Thread: Family matters

Family matters

[As posted in the "Meanwhile on Rubi-Ka"]

"She is putting on a brave face, but I am afraid this is serious." The doctor talks to officer Hendrix. It is about his sister, Viie, a young Omni-Pol corporal.

"How serious?"

"Her stutter is back, but now it seem's as his overall condition has taken a jump for the worse. Her right side of the body keeps getting numb. It is baffling." The doctor shakes his head.

Virta's sister was killed and reclaimed roughly two years ago, in a firefight with clan members. They were both on the same mission that day, but had got separated. She developed a stutter after the incident. It usually was in submission, but when stressed it came to trouble her again. She had always insisted she was fit for policework.

Virta swallows hard and makes a fist behind his back, fingernails almost cutting into his hand. "She will get the best care. I will see to that." He looks through the glass to her hospital room. Viie turns his head, smiles and gives a small wave with her hand.

------------

Some time later in the Omni-Pol building. Virta is in his combined office and workshop, putting last items from his desk into a cardboard box. "Almost done."

He looks at a big robot in the corner. The two red eyes of the robot are quite emotionless. It had been his for the duration of his career, and is modified almost beyond recognition. The armor is thick and has permanent blackish color suffered from plasma and laser weapons, making it look at least twice as heavy as a normal version, which it probably is.

Virta stares at his robot for a moment, before giving the order. "You are coming with me Robo." It immediately lurches forward as if it had been expecting the command, and walks to stand beside the officer.

He picks up the cardboard box, taking one more look around. Before turning the lights off and exiting, he walks up to the "No running" sign on the wall, and sets it straight.

------------

OOC: I am not finding the time to play actively these days and not to mention having a high rank in Omni-Pol, the best organisation on Rubi-Ka. This is the explanation if you are wondering why Virta is a corporal again. I am merely acknowledging the fact that I am not as active as I used to be, having thought it over the past months. I am not cancelling my account and I will still be around occasionally, but more in a back seat.
    Last edited by Virta; Jan 7th, 2008 at 14:52:56.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

I well recall serving under you, General Hendrix, when I served with Omni-Pol. To be honest, when I made the application I was naturally very cautious, having come from Omni-AF, where the environment is strict is disciplined and professional. You are probably well aware of the rumours surrounding Omni-Pol, and I very much hoped they were wrong. They were. You especially were a very professional officer, a stand up citizen, good person and, I'm glad to say, a fine friend.

Best of luck, and enjoy your rest.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

((Well, I'd heard rumours you were pulling a lot of AFK recently. I'd even heard you managed to catch pneumonia? If so, I hope all cleared up well. You're a great person and, I hope I can truthfully say, a good friend. Since we have too little contact as it is, I imagine I won't see much of you when we both play little. Feel free to drop me a line, anytime, and remember there's always a community here needing reminded that we can't run!))
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||