Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what should i do ?

Originally posted by North
    If you would actually read what I wrote before making inaccurate statements.

"And Psiraven, nope I don't like being completely debuffed to uselesness for 3 minutes at the time."

- where was it that I said that Nano Shutdown is 3 minutes?

Most of the time I do get Divested or Init Debuffed, these both are nearly 3 minutes in duration.

Divest Skills (Advanced) - 3 minutes
    Plunder Skills (Advanced) - 3 minutes
    Uncontrollable Body Tremors- 2 minutes 35 seconds
    Nano Shutdown - duration 1 minutes

So please, learn to read at least before calling people with names. We all probably bought eBay accounts to get our 190+ levels

BTW, read my previous post, if you think you can't beat NTs(if we get MC protection). You should really roll a trader now, and forget that you ever played MP, as you obviously have no idea how to use strenghts of your profession to your advantage. We have not been promised protection for all of our nanos, only for our damage nanos (MC), and if you don't see the difference you should really study closely how much we will lose when you cut off our defensive abilities (NS, NS MKII and Layered) and other nanos (Blinds, Neural Stunner, Roots and Calms).

Tell me how is it that we are going to cause you such a problem with our weapon and nukes only? When you still have pets, weapons and nukes? Oh, and you said that you are not a healing class...perhaps you should go and get yourself a heal pet

Sorry about last comments, but don't think they were anymore sarcastic then Psiraven's.

I do think MPs are very well balanced class, and if you think that NTs are whiners...perhaps it is because no other profession in this game has been nerfed as much as we have.

I have said before that I think debuffs should remain nasty, but there is a difference between click-a-button-to-win which they are today instead of what have been suggested in this forum.
    Please don't be foolishly insulting North. Your made the quoted statement and the next sentance was concerned with nanoshutdown. It was implied through your wording that you were lumping NSD in with the '3 minute' duration.

I'm anyone reading that paragraph besides the guy who wrote it would fall into the implication as well. Picking a stupid choice of sentence structure and then insulting people who point it out isn't the way to hold an effective argument.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Point taken, Arg. So, I'll bow out of this thread. Though I admit I do thrive on debate.

Talking to Funcom about the MP's is the job of the future MP Professionals not mine. I think I have a good idea who they're going to pick and I'm completely fine with him getting the responsibility.

My final comments are as follows: as trends go now, the MP class is not worth playing neither in PvP or PvM. I leveled up two title 6 characters, an MP and a Crat....and it took playing my Crat to really show me what being effective in PvM really meant and PvP-wise I'm starting to see the light there also. The Crat class is literally breathtaking in the versatility of the tools it has to work with. The difference in playstyle between the two classes is leaps and bounds; despite both being Pet Classes.

If you are an MP hoping to PvP and you're reading this...you need to know that you're in for some really rough times ahead: nerfed debuffs, uberized nano resistance, and expanded crowd control for other classes. And its going to get worse before it gets better...if ever. You're better off than the Engineer, but not by very much.

/end
    MP's should be FEARED.

Originally posted by Cobalt9
    yes we can kill fixer but that s "luck"

i remember a fixer said :"MP isn t a prob for us fixer we have 1K nano resist"

so NS take time to cast and if it s countered i can t do anything unless say byebye

someitme i kill fixer some time i died of fixer ( when NS is countered)
    Make no mistake, killing a fixer takes skill because we do have the abillity to root/run. The thing is, there are probubly 3 fixers in the entire game with over 1k NR who actually pvp. And out of those (me being one of them) ALL of us have been killed by MP's. More so the OT fixers because there is a clan MP (keeping names out of this) who seems to be VERY good at getting his NS on you in about 3-4 seconds. Obviously without the abillity to root, the pet then becomes a problem and so does the lack of abillity to cast any type of debuff, even general as well as those fixers who like to grid out when they see trouble not being able to do so.

I'm a MKIV user, I have been hit with NS and thankfully its only gotten me killed twice because most times its been in a location where i could literally either run OUT of range for the MP / Pet or simply zone when its in massive combat situations.

The bottom line for me is as follows.

Some professions were simply not designed for pvp situations. Thats the old "want a soldier, make a soldier" situation.

However, some professions which were not intended to be used in pvp still are and people adapt them, overcoming high odds against them.

An example of this would be someone like angelicnova who found a nitch and used it till it broke. Same thing with Snarf.

The only professions in this game that are pretty cut and dry as far as tactics are Traders, Soldiers, Enforcers, MA's, Adventurers and Fixers. The rest pretty much have to find a nitch and use it.

Someone obviously has (see the MP who kills up to apprentice title on his own recently).

Finding yours will not include using the forum because no good pvp'er will give you any super good advice here. Its a sound tactic not to give your secrets away to the competition.

Arg
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

"And Psiraven, nope I don't like being completely debuffed to uselesness for 3 minutes at the time. If MPs have abilitity to completely shutdown all nano skills from the opponent for a long period at the time...I think it is only fair that there is few professions that have ability to protect themselves from this. Alternatively, your beloved Nano Shutdown is in need of some heavy twinking."

Perhaps I should have Seperated the first sentence for clarification, but my comments were not any more foolish then Psiraven resorting to touch my ealier point.

And no, my first lanquage is not English, so I do make fair amount gramma mistakes, but so do a large number of forumers.

At least I make my remarks slightly more carefully:
    "Sorry about last comments, but don't think they were anymore sarcastic then Psiraven's"

"I'm a MKIV user, I have been hit with NS and thankfully its only gotten me killed twice because most times its been in a location where i could literally either run OUT of range for the MP / Pet or simply zone when its in massive combat situations."

Only died twice to Nano Shutdown? How long have you been PvPing?

I think you and I are differing here in our view points. ALL classes should have the capability to PvP. There is no Role-Playing portion to this game. The Bureacrats do not have offices. The MP's do not have temples. We are all fighting the same monsters and same players in same PvP zones.

MP's are a primary combat class. There is a tradeskill portion to the game, yes. Those classes can be argued weren't meant for combat. But everyone else is. MP's have nano programming, Fixers have B&E.

No strategical niche is going to allow an MP to avoid getting all his pets messed up. Some of us don't have the patience to deal with it, others do. I'm not one of those who has the patience, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad PvP MP player. I know what Im doing.

There are things in this game that are beyond strategy and when it comes down to it, you have to decide whether you like what you end up with. If you don't, you have to reroll.

Alright, really bowing out this time.
    Last edited by Psiraven; Sep 17th, 2002 at 22:53:57.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Well, the point is kinda missed because of inconclusive data so I'll elaborate a bit.

There are probubly less MP's of high level that pvp than there are Fixers.
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)

Yes, and there's a reason for that which I pointed out above.

We're all in your guild, Arg. I'm a frustrated MP player, Cobalt is a frustrated MP player. Bravermind is a frustrated MP player.

How many title 6 MP's have to tell everyone that the class is on a downward trend before its believed. We've reached the end-game. If you got time, go visit the MP board: the older topics, not the newer ones. A lot of people playing have come to the conclusion that the class is a dead end...and have re-rolled...and rightfully so.

I keep Psiraven around mostly because you guys occasionally need nanoprogramming and the fact that most people know me as that character.
    Last edited by Psiraven; Sep 17th, 2002 at 23:29:03.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Originally posted by Psiraven
    "Psiraven, Go Away isnt actully a good assult on somebody that is NICE on your proffesion but still give ya the truth =p You perfectly shows you are acting Childish to the hole thing. =) Also As STATED many times the MC shield buff (if were even gona get it) wont hardly be so overpowered as you belive.. dunno if were gona get use for it at all..

Try to see that.. =p and.. Oh i forgot.. Go away =p

Nah take it cool =)"
    -----------------------------------------------

Ah, Hajkster, Hajkster, Hajkster.

You got to love people who dress up insults with little smiley face emotes. Its like they want to insult you, but they don't want to put any teeth into it.

Hey, look at this way, at least when "I" post something I actually support it with reasoning and experience. I don't post one small paragraph to a complicated issue which just says, I'm right and you're wrong.

Whoops, I forgot the little smiley face emote. "I'm right and you're wrong. =)" There, thats better.

Ok, I think I got it all now. Jekyl is "just go away" and you are "I'm right and you're wrong. =)" though I'm still weighing "You disagree with me? You must be a Child. =)" as a possible contender.

Got it. So, next time I post a long argument and you guys post a response, I'll like...look at the those two phrases to remind myself what the whole point of what you're saying is.

Like I said earlier, I didn't seek you guys out. And I'm still open to starting out on a new foot...but (shrug) its up to you guys.
    You bet, i had to lower my self to your lvl. How else would you understand me?

And my smiles? thats my trade mark! =) Am i a child for that? Can't i discuss for that?.. Do i everytime say, Go away? And of course im right... Its not like your right if we should belive you have tested out this MC shield buff, which you in return say is so very overpowered. It's not like you have tested NSD on anyone that have used a MC shield buff. Cause relise fact. Its not in the game yet. Infact the NT so called patch that everyone have been talking about for so many months haven't even been planed for release yet.

No I rather post with a positive and rather upplifting *this will suit all* way. But i guess your to stuborn up your MP Bottom to relise that.

And i still aquire my position that your acting like a child, period.

If your gona flame me cause of my smiles, because you can't come up with any response then just stfu.

And hell, it wasnt us that brang the damned MC shield Buff question in this thread at all.
    Last edited by Hajkster; Sep 17th, 2002 at 23:44:15.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

It takes more then just picking proffesion and lvling it to 200 to be good at pvp. Docs are good at pvp but not great we have our enemies we have those who we can kill easely. Such as MP wasting doctor for MP is peace of cake a noob MP can kill me on arena and even if i resist NSD couple times it doesnt stop them from casting it again. In mass combat MPs also usefull their nukes combined with wepon can be very nusty plus debuffs.

How can you speak of how much you suck at pvp if you dont pvp.
    Plus you dont have to be best just be good.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Ok, I guess I'm not QUITE done with this thread yet.

Listen up, Hajk. I TOLD you that I didn't seek you or Jekyl out to insult you.

And I TOLD you both that I was willing to start over but if you give me attitude I'm just going to return it.

What's your deal throwing a hissy fit because I flamed you and you can't come up with anything clever to come back with. Haven't you heard of the Golden Rule...do unto others as you would have them to do to you?...reap what you sow? blah blah blah.

I did NOT seek you guys out. YOU guys came HERE and started a mud slinging fest, ignoring every discussion point that was made, and aiming straight at me. Before this thread existed, I didn't even know your names.

If you INSIST on dishing it out, you're going to take it. Cuz, you earned it...and deserved it. You have no cause to feel "wronged," buster. So don't act all 'perturbed' about it.

But...I'm trying to bow out of this thread. And so, here we go again.
    Last edited by Psiraven; Sep 18th, 2002 at 00:58:10.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Psiraven, you can have your opinions, but why do you get so mad if other people post their opinions?

You resorted to quite hostile remarks in your arguments by dissing people who simply were stating their opinion.

You call me a newbie for example when you have no clue about my gaming background nor do you have idea when I first started playing this game. When you do resort to flaming people, you don't do any favors to yourself or your opinions...only thing that will happen that people will completely start dissing what you say.

If you want to get your messages throught, you should not attack everyone just because their opinion is different from yours. People don't always agree with my opinions, but instead of attacking them personally...why not try making your statements stronger (and this does not mean flaming, or calling people with names)? However, you can never win all your arguments.

The way you have been acting is childish, my 13 year old cousin is more careful with his comments and arguments. No offence ment. This thread started positively, I re-read the whole thing...it only went to this direction after you started dissing people for stating their opinions, which resulted them dissing your opinions and so fort.
    Last edited by North; Sep 18th, 2002 at 01:25:05.

I wuv all my fellow MoK'ers :P But u clanners can take a hike !! hehe
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)

lol I'm not mad at all, North. These discussions never get me mad...but they do make me laugh.

I called you a newb because you misrepresented Nano Shutdown due to your "sentence structure" as Meurgen pointed out, anybody who read it would've thought the same.

"If you want to get your messages through, you should not attack everyone just because their opinion is different from yours."

Eh? What thread are you reading, North? My first 3 posts don't flame anybody. Then this wondrous line appears out of the blue:

"Put a sock in it Psiraven. If you, as a MP, never win fights then there's definetly something wrong with your playing style."

-Jekyl

And Hajk actually makes a post in support of such two line "wiz-dumb."

As you can see, intelligent conversation was not their aim in coming here. And so I obliged them with exactly the kind of posts they deserved. And I even gave them several small openings to desist. In fact that window is STILL open. So, here it is again, hey, guys, it doesnt have to be this way, let's START OVER.

I don't know which thread you are reading, North, but it ain't this one. There are PLENTY of people in this thread who disagreed with me but did not resort to name-calling.

I know what attacking "everyone" means, and its definitely not something I do here.

As I said before, time to pull out of this thread. But of course, thats not a promise written in stone.
    Last edited by Psiraven; Sep 18th, 2002 at 03:56:42.
    MP's should be FEARED.

If somebody offends you, I can understand why you have to attack back. However, I never resort to flame people directly, I might tell them to feck off, if they are out of line, but thats it.

I just did not see a point for your remarks towardsme when I had not attacked you in this thread or any other threads.

However, you can call me a newb or with anything else your prefer, but don't expect that I will ever have much respect on your posts after that. In fact, I would probably skip them in other threads. Only way to have an intelligent conversation in this forum
    is by only answering to those people who have something to say and spend at least a while thinking how they gonna say it. The rest of the posts (would say 50% or more) are just rubbish and I just ignore them. They are waste of time.

I understand that class balances are a sensitive issue, North. This thread is the perfect example.

Some people just aren't "detached" enough from their characters to have a conversation about it.

I won't call you a newb, North, and I will apologize for that ( I do think your proposed changes to debuffs are very heavy handed though). I'll even apologize to Jekyl and Hajk...as long as they do me the same favor...quid pro quo.

And as I've said in other threads, where we go, is up to them. I hope you do read my posts in the future...hopefully in calmer topics...and participate in the discussion as well.
    MP's should be FEARED.

the prob is at the begining i stared MP because that was fun to have some pet

i was a noob didn think about pvp all class can pvp some are more easy than other and MP is 1 of those class which there are hard to pvp

so if i get some point i ll be happy

my dream is to be apprentice with my MP if i get it i m gonna ba happy but that s not easy

Ok, I guess I'm not QUITE done with this thread yet.

Listen up, Hajk. I TOLD you that I didn't seek you or Jekyl out to insult you.

And I TOLD you both that I was willing to start over but if you give me attitude I'm just going to return it.

What's your deal throwing a hissy fit because I flamed you and you can't come up with anything clever to come back with. Haven't you heard of the Golden Rule...do unto others as you would have them to do to you?...reap what you sow? blah blah blah.

I did NOT seek you guys out. YOU guys came HERE and started a mud slinging fest, ignoring every discussion point that was made, and aiming straight at me. Before this thread existed, I didn't even know your names.

If you INSIST on dishing it out, you're going to take it. Cuz, you earned it...and deserved it. You have no cause to feel "wronged," buster. So don't act all 'perturbed' about it.

But...I'm trying to bow out of this thread. And so, here we go again.
    i have NEVER given you a bad attiude.. i even supported you in the MC buff thread and posted some info bla bla... So wth have i done to Deserve your insane Greatness?

But yea.. sure lets start from start =) Just dont flame me for my smiles.. ill never stop you'll see.

and oh.. i think i knew you from 4holes way early.. in some pvp contenst...Either it was you or giventofly that i rooted in air =/
    Last edited by Hajkster; Sep 18th, 2002 at 19:34:53.
    ---

I understand that class balances are a sensitive issue, North. This thread is the perfect example.

Some people just aren't "detached" enough from their characters to have a conversation about it.

I won't call you a newb, North, and I will apologize for that ( I do think your proposed changes to debuffs are very heavy handed though). I'll even apologize to Jekyl and Hajk...as long as they do me the same favor...quid pro quo.

And as I've said in other threads, where we go, is up to them. I hope you do read my posts in the future...hopefully in calmer topics...and participate in the discussion as well.
    Yes =) pardon
    ---

Excellent! My sincere apologies to Hajkster.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast