Thread: An illusion of past becomes present?

An illusion of past becomes present?

pc.ign.com preview of AO, dated September 10, 1999

[*klip* bits that AO has lived up to...]

But the game won't just focus around beating the crap out of everyone you see. The Funcom team promises that the quests in Anarchy Online will be much more fulfilling than in most other MMORPGs. As Martin explains it, "One of the things we really wanted to do was make it possible to raise your level without killing monsters." This means you can expect quests that offer huge monetary and experience compensation, giving players the option to progress without having to kill everything in sight. There will be thousands of pre-scripted quests, unique one-time quests, and even live dynamic quests offered by the Funcom team when they're online. But you won't be limited to just these types of missions. Other players can also design their own quests and submit them to other online gamers. For example, you might offer a reward for someone to deliver you a particular item you've been searching for. You can create a 'Reference' (memory picture) for other players to see and send the quest out to the general populace. This has the potential to raise the level of interactivity between characters past that of any online game to date.
    /me *snickers*

Wow! What game is that about? I want to try that!

Oh wait...
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

heh... then the exploiters came and FC said that is bad. so they nerfed NT's and all was good.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

I suppose that was before they had to do a premature release, due to financial circomstances.