Thread: Sluggish in the grid

Sluggish in the grid

I took a ~quick~ browse for this topic and didn't happen to find one, so here it is.

As of late, let's say since 14.4ish (but I think more precisely after one of the recent 'weekly' restarts) I've experienced a strange quirk in the grid.

One of my characters (just one mind you) travels very slowly in the grid. At first I thought I accidentaly entered walk/sneak mode, but after checking that, I found that I could go even slower by walking/sneaking. By slowly I mean the difference between running/walking. The only way to get around this has been to constantly "hop" my way through the grid, looks funny but at least it isn't quite so time consuming.

Like I had said, this only has affected one of my characters, and I have spoken to a few others who have experienced this, so I know it's not isolated to some sort of setting on my machine/prefs. The name of this toon is Angelicvoice, a female nanomage doctor on RK1. The only thing that stands out as far as equipment goes are the 2 shrinking bracers she wears (2x title4).

I'm not expecting a solution to this by posting here, but maybe some feedback on what could be causing this and to just let everyone know about it.

Regards,

-Mon

*edit* Update: I hear that agents using Ruse 2 or 3 experience this as well. SO perhaps it does have to do with the shrinking bracers (in other words, size).
    Last edited by Monrakashi; Sep 15th, 2002 at 10:53:02.