Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director: 14 January 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Asked and answered. The -team- that does the most damage, the -team- gets the credit for the kill. Much like killing mobs in PVM. Instead of the whole team getting loot rights, the whole team gets points rights
    didn't read everything, to many spam and crying babys around
    AoC vs WoW

Playing trader with this

Traders asking for love is like fixers asking for a better meep nano

WTB answers/clarification to my post on top of page 10 pease
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Combat Master *droooooooools*

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    <Snip>
    Solo / Team PVP Titles & Rules
    For team/solo pvp I agree it should be a number like you said a power level of sorts not a K/D ratio etc. And I think there should be a self flagging option you can turn on but to turn off has a 3-5 minute cool down as a hostile nano.. I am kind of thinking of it like this..
    <Snip>
    So this is basically regarding the whole post Xaun made here:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postcount=197...

Omg awesome!

Now the parts i like the best is the Apartment part and the Duel transimition to comersial boards and well, just about everything in the post!!
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    Last edited by Rktim; Jan 15th, 2008 at 23:05:32.
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    WTB answers/clarification to my post on top of page 10 pease
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    So this is basically regarding the whole post Xaun made here:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postcount=197...

Omg awesome!

Now the parts i like the best is the Apartment part and the Duel transimition to comersial boards and well, just about everything in the post!!
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

<3 back at ya! ^_^

mucho good news.

17.8 might get me out inviting and accepting duels and all around more intrested in PVP O.o *gasp* I said that?

Why:
    1. Getting killed once won't take away my one-time-only instance at holding a pvp title.
    2. Won't need to forgo having twinked items at 76% effectiveness, to wear things that can be taken on/ off easily... ty social tab!
    3. I got a lot of engie and fixer friends *wink - wink*.
    4. TEAM pvp... anyone want a doc that loves to spam team heals like a nt spamming nukes at kite hill?
    5. Did I mention social tab? *foot in mouth* Hello twinkage!
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Quote Originally Posted by psyxor View Post
    4 Stolen from star wars
    5 Conflicts with my religious beliefs (Especially since its not top rank)
    7 Baby sitting has no place in pvp
    10 is racist ;p

Bump for Masta;s list
    dan means grade and jo, ni, etc. are the numbers. All japanese, no need to look further and associate with some vague unrelated culture which is ours and yours.

In every language you will find a word which is an insult or a very vulgar word at least in someone else's tongue.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Einur
    Tour
    Treur
    Firur
    Femur
    Seksur
    Syvur
    Åttur
    Niur
    Tiur

Quote Originally Posted by psyxor View Post
    4 Stolen from star wars
    5 Conflicts with my religious beliefs (Especially since its not top rank)
    7 Baby sitting has no place in pvp
    10 is racist ;p

Bump for Masta;s list
    And nr. 1 is so System Shock ^^
    Skpuppy - 220/29/70 Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    dan means grade and jo, ni, etc. are the numbers. All japanese, no need to look further and associate with some vague unrelated culture which is ours and yours.

In every language you will find a word which is an insult or a very vulgar word at least in someone else's tongue.
    And sense of humor varies between different cultures as well since some prefer to assume that everyone is talking seriously all of them time. Bottom line :
    They suck! and i prefer untitled than having any of them tbh.
    Member of The Red Brotherhood
    TRB Presentation Video divx | youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though )

I can't be bothered to read all the replies, and I couldn't find this in the initial post. So, will it be possible to hide the title? (if Sil has answered this, can someone direct me to the post please)
    I mine for notum

...Black Sunday...
    [Pakema]: omni did much for block our better ppl
    [Pakema]: i havnt may
    [Pakema]: all say
    [Pakema]: You have entered dishonorable and will be penalized
    [Pakema]: Bad that some players have got perma bath

Overall great news.

I like the changes pvp is taking.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Battlestation AFK / Evac Changes

While hopefully the new systems will not incentivise people to feel the need to ‘evac’ as much one final note of changes for 17.8 comes in the form of a change to the /afk function. It will no longer be possible to use the manual /afk command while in the battlestation. The normal time-out version will still work, but you will not be able to use it as an instant escape anymore.

OH GREAT!!!! I get to go back to the old... Need out of BS, go to exit toon 20 levels above me kills me while trying to exit... back to buff room... run out.. try to exit... toon 20 levels above kills me AGAIn.. OVER AND OVER until I finalyl decide to log out.. except it takes 30 secs to log out and by that time a TEAM of Omnis find me sitting and kill me and back to buff room again...

YAY! JOY .............FAIL

The score for each kill will be based on a calculation between your level and your targets levels. The bigger the difference the more or less points you will receive for killing that player depending on whether you are higher or lower than them in level.
    Errrrrrr how about we just make it IMPOSSIBLE for someone 24 (TWENTY-Four) levels higher ... to be ABLE to kill me? That way he wont have to kill me 3 times instead of one.... Thinking BS here...

C'mon what business does a 174 have killing a 150.. what chance does the average 150 have?

I can hold me own with 165s but beyond that, its pointless!!

/quit is faster

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    An alternative list for the solo titles?

Boa
    Boomslang
    Python
    Rattler
    Viper
    Taipan
    Asp
    Death Adder
    Black Mamba
    King Cobra
    Sweet!

Though you forgot Plissken
    Hlep gnak!

Quote Originally Posted by Cariadast View Post
    OH GREAT!!!! I get to go back to the old... Need out of BS, go to exit toon 20 levels above me kills me while trying to exit... back to buff room... run out.. try to exit... toon 20 levels above kills me AGAIn.. OVER AND OVER until I finalyl decide to log out.. except it takes 30 secs to log out and by that time a TEAM of Omnis find me sitting and kill me and back to buff room again...

YAY! JOY .............FAIL
    Don't join if you fail.
    Grand Monkey Monkey "Karrana" Jeebuz: L220/30/70 Solitus Martial Artist on Atlantean. Ooooh, phear meh! /moon A gimp's setup. A gimp's pvp setup. Nerf plix.

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    Yes, of course I can qualify that with 'what we thought the most people enjoy', it's always a judgement call and we have to make those base on what we think will work best in keeping with what the majority of people will find fun.

In this case, when presented with a choice we opted for the 'with buffs' style as we feel that it fits with the above. We fully understand and appreciate the other point of view in this instance and if we could have included both easily we would have. It's something that might be more possible with a little time later down the line, but for now we had to make a choice and we went for the one that we felt would be more fun for more people.

Thanks for the answer

Honestly though, not to sound like an ass - it seems to me this was the easier implementation, not the option that would be more in tune with the current dueling community. For example the battle station warp cancels all buffs on zone, which probably takes advantage of the no resurrection sickness on death system you created with the launch of LE. Whereas the duel system has no zone and I doubt there is an option that exists to clear a players NCU without them "zoning" or "fake dying".. however you did it. If this is in fact the case, it would have been better to change the wording on your post. It just irks me that you could say you feel the majority of duels openly accept OSBs when 100% of the time while dueling someone I don't trust and feel the need to say "No OSBs" I get 1 of 2 answers - "obviously" or "ok". And whenever I duel anyone I trust, the "No OSBs" is a given.

I do understand the concept of time vs reward though, and I understand that things like this may be considered not worth the effort when trying to develop so much new content. I just hoped that the dueling system could fix a problem in dueling that has existed pretty much forever: Low level twinks lying about buffs in their NCU that could give them the advantage while never being detectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrana View Post
    Don't join if you fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    PS I just hit this page with 10,000 pts of wall of text dmg ^_~
    I think this is a win
    Last edited by Xaun; Jan 15th, 2008 at 22:04:07.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast