Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [RK2] Freelance: Omni-AF Captain Plans Great Leaps Forward For Borealis

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK2] Freelance: Omni-AF Captain Plans Great Leaps Forward For Borealis

Omni-AF Captain Plans Great Leaps Forward For Borealis
    January 05, 29482 - Marion Vein [Rimor]

IRRK Freelance - Omni-Armed Forces Captain Heuris Vascud has announced plans for an Armed Forces division to reinforce police forces in and around Borealis City.

Captain Vascud proposed that her division give much needed support to the Police forces in the area in order to inspire bravery in their hearts, and to show them what Omni-Tek is capable of in defending against the alien invasion.

In a bold statement, she commented that "the current force [in the city of Borealis] is not fit for the bill".

She feels that with the enhanced protection of Omni-AF, Borealis will be gaining the safety and security that it rightly deserves.

This bold new initiative, planned to be presented to the Board of Directors, may be just what is needed to inspire the police into more effective action than their current fearful idleness.

Though some might wrongfully think that Omni-Tek protection is no longer needed within the city after the arrival of the robotic guards created by Penelope Hollister and Harland Bregetty, they certainly do not protect the city from other, perhaps even more dangerous threats such as Red Freedom and the Dust Brigade.

"How are we no longer needed?" Captain Vascud asked. "Say the 'Engineers' succeed in their attempt. Say the robots fend off the Kyr'Ozch. They are programmed for -only- that. Who will keep the peace amongst people in Borealis? Conflict is natural and will occur without order."

Conflict between various factions within the city continues daily, both seen and unseen, in the streets, the markets, and in dark and dingy corners. The robots cannot help to alleviate this situation, since their only programming is to stop aliens. If large robots begin to be programmed to automatically harm humans, it is not one great leap of faith to find ourselves waking to robotic anarchy.

However, well trained members of OTAF could easily aid in this matter and help to achieve order, once again bringing peace to the beautiful city.
    The feeling and vigour with which this move is proposed can best be expressed in words exclaimed by Vascud in Omni-1 Trade:

"Come hell or high water, I will not let terrorists and conspirators breach the safety of Borealis."

Okay, I think I can keep talking for hours about the effectiveness of the current guards. And how they can't take care of the conflict they created for being there.

I still say that these bots are better. Put 5 of them in the control of a neutral engineer and he'll be able to control an area. Something 5 Omni Pol guards have yet to do in Bory. I trust the two funny engineers.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Rather AF than a few robots only two people have somewhat control over, hell put Unicorns back inside the city walls.

Depending on which units are assigned to this post, I do agree that what support there is now is not sufficient to the needs of the city. In terms of protection anyway. However, I don't necessarily believe that the addition of troops should be permanent as it could lessen our efforts elsewhere. Only show the opposition that we have the man-power and the will to keep this city, and that any fight within its walls is futile.
    Rome "Tipha" Leonheart
    Commander, Perfect
    Omni-AF Special Operations

This reporter does a brilliant job of sounding like an employee of Omni Tek Press Corps. And somewhat sensationalising a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    This reporter does a brilliant job of sounding like an employee of Omni Tek Press Corps. And somewhat sensationalising a story.
    This product of Omni-reform is beginning to seem more mechanical than the robots that started this series of stories. Let's review the facts, shall we?

Fact: All three stories are authored by the same individual.

Fact: In the first article (titled " Engineers Plot Illegal Takeover"), she failed to include a single shred of evidence that the engineers were planning anything illegal, let alone any sort of takeover.

Fact: The reporter has repeatedly attempted illegal abduction of one of the engineers.

Fact: The reporter's second report is fabricated to misinform the public about one of her failed abduction attempts.

Fact: This third report denies the premise of the first report (that the robots are capable of taking over).

I suppose expecting someone from Omni-reform to present the truth is like expecting Omni-AF to deliver flowers to your apartment.
    Last edited by Riawn; Jan 6th, 2008 at 04:59:08.

I'll bring you flowers if you like. *grins*
    Rome "Tipha" Leonheart
    Commander, Perfect

Omni-AF forces are supremely capable in keeping civil order and ensuring the security of this important city. I feel this deployment would allow Borealis to begin further development, with the aid of Omni-Tek. No doubt the forces deployed could be used to assist with development projects as well as force protection and defense operations.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

It is a sorry sight to see the ghetto that is Borealis now turned one step away from a concentration camp.

I see more upgrades in your future, like electronic frontiers and explosive collars.

All for your own safety too! Omni-tek wouldn't want any of you helpless neutrals to get caught in a firefight! Oh, the thought of it all!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Yeah, lets get more OTAF in Bor.

It's infinitely preferably that armed goons shoot people they don't like the look of on a whim than robots doing it by accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

This product of Omni-reform is beginning to seem more mechanical than the robots that started this series of stories. Let's review the facts, shall we?
    Are you saying i was Omni Reformed? or that the reporter Marion Vein was reformed?

Omni-AF forces are supremely capable in keeping civil order and ensuring the security of this important city. I feel this deployment would allow Borealis to begin further development, with the aid of Omni-Tek. No doubt the forces deployed could be used to assist with development projects as well as force protection and defense operations.
    next step when the Omni AF get scared like the Omni Pol did, call in the Unicorns = one big bloodbath, news of such would do Omni Tek publicity a world of good now wouldnt it?.
    Borealis would be fine if Omni Tek stopped interfering with the Neutral population especially in neutral cities.

next step when the Omni AF get scared like the Omni Pol did, call in the Unicorns = one big bloodbath, news of such would do Omni Tek publicity a world of good now wouldnt it?.
    Borealis would be fine if Omni Tek stopped interfering with the Neutral population especially in neutral cities.
    It is not a neutral city, it is quite clearly under Omni-Tek administration. Your statements about Omni-AF are unfounded, and untrue. You have clearly never come across AF before. They are professional soldiers, not police officers, and are far more well versed and trained in dealing with more volatile and hostile situations. The Unicorns have a presence in Borealis, and this is to defend the satellite dish area from possible attack. It is clearly not their mission to interfere with the running of the city itself.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian View Post
    It is not a neutral city, it is quite clearly under Omni-Tek administration.
    We more then Administrate it, we own it. Borealis was an Omni-Mine controlled property. However, after the notum vein ran dry Omni-Mine moved it's resources elsewhere, allowing neutral stake claimers to try their hands at the mines.

Just because Neutrals moved in does not make it a neutral city.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Well said Sotto. Everyone can piss and moan but in the end we most certainly do and will continue to keep this city. We will also do this without aid from the Unicorns. That is unless we merely want to make things overly exciting. *smiles*
    Rome "Tipha" Leonheart
    Commander, Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    We more then Administrate it, we own it. Borealis was an Omni-Mine controlled property. However, after the notum vein ran dry Omni-Mine moved it's resources elsewhere, allowing neutral stake claimers to try their hands at the mines.

Just because Neutrals moved in does not make it a neutral city.
    You are quite right, I felt administrate to be a better sounding word than 'rule'. As we all know, but these misguided people do not seem to realise, is that Omni-Tek does not hold an active presence in Borealis to rule, but to develop and guide the city, and its residents, to a prosperous future with the company.

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian View Post
    You are quite right, I felt administrate to be a better sounding word than 'rule'. As we all know, but these misguided people do not seem to realise, is that Omni-Tek does not hold an active presence in Borealis to rule, but to develop and guide the city, and its residents, to a prosperous future with the company.
    Well, you guys keep on keeping on administrating with an iron fist, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Are you saying i was Omni Reformed? or that the reporter Marion Vein was reformed?
    I'm sure with a little research you can figure it out.

Omni-Reform is also the propaganda machine of the corporation. Since when was it unusual for their operatives to make news reports?

|| Primal Evolution ||

Its about time Newland builds up some forces to take Borealis back! Borealis is a neutral city, and it can not be neutral without neutrals controlling it!
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Law abiding citizens have nothing to fear from Omni-Tek personel stationed in Borealis. I wonder if those protesting their presence may have something to hide, hmmm?
    Major Eldridge Naxilite McCovery
    Adventurer, level 149
    Ranger and Explorer and of the Shadowlands
    Member of the Independent Rubi-Kans
    http://aoir.3.forumer.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast