Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Why the Jobe Explorer Personal Pistol is bad for Adventurers

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgdgdg018 View Post
    im sorry. i was too polite and u're too stupid to understand... that means ok i hear ur opinion and respect it, now respect mine. don't try to force ur opinions as fact, they arn't.

this is advy forums.. i don't care about solda whines...
    this is advy forums.. i don't care about fixers whines...
    hmm i think theres a pattern here...

I HAVE TO ? no sir, i do have have to get used to anything nor do i have to stop dreaming and hoping. i will do as i choose.

Lastly Pvp concerns... yeah my posts have absolutely nothing to do with pvp.
    You have serious attitude problems. Seek help.

Quote Originally Posted by Verta View Post
    1) Yes, I also do a lot of PvM and agree with you. more damage mean faster kills. And why would soldiers and fixers whine about it?

2) You should really be reloading before each FA like a good little advy, tedious, annoying and a waste of a shot I know.

3) I did look at it, I don't think you'd do more damage than with projectile set up I use. The only spesific add energy damage gear I got are the blue gloves, and I still got the 12Kish FAs everyone else seem to enjoy.
    Bursts are around 6.5K without any OBs
    the soldas and fixer whine comment wasn't directed at you but at XenoMorph.

if you're using blue gloves that means you're loosing 45AR 30evades at a minimum. i can't recall the exact numbers but the projectile + energy damage setup was viable only with energy towers i believe.

at any rate the numbers in my thread speak for themselves. i merely replied to your concern about split damage.

moreover, you might be interested to know that i did try a projectile setup too and the cold still does more damage, if only because of the +50 cold damage stim.

"There's nothing wrong with the (ranged advy) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent."
    dgdgdgdg018:I kinda prefer my method of simply calling them morons and retards. sadly, people claim "that is not an argument".thus in the future i shall say -
    you, dear sir, are a moron because
    1) inbreeding perhaps?
    2) got dropped on your head as a child a lot and as a result have impaired intelligence ?
    3) are bored and have decided to troll?
    4) suffer from ADD and dyslexia?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    why it's almost like a form letter, and i can sign it as-
    Laughing at you, DG

I mean surely i have provided reasons on par with said posters original arguments, haven't I ?

Heh, my initial reply was to XenoMorph, even quoted him for clarity.

The loss of 45 AR and 30 in evades is no big deal in PvM imo, got more than I need anyway, we are talking PvM, right? And I am still dubious about the value of losing top end DD perks over gaining +50 damage stims. Bearing in mind, that gloves give +60

Run a parser and see your energy/projectile hit ratio. That would depend on your ai level and perk set up though. Out of curiosity, what is your AI level btw, and what do you have perked?
    Verta 220/30/70

Quote Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
    You have serious attitude problems. Seek help.
    And what does the tendency to troll other profession forums just to tell people what they should and should not want out of the game indicate?

Accute attention seeking disorder?
    Verta 220/30/70

Heh, my initial reply was to XenoMorph, even quoted him for clarity.

The loss of 45 AR and 30 in evades is no big deal in PvM imo, got more than I need anyway, we are talking PvM, right? And I am still dubious about the value of losing top end DD perks over gaining +50 damage stims. Bearing in mind, that gloves give +60

Run a parser and see your energy/projectile hit ratio. That would depend on your ai level and perk set up though. Out of curiosity, what is your AI level btw, and what do you have perked?
    yeah we are talking pvm. i dunno i still prefer to keep my AR above 2600 in wolf. ofcoure i am gimpy in bad setup.( farming css. got 3 as of today woot! im serious btw, i actually did get 3 pieces done today). but ya if ur AR is already over 2600 no point.

for perks.. i got champ of light art -10
    champ of nano 4
    and combat knolegde 10

and yes i am atm dependant on MP for top morphs.

i will however hit ai25 in a few hours and am planning on doing ai28

lastly DD perks... so sad our DD perks comes from champ of nano. but i am enjoying inital strike which is a 65sec perk and does 3600. my biggest DD perk by far... and its from the line that does treatment buffin..
    Last edited by dgdgdgdg018; Feb 29th, 2008 at 08:47:51.

"There's nothing wrong with the (ranged advy) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent."
    dgdgdgdg018:I kinda prefer my method of simply calling them morons and retards. sadly, people claim "that is not an argument".thus in the future i shall say -
    1) inbreeding perhaps?
    2) got dropped on your head as a child a lot and as a result have impaired intelligence ?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

I mean surely i have provided reasons on par with said posters original arguments, haven't I ?

And what does the tendency to troll other profession forums just to tell people what they should and should not want out of the game indicate?
    Are you referring to Bockrockers comments or mine?

champ of nano 4
    and combat knolegde 10
    off topic but:
    eh? prob #1: Combat Knowledge has only 8, not 10, #2: Why the hell would you have that perked unless for twinking?

On Topic: interesting read about FA: Clicky
    oops, alr posted, oh well, dgdgdgd seems so thick anyways that better to post it twice ;P

if you want to do 15K FAs on JEPP, either increase the dmg by a huge ammount, or (better of the two) increase the clip size.
    Last edited by Soosis; Feb 29th, 2008 at 17:31:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Soosis View Post
    off topic but:
    eh? prob #1: Combat Knowledge has only 8, not 10, #2: Why the hell would you have that perked unless for twinking?
    P
    Answer to #2:

Because it has a -skill lock perk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

oops, alr posted, oh well, dgdgdgd seems so thick anyways that better to post it twice ;P

if you want to do 15K FAs on JEPP, either increase the dmg by a huge ammount, or (better of the two) increase the clip size.[/QUOTE]

woot i get to answer again...

Quote Originally Posted by Soosis
    1)ya i have combat knoledge 8 and 6 perks in champ of nano. i made an error.

2) pala has answered for me

and now comes the fun part mwhahaha

ok i admit i maby thick. i did miss that link when it was first posted.. however u missed it the second time... and as well as the third time (when it was quoted)? shocked at ur ineptitude ? im not...

would u like me to also finish my posts with the eye twitch or my tongue hanging out? i can u know, if it makes u feel more conferable about ur disability

PS: ya ya im joking. however in the future do read the whole thread even though its boring.

if you want to do 15K FAs on JEPP, either increase the dmg by a huge ammount, or (better of the two) increase the clip size.
    ya well duh... thats the numbers are there for. incase some idiot says "oh noes! it cannot be so! i got a special feeling u knowss and im alwaaayss right!!!11!!"

PS: ya ya im joking. however in the future do read the whole thread even though its boring.
    Last edited by dgdgdgdg018; Feb 29th, 2008 at 20:17:54.

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

2) pala has answered for me
    I Really think palas post has a hint of sarcasm in it?..as a skilllock modifier perk for Advs?
    skilllock doesnt effect specials anymore, only say..Stims and such, why would a Adv need that? wouldnt those perks be better used in say..in Call 10?
    (assuming yer a Adv ofc?)

ya well duh... thats the numbers are there for. incase some idiot says "oh noes! it cannot be so! i got a special feeling u knowss and im alwaaayss right!!!11!!"
    someone like:

here's something the solda prof once told me. the FA dammage is based on ur bullets AND FA skill. atm advys simply do not have the skill to land 15k FA period. so a larger clip isnt going to help that much.
    ...perhaps?

But anyways, im not a certified Monkey trainer, so Ill just loose abit more of my hope for humankind and let you figure out whats 1+1.

I Really think palas post has a hint of sarcasm in it?..as a skilllock modifier perk for Advs?
    skilllock doesnt effect specials anymore, only say..Stims and such, why would a Adv need that? wouldnt those perks be better used in say..in Call 10?
    dude ure making it too easy, please do read the whole thread so u know what we are talking about

someone like:
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdgdgdg018
    here's something the solda prof once told me. the FA dammage is based on ur bullets AND FA skill. atm advys simply do not have the skill to land 15k FA period. so a larger clip isnt going to help that much.
    ...perhaps?
    But anyways, im not a certified Monkey trainer, so Ill just loose abit more of my hope for humankind and let you figure out whats 1+1.
    um ya he did say that to me... what's ur point? he says it again in this thread. argue his thoughts with him maby?

im so very happy u lost the twitch btw. thank you and to show my gratefulness
    here you go
    Code:
    http://www.thailand.com/travel/recreation/recreation_surat_monkeytrainingschools.htm
    Hope u soon learn to train them monkeys
    Last edited by dgdgdgdg018; Feb 29th, 2008 at 21:38:25.

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

dude ure making it too easy, please do read the whole thread so u know what we are talking about
    Well, I guess you just enjoy being a Dead Adv then. well gl with your future endeveours and "hard" stuff like "huuuh, but bubba, the clipum siza is likeum moar than I gotz teeth?"

its ok, I dont want to teach monkeys, hence I dont even try here, sorry, I hope someone will...and then you can again answer them with something like "phuk that, I dont care, im um digididog, Yo!"

Ta for the Entertainment.

The answer is easy, coz the JEPP is as old as the SL ... and it don't look sexy

Any way MBS suck, and low FA dmg ( i don't care if the cause if s a small clip or anything else ...), small clip and energy dmg ... are completly outdate

Poeple are saying nerf advy ... blabla ... if u think advy is too powerfull, then roll one, went u will reach 220, u will start crying again .. nerf solja ... then nerf crats (everybody is rolling crats those day its like an enfuenza) ... well the grass is awlays greener in the other side of the fence
    Mutsu317 Lvl 220 MA Opi
    WIld317
    In progress pew pew advy soli
    Wish list : new Shen +DD "MA only", Proc stun, 10 Attack blockers and go hell heals !

yeah we are talking pvm. i dunno i still prefer to keep my AR above 2600 in wolf. ofcoure i am gimpy in bad setup.( farming css. got 3 as of today woot! im serious btw, i actually did get 3 pieces done today). but ya if ur AR is already over 2600 no point.

champ of nano 4
    and combat knolegde 10

and yes i am atm dependant on MP for top morphs.

i will however hit ai25 in a few hours and am planning on doing ai28

lastly DD perks... so sad our DD perks comes from champ of nano. but i am enjoying inital strike which is a 65sec perk and does 3600. my biggest DD perk by far... and its from the line that does treatment buffin..

Grats on the bots

You know its not that bad having some DD perks in conc, sometimes its the only perks i can land on a mob.
    I must admit though 3600 opener is nice.
    It's interesting, very interesting, though I must admit I am not brave enough to unperk conc. May be one day when I manage to get my pocket MP levelling to a semiuseful level I'd give it a try.
    Verta 220/30/70

thanks

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

It is not sarcasm,-skill lock is nice because it brings down the recharge of:

MoTR
    CF
    Stims
    Alba stims(probably)
    Damage changing thing from Alba
    Backstab
    Flurry(melee thing only)

and some other things i probably forgot,any DD whoring toon(especially an advy) should have this perked as it is really a must(seeing as about 20% of our damage comes from backstab,bringing it down to 12 or something seconds instead of 19 is a big increase imo)
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

2) You should really be reloading before each FA like a good little advy, tedious, annoying and a waste of a shot I know.

I realize the topic of the conversation has moved off and away from this point, if it was ever there but...

Are you serious?

Now, it's been 3 years or so since I've been in the game, and I just came back recently. But 3 years ago, me and a few other high end advs ended up agreeing that reloading before FA isn't worth it.

The reason is this:
    You are more likely to hit a regular shot than you are to get a 10 bullet FA everytime you load. (Which is not to say either is unlikely, rather just the other is more) The dual loading time (before shot and after shot) takes away much more than just one shot off of JEPP. It delays your FA time slightly, and atleast for myself, I find I spend more time in reload than actually firing either pistol.

I can't really believe that the same weapon is all that different 3 years later, and we did test this among the ranged adv DD whores of that time. The gain of one or two bullets in FA doesn't really outway the loss of one or two shots, especially when higher end mobs both present a difficult landing time of FA in general, let alone a capped hit. And really, if your FA is 11 seconds, by the time you're ready to fire again, you've probably only shot your JEPP once or twice, meaning on average your FA will still be above 10k.

It would be interesting to see two advs with the exact same setup and configuration try the two different methods (reload before or not) on the same mob, and see which ODs the other. I am willing to bet on the latter.
    Last edited by Gothy; Mar 4th, 2008 at 07:57:09. Reason: typos ;p
    <3 <3 <3
    Spank "Gothvampyre" Machine - Level 220 Pistolero
    (First in AO to ding 220 on The Beast, LOL <3)
    Wannabe "Tehvamp" Loser222 - 220 Opisex Soldier
    Gothvampyre 1337 spanks you!
    <3 <3 <3

i agree with gothy, when i was ranged pre le i never ever reloaded the jepp while grinding cause it was not worth it (when the reharge was at 11sec that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Gothy View Post
    Now, it's been 3 years or so since I've been in the game, and I just came back recently. But 3 years ago, me and a few other high end advs ended up agreeing that reloading before FA isn't worth it.

-snip-

And really, if your FA is 11 seconds, by the time you're ready to fire again, you've probably only shot your JEPP once or twice, meaning on average your FA will still be above 10k.
    Nope, no more reloading at 11 seconds of FA. You'll get 2 shots off from the JEPP before next FA. And not to mention that eventually, hitting reload will just reload the Peregrine and there you go.

Still, spamming reload is the way to go when running between mobs. No dd lost there.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

What makes you think ranged advs should be spitting out 15K FAs every 11s?
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast