Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819

Thread: Letter from the Game Director: 14 January 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgir View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Correlate the names of known /afkers with known devs...

Titles based on number of kills with a bonus if you have a very low death/kill ratio sounds great.
    220 RK2 engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    P.S. Please add an option to choose self-buff duel vs. outside buff duel in the duel acceptance interface.
    If both players accept self-buff option, then all osb's would be auto-cleared from both ncu's at the start of the duel. If both players accept osb duel, then they would maintain osb's normally as outlined in Pharamond's original description.

Also:

Since you're already adding kill/death stats, please make a stat counter for BS too - Just like FPS games, I'd like to see a stat table (kill/death/assists/heals & point totals for those actions) after each BS round, ranking all players who attended that round. These stats would help add some bragging rights since you're removing any punishment for death. And this way it would be undeniable who the best pvp'ers are on a regular basis, regardless of a 'grindable' title.

Further, I'd like to see cumulative win/loss stats for omni/clan viewable for each day, week, month, year, & all time. There should also be a separate stat table for each BS (e.g. a separate table for the 210-220 BS) - that way we can see which side is really pwn'ing the BS at each level overall. This could help encourage BS attendance as a matter of pride for your side - I think it would be cool if omni/clan were really close at the end of each year, resulting in a big push for wins before the year ends.

As an option to encourage greater attendance, you could even stagnate when the 'official' year begins & ends for each BS. In other words, the 210-220 BS 'official year' could run from Dec 31 - Dec 31, while the 'official' year for the 200-209 BS could run from Nov 30 - Nov 30. In this manner, even the most deserted BS's would see some action at least one month out of the year, when the annual 'title' was at stake.
    BIG BUMP for that!

I didnt read every page so what i will say may repeat but ....The japanes titles suck , and the ideea of never loseing a title whats the point in iplementing a title if i will never lose just like lvl ? like some1 said we r going to have PVP-xp ? thats just stupid and alos the ideea of loseing the title in time ..what`s the point in geting it fi u r going to lose it beacuse you r takeing a brake .What about the ppl dont dont play AO 24/7 dont they deserve title even if they r the best in PVP they will have no title beacuse they play less I dont think thats fair , and ppl that play alot no matter of their pvp skills they will have a big title just cuz the play alot ?.
    I think the title system should work in the same way as before i am sure that even those who play alot will get bored of geting the same title over and over again, what`s the satisfaction in getting a title over and over again ?!Maybe the team pvp titles should stay or degrade in time but alteas leave the DUEL titles work as the the ones we have now...
    And yea ..now the skilled title hugers players wont hunt for other players with high title they will just hunt the weaker players ? that will be fun ...
    Last edited by zachamp; Jan 24th, 2008 at 14:32:27.

Quote Originally Posted by zachamp View Post
    BIG BUMP for that!

I didnt read every page so what i will say may repeat but ....The japanes titles suck , and the ideea of never loseing a title whats the point in iplementing a title if i will never lose just like lvl ? like some1 said we r going to have PVP-xp ? thats just stupid and alos the ideea of loseing the title in time ..what`s the point in geting it fi u r going to lose it beacuse you r takeing a brake .What about the ppl dont dont play AO 24/7 dont they deserve title even if they r the best in PVP they will have no title beacuse they play less I dont think thats fair , and ppl that play alot no matter of their pvp skills they will have a big title just cuz the play alot ?.
    I think the title system should work in the same way as before i am sure that even those who play alot will get bored of geting the same title over and over again, what`s the satisfaction in getting a title over and over again ?!Maybe the team pvp titles should stay or degrade in time but alteas leave the DUEL titles work as the the ones we have now...
    And yea ..now the skilled title hugers players wont hunt for other players with high title they will just hunt the weaker players ? that will be fun ...

title hugging is boring

Separate title systems or death counts for BS and other pvp would be great, that would give a way to know if one interests in NW and remove the penalty from dying in BS, where it's far easier due to relative non-stop fight.
    220 RK2 engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Just ignore Jenshai. She's all annoyed and emo because from an RP "perspective" Phasefront doesn't belong on Newland Lake and people who talk in vicinity without getting off their hoverboard are rude...and stuff.

Now get off your hoverboard and come say that again to me under the growing shadow on this tower field.

(Haven't been outside Newland since September, it is easier to lag through Borealius and less ugly too.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    Now get off your hoverboard and come say that again to me under the growing shadow on this tower field.

(Haven't been outside Newland since September, it is easier to lag through Borealius and less ugly too.)
    Meet in the arena if you like if you're RK1.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

forum PeeVeePee ftw
    Inflict not an enemy every harm in your power, for you may soon become friends - Ancient Wisdom
    Coke "Cigara" Breakfast 220/22/69 - Kinda retired...
    Ciggie - 120/5/5 - Future project perhaps

MA concerns, requests and general wishlist - MA Profession Thread
    Prof in action (I hope :P ) - Discussion Thread
    How to factor Armor Class and Health Points in PVP? Just and idea - Bump if you like

Just for laughs - The world is crazy as is, laugh!

I have only PvP'ed with a few twinks that taunted me when I first started playing. Luckily that was before I knew what a twink was and I had friends helping me, namely a doctor in the most memorable stalemate.

Then I have PvP'ed with org member for fun; to show them what it is like with no worries that I am getting points off them or trying to be "better than them." Even those were risky, some got upset when they died. (I mean seriously agent that doen't root against a doctor, advy or enforcer and in a confined space like the arena? I couldn't even hit "q" or sit, et cetera fast enough to avoid squishing them.)

Otherwise, for the most part I would rather avoid the PvP player community. Seems to attract certain types of players.

I looked at this thread from a logical challenge perspective.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819