Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director: 14 January 2008

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    Why not make it a real duel? and accepting /Duel clear all buffs, and have a Duel grace to buff up. We could even do a /duel ready, so we dont have a timer based grace. This would make it much better
    We did try and implement a 'grace period' but it just proved difficult with the game engine and there were technical complications that proved difficult to get around.

In terms of buffs we did consider it (not allowing any outside buffs), but felt that overall, using buffs is such an integral way of tweaking, especially in PVP, that it was better that the duel system allowed players to prepare buffs before the duel. We couldn't do both, so we went for the option that we felt was most in keeping with the way that people who enjoy that type of PVP usually play.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Eatin View Post
    I wanna be a ninja! Start as genin, chuunin and then jounin

In the end you will get like the sharingan and stuffz
    stop watching naruto!
    SilentSlash 220 Solitus Shade
    SilentSlashy 220 Atrox Shade
    Rarara 220 Solitus Crat
    Kinkypron 220 Solitus cyb0rEngi
    Nerfuuu 220 Atrox TS-Trader
    also FT. taxslash 200 crat / darkblu 150 fixer / freetrial 101 - fgrid biattch

I'm Back... again ^_^!

Quote Originally Posted by Eatin View Post
    I wanna be a ninja! Start as genin, chuunin and then jounin

In the end you will get like the sharingan and stuffz
    Manga freak.

Oh... no more /afk .... yum.
    Grand Monkey Monkey "Karrana" Jeebuz: L220/30/70 Solitus Martial Artist on Atlantean. Ooooh, phear meh! /moon A gimp's setup. A gimp's pvp setup. Nerf plix.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post

ihavehugenick:
    Well or Warper :P

I cant use blind or NSD as it also hit friendly targets..... FIX plz?
    I will explain it to you. Engineer's life in +100 people raidforce looks like

1. you do the warp plis requests
    2. you do the blockers plis requests.
    3. both have 60 seconds cast time
    3. you are explaining to warp plis that you cant do warp plis because you are doing blockers plis
    4. and the other way around
    5. when the ATTACK order comes you are either in half of casting warp, casting blockers, or you had no time to buff yourself so you cant even follow your group
    6. now you will also have to find the time to fool around and place some stupid towers.
    7. none of this is any fun but everyone will hunt you like crazy

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    I will explain it to you. Engineer's life in +100 people raidforce looks like

1. you do the warp plis requests
    2. you do the blockers plis requests.
    3. both have 60 seconds cast time
    3. you are explaining to warp plis that you cant do warp plis because you are doing blockers plis
    4. and the other way around
    5. when the ATTACK order comes you are either in half of casting warp, casting blockers, or you had no time to buff yourself so you cant even follow your group
    6. now you will also have to find the time to fool around and place some stupid towers.
    7. none of this is any fun but everyone will hunt you like crazy

Have fun.
    I kinda agree with you there, poor damn engineers. they will be the most needed profession in masss pvp though.. I am sure I will pay them to be present :P ..err whops, I did not say that.
    The ghost of forgotten wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxgorm View Post
    I kinda agree with you there, poor damn engineers. they will be the most needed profession in masss pvp though.. I am sure I will pay them to be present :P ..err whops, I did not say that.
    To bad 90% of em have quited

top enf title = cookie monster
    Enfizzle 220/30/70 Enforcer e
    Zdocta 220/30/70 Doctor e
    Nukizzle 220/26/70 NT e
    Engiz 220/30/64 Engineer e

Quote Originally Posted by Silentslashy View Post
    stop watching naruto!
    watch your tongue! Naruto is awesome!
    Katrinams220 Trader Dugihazsar220 Doc
    Katrinams3220 Shade Pathrunner220 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Limefire View Post
    I declare war on Katrinams. Don't act suprised. This has been brewing for months.

Important yes, propably even most important, but its really wrong if coming to tower war with Engineer is 1% fun and 99% duty .

I've done my fair share of NW on Eng, and believe me , there were countless times when i rushed Tara lair or clan CT even without blockers up, because i was buffing other players to the last seconds available. Running without pets or unfully buffed is a normal thing , running 30 seconds later because you were in middle of a warp too. And you have to do it because its best for your side.

I appreciate being important, but there really isnt any glory in staying behind and casting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    Players will now have a series of new stats visible in their character sheet that display the number of solo kills and deaths, team kills and deaths and Duel kills and deaths.
    If the death numbers are visible people will avoid dying at any cost just as much as they do now. If the kill numbers are visible people will farm their alts just as much as they do now.

Having the best kill/death ratios will be the real epeen-booster in this system rather than the actual titles.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Quote Originally Posted by Katrinams View Post
    watch your tongue! Naruto is awesome!
    i didnt say it wasnt good! just stop watching it!

Neon Genesis Evangelion Silentslash = top shade rank
    Rarara 220 Solitus Crat

I'm Back... again ^_^!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    If the death numbers are visible people will avoid dying at any cost just as much as they do now. If the kill numbers are visible people will farm their alts just as much as they do now.

Having the best kill/death ratios will be the real epeen-booster in this system rather than the actual titles.
    We are not opposed to only showing kills and have discussed it internally along those lines, so it's something we could remove if we felt it was genuinely going to have that effect.
    Old Timer

yeah the title name for solo kinda suck :s
    French, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    I appreciate being important, but there really isnt any glory in staying behind and casting stuff.
    Wrangle plx
    Warngl eplase
    WRANGPLX
    131 plx
    Wrangle please good sir

- goodbye AR! -

bump for everything you said... not just coz were org mates! he talks wisdom!
    Rarara 220 Solitus Crat

I'm Back... again ^_^!

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We did try and implement a 'grace period' but it just proved difficult with the game engine and there were technical complications that proved difficult to get around.

In terms of buffs we did consider it (not allowing any outside buffs), but felt that overall, using buffs is such an integral way of tweaking, especially in PVP, that it was better that the duel system allowed players to prepare buffs before the duel. We couldn't do both, so we went for the option that we felt was most in keeping with the way that people who enjoy that type of PVP usually play.
    how about the next question that pops up after /duel? is /wipebuffs? that way people who want a clean fight and those that need out side buffs can chose. but both have to click the same thing
    Last edited by bungerman; Jan 14th, 2008 at 17:34:49.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Fabulous job FC Team.. This really does look great.

I have to agree that each profession should get its own solo title ranks.

Example is really simple.. Look at the Title ranks for a class like at TL7 you have Lich, Saviour etc.. I really would use those as the visible rankings for each class as they work well and seem about the same in terms of numbers of ranks between nothing and max.

PS: I am SOOOO Glad to hear that you added the option to block duel requests as it was one thing that absolutely drove me nuts in my short stay in WoW was having that stupid "xyz has challenged you to a duel Accept/decline" window popping up on me every two seconds as a lvl 3 newbie trying to figure out how to play. A suggestion is turn that option off by default so newcomers cannot be exploited for easy kills without truly grasping whats going on. (and no I did not hit accept and die in WoW )

Another thing you might consider before implementation is that in each title range you will have very different combat options for example. At low TLs Traders rule the road in most cases then you get a few higher its MP etc.. basically someone could farm their title out at a level range when their professions is the most uber and then lvl it up to cash in the rewards you "might" be granting from the title. SOOO my suggestion is to lvl lock the titles to the Title ranges.. basically for solo'ing you can only attain up to the current title you have from the first title level you start as. If you get the first "rank" you visibly see the "Warden" next to your name but cannot go higher than that and you start with nothing next to your name. It will have two positive effects with only one draw back is that twinks will no longer be able to have the same high ranks as a TL7 which even tho I twink I don't really feel its something that should be equal with TL7 rankings.

Just make the journey between 0 and title or title and title++ enough work to where its not "easy" to get.

The other more work but best option is to make profession based titles for each title level like say the current ranking system being applied to each title level. Such as Grandmaster Saviour Xaun (one can dream :P)

Please check page 10: for a comprehensive list of suggestions regarding this grande overhaul to PVP and Rankings.
    Last edited by Xaun; Jan 15th, 2008 at 20:31:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharamond View Post
    If you are in a team (or killed by a team) the score is credited to your team score (and kill / death listing) as a team-kill rather than a solo-kill. Who is credited with the kill is decided by who does the most damage to the target.
    Could we get some clarification on this bit, please? Everyone in the team gets title points or not? Does that second sentence refer to WHO in the team gets credit for the kill, or WHICH team gets credit for the kill?

Theo
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Theonora View Post
    Could we get some clarification on this bit, please? Everyone in the team gets title points or not? Does that second sentence refer to WHO in the team gets credit for the kill, or WHICH team gets credit for the kill?

Theo
    Everyone in the team should get the credit for the kill, so its was referring to which team in cases where two (or more, or combination of team and solo player) teams contribute to the kill.
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    Everyone in the team should get the credit for the kill, so its was referring to which team in cases where two (or more, or combination of team and solo player) teams contribute to the kill.
    nice clarification I forgot to ask about that one.. thanks.

wtb gimp title

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast