Thread: AO News Website

AO News Website

Just a question....

We have submitted 6 News stories to Funcom within the past week and a half.

ONLY 2 OF THEM WERE PUBLISHED.

is there a limit to how much news you can submit? or what? or what and who determines which stories get published and which don't?

cause 2 out of 6 stories published does not look well for my guild, which is supposed to be a 'NEWS' Reporting Guild.
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus
    CEO Freedom News Networks Inc., RK2
    Bureaucrat, Media Mogul, and all-around good guy!

I have no idea Tarhus. I've submitted numerous news articles about various things to Funcom and I have only had two published, and that was because they were about two offical events where monsters attacked the cities. I've submitted roleplaying news stories of all types, and got nothing.
    Sepentura

"The future is in your hands."

Former Leader - Sea of Change

I mean really. so much goes on on Rk2, but no one knows about it. I have gathered a good, solid group of people, who are willing to make an effort to make RK2 happenings well-known, but Funcom defeats our purpose by not publishing our stories.

is it because we are 'only' RK2? or is there some other reason?

I would really like to know who and what determines whether a story gets published or not.

Show me in writing, what Criteria there is for getting a story published. And what is the best way to do it. Or will RK2 Clanners have to wait for our own guild website to get up and running in order to get the scoop on EVERYTHING that happens on Rk2, no matter how big or small?

oh..on a final note.a suggestion...

I'd suggest that 3 seperate news pages be made. 1 for each dimension. RK1, RK2, and the German server. so that when someone wants to read about their server events they can distunguish the stories more clearly.
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus

first of all, then the german server got nothing to do with Funcom at all. They only gave the data and software to Gamigo. Its not FCs area there.

As for your news. Not all of them can be posted. and specialy not this weekend where the entire FC is moving so, its a busy week

Although I don't know what they news articles were about, The first thing that came to mind for me was:

6 articles in a 1.5 weeks is verging on spam.

-blix

Originally posted by Blix
    Although I don't know what they news articles were about, The first thing that came to mind for me was:

6 articles in a 1.5 weeks is verging on spam.

-blix
    considering the type of guild I am attempting to put together...please refer here:

http://www.anarchy-online.com/org/st...2/name/1497090

I would not consider 6 stories in 1.5 weeks as spam. I would consider it productivity.

I could understand if they were 6 stories about the same event or happening. but it was 5 stories about 5 different events, and 1 interview with the creator of one of those 5 events.

anyhow, I am waiting for someone from FC to clarify the criteria for submitting news. I understand that all stories can't be published, but I'd like to know WHY. What keeps a story from being published?

and in case you'd like to see them, I will post all the stories in the Roleplaying Forum.
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus

Only 'Story' makes it to the Story site. Player run and 'greenie' events are often just that. Events.

I am not sure about that Bionitrious. I had one fairly frivolous bit of news published recently. It was really just dressed up, internal guild news. I was as suprised as anyone that chose to published it.

I guess its pretty random. Maybe on anyone day the editors select the two stories they fancy the most. So the trick would be to catch them on a slow day.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Several articles based on or pertaining to UoR-run events have made the website news. But there weren't any GMs to be seen.

Tahrus, if it's your guild activity to report on news stories, you should host the stories on your guild website and then provide links to it on the boards or in-game. Macro /shout Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Boss Ross caught playing chess with Henry Radiman in a seedy hotel! Read the full story at http://www.yourguildsitehere.com!
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Jynne
    Several articles based on or pertaining to UoR-run events have made the website news. But there weren't any GMs to be seen.

Tahrus, if it's your guild activity to report on news stories, you should host the stories on your guild website and then provide links to it on the boards or in-game. Macro /shout Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Boss Ross caught playing chess with Henry Radiman in a seedy hotel! Read the full story at http://www.yourguildsitehere.com!
    that is the original plan...but for now we are just submitting the stories to AO until we complete our site.

we also plan to have a magazine running from our site as well.

the Newspaper portion will pertain to just reporting the news and events.

the as-yet-untitled Magazine will be more player-based..with interviews and features on RK2 players, hints/tips, location guides..etc.
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus

No idea what parameters they use to pick the news, but I know I've submitted a few articles over a while and never had any published. A couple weeks ago I submitted one about Omni-Admin/Red Tape conducting unauthorized investigations in Tir, but instead, an article about the Intercessor event on RK2 was published.

I honestly feel that they should at least seperate the player news by dimension. I don't like reading an article about some guilds forming some new alliance and being completely baffled because I don't recognize any of the names. I can't even describe how confused I was the first time I read an Intercessor article. It's great that RK2 gets their news and events, but lumping the dimensions together just makes things confusing, and restricts the news that should be getting published from all the dimensions.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth