 'support' divisions, including Omni-Pol, and various supply divisions.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

So, these statistics are based on averages from when the Alantian and Rimor landed in September 03 28702, and then from once the Behemoth landed (Dec 17 28702) till now. Interesting. I could have sworn, also, both vessels only had a handful of scientist each, and not the thousands that Dr. Krankenstein’s data is reporting.

It basically means some clan "scientist" made up some numbers for his research since investigating into actual historical facts would have been work.
    We are dyslexia of Borg.
    Futility is resistant, your ass will be laminated.

Rose Alward: Omni-pol protects law abbiding citizens. So if you break the law you may end up shot. Its pretty simple really. As for the numbers i would want proof of his research and sources until then its just fictional information and clanner propganda. Omni-pol should sue your paper for slander.
    Main Role Play Toons
    ------------------------------
    Agentrose-Rose Alward-Agent
    Abbagail Parsil--Rose's daughter
    Jasminum-Jasmine Linglaya
    Jadedj- Jaden Linglaya-
    Laylana-Doctor-Corporal of Omni-Pol and DJ
    Opangel-engie-Corporal of Omni-Pol
    http://omnipol.sytes.net/join.php

I doubt omni-pol would bother suing clanners, as for taking it seriously... this is ChitChat were talking about here people, if theres truth in it, its purely accidental it seems