Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adventurer solo pvp titles

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-Marius View Post
    Thank you Phantobe, and I am surprised I haven't gotten any other comments on it, guess people just don't take the time to actually read the forums like they used to.

I really like your list too, actually....

Theo
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

Have to say that i like Pande-Marius list much better then i like what the devs managed to come up with on this one. With other words "Replace!!!!"
    Florentino"Marlark" Suitt
    Master of the Universe of The Asylum

[Genesis] Marlark: First rule of Genesis, Blame canada for anything and everything with other words blame Rotender.
    [Tsunameh]: i just bought this acct on ebay and you're only friend on the friendslist. There's no creds, could i get some plx?
    [Genesis] Marlark: **** HAPPEN WHEN YOU PARTY NAKED!!!!!!
    [Nipntuck]: what org r u in

Originally Posted by "Thetweek" : yeah well its a big thing to do marlark is like god :> so hard to go against him hehe

Imho Desperado and Bladerunner must be highest

Thanks to everyone's comments in support, however I just posted it as suggestions, not as a whole replacement Idea, just to give the Professionals something constructive to pass to the Devs.

and as for Desperado

des·per·a·do (děs'pə-rä'dō, -rā'-)
    A bold or desperate outlaw, especially of the American frontier.
    a bold, reckless criminal or outlaw, esp. in the early days of the American West.
    "a person in despair," mock-Spanish version of desperate (n.) "reckless criminal"

Now how the heck does that fit in with what our theme is supposed to be?
    A Reckless Criminal? Sounds more toward the likes of Vagabond... thats why I don't like it.

And seeing a JEPP/MK6 Advy run by with the title Bladerunner just seems odd.

And in my list, maybe Transmigrant should be replaced with Pathfinder, because that seems to be a lower denomination of Excursionist. I wanted to say Venturer, but Adventurer Venturer Bubblereborn just doesn't appeal to me.

Advies come in 2 flavors, Melee and Ranged, so putting something like Swashbuckler (immediately makes me thing of a pirate) kinda drifts the mind toward someone who uses swords, and I don't think its fair to our pistol friends to stake claims on our title names, to make it seem like melee advie is superior ( even though we all know they are )

Once again, just my opinions.
    Last edited by Panda-Marius; Feb 6th, 2008 at 10:40:28.
    If blood is thicker than water, then you'll drown quicker than we intended.
    Tiny "Furrybubbles" Everwhere - 216 Adventurer
    Seven years in game, and still exploring. 220 can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-Marius View Post
    Advies come in 2 flavors, Melee and Ranged, so putting something like Swashbuckler (immediately makes me thing of a pirate) kinda drifts the mind toward someone who uses swords, and I don't think its fair to our pistol friends to stake claims on our title names, to make it seem like melee advie is superior ( even though we all know they are )
    Well thought out comments altogether even if I quoted only a little bit. I guess that with the swashbuckler thing I was thinking too much about ninja pirates

Pioneer, to me, has too many army connotations. Also tend to think about settlers. Journeyman isn't bad at all, but again brings trader nanos to mind.

One thing is to keep the titles used in titlelevels apart from pvp titles, otherwise it'd sound silly. Advy title levels as they are now:

• Scout
    • Hunter
    • Preserver
    • Adventurer
    • Wanderer
    • Ranger
    • Vanguard

I can also subscribe to Panda-Marius's list... but please change Journeyman to Trailblazer and add Wayfarer to 6 or 7 / remove Pioneer and adjust rest of the ranks up please
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Panda, with all due respect , I don't like your list. I know you really put your mind to it, but I don't like explorer titles (I would go play Silkroad Online or something if I wanted to be Frontiersman Marco Polo). This is also true for FC's titles, but at least there is something better than explorer titles in their list (desperado and outrider), while your list is pure explorer related stuff.

Excursionist - c'mon, since when we're playing children loving bus driving tour making characters? I mean, really, wth is with that one ? Same for Expeditionist - picnic anyone? Can't love those kind of titles. Yes, we get green adventuring skill and nano "great explorer" (which only pervs use in certain situations), but that doesn't mean that's all adventurers are.

If we are googling dictionaries just for fun:

ad·ven·ture (d-vnchr)
    n.
    a. An undertaking or enterprise of a hazardous nature.
    b. An undertaking of a questionable nature, especially one involving intervention in another state's affairs.
    2. An unusual or exciting experience: an adventure in dining.
    3. Participation in hazardous or exciting experiences: the love of adventure.
    4. A financial speculation or business venture.
    v. ad·ven·tured, ad·ven·tur·ing, ad·ven·tures
    v.tr.
    1. To venture upon; undertake or try.
    2. To expose to danger or risk; hazard.
    v.intr.
    1. To take a risk; dare.
    2. To proceed despite risks.

So, exploration isn't equal to adventuring, and especially in AO advies don't have nothing to with exploring stuff. We kill. We heal. We solo. We don't go around with ink and map in hands and make maps. Just look at our profession titles - Scout, Hunter, Preserver, Adventurer, Wanderer, Ranger, Vanguard. Only 1st one can be associated with exploring, but I think they had more in mind military role than some boy scout role. Other titles don't suggest us running around exploring landscape.
    These are pvp titles after all - so don't put exploring where it doesn't belong. Again, same goes for FCs titles. No to exploration titles, yes to something meaningful and cool.
    Skpuppy - 220/29/70 Adventurer

Outrider is just horrible.. the others are pretty ok in my book.

Well sure, I wasn't expecting everyone to be all happy and peppy about my list, and I was not posting it to be a replacement for anything, but more as an example of title progression toward something bigger.

I can see that all the other titles are combat related, and I kinda steered away from that. I guess the way I see adventurers is as protectors and making things safer for everyone else, not just going out and killing stuff for the hell of it.

And if you want something meaningful and and 'cool', post a list that keeps to a theme pf progression and what advies stand for, without using and of the other titles from other classes, or the ones from our Title listing.
    Last edited by Panda-Marius; Feb 6th, 2008 at 20:17:03.
    If blood is thicker than water, then you'll drown quicker than we intended.
    Tiny "Furrybubbles" Everwhere - 216 Adventurer
    Seven years in game, and still exploring. 220 can wait.

the entire list is boring and has little to do with what it represents imo, those are more liek pvm titles. PvP titles would be more like:

Scout

Survivalist

Trapper

Hunter

Wolf

Savage

Stalker

Predator

maybe 'Beast' could fit in there somehow

...or some realistic progression.
    Last edited by RedWatr; Feb 9th, 2008 at 04:43:16. Reason: Edit button abuser
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

predator please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

Think you forgot...

Camper, or

Capper :P

hehe
    Span

Stalker please thankx.

seems like these would fall into the progression as well:

Scavenger

Carnivorous

Rabid

Threat

Hunted

Rapacious

Beast
    (would not be top dog in this progression, Beast in the difinitive placement of "Humanoid animal".
    Last edited by RedWatr; Feb 9th, 2008 at 04:44:41.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Posted my lineup in 17.8 forum, because I honestly don't want this boring, bland, and barely thought out title line-up to hit live. PLEASE follow up there with your own thoughts and ideas, and let's hope for the best I guess

Scavenger
    Scout
    Survivalist
    Trapper
    Hunter
    Savage
    Beast (defining humanoid-animal, not our furry well known buddy, THE Beast)
    Wolf
    Stalker
    Predator

*hope I'm not steppin on anyones toes, if i am, sorry...move faster
    Last edited by RedWatr; Feb 9th, 2008 at 05:27:53.
    T O O N Z:

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    Posted my lineup in 17.8 forum, because I honestly don't want this boring, bland, and barely thought out title line-up to hit live. PLEASE follow up there with your own thoughts and ideas, and let's hope for the best I guess

Scavenger
    Scout
    Survivalist
    Trapper
    Hunter
    Savage
    Wolf
    Stalker
    Predator

I like these Waiting for some more feedback on that list and then I'll submit it to the devs and hope that they'll change them
    Vassilis - lvl 220/30 Adventurer (RK2)
    Perasma - lvl 207/xx Enforcer
    Martingale - lvl 150/20 Fixer
    Gouryella - lvl 114/12 Trader
    Zocalo - lvl 95/10 Agent

Dark Front
    - Visit our Forums

Scavenger
    Scout
    Survivalist
    Trapper
    Hunter
    Savage
    Wolf
    Stalker
    Predator

I don't play an adv, but I like what you came up with here. I always viewed advy's as rougue/ranger types, and I believe these play to that idea very well. I especially like stalker/predator.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Predator as ultimate advy title sounds uber!
    Zenevan2 - 220/30/70 agent

Scavenger
    Scout
    Survivalist
    Trapper
    Hunter
    Savage
    Wolf
    Stalker
    Predator
    While I do kind of like the previous progression, although it had a different emphasis on our profession role. This one, combining both our shape-changing ability and leaning more towards the killing role, is probably more suitable for PVP. I'm feeling lukewarm about Scavenger and Beast in the list, though. Beast primarily because of The Beast.

Theo
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

bump for jeys list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

Quote Originally Posted by Theonora View Post
    ... This one, combining both our shape-changing ability and leaning more towards the killing role, is probably more suitable for PVP.
    Thank you, that's exactly where i was going, what an adventurer means in the roll of "pvp" combat, which is what i kinda thought this was about. Thier list was too safe imo, barely touching on our roll in even PvM.

I personally dislike Desperado, but could see replacing Beast with it if people have a hard time separating THE Beast from A Beast. Plus a little ranged luv goes a long way i guess since Desperado is traditionally seen as a pistoleer.

Scavenger is somewhat demoralizing, which i like as and incentive to continue the journey forward; it also says "I may be a beginner, but I DO have teeth". I think most of the starter names should lean towards humility, and reward your ego/pride/epeen sliightly more each progression. Wanderer (1. to ramble without a definite purpose or objective) could replace this if need be. or even come before it.

I mean, this is just what I came up with. I'm sure there's room for better names in certain slots, but we need ideas. I spent about 3 hours on this so far looking at definations, hierarchies, etc....brain hurts.
    T O O N Z:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast