Thread: Major Concrete Cushion price inflation on RK2?

Question Major Concrete Cushion price inflation on RK2?

Has anyone else noticed?

The price for a pair of Concrete Cushions on RK2 has long been about 100K/pair. I mean, a long time. I arrived on RK2 in late January; and it seems to me they have always been about that price.

Recently, however, there have been some auctions in the RK2 Exchange, and the prices have been crazy! Like 500K+ per pair. Even over 1M!!! They've been going for more even than on RK1, where the "established" price seems to be about 400K/pair.

Anyone know what has driven the price into the stratosphere on these babies? They are not rare in-game; as there's a long tradition of up-and-coming folks stopping to farm these for a while for some cash.

I mean, I don't mind someone earning top dollar for merchandise (which is why this isn't posted on the exchange forums), but WOW has the price skyrocketed lately.

Martek

Hmmm...

I wonder if everyone and their brother is going to start posting auctions for a pair of these on RK2 to "cash in" on the current strange financial bonanza they seem to be suddenly bringing?

Just seems odd that so many pairs are getting posted all of a sudden; all going for astronomically higher rates than all these previous months.

I hope it isn't some sort of artificial market manipulation to drive prices up in the game. "What! 1M for as pair of cushions?" (/tell to a sales channel offering). "Yes - check the RK2 Exchange forum and you'll see that 1M is a bargain!" (reply).

Martek
    (I'm not paranoid.. )

And now, Old English QL1 pistols, a staple that used to go for 100K a pair tops on RK2. This "merchant" manages to pull in bids of over 1M for a pair of them!

This is truly amazing. Take really easy to get stuff and pull in truly big bucks for it - way, way, over the "traditional" pricing these items have had.

I give the guy credit. He knows how to make creds fast.

I guess I'm the only one that feels the need verbalize on this. So be it

Martek

We are not racist, religious, violent, elitist or criminal. We are the sworn enemy of injustice and those who warp laws into justification for the corrupt. We are the freaks in your school, office, or church. We are the ones who do not sit idly by, or turn a blind eye to injustice in any form. We are vigilantes, hackers, freejackers, spies, and friends. We are sick of the current corpora-political trend and seek to ensure that infringements on freedom do not go unnoticed. We are Fixers!

Freshman Pete "Teufeldieb" Freiman - Retired Due to Lack of Content for Fixers in SL

Samuel "Pokett" Adams - Self Healing Tank

Up to 2.5M!?!?!? Stratospherically over priced Old English pistols. Either there is a rat here to be smelled out, or some recent RK1 twinks are around that don't mind vastly overpaying for something. But even on RK1 these things don't sell for more than about 300K/pair.

This sudden appearence of super-high bidding on fairly common stuff that has a "traditional" price just seems su****ious to me.

Martek

no kidding Martek

I just bought 2 ql4 OET pistols at the basic shop for 5k
    maybe I can make an extra 2 mil...

I think the main problem is that since GA, PPPE, nullity etc started fetching 15, 20, 45, 65+mil credits everyone is using 1 mil as a standard of currency i.e. inflation.

like Teuf said - 2 mil? bah, i got 67....(thx btw)
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

on those english pistols... I *did* start the bid low... i'm *NOT* an rk-1 cross over twink, and it didn't bother me to pay that much as I can blitz missions easily if I need money. Especially now that I can blitz for 6x belts and such...

*sigh*

Please try to understand i found these items on missions i assumed they were mission loot only. I had no way of knowing their value at all. If they are so easy to get and stuff then all you have to do is get 96847647376476 of em and post them all for auction and the prices will be instantly driven down u said in your post you wonder if everyone will start having cushion auctions well if that happens that will devalue them right away.

Anyways i didn't know i just got really lucky on my first couple auctions. I feel stupid sitting here being upset when i didn't do anything wrong whatsoever. It just hurt cause you weren't just some jerk flaming me or anything you had a well thought out post suggesting i'm behind this whole big evil plot conspiracy type thing to drive up prices on stuff only people with too much money to spend but anyways.

I sold cushions in game for a while and normally i get between 60k and 400k for a pair and it varies and i take what i'm offered. I only sold a few pairs before i went to the auctions. I don't expect this to keep going and i have NEVER pointed to any posts i saw when selling in game and i haven't ever seen anyone ever do that either. I HAVE seen people try and rip people off one way or the other though pretty regularly and it sucks and i really am out to figure out fair prices for everything but auction prices vary greatly. I saw some graft go for 5 mil so i figure that might be what it's worth and went hunting some then i saw them go for 100k or 200k a few times heh. It's just a matter of having the right post at the right time when a few rich people decide to get competitive or sumthin i guess or maybe someone is behind some plot to drive up prices but it is NOT me. I'm an honest and good person who got very lucky, plain and simple

I figured maybe since i am honest that's why i got lucky maybe i actually did generate some good karma by doing good like they say n stuff but yeah you kinda blew that theory out the window. No offense intended there or anything, you had reason to think what you thought. I planned to post a lot more auctions as an honest person trying to make a little cash for the extra hours i put in at the terminals trying to find an item people might want. I searched and searched for a site that has established prices posted. There just isn't any that i know of. So i had to experiment and get ripped off a buncha times. Most people do offer 200k a piece for cushions in game now since i started i didn't cause that. I say make me an offer and i take their offer. As long as it's not a ridiculous offer anyways. I don't know what's low or high. Anyways i understood your point though and i intend to take steps to stabilize the prices if things have really gone up that much but i have no control over my auctions.

I'm an honest person trying to make some money to get myself started. I am not trying to rip anyone off in any kind of way and i will NEVER do that. If you think the prices are going too high go do something to fix it since you seem to believe others are doing stuff to ruin it, if you're right, which you very well may be then you're not gonna get them to stop or even make a tiny dent in what they are doing by talking to them about it. The only people who could realistically do that are the ones with lots of money and they won't even notice you if they are willing to do that they won't stop cause of words they'll stop when the supply is so high of these items that they can no longer succeed. Anyways that's just an idea. I'm not the smartest girl ever so yeah i may be way off on it but yeah i'm just trying to help. Also i appologize for the inconsistancy of this post io'm having 9856864864665 emotions right now n so yeah sorry

high lvl chars that has lots of money that dont care to loose another million or 2
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

And thats a big problem haijk, since we mid/low lvl ppl dont have millions to throw away. We cant compeate with your inflated prices

honestly, i don't know what the big deal is here. It takes less than an hour to make an MA, go grab a few of these items and then get them transferred. So if you can't afford it, do it the hard way and blitz them yourself.

Re: *sigh*

Originally posted by Chatary
    I feel stupid sitting here being upset when i didn't do anything wrong whatsoever. It just hurt cause you weren't just some jerk flaming me or anything you had a well thought out post suggesting i'm behind this whole big evil plot conspiracy type thing to drive up prices on stuff only people with too much money to spend but anyways.
    I don't think Martek was having a go at you, Chatary. I think he was more amazed and angry with people who are suddenly prepared to pay such ridiculous prices and inflate the economy unnecessarily. Certainly, you're not to blame for the prices offered for any item offered at auction.

There have been quite a few auctions in the past week on RK2 where mission items have been selling for prices which can be described as out of the ordinary. Hacked Boosted Grafts seem to be the latest fad item, which is wierd since they're easy enough to find. In fact, an adventurer alt of mine had a particularly good night a few days ago when he simultaneously dinged into Pronouncement of Greatness and acquired a Team Sparrow Flight graft on the same mission, which he promptly hacked. My Engineer main has a hacked Doc heal, and even my so-new-the-shine-hasn't-worn-off Enforcer has a Sparrow Flight graft sitting in his inventory. Why people are prepared to pay several 100k for one of these is quite beyond me, as this stuff's so easy to get. However from the sound of things it's taken you by surprise as well.

Cheers,

~R~

Re: Major Concrete Cushion price inflation on RK2?

Originally posted by Martek-SLAG
    Has anyone else noticed?

The price for a pair of Concrete Cushions on RK2 has long been about 100K/pair. I mean, a long time. I arrived on RK2 in late January; and it seems to me they have always been about that price.

Recently, however, there have been some auctions in the RK2 Exchange, and the prices have been crazy! Like 500K+ per pair. Even over 1M!!! They've been going for more even than on RK1, where the "established" price seems to be about 400K/pair.

Anyone know what has driven the price into the stratosphere on these babies? They are not rare in-game; as there's a long tradition of up-and-coming folks stopping to farm these for a while for some cash.

I mean, I don't mind someone earning top dollar for merchandise (which is why this isn't posted on the exchange forums), but WOW has the price skyrocketed lately.

Martek

as more and more Rubi-kans on RK2 reach high levels, the prices will begin to inflate on everything. This is due to the lack of money sinks in the game, especially since money is so much easier to come by at high levels and there is nothing to do with it...
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv