Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RK2] Freelance: Engineers Plot Illegal Takeover

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK2] Freelance: Engineers Plot Illegal Takeover

Engineers Plot Illegal Takeover
    January 02, 29482 - Marion Vein [Rimor]

IRRK Freelance - BOREALIS - On Saturday, the 15th of December 29481, robotic forces succeeded in defending the city against the alien invaders. But what are those engineers really up to behind the mask of protection? Find out, as I attempt to get to the bottom of this conspiracy.

The city of Borealis was invaded by alien forces on Saturday the fifteenth, and, like any other attack previously, it was repelled. Although the robotic defence system, consisting of robots built and equiped by Harland Bregetty and Penelope Hollister, did manage to beat back the aliens, it was not without the invaluable help of nearby civilians, as well as support from unit members of both Omni-Pol and the AF dispatched from all over the planet to relieve the crisis.

There is no doubt that Harland and Penelope have been toiling hard over the past few months in order to construct a robotic army from heaps of scrap metal and disused automations found in the junkyards of Newland and Borealis. Truly, they have been the image of hard work for Neutrals to behold.

However, are their motives really for peace within the city? During the attack, the robotic leader of the forces, Buckehead, commented that his Christmas wish was coming true. This indicates that the robots and/or their owners had wanted an alien attack on the city. While Omni-Tek is attempting to eliminate the problem from its root, I fear that should the Omni-Tek forces leave, there will be increasingly larger fights in the city, both from the aliens and opposing factions.

Before we give them our support, perhaps it is necessary to ask a few questions.

• The fame that these victories will generate for the engineers is unquestionable, but will it be used for the right motives?
    • Do the engineers really seek to help the Omni-Tek forces, or are they simply stationing forces inside the city to place a stranglehold on Omni-Tek control, and perhaps even plotting to take over control for themselves?
    • Can we really trust an army made out of junk-metal?

Is this the beginning of a new plot by Trash King to take over the world from the "pinkskins" ??? Hmmmm.... has Trash King somehow excerted some control over these two engineers.... All those robots made from trash parts from previously controlled areas by Trash King and his lackeys makes me nervous......
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    • The fame that these victories will generate for the engineers is unquestionable, but will it be used for the right motives?
    Absolutely!

• Do the engineers really seek to help the Omni-Tek forces, or are they simply stationing forces inside the city to place a stranglehold on Omni-Tek control, and perhaps even plotting to take over control for themselves?
    Perhaps, but would that really be so bad? One can argue that people have made a real mess of things on Rubi-Ka, so maybe it is time time to give the bots a chance.

• Can we really trust an army made out of junk-metal?
    Absolutely! Some on my best robots were made of junk.

Dabblez
    Last edited by Dabblez; Jan 2nd, 2008 at 19:33:29.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Well I was there in combat along side the robots against the aliens, and I have to say they did a wonderful job. Along with the everyone else that deiced to fight; however, while I did see some Omni come out for the fight, which included an excellent combat display from the Omni-AF: Bravo Unit, and the Omni-Pol Bureau of Investigation members, it's sad to say the only Omni-Tek employees I didn't see fighting were the ones stationed there to protect Borealis from the aliens in the first place. Along with one employee who stood out of harms way and shouted out Omni recruiting slogans most of the time. Not that I have anything against Omni recruiting, but during the heat of battle may not be the best time for such things.

During Kyr'Ozch attack the only people on the streets should be those fighting and those running to get home. Not a time for an employee with delusions of grandeur, trying to make herself seem far more important then she is.

While it is true Omni-Tek did dispatch extra units, or those units just came on their own accord, either way it is good they did because the Omni-Tek forces stationed there did (and do) little more then play chess while the aliens attack. I'm sure Ms. Vein, through no fault of her own, doesn't remember massive alien attacks where more then one city was hit at once. Would those employees that came out to help Borealis be so inclined if Rome was under attack at the same time?

It is also well known that Ms. Vein has been against the building of the robots and has questioned on numerous occasion how when they would do in battle. So the real question is, was this report written with true concern for Borealis or a reporter just trying to save her own reputation after being proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    It is also well known that Ms. Vein has been against the building of the robots and has questioned on numerous occasion how when they would do in battle. So the real question is, was this report written with true concern for Borealis or a reporter just trying to save her own reputation after being proven wrong.
    Who was proven wrong here? You say she questioned their combat effectiveness; and they did indeed need support for achieve victory. Sounds like a validated claim to me.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Well seeing how I was there and you were not. I would say the robots would have done just as well without human support. However I will admit the aliens were defeated faster, but that's more due to the numbers. Honestly being in many Borealis attacks I would have to say it was the bots that made the repelling of the Kyr'Ozch much faster then normal.

So on the record I would say, no the robots didn't need any support in repelling the Kyr'Ozch attack.

After witnessing their combat abilities, I believe Borealis would be well protected with the bots in place, and the Omni-Tek guards out of the city.

You're correct, I was not there. However, that's not the point.

You claimed the author to be spiteful when witting the article when, in fact, her claims can be substantiated. Your beliefs, no matter how passionate, are not proof, and as such, do not support your claims.

Now, Minister Cross, until you have factual proof I suggest you refrain from slandering reporters as it does not make your foreign affairs office look very good.

Just merely stating an opinion, much like Ms. Vein article. I'm sure I am far more qualified then yourself or Ms. Vein too judge combat tactics and maneuvers against the Kyr'Ozch.

And this is print so it would be libel not slander, might I suggest you get a dictionary at your embassy.

However if anyone here today is going, or should be charged with libel it would be Ms. Vein as the title of this piece alone "Engineers Plot Illegal Takeover", without any hard proof and just merely opinion is far more defaming then anything I have said about the author.

Very well, allow me to amend my state to read Liable and Slander; Don’t think for a moment I don’t hear the words you speak.

Your jaded rebuttals are becoming quite pathetic. You read an opinion piece, call the author a liar and your reasoning is “because I’m better then her?”

I’m sure the Newland population is very proud of you.

How sad indeed the Ambassador for Newland would resort to such childish tactics as name calling. What's next a challenge out in the schoolyard at the three o'clock bell?

I've question the motives behind this, as you put it “an opinion piece”. I'm sorry but burden of proof is on the author of the article. If you say her claims can be substantiated, then please present the evidence of this. Saying that it can be done, is not evidence.
    You weren't there so any information you have about the attack is hear say. And again I will question the qualifications on both yourself and Ms. Vein when it comes to judging combat with the Kyr'Ozch. And saying I'm more experienced with fighting the Kyr'Ozch, does in no way mean I'm better then Ms. Vein, only more qualified to make an assessment in this situation.

I will go back to “Engineers Plot Illegal Takeover” is a very serious allegation Mr. Mahoney, and without concrete proof is considered libel, whether this is just an “opinion” piece or not. Or would you rather ignore this again, and divert attention by attacking me?

I would suggest Mr. Mahoney in your next rebuttal , should you chose to have one, you present hard evidence to substantiate Ms. Vein's claims, before you harass me anymore on this topic.

I fail to see that someone needs anything more than a simple counterpoint to the speculation in the original post. If you read the article, the only thing the reporting is doing is theorizing.

Asking for proof to counter that is conspiracy met with conspiracy. Which is kinda worthless to argue about unless it actually means something.

Does Omni-pol REALLY feel that threatened?? C'mon now. Be real.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Minister Cross, you’ve moved from a position of debating this article to debating your own personal beliefs.

I challenge you to show me where I called you a name; although I am sure that by now the title of Minister is being considered a joke in Newland City, and if you would like I can stop referring you as such.

The burden of proof is on the author and as I have said her claims are substantiated. Incase you have forgotten, the article is regarding the motive behind the robot army, not their combat prowess; which is a topic you injected into the discussion to create friction. Borealis is, and always has been, an Omni-Tek territory and is now staffed with Omni-Tek personnel to protect it. The Author questions the motives behind Neutrals wishing to build a robot army to protect an Omni-Tek Asset. Again, her concerns are backed up by the riots the neutrals had in Borealis following the reorganization of the city, and one of your associates on the council openly declaring war against the corporation. I do hope you can agree that civil discourse and declarations of war are serious issues.

As I stated above, she has valid reasons to make such claims. Is the headline too strong? Perhaps. However, it’s inappropriate to call the author a liar because you disagree with the headline while the body of the article is valid.

Mr. Cross, while I may not have stood on the street and slugged it out with an alien like you have, I have had a vast amount of experience in doing my job and since I am such a nice guy I will give you a piece of advice so you can better do yours. If you want to be a hunter, go hunt aliens. If you wish to be a politician, gracefully concede your claim against the author and asks the IRRK editor to retract the article until a proper headline is given. That’s how you properly address a situation like this, especially in the public eye.

I am no politician, and this is a toss from the peanut gallery here... but what im reading here is one official to another, your advising him to 'backpeddle'?

What kinda advice is that?
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

His entire argument is that the author is wrong. I believe I’ve proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the author has valid reason to make the claims she did, and as such I suggest he concede the claim that her article is based on lies. Anything else, as I mentioned earlier, is opinion he injected into the conversation to try to bolster his position against the article and needs to be discounted.

As I learned in school, "The good politician makes their moves carefully, a bad politician sticks their neck out to try to garner attention, a smart politician knows to pull their neck back before they get their head chopped off."
    Last edited by Trousers; Jan 3rd, 2008 at 15:41:39.

If you say so, but if there is one thing i learn from simple common sense, is that there are as many sides to a story, are there are pairs of ears listening in.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    Engineers Plot Illegal Takeover
    January 02, 29482 - Marion Vein [Rimor]
    This title is highly overdramatic. I'd say it was a great way to sucker someone into reading anothers shameless and rather petty personal opinion in the first place. Might I also make a point by saying that Ms Vein is a bit of a sourpuss in the first place? Stirring up pots is something she tends to do alot. I'm kinda shocked she ropes dopes so easily.

In the list she made, Ms. Vein calls in for interpretation. She infers that perhaps their purpose is in need to be scrutinized. If their purpose was meant to defend borealis from alien threats, it would seem that their purpose is fairly evident. You don't need to be a corporate thinktank to determine whether or not someone feels threatened because the legion of artificial intelligence is not at the command of Omni-tek. This is what we in the business call a "verbal sucker punch".

Of which, and really.. is Foos's reaction all the suprising? There are truly only so many reactions to expect.

And then, now you wanna back the drama queens personal opinion of a droid army designed to do the very thing they are being used for? Mind you, Foos gave omni their props for being there, and doing a good job. Vin makes few friends with her award winning personality. I also know for a fact that she has had so many catty opinions of neutral's decision-making processes, that i really can't help but be annoyed by her need to but in with other people's business. It really has nothing to do with her. He had a valid point, by mentioning whether or not it was true concern for Borealis? I think not. It was a true concern to her to infer it was a threat to OT security.

And then you want to advise him on backing down on his claim? What for? He has his own valid view, and I seriously doubt pursuing it in a political arena is nothing more than mudslinging on both sides. I'd think it would speak more for political character to stand by and support your views. If someone folded their hand every time someone told them to, that just makes them a tool, and not a leader.

My opinion is this entire piece is rubbish. You want to bicker over that? Be my guest. So allow me some advice of my own: Your time is better spent worrying over real issues, not opinions over veiled subjects.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Jan 3rd, 2008 at 17:03:33.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Mr. Mahoney, I have not done the things that you stated. I've only questioned the motives behind this piece, and have answered any questions you have asked, and have supported my stance.

I am sorry Mr. Mahoney but your saying "her claims are substantiated" is not at all valid proof or evidence. Unless you can show some hard data supporting this, I would please ask you stop this harassment on my person.

I have not once shown the author the disrespect you've shown me in trying so desperately hard in damaging my character and office.

After what has occoured last week, I seriously doubt that your character and/or office needs the aid of Ambassador Mahoney to be damaged, or that it could be more damaged than it already is. Then again, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    And then you want to advise him on backing down on his claim? What for? He has his own valid view, and I seriously doubt pursuing it in a political arena is nothing more than mudslinging on both sides. I'd think it would speak more for political character to stand by and support your views. If someone folded their hand every time someone told them to, that just makes them a tool, and not a leader.
    His claim was that she wrote the piece out of spite, and then refuses to acknowledge things when I present them to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosballx
    Mr. Mahoney, I have not done the things that you stated. I've only questioned the motives behind this piece, and have answered any questions you have asked, and have supported my stance.

I am sorry Mr. Mahoney but your saying "her claims are substantiated" is not at all valid proof or evidence. Unless you can show some hard data supporting this, I would please ask you stop this harassment on my person.

I have not once shown the author the disrespect you've shown me in trying so desperately hard in damaging my character and office.
    I don't know how I could express this any more clearly. Her position is substantiated by the actions of the Citizens of Borealis and the Newland City Council. My Embassy has warned the council in the past that their behavior could reflect negatively upon them, and every time my words were disregarded. as such, It should not be such a shock when the press finally begins to speculate based recent actions.

And in closing, disrespect shouldn't be the emotion you feel right now. You challenged the legitimacy of the Author, and as I have shown, many times, there was no room for such a challenge on that topic.

Just expect that if you try to bully people from your elected position you open yourself up to scrutiny.

You two must be boinking. I can't reasonably fathom any other reason why you would ever back this tripe.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Again Mr. Mahoney you keep accusing me of things, but still have yet to fashion any proof on what I asked.
    If anyone here is a bully it is you Mr. Mahoney.

Now if you can't present any "hard data" to substantiate the article, I will not waste my time by speaking with you about this any longer.
    Last edited by FoosballX; Jan 3rd, 2008 at 18:40:04.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast