Thread: NT Blind is Broken

Exclamation NT Blind is Broken

It appears my blind NF (I believe it's Enveloping Darkness) is now a self-only buff. Heh. After the 13.0 patch, no matter what I have targetted, if I execute my blind, it blinds *me* and not the target! Every single time. Even while other NFs are hitting the target, the blind always hits me instead.
    Last edited by Ananomous; Nov 15th, 2001 at 17:51:47.
    ........Truth...........
    Honor--|--Virtue The Order of the Crimson Cross
    .......Loyalty.........

you are quite right, though it doesn't end there.

while coming back from a mission run in VW, i ran across a hunting party that was having a bad time with a critter.
    not wanting to leech any xp off the group, i thought i'd help them out with a blind, and maybe a root if that was needed. since i only had enveloping darkness up on the hotbar, i thought i'd fire that off first, since there was no other critters within range. imagine my surprise when i not only blinded the monster, but the entire group that was fighting it, and myself.
    note that i was not grouped with these people, so somethink has been completely borked in the targeting code..

i'm willing to bet the code that prevents neutrals from shooting first is still in there though, but at least now i know i can blind everything in sight and run for my life if i see a omni or clan hunting party coming after me in a political zone

Seems like a lot of these kind of nanos are broken.

Trader's sticky ground which is original a AE-root. Now its appearantly a self-root aggroing all mobs near. Not really what it says on the description.
    ~Lone

btw. blind has never had any effect on NPCs. And is useless in PvP as people just tab for targets. So dont waste money and IPs on it. One of the many broken NT nanos. But it seems to be the last one to be fixed.
    ~Lone

True on the tab thing. That is really unfortunate and really does need to be fixed. NTs don't have much defense left without blinds, with range capped, and with root breakable.

Although, on the blinding mob thing, I think it actually *does* work. I tried it out on some very low level mobs and they hit me much less than when they weren't blinded. Unfortunately, I didn't see a difference with mobs my level...
    ........Truth...........
    Honor--|--Virtue The Order of the Crimson Cross
    .......Loyalty.........

Blind works great!

I had a mission mob chain cast it on me the entire fight untill I died... oh boy does it work good...

Thanks for the heads up, guys. I appreciate it. I'll pass this along and see if I can get you some feedback on it.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Blind nanos set the AMS modifier. Now I really dunno what exactly does that mean but I heard the devs talking it is a "chance to hit modifier". Now u'll say "Hell, I always hit my target anyway no matter what", which makes me guess further on. Anyway, does anybody remember the adjustment of AMS modifier on the Enforcer Challenger line of spells? Well for a comparison, a best NT blind nano sets the AMS modifier by -250, while the best Challenger spell sets it to +60 (after the adjustment). Now, are here any enforcers that remember that adjustment and the effect b4/after it? Anyway, if they nerfed it, then there's at least some1 that knows what they actually nerfed, since devs thought it was imbalance.