Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agents were meant to be assasins. We are too far from it :(

Angry Agents were meant to be assasins. We are too far from it :(

Agents were meant to be deadly assasins. Using long range and only one special (Aimed shot). This "Aimed shot" was meant to take out the target completely... "ASSASINATE" it. It wasn't meant to be a high dmg specials it was meant to be an "insta-kill" special.. or something very close to it. At the moment Aimed Shot in PvP is utterly worthless. Im pretty sure I speak for all Agents when I say we could do with a boost to Aimed shot.. and in the days before 12.8 the pvp cap we could get insta kills.

Agents owned PvP. Now Doctors own pvp.. and healing types. This is not the way it is supposed to be. Doctors were never implemented in being the best PvP proffesion but in this point and time they are. The ability to heal for more than the person can damage for is more than an advantage. We can only do 40% of thier HP. A Doctor can heal faster than we can hit our special button.. and for more than 40% too. A lvl 165 Clan Doctor ... Drzand with a Rookie title owns everyone in 2ho.

This is very unbalanced. I would like to see the proffesions like Agents who do MORE dmg than they can take.. get back into the PvP Arena. At the moment we are beaten down by those who can heal or have alot of HP.

I believe that 40% of someones HP is not an Assasinations. Agents were meant to take out thier targets with insta-kills from afar.. Thus filling the role of an Assasin or Sniper type proffesion.. AGENT/SPY being the correct phrase. Right now all that we amount to are low grade soldiers with no MK shield and only 1 special... lower HP and lower AC.

In a game.. in any MMORPG logically could you picture a DOCTOR.. whose sole proffesion is based on healing and reviving.. being the BEST and most UBER proffesion for PvP? Can you see them taking our Soldiers and Agents? Stabbing them to death with Syringes? Well this is whats happening and its just too unbalanced.

I propose the following:

1. Remove the Aimed shot nerf.. That wasn't cool and was placed over all those whiny NTs who wanted Rookie

2. Remove the PvP Cap.. this cap only makes healers the prime proffesions for PvP.. Thus destroying the purpous of damage proffesions such as Agents or Soldiers (to an extent).

3. If proposition #2 isnt taken.. then I suggest a HEAL cap on healing in PvP. If dmg is capped at 40%.. shouldnt healing be capped lower? This seems like a boring pvp fight: I do 40% dmg.. Doc heals i tup.. I do 40% dmg.. doc heals it up.. all the while the doc is using his weapon.. dimach etc. on me.

4. Make use of the conceal skill.. right now all its good for (almost) is pulling off AS on mobs. Make it so conceal is worth something in PvP.. maybe effecting the tab key or how many shots the opponant misses on you.

No flames please or ignorant whiners. This is a logical thread based on recent problems and probable solutions. If you want to troll go to the NT forums or some place well they'll give you some cookies.

ROFL... you dont know when to stop do you? You dont get any support at all, not even from agents.. seems to me you are very much alone in your MEGA WHINES about how much agents sucks.

You call NT whiners, ok i admit we can whine but we have a reason to do so, but you.. YOU ARE THE BIGGEST WHINER I HAVE EVER SEEN... You keep on posting your nonsense whiny posts about this and that, get no support and still you continue, why dont you try to talk to some other agents, and ask em what they do, cause you have to do something wrong. I team daily with agents who hit for up to 11k AS dmg, in PvM. PvP instakills is very fun isnt it? Well not so many except you thinks so...

You have a few good points about healing etc, but the rest is nothing but whine for the sake for whining.
    Last edited by Garzu; Dec 24th, 2001 at 03:31:12.
    NT phone HOME!!

I have to agree with Garzu here, you must be the biggest whiner of them all, every post I see you whine.

Insta kills are just stupid, I like the 40% cap but I also think that it would be more logical if soldiers, enforcers, agents and maybe MA, NT would be the best PvP prof, not Docs or MPs

I would like to see a few changes in PvP

1) change healing so it heal less.

2) Change root so noone can root, shot, shot, root, shot shot, until the other are dead, the best solution I can come up with is that you only can use root once every min or something like that(I would want roots removed from PvP, but that's only a dream from a MA so I won't even suggest that :P )

3) Change so if the MP die the pets get terminated or teleported to the MP (I dueld a lvl 155 doc yesterday, I was lvl 114 then, I had doc to half health when she killed me, but she couldn't kill my pet and cuz it was a duel she didn't run, so she died too...)

And a few general changed:

1) Change so wrangler only add to weapon skills, not nano skills(this make MPs, engis and crats way to powerful, I could use the best demon, Cacodemon, at lvl 112 with a 82 wrangler, that is wrong)

2) Look at the buffs MPs get to buff their pets, +67 every hit, +200 with no disadvantages that last for 20 sec, and give these buffs to other profs so they can buff theirselfs and be more powerful so they can solo, as it is now, almost only the pet profs can solo at higher lvl because they can buff their pets so they do so much damage and can take so many hits.

As it is now, MPs are way to overpowered, but only against other players, make the other players as powerful as MPs so they can solo missions at higher lvl too.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Re: Agents were meant to be assasins. We are too far from it :(

Originally posted by Agentofdeath
    Agents were meant to be deadly assasins. Using long range and only one special (Aimed shot). This "Aimed shot" was meant to take out the target completely... "ASSASINATE" it. It wasn't meant to be a high dmg specials it was meant to be an "insta-kill" special.. or something very close to it. At the moment Aimed Shot in PvP is utterly worthless. Im pretty sure I speak for all Agents when I say we could do with a boost to Aimed shot.. and in the days before 12.8 the pvp cap we could get insta kills.

Agents owned PvP. Now Doctors own pvp.. and healing types. This is not the way it is supposed to be. Doctors were never implemented in being the best PvP proffesion but in this point and time they are. The ability to heal for more than the person can damage for is more than an advantage. We can only do 40% of thier HP. A Doctor can heal faster than we can hit our special button.. and for more than 40% too. A lvl 165 Clan Doctor ... Drzand with a Rookie title owns everyone in 2ho.

This is very unbalanced. I would like to see the proffesions like Agents who do MORE dmg than they can take.. get back into the PvP Arena. At the moment we are beaten down by those who can heal or have alot of HP.

I believe that 40% of someones HP is not an Assasinations. Agents were meant to take out thier targets with insta-kills from afar.. Thus filling the role of an Assasin or Sniper type proffesion.. AGENT/SPY being the correct phrase. Right now all that we amount to are low grade soldiers with no MK shield and only 1 special... lower HP and lower AC.

In a game.. in any MMORPG logically could you picture a DOCTOR.. whose sole proffesion is based on healing and reviving.. being the BEST and most UBER proffesion for PvP? Can you see them taking our Soldiers and Agents? Stabbing them to death with Syringes? Well this is whats happening and its just too unbalanced.

I propose the following:

1. Remove the Aimed shot nerf.. That wasn't cool and was placed over all those whiny NTs who wanted Rookie

2. Remove the PvP Cap.. this cap only makes healers the prime proffesions for PvP.. Thus destroying the purpous of damage proffesions such as Agents or Soldiers (to an extent).

3. If proposition #2 isnt taken.. then I suggest a HEAL cap on healing in PvP. If dmg is capped at 40%.. shouldnt healing be capped lower? This seems like a boring pvp fight: I do 40% dmg.. Doc heals i tup.. I do 40% dmg.. doc heals it up.. all the while the doc is using his weapon.. dimach etc. on me.

4. Make use of the conceal skill.. right now all its good for (almost) is pulling off AS on mobs. Make it so conceal is worth something in PvP.. maybe effecting the tab key or how many shots the opponant misses on you.

No flames please or ignorant whiners. This is a logical thread based on recent problems and probable solutions. If you want to troll go to the NT forums or some place well they'll give you some cookies.
    Here, let me translate

I WANT TO WIN EVERY TIME AGAINST EVERYONE
    You picked a class that was unbalanced, now your balanced

WAAAAAHHHH.

I have lost to agents in pvp and I have over 5k hp and can heal (with mongo) 5k more easily.

go away.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

This "Aimed shot" was meant to take out the target completely... "ASSASINATE" it. It wasn't meant to be a high dmg specials it was meant to be an "insta-kill" special.. or something very close to it.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Because i was tired playing a gimped NT i started an agent. With this QL160 Gun at lvl50 most of my oppenents drop in 3 shots. Mean they live till the 2nd shot and then i use aimed to kill them. And with my MP healing pet they even dont have a chance to kill me because my dmg-over-time is much higher then theirs. The fight just ends after 3 shots (=10 secs at max.).

Itburnz

the only problem with making heals do less
    how do you tell a PVP vs a PVM battle when healing
    the cap on damage limit was a knee jerk response to a problem
    they didnt solve the problem just did a quick fix
    1 shot kills is unrealistic in a game like this
    agents are not as badly nerfed as you make them out to be
    but they are getting that way with a nerf in every patch for them
    with all the false professions they are supposed to be spies
    well how can they spy on the enemy if they cant do false side

the rifles for agents do need to be a little bit more powerful
    the aimed shot needs to be beefed up a little and it needs to reset a little faster.
    it also needs to be used multiple times on same mob
    with concelment broken for the higher lvl agents and aimed shot doing less damage the agent class needs a fix for PVP

also needed is a fix for resisting nanos
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

First of all you are smoking crack.
    agents kick ass they do more damage pvm than any class i have seen...i love seeing an agent hit a mob for 10000 aimed shot damage and you are going to say they are gimped.
    maybe it doesn't happen every mob but dammit that is hell of more than my stupid doctor ever does over the entire fight with dots and a shotgun.

2 healing is bs. wtf there is one doctor that can own everyone on occasion that did work his ass off to get the best dots and very good evades. I'm sorry if you are not level 165 you should not beat him and why shouldn't doctors be good good for something besides following people around slavishly and healing their stupid selves at some point. For one thing...I *promise* you doctors do not get THAT good until well over 100. i just find it hilarious that you point to drzand as why healing ioverpowered. please stfu if you want to put time into developing your character you can do whatever you want.

3 i would like to ask why people think that healing is overpowered as a doctor i really have to take exception to that being that i have put over 150 levels into developing ONLY healing skills. My character CANNOT do damage as quickly as any other class...she now is using a shotgun and almost decent dots but because i can heal myself beyond the damage you can do i should be nerfed...because i have put so much time and effort into all my nano skills and done nothing but devoted her time to healing people as they try to get levels. I just find that humorous.

And now that i can use complete heal, tell me how is a heal that does 10000 hps each time going to be nerfed. that is such bs. that nano formula alone uses 1400 nano.it will be a sad day if doctors are nerfed again and heals are whatever in pvp because this character has already been nerfed twice, once with fa's and once with dual wielding pillows and people wonder why there are not so many high level doctors. Plus apparently now there is more aggro on doctors with mobs and that has cut it down more. To me, it seems balanced that a 165 doctor can own level 130s and i can actually not die in three seconds in a fair fight against people my own level. to some this may not seem fair but i built my character to be able to heal and to think that now there is not some advantage at all against classes that have 100 different attacks. i'm sorry but if you think that healing classes own in pvp you are not thinking clearly.

This post is so totally incomprehensible but it really makes me angry that the one thing doctors do people cry to be nerfed when they are NOT even the ones that own in pvp. i don't want any classes to be nerfed i don't want anyones time and effort to be wasted so i don't cry on boards about who beats me in pvp. There are things called strategies to beat classes in pvp esp in a multi player game. stfu learn how to make friends and whatever, i'm sorry if you can't figure it out from there you should really go back to quake where everything is very simple for you.

Agents need to do more damage. Hum. Yeah I can see that. I can definitely see that. I think an agent should also be able to sneak through the internet, into your house, and take whatever they want. They should be able to part oceans, and turn lead into gold. Let's just all bow our heads and pray that insta-kills come back. God I miss just entering a zone, dead. Please funcom beef up agents. While you're at it could you add an extra xero onto the damage hammers do? Oh and could meta's have the ability to destroy entire planets with thier anger? Thanks.

*cough* 2HE MA weapons *cough* neededbadly

Originally posted by Garzu
    ROFL... you dont know when to stop do you? You dont get any support at all, not even from agents.. seems to me you are very much alone in your MEGA WHINES about how much agents sucks.

You call NT whiners, ok i admit we can whine but we have a reason to do so, but you.. YOU ARE THE BIGGEST WHINER I HAVE EVER SEEN... You keep on posting your nonsense whiny posts about this and that, get no support and still you continue, why dont you try to talk to some other agents, and ask em what they do, cause you have to do something wrong. I team daily with agents who hit for up to 11k AS dmg, in PvM. PvP instakills is very fun isnt it? Well not so many except you thinks so...

You have a few good points about healing etc, but the rest is nothing but whine for the sake for whining.

LOL!!! Im lvl 78 Agent with a QL 174 Lovemaker. Your probably talking about the lvl 180 game I dunno what lvl you are very high probably but Im not that high so dont compair yourself to me.

Im not a whiner and I am bringing up viable points.

Originally posted by Esmee
    First of all you are smoking crack.
    agents kick ass they do more damage pvm than any class i have seen...i love seeing an agent hit a mob for 10000 aimed shot damage and you are going to say they are gimped.
    maybe it doesn't happen every mob but dammit that is hell of more than my stupid doctor ever does over the entire fight with dots and a shotgun.

2 healing is bs. wtf there is one doctor that can own everyone on occasion that did work his ass off to get the best dots and very good evades. I'm sorry if you are not level 165 you should not beat him and why shouldn't doctors be good good for something besides following people around slavishly and healing their stupid selves at some point. For one thing...I *promise* you doctors do not get THAT good until well over 100. i just find it hilarious that you point to drzand as why healing ioverpowered. please stfu if you want to put time into developing your character you can do whatever you want.

3 i would like to ask why people think that healing is overpowered as a doctor i really have to take exception to that being that i have put over 150 levels into developing ONLY healing skills. My character CANNOT do damage as quickly as any other class...she now is using a shotgun and almost decent dots but because i can heal myself beyond the damage you can do i should be nerfed...because i have put so much time and effort into all my nano skills and done nothing but devoted her time to healing people as they try to get levels. I just find that humorous.

And now that i can use complete heal, tell me how is a heal that does 10000 hps each time going to be nerfed. that is such bs. that nano formula alone uses 1400 nano.it will be a sad day if doctors are nerfed again and heals are whatever in pvp because this character has already been nerfed twice, once with fa's and once with dual wielding pillows and people wonder why there are not so many high level doctors. Plus apparently now there is more aggro on doctors with mobs and that has cut it down more. To me, it seems balanced that a 165 doctor can own level 130s and i can actually not die in three seconds in a fair fight against people my own level. to some this may not seem fair but i built my character to be able to heal and to think that now there is not some advantage at all against classes that have 100 different attacks. i'm sorry but if you think that healing classes own in pvp you are not thinking clearly.

This post is so totally incomprehensible but it really makes me angry that the one thing doctors do people cry to be nerfed when they are NOT even the ones that own in pvp. i don't want any classes to be nerfed i don't want anyones time and effort to be wasted so i don't cry on boards about who beats me in pvp. There are things called strategies to beat classes in pvp esp in a multi player game. stfu learn how to make friends and whatever, i'm sorry if you can't figure it out from there you should really go back to quake where everything is very simple for you.

LOL! Esmee Ive seen youve insulted me 10x over in your response. I am not asking for a NERF on Doctor. I am asking for a NERF on healing in PvP. Did you even read 1/4 of my thread?

Agents hitting for 10k? Im lvl 78 dont compair me to your lil high lvl games.

hmpf

Agent.o.D. ...

i am a lvl 91 Atrox Fixer - and you will kill me in PvP.

however im an Atrox, and especially if your using Ruse, id expect to be able to pick up that little barbie doll in front of me and empty my frikken clip down your throat...

is AO ever going to be 'realistic' ?

no.

If you want uberness and one-shot-kills; this is not the game for you.
    Zack "Raik" Brumble - "Boom Hippie Bye Bye, the Raik is back!"

Red face I'll have to side with Death

Agentofdeath is right on this one. Instakills make the game more enjoyable.

I am however a little disturbed that agents don't have a 30 minute mk shield. They should also fly and shoot fireballs during their reload times.

I was also thinking that since agents are in essence snipers, there should be no cap on their distance and they should have no problem firing accross an entire zone.. while flying... and shooting fireballs.

Im also supprised that no one has complained that agents can't root while fp'ing mp! I feel that agents should be able to use all agent nano's while fp'd, and that they should be able to cancel fp at anytime, while flying, and shooting fireballs.

And better nerf those healers while we're at it, I crit him twice with my super ultra uber r0x0r twinked on lovemaker and he was able to heal some of it, bet that wouldn't have happened if I were flying and shooting fireballs with my 30 minute mk shield!

Talking

Zack "Raik" Brumble - "Boom Hippie Bye Bye, the Raik is back!"

Agent + FP MP = Just as Overpowered + Rifle

I like Necessity's suggestions since they are the only reasonable ones on this thread hehe

Originally posted by Ming
    ...Oh and could meta's have the ability to destroy entire planets with thier anger? Thanks.
    Mmmmmm....planets....tasty...*drool*

I'd give up a 3rd pet for that .
    Former Omni Prime Minister, The Hand of Chronos- aohoc.tripod.com

Re: I'll have to side with Death

Originally posted by Necessity
    Agentofdeath is right on this one. Instakills make the game more enjoyable.
    ... Not for the guy getting insta-killed it isnt.
    ChibiKawai - The KAYOOTEST Level 40 NT ever.

"IWANNASTUFFEDTEDDY AND I WANT ONE NOW!!"

I got this one...

/me walks over to D.Shaffer
    /me flips open a plate at the back of D.Shaffer's skull
    /me re-activates D.Shaffer's Sarcasm detector
    /me shuts the plate and taps D.Shaffer on the head

Everything should be working fine now...
    Former Omni Prime Minister, The Hand of Chronos- aohoc.tripod.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast