Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tying up lose ends.. AO past, present, future..

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    Put it up to vote again?

They hire most of their GMs Xaun, so if you can keep in the structure and be very very good and work so very very hard in such and obviously idea, overall picture, graphics design sort of way ... then you can get a job at AO as a wweal GM and wear a funny smelly gween suit!

After that total Funcom domination and we all lub j00!

(More than Mr. "I was a n00b " *cough* still are *cough* *runs from Forum and keeps eye out for heavy set Americans with false Italian accents*)
    I tried.. /denied

*bump for a great thread*

Yeah, takes a certain sort of person to be an ARK.

I was more interested in the creative team. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    I was more interested in the creative team. Oh well.
    you forgot to link my thread :d

ps wth did you get banned for? :P
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoticshade View Post
    you forgot to link my thread :d

ps wth did you get banned for? :P
    All fixed.. got sidetracked and missed your response saying ok!
    Last edited by Xaun; Feb 12th, 2008 at 08:15:01.

Exclamation

i Suggest a Victory tranfer object of sorts, like the IPR objects or token objects but you can buy them in a stack of 1000,5000,10000,20000. and be able to give these objects to others so that when they right click the object their charater is credited x amount of VPs, the twist could be that it costs double the amount of VPs to give Vps to soem one else, like a token costing 1000 VPs will give 500 vp to the recipent, and also make them stackable so that people who have no life other then PVPing in Battlestation can probably sell them, or those who have a hard time makeing money but have VPs can sell the VPs for money to other players OR buy a Victory credit token that gives creds for the vp you decide to exchange? jsut a few ideas to mull over.

PS. WTB higher drop rate on Spirit baubles and the swatches needed to make creseptual armor, as it is jsut abotu as good as tier and some what better then ofab in some slots, looks good, good ac values and mods but jsut the fact that its such a rare drop is rediclious, or atleast make the parts missionable/questable. TY
    Your tears evoke a taste as memorable as honey.

Rerolled: 3 220 toons.

Updated with new suggestions and links.

Holy crap, /win thread, bump.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by GwarGwar View Post
    i Suggest a Victory tranfer object of sorts,
    Was deliberately not included to try and remove farmers that will sell VP online.

I didn't read the RP part, but all the rest are amazing ideas.
    It would have me back ingame in a flash if only a half of what you suggested makes it's way ingame.

Big Bump !
    Last edited by Electricboogaloo; Feb 13th, 2008 at 15:06:27.
    Major "Fiddlybit" Marone 220/30 Soli Crat
    President of Due Diligence Cannot Win
    Alt of Freqflyerdnt

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    ur jst mad cuz we cmunikte mor efshntly lol

Thank you for the bumpage. I am still keeping my eye out for ideas that just scream marketable in the suggestions thread. Just let me know if you think your idea fits here with this type of proposal.

bump
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Added in Elite Instance idea regarding new PVM content for RK.

There's an intro movie is there?

Good lord. I have missed out.

I joined AO in early 2006 in a moment of sheer desperation. (My MUD was unplayable for five weeks due to country wide lag - a submarine took out a major link.)

I saw on the webpage there was AO client to download - a few of my friends from IRC were playing froobs. I figured I'd see what all the fuss was about. But the only client to download was called 15.7.3_nointro. I looked for about five minutes, for one that had an intro. No luck.

If there's an intro, it is not immediately obvious to a new person, where it might come from. And would it even be relevant any more? (Just a froob video?).

Newplx.

Edit: It's worth noting after downloading 15.7.3_nointro, I had to patch for the better part of an hour just for the most mind numbing poor graphicy newbie island ever (However, there still was glowsticks and such). Looking at the webpage now, 23 months later, its still 15.7.3 - Lost eden alone is 300 meg, almost all of the patches in the 17.x series are 50meg+. Time for a new all-in-one large client to be made available. With an intro movie.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Feb 27th, 2008 at 04:27:39.

I recently re-DLed AO for a fresh install and the large client via BitTorrent linked to from the AO site already had LE bundled up with it. The 17.x patch series had to DL and install seperately, which was irritating, but there is already a client version with all the expansions bundled together.

Still WTB re-bundled clients with each major patch update.
    This is my disillusioned, cynical and lazy Engi rights activist account.
    Quitter092 Placard holder
    Ophiuchus 220/30/70
    Bombqueen 75 frewb
    Lots of random non engis.

Until pets behave reliably, their stats are irrelevant.

Yes there was and it was pretty darn good in its day.. but we got it yanked out for size reasons of the download.. I watch streaming content all the time so I don't really see there reason anymore to not include it.. Another thing that directs alot of the production away from it is that its not really purchasable in the store you have to order online only. Usually things like high quality intro videos are included on the installation disk and not a resource you ever have to download.. probably why it was taken out.. even if I think its better to be in.

I would like to see the morning star tossed out for the junk it is. Most simplistic brainless Character Creation system I have seen.

I would want the ORIGIONAL CC process returned. I want to detail why:

At each step how to play AO is carefully described to you.
    At each step backstory and world building concepts are passed to the player as he creates the character
    At each step precise scientific english is used

It is so "heavy" with thematic atmosphere that its great.

Sure it would need updating but that would be great too. Hell if you like the morning star put it there with a shuttle ride down afterwards. The thing is the old newbie system audables completely describe basic gameplay procedure to the new player. The newbie island DOES NOT, it NEVER HAS. I remember playing in newb after it was brought into the game thinking.. oh yeah... this helps people.. yah right.

Essentially FC wanted something to advertise AI with.. FINE... but they did it at the cost fo AOs "atmosphere". Successive game patches and expansions have bled the game white of atmosphere and left behind: PvP, Twinking, Powerlvling. Atmosphere encourages socializing. Thats good. The "atmosphere" added has all been lowbrow, simplistic, shallow crapola on a stick.

Other things that I would love to see to bring back "depth" to a game voided of it and turned into land of the powerleveling twinking pvp only thing.

Omni-Tek is a hypercorp but it was modeled after noir cyberpunkish bladerunnerish super-corps. One major aspect of that is Corruption. One great way to do that is with dark cities.. which as well all know it rains alot on rome and Ent. More fog and such is needed as well as a graphics facelilft to improove it. But a MAJOR part of corruption is the: Feeding of Employees Vices to the ends of keeping them saited.. saited people dont rebel, follow orders, and thus are profitable.

In those lines OPEN Heads Or Tails. Such "randy" locals are common places for men in suits drinking and smoking fine cigars to plot and scheme in similar stories as to AO. Open up XLossyX as a drug den. Introduce drug effects. .. hey since you like to copy wow.. wow has drunkeness. Should be too hard to add in statmodifiers and a visual filter to the game. The point is stuff like this adds depth to the game beyond the current flat/2d/no depth hollow gameplay and style.

As for the kids? Well I thought you europeans were supposed to be more open about that sorta stuff... har har. I wouldnt mourn the loss of el'kidos. Slap an M on it for Mature. Sex, Drugs, and Heavy Weapons.

As corrupt as the Omni-Cities are with vice, the Clan Enviroment was gritty, frontierish, hard-bitten. Soo much potential there.. so much wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    Omni-Tek is a hypercorp but it was modeled after noir cyberpunkish bladerunnerish super-corps. One major aspect of that is Corruption. One great way to do that is with dark cities.. which as well all know it rains alot on rome and Ent. More fog and such is needed as well as a graphics facelilft to improove it. But a MAJOR part of corruption is the: Feeding of Employees Vices to the ends of keeping them saited.. saited people dont rebel, follow orders, and thus are profitable.
    Of course, allthe "Omni-tek is your friend" propaganda reminds me of another (non-digital) game...

I don't know about you but I always got the distinct feeling that AO's storyline bears striking similarities to "Dune" more than say "Shadowrun" but thats because the ****e must flow! (Aka notum)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast