Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange grid signals

Strange grid signals

Greetings,

My organization’s grid sites have been attacked recently. I tried reverting the changes several times but it seems that whoever’s behind this keep coming back to damage it again. All my attempts to locate the origin of this failed, it seems that it come from nowhere.
    I managed to trick him into one isolated page I have the feeling that the messages left there and there have some meaning. And solving this will help me blocking the attacks.

But, I have only a limited technical knowledge so I need some help. This is an open offer you can find the site at the following address:

http://www.the-kindred.info/error/

Have fun with it.

-Boltgun

((ps : using internet explorer works better, but it's not mandatory))
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

is this unix/linux or windows server?

(( this is what we call RolePlaying ))
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Strange indeed perhaps you should try asking them who they are and how they got there? There must be a way to communicate with them..
    Main Role Play Toons
    ------------------------------
    Agentrose-Rose Alward-Agent
    Abbagail Parsil--Rose's daughter
    Jasminum-Jasmine Linglaya
    Jadedj- Jaden Linglaya-
    Laylana-Doctor-Corporal of Omni-Pol and DJ
    Opangel-engie-Corporal of Omni-Pol
    http://omnipol.sytes.net/join.php

Ever considered someone's Calculeet got mad and hacked in the site...?
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

Rose Alward : ooh that or some pretty fixer like that one clanner whats his name? The one all the girls hate and love at the same time.. playboy or something like that..
    Last edited by Alwards; Feb 1st, 2008 at 15:31:35.
    Main Role Play Toons
    Jadedj- Jaden Linglaya-

you mean Playboyfixer, that cute and debonaire clan fixer no-one can resist (to shoot).
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwards View Post
    ooh that or some pretty fixer like that one clanner whats his name? The one all the girls hate and love at the same time.. playboy or something like that..
    I'm 100% sure that he couldn't pull sich a trick. To start with I would have known immediatly it was him and gave some of my toughts.

The thing is that it contact the site at quite a regular time, but the signal seems to bounce trough all kind of locations and have always a different source. I think we better not look at the source, but at what elements are put in the site. Maybe we can find some clues.

Oh and the signal seems to hit that page but also other pages, but I see the targets nowhere. It's like talking to invisible files.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Rose Alward: Hmmm after looking at your gridspace it seems you do indeed have some issues..mental and otherwise..*grins* Are you aware your gridsite has links to strange things? Now as the omni-pol employee I am may I suggest you seek professional help for some of what I found there. As for your hacker? I suggest adding a possible communication device so your hacker? could possiblly communicate with you easier.
    Last edited by Alwards; Feb 1st, 2008 at 15:32:02.
    Main Role Play Toons
    Jadedj- Jaden Linglaya-

Offer of services...

If you like, I could have some of my ppl look into it for you. Once the hacker is located, he could even be 'handled' or brought in for an 'interview', whichever you prefer. We can negotiate a fair price later. I have included my comm code in an off-line msg. Call me, we'll discuss it....
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

My mental issues are not in cause here, and thank you for your offer Gunfytr but I can handle the guy myself.

I tried every technique I could think off, and let a fixer look at it to locate or identify the attacker but so far this gave me random letters or a piece of meaningless code as answer.

To tell the whole story, I isolated the attack in under the advice of my brother (Paul "Chainsword" Delage), he told me that these strange messages have a meaning and we should "trigger" something to make it stop.

I'm willing to believe him, the fact that it keep damaging this page even if I isolated it make me believe that it's not a coordinated attempt of somthing.

Oh yea he mentioned that "We must find the slash path slash." whatever that means, I think he wants us to solve this riddle. Dunno why, for his amusement maybe ?

Anyway I'm opening the offer to anyone with technical knowledge.
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Abby Parsil: I am a fixer while I am still quite young If I can be of assistance I would be willing to give it a shot. Mom (agentrose) may not like it but dad was neutral he'd be proud of me if he was still alive.
    Last edited by Alwards; Feb 1st, 2008 at 15:32:15.
    Main Role Play Toons
    Jadedj- Jaden Linglaya-

(( bump ))

((Hmm do I need to understand web design to solve this?))

The number 215091 appears upside down on the bottom of the gridsite.
    A source code analysis shows the phrase pleasehelpme.css, and who is the 'poor little girl' that is refered to?

Supplemental, if I try to navigate I get an error message in some bizzare dead language!

Does any of this help you Boltgun?
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Me ? It's over my head, but I'm seeing several signals. One hitting the file I isolated there, others... I dunno it's like there is other files but I see none of them.

In any case I'm sure this number is important. Chainsword also mentioned something about spirits who like hidden paths and directions. I swear if he keep talking like a Yutto I'll lock him in a room with soft walls.

Oh and for the dead language errors, they are good old "not found" error I put in an ancient earth language for testing. If you see them you'll better go back.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Mar 4th, 2008 at 18:20:59.
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

((wtb omniscient 3rd person narrator to step in and explain the background to move this storyline forward so she can become involved))
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

(( how about if we give it all to you with a silver spoon, and just forget about the rest of the storyline that's to come ;D))

Hum changed a couple of setup variables and then BAM! a new layer of signal is decoded.

http://www.the-kindred.info/error/

It requires an answer it seems. I dunno what, but the answer's is maybe in all those error messages in the original page.
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    (( how about if we give it all to you with a silver spoon, and just forget about the rest of the storyline that's to come ;D))
    ((Since my previous response was deleted: Shuttit.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast