Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RK2] Freelance: Newland Bonkers?

Newland's former Foreign Affairs Minister gunned down an Omni-Tek employee the day before the current Foreign Affairs minister assaulted two Omni-Tek employees.

I have several accounts to support this.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Was he doing it to protect his city, in the line of duty?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

As this is currently an ongoing investigation I cannot disclose specific facts, but I can say this.

The former Foreign Affairs Minister acted in cold blood when murdering the employee.

The current Foreign Affairs Minister was not serving the public's best interests when the assault occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    As this is currently an ongoing investigation I cannot disclose specific facts, but I can say this.

The former Foreign Affairs Minister acted in cold blood when murdering the employee.

The current Foreign Affairs Minister was not serving the public's best interests when the assault occurred.
    If you cant disclose facts, then why make it a point to browbeat him in a public forum? Thats rather unprofessional. If I were just a random passerby and I read this, how would I be able to determine what exactly is your beef with him, and why would it be unlawful? It would seem that the only tangible reason to say this would be to discredit someone publicly. You spoke of libel before, and is this your way of leading by example?

And how would you possibly be an expert on Newland's best interests?
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Jan 3rd, 2008 at 17:01:46.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I just managed to get a look at a log of the moment in question.
    Particularly, I found this section of the log to be the most interesting:

Vinwooke: You wanna' shoot, go right ahead. I can spin this however I want

Is this the person you're trying to defend, Trousers?
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Jan 3rd, 2008 at 17:26:36.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    If you cant disclose facts, then why make it a point to browbeat him in a public forum? Thats rather unprofessional. If I were just a random passerby and I read this, how would I be able to determine what exactly is your beef with him, and why would it be unlawful? It would seem that the only tangible reason to say this would be to discredit someone publicly. You spoke of libel before, and is this your way of leading by example?

And how would you possibly be an expert on Newland's best interests?
    It's unprofessional to re-state what was already stated in the news article?

I fail to see the point you're trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush
    I just managed to get a look at a log of the moment in question.
    Particularly, I found this section of the log to be the most interesting:

Vinwooke: You wanna' shoot, go right ahead. I can spin this however I want

Is this the person you're trying to defend, Trousers?
    I'm not going to defend her cockiness, that is something she will have to do. However, one should exhibit a level of self control, especially when wielding firearms. I highly doubt that if someone asked the individual in question to jump off a bridge that they would do so.

indiscretion lead to murder, that's the issue described in the article.
    Last edited by Trousers; Jan 3rd, 2008 at 17:33:14.

It's unprofessional to re-state what was already stated in the news article?

I fail to see the point you're trying to make.
    No, is it professional to back up and article that has no hard proof, with the inability to present proof, while claiming otherwise?

I'm not going to defend her cockiness, that is something she will have to do. However, one should exhibit a level of self control, especially when wielding firearms. I highly doubt that if someone asked the individual in question to jump off a bridge that they would do so.

indiscretion lead to murder, that's the issue described in the article.
    Well then, I guess we raise glasses to self control then, shall we? After all, considering what levied this article can be boiled down to a childish act of whining.
    Good luck defending that. Perhaps Vin shouldn't have broken protocol when she and Kaydemp tried to nab an omni-tek citizen on Newland soil, without presenting her writs beforehand, to the Newland officials who were present at the time.

SOP of law enforcement: When youre on job in another person's precinct, you bring your ID.. your writs.. and you work it out with the locals BEFORE you apprehend. If you fail to uphold protocol, it can (and often is) be considered an act of vigilanteism. Vin failed to do so. Kaydemp only offered documentation after the problem reached crush depth.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Jan 3rd, 2008 at 18:04:25.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

No, is it professional to back up and article that has no hard proof, with the inability to present proof, while claiming otherwise?
    I don't need to present proof such actions occurred. Just ask on the streets, people will confirm the events transpired. That's public knowledge. What is not public knowledge are the details we're compiling in our own investigation.

Well then, I guess we raise glasses to self control then, shall we? After all, considering what levied this article can be boiled down to a childish act of whining.
    Good luck defending that. Perhaps Vin shouldn't have broken protocol when she and Kaydemp tried to nab an omni-tek citizen on Newland soil, without presenting her writs beforehand, to the Newland officials who were present at the time.

SOP of law enforcement: When you on job in another person's precinct, you bring your ID.. your writs.. and you work it out with the locals BEFORE you apprehend. If you fail to uphold protocol, you act on your own behalf.
    I will not deny this accusation, and like the aforementioned pieces, it is being investigated fully.

I don't need to present proof such actions occurred. Just ask on the streets, people will confirm the events transpired. That's public knowledge. What is not public knowledge are the details we're compiling in our own investigation.
    Ahh, so let me get this straight. You make allegations that you dont have to support, all the while.. making it a point to ask about on the heresay streets of wherever I may be. Public knowledge is rife with speculation and opinion. Is that what they teach you in corporate school these days: I don't need proof! I got street knowledge!

Fantastic.

The details you're compiling in your own investigation. Hrm. Wonderful cover work on that one. You ask others to look up the information on the rumourweb, the whole time you come up with your own conclusions.

Then I weep for your department. That is about as novice as missing the bowl and hitting the toilet rim.

I will not deny this accusation, and like the aforementioned pieces, it is being investigated fully.
    Then you wont mind if I blow my nose on it? After all, such wonderful detective work shouldn't go unawarded.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Jan 4th, 2008 at 17:44:53.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Ahh, so let me get this straight. You make allegations that you dont have to support, all the while.. making it a point to ask about on the heresay streets of wherever I may be. Public knowledge is rife with speculation and opinion. Is that what they teach you in corporate school these days: I don't need proof! I got street knowledge!
    Specific details relating to the events does not need to be public knowledge for a claim to be backed up. If the Knights of Avalon slay an Omni-AF soldier for straying too close to Camelot, do you require piles of evidence before you believe them? Do you ask to see the sword that made to kill to compare blood samples before you credit that knight? I highly doubt it. An event happened, people saw it. Trying to deny it at this point would rank you with conspiracy theorists sputing that dark days are coming.

Fantastic.

The details you're compiling in your own investigation. Hrm. Wonderful cover work on that one. You ask others to look up the information on the rumourweb, the whole time you come up with your own conclusions.

Then I weep for your department. That is about as novice as missing the bowl and hitting the toilet rim.
    And I do not conduct my investigation over the grid. Ask some of the involved employees, I don't even discuss such matter over the comm. For matters of great importance I personally meet with people and get their accounts, compare accounts, then draw conclusions.

If you'd like more information on due process, I point you to your local library.
    Last edited by Trousers; Jan 3rd, 2008 at 18:38:39.

Newland's former Foreign Affairs Minister gunned down an Omni-Tek employee the day before the current Foreign Affairs minister assaulted two Omni-Tek employees.

I have several accounts to support this.
    What's wrong with that? I gun down omlets all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

If the Knights of Avalon slay an Omni-AF soldier for straying too close to Camelot, do you require piles of evidence before you believe them? Do you ask to see the sword that made to kill to compare blood samples before you credit that knight? I highly doubt it. An event happened, people saw it. Trying to deny it at this point would rank you with conspiracy theorists sputing that dark days are coming.
    Talking fiction is never as detailed, nor as flat as a real crime. Theorizing again, is just that. If a Knight of Avalon slew and Omni-AF soldier, the only thing I would need to know if it was over a point of honour, or a point of war. In either case, neither of these endings in violation of any law that clans have. I have studied the fundamentals of murder in our society. Reclaim is not fundamentally murder. One need not be overcomplicate the case more than this, due process or not.

In either event, your omni-tek employees broke protocol. You may have been curious to see how Neutral officials handle breaches in protocol within their own city limits, and now you know.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

You know...why does all this sound like a bit of manipulations going on by those lot down south? Lets face it, a bit of mayhem here and there gives Omni exactly what they want, another Borealis! They pulled this stunt once before, fake criminals, crimes, murders, and all the rest just to give them an excuse to play "ohh we're the good guys coming to save you" pfft. Come off it!

As for us neuts. Well, if we have to kill an Omni can't we just drag them to Borealis first? Keeps Omni's excuses all tied to the one town then :P
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

I find it symptomatic that with all this grand "investigation" going on nobody contacted either me, or other neutral witnesses like Ughnaught or Iamown for example. Seems the outcome of it has been already predetermined and based on an article written by the person who is the most interested in taking revenge.

This is one big farse.
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

Typically police place people under arrest prior to questioning. Don't feel neglected Ms. Marecki, we'll be speaking to you soon enough.

Typically police place people under arrest prior to questioning. Don't feel neglected Ms. Marecki, we'll be speaking to you soon enough.
    Does that mean Ms Vein has been arrested for questioning? I haven't heard about it. Unless the whole investigation is feeding on this one article only of course... Which makes it more than a farse really.

I repeat. None of the witnesses have been contacted. I have not been contacted in any way. Yet the investigation has been completed and I have been condemned. Unless the Newland council has been addressed on the issue without conducting any investigation whatsoever. Which, frankly, seems to be the case here.
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Stricken from the Record
    Ms. Vein’s infraction is not of the same degree as yours Ms. Marecki. Ms. Vein’s case is being looked into by Reform and InternOps and your by Admin and Pol.

I have already explained to you the conditions of questioning and thus already explained to you that the investigation is not yet complete. The statement regarding the council is unintelligible; if you wish to re-phrase it I’d be more then happy to address it to the best of my abilities.
    In light of recent developments I retract my earlier statement.

The Omni-Tek Embassy of Newland City has reached a decision in the cases involving Foreign Affairs Minister Cross and Former Foreign Affairs Minister Anamelle Marecki.

The Omni-Tek Embassy of Newland City hereby drops all pending charges against the aforementioned individuals.

Our embassy would also like to remind all employees that while in Newland City, an Omni-Tek Employee is subject to Newland's laws and regulations, which sometimes differ significantly from those of Omni-Tek and may not afford the same protections available to the individual under Omni-Tek law. Persons violating the law in Newland City, even unknowingly, may be expelled, fined, arrested, or imprisoned. If arrested abroad, a citizen must go through the foreign legal process for being charged or indicted, prosecuted, and possibly convicted and sentenced.
    Last edited by Trousers; Jan 10th, 2008 at 16:30:02.

Aw, Pants is sorry.

How cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    Well I'm not going to make any public comments at this time.
    However I will state there will be formal complains made to the Board of Directors and Omni-Reform for Ms. Marion Vein to be removed. As she clearly can not do her job and her affiliation should be revoked. She is nothing more then a drunk and a trouble maker that does nothing for the company image.
    Perhapses a job in one of the bars in Omni-Entertainment would be more suiting for her.
    The Foreign Affairs department of Newland City is no longer seeking any formal complains to be placed against Ms. Vein for her breach in protocol.

Ambassador Mahoney and myself have been able to come up with an acceptable resolution to the past events. No further action is necessary in this matter.

The details of this agreement are not to be disclosed publicly.

Beta Cross
    Foreign Affairs Minister of Newland City

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12