Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: zDD - a Damage/Tanks/XP/Heals parser for Win/Linux/MacOSX

Problem solved (I think!)

False alarm

Great program!!
    Last edited by Manicmouse; Jan 14th, 2008 at 07:28:09. Reason: edit
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Ok now im stumped, I have current Java, Verified it hasn't been hijacked by winRar, made new window following readmeh!, filled out Prefs.ini copied directory to verify spelling and link to dir path, yet it still doesn't work. Wont clear Log.txt nor make Script files.

Code:
    zDD
    ZDDME
    MOBME
    DDALL
    MOBALL
    ppl
    mob
    healme
    healall
    tankme
    tank
    tankmoball
    xp
    shop
    #b3b3b3
    ToonName 
    C:\Program Files\Funcom\Anarchy Online\Prefs\Acountname\Char***********\Chat\Windows\Window14
    is my prefs.ini omitting personal info ofc

The Prog i unzipped into a folder on my Desktop. I am pretty PC literate but on this i have know clue why it no work. I have seen this on Raids recently and would love to get it working on my Machine :P

Pos

1) you're lacking one script name - there are 4 tank scripts you only have 3 listed there

2) your last line lacks the "\Log.txt" in the end, should be (in your case):
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\Funcom\Anarchy Online\Prefs\Acountname\Char***********\Chat\Windows\Window14\Log.txt

(...window14 ? how many windows do you have opened while playing o.O)
    •••••••• zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser ••••••••
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

7 Windows for Normal, play 8 For Raiding, the Log.txt was a bad copy as it is there on my prefs. Still not working :/

as for the Script issues ty i would have been looking for that later :P

I'd double check to make sure the logging for that window is enabled. You might have forgotten to enable it, or a crash could have unset the logging option, or...who knows.

Then again, it could be something completely different and even more annoying

Well I uninstalled Java and reinstalled from Scratch. I verified log File, I tried using my normally Dumper, Magicdump. and ot works fine with that log file. So as Lumifly said its something completely different and even more annoying. Its almost time for my Quarterly Reformat so that will prob fix it for me. Page is bookmarked for future Reference.

Keep up the good work. and thanks for all the help :P

I am liking this program alot. Thank you very much for making it.

One question I have, its probably due to me setting it up incorrectly, but how come it shows my DD on the DD NPC list, but not on the DD Players list?

Quote Originally Posted by TigerStyle View Post
    One question I have, its probably due to me setting it up incorrectly, but how come it shows my DD on the DD NPC list, but not on the DD Players list?
    You've probably made a typo in your toons name in the prefs file, might be just an extra space in front of it or after, or you've used a capital letter in the middle of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zDD 1.01 released, same place: http://www.esnips.com/web/CriticalDD

---> fixed (hopefully) zDD (for some people) didn't accept toons after the first one listed
    ---> added debug logs for both zDD and LogCleaner, they'll be generated on each program run in the zDD folder
    ---> added links to both debug logs into the shortcuts (/zxc) script
    ---> added zDD's actual runtime duration to the zDD debug log
    ---> added/fixed links to the tanks scripts in the shortcuts (/zxc) script
    ---> changed every reference of 'alt' to 'toon' in this ReadMeh!.txt to avoid confusion
    ---> changed the default color of the scripts (you're still welcome to personalize it to whatever you like)
    ---> fixed some (unintended ) typos here and there
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Heyas Crit! Nice little dd prog...TigerStyle just told me about it

I made an AuthoHotkey script that creates hotkeys for running the two jar files:

Code:
    Hotkey, ^!k, Run_zDD
    Hotkey, ^!l, Run_LC
    return

Run_zDD:
    Run, zDD.jar
    return

Run_LC:
    Run, LogCleaner.jar
    return
    just:
    rename the main zDD file to "zDD.jar" (instead of "zDD 1.01.jar" for instance)
    d/l and install autohotkey from AutoHotkey.com
    create a text file in your zDD directory and rename it to zDD.ahk
    copy & paste the code into the file
    execute the zDD.ahk file....& your set!

ctrl-alt-k will run zDD.jar
    ctrl-alt-l will run LogCleaner.jar

You can change ^!k and ^!l to different hotkeys, depending on your preference.

Also, Crit, I think you hard-coded the location of the prefs.ini file and such (for in-game viewing)...might want to switch that to somewhere in the prefs.ini
    Last edited by Flimsee; Jan 16th, 2008 at 19:12:49.

(TigerStyle's problem was a non-capital letter at the start of the name)

Thanks for reporting that bug Flimsee
    (and it wasn't hard coded btw)

As for the keyboard hot keys program:
    in Windows (XP in my case) there's an option to assign a shortcut key combination to any shortcut file, in our case - create a shortcut for zDD 'v1.021.jar' (for example) on the desktop, r-click it, go to 'options' - in the 'shortcut key' field press ctrl+alt+z (for example), press OK to accept, now the 'ctrl+alt+z' combo should work from anywhere, AO included, do the same for the LogCleaner if you want
    (if this doesn't seem to work for you you can try the program Flimsee suggested)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zDD 1.021 released, same place: http://www.esnips.com/web/CriticalDD

---> fixed the debug files paths

I like the updates. The heals list is so great to have when I'm tanking. Not that it's what you updated, but whatever.
    Turnyourhead "Rockempire" Andcough - 220/29 Doctor Equipment - General of The Leviathan Movement
    Top "Etrier" Stepper - 220/26 Enforcer Equipment - President of Whale Tail

I nono why but the updated version works like a charm, Pos is happy panda face <3 ty Crit, keep up the great work

glad you liked it, now... spread the word about the program

Does it handle pets automatically? This is the main reason I'm still sticking to magicDD really, no other DDs seems to handle pets very well

Quote Originally Posted by Nogueira View Post
    Does it handle pets automatically? This is the main reason I'm still sticking to magicDD really, no other DDs seems to handle pets very well
    Haven't tested out zDD too much, particularly with pets, but I do know that gammadump handles pets perfectly.

And from what I can see of zDD and the way it parses and identifies the information.. Yeah it does automatically add pets, but I will test it later with my advy pet to check
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Nogueira View Post
    No it doesn't, as there's no real way for the dumper/parser to know which pet belongs to who or it's just a mob, if you're relying on MD to auto-assign pets for you and everyone else - you are not being shown the correct stats, as simple as that...

here's how MD "handles it":
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicDump's FAQ

:: Why is my petdamage not shown?

The reason could be that your pet has the same name like you yourself. Simply rename your pet :-)
    Another reason could be that your pets are not assigned to you. The assigning-rules are:
    - A pet is assigned to a player when a command like /pet attack, /pet stay, /pet behind... is executed
    - An assignment is deleted after 3 minutes (by default) of no activity (no petcommand). This rule can be edited manually in the magicdump.ini. Change the key PetRefTimeout. Values below 60 are not allowed!
    I'm very sorry but that's nowhere near an accurate way to assign pets, as it can lead to other players' pets being assigned to you, and vice versa.
    Just think how much DD a crat can farm from, let's say, charming a mob in pandemonium and MagicDump will count every single mob with the same name for (the default) 3 minutes (as you may know - there's only 4 general mob names there) towards that crats damage, or think of players not renaming their pets and sticking with the default ones, lets say 4 Widowmakers, or 3 Rihwens (or pick any name, custom even, repeated by more then one player).

IF FC fixes the chat log output to show the pet owner, that'd be great, but that's probably not gonna happen anyway
    (if I'll find a workaround - I'll let you all know)

Bottom line is - currently there's no way to auto assign pets, being 100% sure that pet X belongs to player X, and pet Y belongs to player Y.

So if you want to keep thinking that MD shows the correct pet stats you're dreaming...

You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
    You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.
    So are you red or blue on this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluck View Post
    Haven't tested out zDD too much, particularly with pets, but I do know that gammadump handles pets perfectly
    I haven't had the chance to test gammadump myself, so after I'll take a look at it and the way it handles pets, I'll post here if it handles that correctly or not. If it's way is not 100% correct then it's technique is not to be used... (gonna take me some time)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK... took a look @ gammadump's source - the way GD handles pets is by searching the text " 's pet " in the chat line, like this f.ex.:
    ["#0000000041000000#","Your Pets","",1191500072]Yourname's pet, Yourname: I'll do my best to kill it!
    Code:
    //do we have a pet association ?
    if(line.find("'s pet, ") != string::npos){
    		if(line.find(":") != string::npos){
    				if (debug){ cout << "#> Found pet!" << endl; }
    The " 's pet " is being shown only in the "Other Pets" and "Your Pets" chat channels (the pet 'social' channels).

Unfortunately GD has a very similar flaw as MD has - if someone else has named their pet the same as you (or the same as someone else) - all the parsed info for the pet will go to the last (I'm not sure if it'll go to the first/last/other or even each of them, haven't checked the entire source file for that) detected pet owner, which will screw up the overall stats...

Both MD and GD have a way to auto-assign pets, both of them will work fine if and only if (!!!) each pet name is unique for the duration of the entire parse session.
    Both of them are going to show faulty stats if there's more then 1 pet owner in your entire log, as most likely someone didn't rename their pet to something unique before that pet got anything logged in the log file.

The best and only 100% working way to assign a pet to yourself is renaming it to your exact name. If you want the pet specific stats then you probably can see it in your own detailed stats, as most likely you and your pet are doing different damage types anyway.
    Last edited by CriticalDmg; Jan 22nd, 2008 at 19:55:55.

Never thought of it that way yeah. So used to everyone renaming their pets but course crat charms can't be done in such a fashion, even in small groups as you explained with the mob names being so similar.

Would be neat if FC changed the way damage by pets is recorded and displayed to get a more accurate read on pet profs, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Either way, love the DD so far, particularly the fact that nothing really needs to run in the background
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

I could use some ideas on what to add in the next version people

So far I've thought of a self only evades list (your misses/you evaded - game mechanics doesn't show you any other misses from others on others... so can't parse that)

Maybe a self only 1v1 list, showing detailed info for you vs each and everyone else that hit you\you hit\evaded\healed\whatever\.\...
    let's say in a pande raid it'll show you your stats vs (all) the "Corrupted Xan-Kuir" in one view and (all) the "Corrupted Hiisi Berserker" in another and "Corrupted Xan-Len" in another & so on
    might be nice to know witch damage type works best on what and what evades more or I don't know

p.s. if you find the readme file not good enough tell me how to make it better as I've tried to explain it all step-by-step, so if you follow it you should be good to go.

Thumbs up

I have a suggestion... or 2.

1) Possibility to order the Damage Dealers, aside from the normal zz script;
    • zzmin | ordered by the most damage per logged minute.
      (total damage divided by the time between the first and last log entry of <player>)
      Useful if you have people joining and leaving(dieing) irregularly, which is the case in tower battles for example, and you want to get an overview of who was the most effective killer and who was the most effective spike survivor.
      People would need a minimum of 10 or something, log entries to show up in the list.
    • zzr | lowest damage first
    • zzrmin | lowest damage per minute first.

2) Pet tanked damage and criticals to be shown in a 3 way in my personal info.
    SO:
    _1: 666,384 : Meverus : 1,7% | 109 | 745-8-549
    _2: 24 : Meverus' pet Violeet : 0,0% | 0.2 | 24-0-0
    _3: 666,408 : Combined Damage : 0,85% | 109,2 | 856-8-549
    Ok the leet is a bad example of stats you'd want to see, but the point remains the same.

The same for pet tanked damage and I think pet's misses are logged too, sadly pet evades are not shown.

3) a '*' to be show behind the shop link in the links menu when it has change since last dump.

Thats all I got.
    I'd like to say you made a great tool, it saves another few bits of RAM, to improve AO performance a little.
    I wish having a dual core would help AO instead of hinder it
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast